Keep Dynasty Weird: The Second Chance Dynasty League

Andre_Johnson

One of my recent passions when it comes to dynasty fantasy football is educating myself about varying unique league concepts. Some might even call these leagues weird.  If that’s true, I want to keep dynasty weird. In this series, I will profile some leagues that have been based on a unique concept. I’ve created some of these leagues and some I have been a part of, but all have something special about them.

It happens every off-season to me and many other dynasty football players. With real game action put on hold, I scratch the fantasy itch by joining new leagues. Early in my fantasy football career, each January I would embark on my journey to find the perfect dynasty league. Most often, this would result in a short-term stay in a league that I could tell was going nowhere fast. Finally, I came to the realization that if I wanted to find the right league for me, the best option was to create the league myself. That is how I became a commissioner.

Early in this off-season, a friend of mine asked me some advice regarding an established dynasty league. But, his question was a unique one. He was not asking for help on a difficult trade decision, nor was he looking for a late round sleeper in his rookie draft. In his league, there were two open teams. The previous owners of these teams had abandoned them. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common practice in online dynasty leagues. Owners usually have a variety of excuses about why they are choosing to leave a league, but it usually boils down to the quality, or lack thereof, of their team.  When this issue presents itself, a commissioner often has a challenging task set before him to find new owners for the available teams. Clearly, if there is just a lone open team, the choice is clear: find a new owner willing to take on the team as it is.  When there are multiple teams in need of someone to guide them, other avenues become available. One of the most popular recent ways to entice new owners to join your established league is by offering them the option to participate in a dispersal draft.

When conducting a dispersal draft, all assets (players and future rookie picks) from a set group of teams, usually two or three, are made available to draft. The typical way this is managed is to allow all new incoming owners to participate. While owners already in the league may have the option to make trades during the dispersal draft, they are not otherwise allowed to restock their team in this way.

This is the exact situation my friend was asking about. As I mentioned, his league had multiple openings and would be using a dispersal draft for the incoming owners. The twist was there were a couple of owners who had poor teams. These owners evidently saw this as an opportunity to reset the clock and give them a chance to be competitive in short order. These two owners requested the chance to participate in the upcoming dispersal draft by relinquishing their rights to all of their players. The league commissioner was considering their request and even opened things up to the other league members to determine if other current owners were interested. This is what led my friend to ask for my advice. He has a strong, contending team in this league, so he was not considering participating in the potential dispersal draft. Instead, he was wondering if this was a good thing for the league. An even more important question…was this fair? Owners like my friend and others had spent their time in the league making trades, scouring the waiver wire and studying each rookie class as they prepared for drafts, and had done each of these successfully. Would it be fair to allow teams who had been less successful, for whatever reason, to get a second chance like this?

My immediate and gut response was “no.” Allowing something like this was setting a bad precedent, which the commissioner would be reminded of over and over each off-season. Fortunately for the future of the league, the commissioner and the owners decided against allowing existing teams from participating in their dispersal draft, limiting it to only the new owners taking over abandoned teams.

Over the next couple of days, I continued to focus on this idea. I conducted an internal debate about the fairness of this possibility, allowing current owners to essentially dump their team and start fresh. The more I considered the potential of this, the more I realized what I liked least about it for my friend’s league is that this involved a rule change well after the league had already been established. Each year in my dynasty leagues, we have a time for discussion and voting on possible rule changes, but there are some rules that should not be changed or altered in any way after the startup draft. I’ll touch more on some of these sacred rules in an upcoming article. What stood out though was that this rule might have worked if owners had just known about it from the start of the league.

In analyzing this possible rule, I began to weigh the pros and cons of affording owners a second chance as a first draft. I discussed with my friend in the aforementioned league and also consulted with some other dynasty players whose opinions I value greatly. What came from this was a solid list of reasons a league like this might just work.

First, this would help to retain owners. Many times, sadly, owners simply leave a league when their team is not competitive year after year. Giving owners the flexibility to start fresh could help to keep these owners in the league for the long-term. You might argue an owner who would bail on the league due to the state of their team is not an owner you’d want to keep anyway (and you’d be correct), but there are often quality owners that get stuck with a bad team after a series of unforeseen events, be it injuries or off the field issues, as we’ve recently been cruelly reminded of. Allowing an owner to participate in a dispersal draft could help keep those quality owners in your league.

Another positive side effect of this idea is it allows for even more strategy when conducting a startup draft or playing out the regular season. We all have been a part of startup drafts when some teams are clearly in “win now” mode grabbing every high performing veteran available, while other owners want the all of the youngest and most hyped players they can get, which usually results in multiple losses in years one and two.  Understanding each owner has a chance to hit the proverbial reset button would allow for an even wider variety of strategies, specifically in year one.

Finally, another pro is this format could help attract new owners to the world of dynasty football. There are millions and millions of fantasy football players, but the large majority only play in yearly redraft leagues and for whatever reason, have yet to venture into a dynasty league format. In the past, a small keeper league has been a successful bridge between redraft and dynasty and has helped bring many players into dynasty leagues, but this would truly give new owners a feel for dynasty, which allowing an “out” if needed.

With all this in mind, I decided this was a format I wanted to test and find if it could truly work. The downside is it would take a full year or more to come to a conclusion, since the first season would be played out as any other dynasty league would.

I ventured to Twitter to find eleven other dynasty players willing to try out a new concept and what I found was shocking. With almost no information about the unique format of the league, I received tremendous response. So much so, that I created a league of 24 teams, featuring two twelve team conferences with a separate player pool. And thus, the Second Chance Dynasty League was formed.

Soon after this, the startup draft was held, and while it may not be evident, there were multiple comments during the draft alluding to the possibility of using that second chance option a season from now.

Here are the specific rules created and which the league was based on:

• During the off-season, each owner will have the option for a second chance dispersal draft.
  • Any owners opting for the second chance will relinquish the majority of their assets, including all players and rookie picks.
  • The only asset owners will retain is their blind bid waiver money.
  • Owners will declare their decision to opt for the second chance by emailing a third party not involved in the league.
  • Once the deadline passes, the commissioner will reveal the teams choosing the second chance.
  • If more than one team in each conference opts for the second chance, all assets will be dropped and will be part of the second chance dispersal auction
  • If only one team in each conference opts for the second chance, the two owners will have the option to completely switch teams and conferences. Both parties would have to agree to this switch.

I can’t wait to check back in a year from now and let everyone know how the second chance rule worked.

As I mentioned earlier, I would not be comfortable enacting this rule in current dynasty leagues, but I think with a solid group of dedicated owners, it would be a unique twist that would add another element of strategy. In fact, our friend Scott Atkins liked my idea so much he used it as part of the basic rules for the Dynasty World Championship, sponsored by FFToolbox.

If you have questions about the rules or format of the Second Chance Dynasty League, please post them below or contact me on Twitter @RyanMc23

Ryan McDowell
Latest posts by Ryan McDowell (see all)
Michael Dillon

Sounds like an interesting concept and have had some owners in my league suggest the same….
I think i might have to put a limit on how many times an owner can reset though; maybe 1 out of every 3 years or so, at some point the owners that scout and draft well should get rewarded for their efforts. I wouldn’t want the league to fall into a situation where the same 4 or 5 owners don’t feel like putting in the effort and you basically end up with half of a dynasty league and half redraft…..although there’s an interesting concept right there…..a league in which one conference is dynasty and the other is redraft. *now the wheels are turning*

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  Michael Dillon

Michael,
The same thing (some type of limit) has already been suggested and is something we may end up enacting. I’m really interested to see how it going next offseason.

A few friends of mine play in a set of leagues in which 1 is dynasty, 1 is redraft and has the same 12 owners in both. Let me know if you want to check out their rules setup.

Brian Luzier
Reply to  Ryan McDowell

In a dynasty lg I started with friends from home (12 tm) the 1.13 pick goes to the winner of a draft master league we’ll all participate in (only reward for winning the DM), and the 1.14 goes to the winner of a survivor pool we all participate in on MFL

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  Brian Luzier

I love unique rules like this. In my HyperActive leagues, we used to have a weekly pick ’em game and the overall winner earned an extra 3rd rounder. Ultimately, not enough followed through with it and we cut it out, but I enjoyed it.

Reply to  Ryan McDowell

Pretty interesting idea.. I don’t know that its something I would want to particpate in or not but interesting nonetheless. You should check out the league that im in. 32 teams 42 man rosters 5 man rookie taxi squad. Idp ppr we start 20 players every week. Very fun we are in year two. Footballapocalypse.com

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  todd

Wow, such a deep league. I’ll check out the site. Thanks!

Matt Caufield

I’m one of the 24 owners in this new league and cannot wait to see how the season plays out. I think sometimes dynasty leagues can get stale, so this unique twist should add a bit more freshness. I’m anxious to see how many owners at the end of 2013 opt to participate in the dispersal draft. I’m glad to be part of it.

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  Matt Caufield

Thanks Matt, glad to have you in the league. I really can’t wait to see if the idea “works.”

BB Wayne

I’m also in this league and love the concept. One thing not mentioned in the article are the FOUR flex positions in addition the only one player requirement for QB, RB, WR, TE. And on top of that the league kicked the kickers! Belichick would truly be proud.

With so many flex options I went into the startup draft front loading my team with RBs using the first four picks followed up by a QB. I’m confident my WRs can develop and believe a few of them can emerge as the next Victor Cruz or Miles Austin. Of course most in Dynasty would target the stud WR or two early because of the years of potential production, but this league allowed me to “experiment” with a heavy RB strategy I’ve been wanting to utilize knowing I can possibly blow up the team and reset with other owners.

Great job Ryan and thanks for continuing to think outside the box so our favorite hobby can continue to evolve.

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  BB Wayne

Trying alternate strategies is another great example of a “pro” that comes with this setup.

Paul Bandurski

I think this type of league brings a dimension to dynasty. I am currently in a hybrid keeper/dynasty league that has a similar function as the “second chance” dispersion. We have a 19 man roster, 16 round draft, and 1 pickup each of the first 3 weeks (with different rules each of those weeks for the order).

However, back to the draft… We have the option of keeping zero upto 4 players or keeping 12 upto 16 players. So if I kept 4 players, I would lose my first 4 round picks and if I kept 16, I would have no draft picks unless I would trade for one. So with that in mind, each year I have to decide if I have a contender and keep most or all of my players or I am rebuilding and keep my studs. I also have to look at what other teams would do and speculate, who would be available or how many others would be drafting in early rounds. It makes our league unique (or at least it used to).

On a secondary note, I took over this team 8 years ago. It was my first dynasty/keeper league. It took 7 years in the cellar and learning how to build, rebuild, keep, trade, and manipulate my roster. However, it finally paid off when I won the league last year. It made the win way more satisfying than a win in any redraft league could ever be.

J2
Reply to  Paul Bandurski

Call me weird but I find rebuilding is the most fun about playing dynasty. Looking for the next “big thing” and creating assets via trade and taking chances on the youth movement. I think it’s pretty cool that you were willing to take the lumps for that long to rebuild your team.

My first dynasty league was purely win now and within two years my team was old and full of backups who would be out of the league in short order. So for the last 3 years I’ve been rebuilding this team and I’m still in the close but not ready to contend category. But the point is I’m learning from this and getting a better feel for what people look for when trading for young prospect or what they are willing to give up for vets and a run at a title.

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  J2

J2,
You’re right, rebuilding is one of the best parts of FF, if you have the time and patience to handle it. One of my best teams started as a takeover/rebuild and now I am setup as an annual title contender. Sounds like you are very close to that too.

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  Paul Bandurski

Paul,
Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of a league similar to 2nd Chance, but your’s is really close and sounds like a ton of fun.

The complex strategy and predicting what other owners might do will be one of the huge challenges of the league.

Congrats on your title. Feels great, doesn’t it?

David Santella

This sounds interesting. My question is if you and two other teams opt to dump your teams and redraft how does it work? When do they redraft and I am assuming that rookies would not be in their redraft pool? Could you give a little more detail of how this works?

Dave S

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  David Santella

Dave,
Thanks for the question. The dispersal draft would be held early in the offseason, around February. So, once the season has ended, teams will need to make a quick decision about the state of their team.

Once teams have made the call and declared the 2nd Chance option, all of their players and draft picks will be part of the pool of available draft options. So, there could be 2, 3 or more owners taking part in a snake dispersal draft, choosing from the players and draft picks that each team owned prior.

BucLife
Reply to  Ryan McDowell

Here’s a thought on the draft picks portion of the draft – instead of making them available as picks for the draft – why not pool them together and evenly disperse them back to the participating teams? Then if they want to trade them away after, that’s their business. I foresee more issues with putting draft picks into the draft selection process than it alleviates. Teams could EASILY be put into an even WORSE position from a dynasty perspective if they either choose to or simply forget to draft future draft picks. By the same token, a team could ensure their dynasty relevance for years to come by loading up on all available draft picks. Not that I’m a fan of “socialist dynasty leagues”, but to a point as commissioner your job is to ensure that the league STAYS competitive year in and year out, so by dispersing the picks evenly and leaving the dispersal draft to only being players, you at least give each “new” team equal footing going into the upcoming seasons.

sixshooter

It’s definitely an interesting concept but I would prefer to be in a league that does not use this option because, to me, it takes away from the whole Dynasty concept and enables teams to basically throw all their eggs in one basket with veteran players in hopes of winning and, if not, they get a do-over the following year with a brand new team.

This takes a big chunk of the fun away from the rookie draft as most owners would be looking to trade their picks and there would likely be a couple really good owners who get the process down and take advantage of the new owners during the draft.

I am sure there are some NFL teams that would love this concept today but would change their mind if they were able to somehow assemble a solid, young team that would normally be competitive.

I must say though that I only participate in one 12 team Dynasty League and it is amongst friends, co-workers, etc. and we have not had to replace more than one team at a time and that does not happen often. When it does…..the owner will usually sell the team to someone because there are people waiting in line to join the league (I think I bought my team for like $150 about three or four years ago) and they still have to pay the entry fee! As a matter of fact, at least two other Dynasy Leagues were formed because of this league!

We also participate in a 16 team Re-draft League and a 12 team Auction League as well as Fantasy Basketball and Baseball (I take a break during Baseball season)so there is plenty of fantasy talk amongst us.

I can maybe see participating in an online league such as this as I am strongly considering joining an online Dynasty League but as I stated earlier……this concept takes away some of the biggest and most important things I enjoy about owning a Dynasty Team. I love the rookie draft and totally take pride in my team which I inherited and was extremely bad at the time.

I have spent the last few years building this team as I immediately gave myself a three year plan to be competitive which I was able to accomplish even though the team I inherited had guys like Kurt Warner who just retired and was by far the best player on the roster. Ricky Williams was second best player and he never came close to repeating the numbers he did the year prior. Chad Johnson played his last good year. Carson Palmer decided to hold out. Jake Delhomme was my other QB and he was just sent packing to Cleveland to be a backup. Shonn Greene was literally my only bright young player on the roster and I just listed most all of the better players on the roster! Add to that, the fact that I didn’t have a pick until #15 in the rookie draft (no first round pick)!

Anyway, you should get the point by now that the team was a mess and had been seriously trade-raped due to poor management! They did a terribly job of keeping the team young and competitive which, too me, is what makes Dynasty Football so much fun…..finding that mix of young players to go with veterans and whether you want to build through the draft, build through trades and waiver wire or a combination of both!

I realize that this concept doesn’t completely eliminate that notion but it seriously impacts it in what I would consider to be a negative way but then again……if you are in a league where you are constantly having to fill a couple spots a year consistently, then I guess maybe it makes sense but I would much rather be in a league with die hard Fantasy Footballer’s who are competitive and take pride in taking over a crappy team and turning it into one that competes year in and year out! It is this reason why I have not joined an online Dynasty League as of yet! You may as well join an online Re-draft League of some sort or maybe a Keeper League because that is what this sounds like to me…..just my opinion though!

Please don’t consider this to be bashing the article but rather just a Fantasy Fan giving an opinion. I always appreciate different ideas and thoughts when it comes to Fantasy Football and the associated rules!

Keep up the good work and I am curious to see how this league turns out in a year or two. Hopefully it’s a successful one! Sorry for writing a book but I didn’t want to just say that I don’t prefer the idea without giving a detailed explanation as to why.

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  sixshooter

Sixshooter,
Thanks for the comments. I completely understand what you’re saying. A friend of mine that is one of my go-to guys for fantasy advice feels the same way about this league. I take no offense at all and realize this league would not be for everyone. After all, it is a weird idea.

Hopefully, the guys in the league can get the strategy down pretty quickly and there won’t be a need for many 2nd Chances, but its always an option if needed (or wanted).

BucLife
Reply to  sixshooter

While I appreciate the sentiment, there is a huge flaw in your “why not to” argument: The only players available in a “dispersal draft” are the ones dumped by the participating teams (which given that they are participating, we can guess as to the quality of those players) and the players on the waiver that every other owner has already deemed unworthy of a spot on their rosters. So they really are picking from the bottom of the barrel in terms of talent.

The only way an owner could truly rejuvenate his team through a dispersal draft is if A) you include draft picks as possible selections in the dispersal draft (I don’t recommend this for various reasons) or B) they draft a multitude of DEEEEEEEP sleeper talent that was already on the waiver wire and just wait patiently for it to develop.

Steve Moyer
Reply to  sixshooter

Boom. SixShooter nailed it. God bless.

Richard Everett

I don’t agree with this idea at all. The whole point of dynasty is to build a team, be it the worst or the best in the league, over time. I’ve been playing dynasty for 5 yrs now, not quite there in 2 very competitive leagues, but almost.

The very idea that some owner can slack for a year or 2, then blow his team up, redraft, maybe get lucky, is repugnant. My opinion is u step up to dynasty, u take yer lumps.

BucLife
Reply to  Richard Everett

OK, I know I’m commenting a lot and it’s terribly one-sided, but this is a subject I feel pretty strongly for. Anyone who just dismisses this idea out of hand, I would venture a guess, has never been commissioner of a long-time dynasty league. By having a “second chance” provision (of any kind, maybe not this specific format, but SOMETHING), you can keep the “bad owner” casualties down to a minimum. And in the event that you DO have owners leave the league and leave a team in horrible shape for the next owner to inherit, you already have a provision in place for the new owner to at least CHOOSE which bad players he/she wants to have. REMEMBER, all the good players are STILL ON OTHER TEAMS. So the only talent available to these owners are the players that you’ve already passed on. The chances of any owner drastically improving his team in a dispersal draft is slim to none. But it sure makes him feel a HECK of a lot better about his crappy players since he got to choose them personally, instead of them just being handed to him to suffer with.

Steve Moyer
Reply to  BucLife

I’ve been a commissioner of a dynasty league for 25 years. We haven’t had any problems with bad owners. The key is asking guys to join who have a keen understanding of football and/or have played lesser versions of FF over the years. We have had four teams turn over in 25 years and in each case we got a far better, more involved owner, who truly enjoyed the challenge of rebuilding a fledgling franchise. So the key to being a good commish is NOT bringing unqualified owners into the league in the first place, not coming up with wacky rules when they suck at the game.

I have no problem with goofy rules and dispersal drafts and all these other machinations of the game. JUST DON’T CALL IT DYNASTY. It isn’t.

michael bellace

Ryan I have to say it’s an interesting concept and I hope it works out for you guys. I’ll wait and see in a year or so what you guys think? I’m pretty new to the Dynasty thing so I’m not really sure how I would feel about it. I’m a purist though, so I would lean towards being against it, but to each his own. Now playing the devil’s advocate, I took over an orphaned team last season and I’m doing a major overhaul on it. If I’m being realistic with myself, I’m probably 1-2 seasons away from being a contender. Having said that, I would’ve jumped all over the opportunity when I first looked at the team I was inheriting. Needless to say, I’m glad I didn’t have that option because I’ve had more fun making trades with picks and players than ever in fantasy football. I guess it’s still pretty new for me and like redraft leagues got stale for me I’m sure Dynasty will eventually too. So I’m always up for a new challenge!
Lots of luck!

Busters

I started a fantasy league (called Imaginary league at the time) back in 1983. In this league of 10 teams you can hold as many of your 17 players each year as you care to and you come into the draft the following year according to the number of players that you hold. Thus, if I hold 12 players this year then I center the draft in the 13th round. If I have a bad team then I can keep only say 2 players and enter this years draft in the 3rd round. This constantly allows bad teams to clean off their rosters and draft more of the upcoming stars and rookies and the better more established teams to hold the majority of their players for their entire careers. We only allow two supplemental drafts during the year and only two add / drops outside of the supplemental drafts. At the supplemental drafts (following weeks 4 and 8) you can drop as many players and you care to and add as many players as needed to fill in your rosters. We hold 17 positions with 3 QB’s, 4 RB’s, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 kickers and 2 Def. special teams.

BucLife

Ryan i LOVE this article because it hits home in the HARDEST part of a dynasty league commissioner – keeping the league competitive AND consistent at the same time, while at the same time trying not to be overly lenient with the perennial “bad owners” that each league will ALWAYS have. Even in pro leagues there’s always one or two that will spend less time on the league, and thus their team suffers the consequences. That’s ONE of the reasons I established a similar format in my league.

It’s a salary cap auction keeper/dynasty league. I put the slash there because while every team has the ABILITY to keep every player on their roster, they are NOT REQUIRED TO. Every player’s salary increases by a set amount each year, and thus by nature, certain players usually have to be cut each year to stay within the cap. HOWEVER, one big difference from typical dynasty leagues is that if a team wanted, there is NO RULE that says “they must keep at least X amount of players”. If they wanted to dump their entire team, they are WELCOME TO.

What makes this possible is that every year we hold an “Unrestricted Free Agency Auction Draft”. Obviously, every year the player pool varies GREATLY depending on which high salary/low impact players had to be dumped from mostly successful teams, but just about every year, there are a few gems in the pool. Thus, No owner is tied to their players necessarily. If they wanted to go trade away their existing team for late draft picks and enter the annual “UFA Auction Draft” with a clean slate, they are welcome to do so. The wrinkle is that EVERY team that has ANY roster positions (and the cap space to fill them) participates in the draft. So if there are a few gems out there in Free Agency, the “weaker” teams won’t be able to just lowball bid them and have cheap studs to start their teams. They’ll still be bidding against most every team in the league for that player’s services.

Steve Moyer

All of this is well and good but none of these are dynasty leagues. As someone who established the version of the game in 1988, this is just plain blasphemy.

Call it whatever else you want but it sure ain’t dynasty. Perhaps Dynasty 2%, like the milk.

BucLife

While I admit that it’s not dynasty in the strictest sense of the word (thus when I described my league I called it a keeper/dynasty), I’d say it’s more dynasty than it is anything else. By allowing this in a league (or some version of it, anyway), I think you’re getting closer to a true NFL GM style league (See realitysportsonline.com) than anything else. OH and for the league commish that’s only seen 4 teams turnover in 25 years – that’s an incredible group of people you got there. Most of us are not that fortunate.

Steve Moyer
Reply to  BucLife

A true NFL GM style league? Since when do teams ever disperse their entire team and redraft?

True NFL style is when a terrible team hires a new GM who rebuilds starting with what they’ve got via drafts, trades and free agents.

There are no DO OVERS in the NFL. Accordingly, that is the greatness that is Dynasty League Football.

“You really know your current stuff… Continue the good perform!”

The contain is so much Enrich. It has possessed clear view about dynasty league. It is a team that dominates their leagues or team for multiple seasons or years.

Curious Ryan, what website offer two separate conferences with two separate player pools.

I have been commish in a league for the last 17 years. We started as an 8 team league on CBS and then added another 16 teams on Fanstar 7 years ago.

We have never had problems with owners, even though our fees are somewhat high we only turn over a team every few years.

Not sure how I feel about this second chance process? Will watch with some interest.

Brian

Ryan McDowell
Reply to  Brian Allio

Brian,
MyFantasyLeague (MFL) offers this option. I have used many of the fantasy platforms and have found that MFL is by far the most user friendly and customizable. I would recommend it to any fantasy football league.

William Gruz

LMAO @ “2% dynasty league” (like the milk ~ modified dynasty/keeper). Hilarious anaology! I love leagues with “weird” rules. Far too long that FFB has been stagnant in it’s development of different rules.

I run what I call a “DYPER” league which is what I feel is a mix between DYnasty and keePER. I couldn’t bring myself to call it a dynasty league because, we have a limited amount of keepers. But I also couldn’t just call it a keeper league because, we retain about half of our over-sized rosters.

Thanks to my father who told me on the topic of this
webpage, this blog is genuinely remarkable.

louboutin pas cher soldes

Asking questions are really good thing if you are not understanding something completely,
but this piece of writing offers pleasant understanding yet.

Ezekiel Taylor
1 year ago

I don’t understand what the objection of the strong teams would be?

I like to win – but as a commissioner and landlord, I love owner retention. This requires owners to feel like they are only one or 2 drafts away from being a contender. I think this enables that

If my team is strong – why am I worried about a bunch of bad teams throwing their players back into the player pool and re-drafting their teams? Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but I just don’t see the downside