Dynasty

Five COVID-19 Discussion Topics for All Fantasy Leagues

We look at five things to consider ahead of the NFL and fantasy football restart.

Roger Goodell

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Five COVID-19 Discussion Topics for All Fantasy Leagues
6gummybearsandsomescotch
9 months ago

Thanks! Very informative. As far as the 2021 rookie draft, what do you think of taking the odds based results to determine picks? I won the league last season but decided to rebuild so I definitely would not be getting the 1.12 again. From what I’ve seen, this is how analysts do mock drafts. I do like the auction option (I have 6 picks in the first two rounds) but our league is very old fashioned and set in its ways. Thanks again!

6gummybearsandsomescotch
Reply to  Jacob Feldman
9 months ago

MFL gives week by week odds of who will win each match up. While certainly not completely accurate, it would at least be evidentiary in nature, but I totally agree with your assessment too. Maybe we can factor in historical winning percentage against the given opponent too. Heck, I was trying to rebuild last year and ended up winning the whole thing so I completely understand your reasoning and there is plenty of evidence to back it up as well. I’m also totally biased since I now have the worst team on paper and want a top 2021 pick! Thanks for the response and I will copy this article to bring to the commissioner if we have to go that route. Take care!

dnards
9 months ago

This is awesome, thanks! How would you deal with startup leagues if there’s no season at all? We just did a startup draft and guys have been really active in the trade department, but we’re not sure how to deal with the draft next year if there’s no season this year (or not enough of a season to position guys for the rookie draft fairly).

Tim Martini
Reply to  dnards
9 months ago

Snarfs, If there is no season, you can have the 2021 draft order be the inverse of the startup.

Tim Martini
Reply to  Tim Martini
9 months ago

Keep it a snake tho

dnards
Reply to  Tim Martini
9 months ago

I like this answer a lot, because I was 12 of 12 last year haha.

Stephen Paratore
9 months ago

Very good article and much needed discussion for all leagues. I would be conscious if there are waiver cut off times for each league. Should there be players made inactive past your league cutoff time or just before a game owners should be allowed to make roster moves later than normal to cover that inactive player. Some leagues lock rosters 1pm Sunday through Monday night but this year could be different due to COVID.

Carl Hall
9 months ago

I can just imagine the various reactions of my owners if I were to announce we’re doing away with picks & having an auction draft in 2021.

Reigning 2019 Champ (who traded away all his 2021 picks): “YEAH! LET’S DO THIS!!”

Rebuilding Owner (who owns three 1sts, two 2nds & two 3rds): “F*** you, I quit!”

Hard pass. We’ll just stick with the 2020 draft order.

Thomas Kollross
Reply to  Carl Hall
9 months ago

In that scenario, the rebuilding owner would be rich with auction cash to bid with and the champ would have almost nothing.