Dynasty

Final 2021 Pre-Draft Rookie Mock: Round One

We brought 12 DLF writers together for one final pre-NFL Draft rookie mock. Here is round one.

Ja'Marr Chase

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Final 2021 Pre-Draft Rookie Mock: Round One
4.4 8 votes
Dennis Salisbury
1 year ago

So in 1.5 PPR TE league…Kyle Pitts could go as early as 1.3…you think?

6gummybearsandsomescotch
1 year ago

Really seems like this draft will be shaped by player x truthers after the first three picks in 1QB leagues. I’ve toyed with trading up from 1.08 to secure Pitts but in my home league, I may just wait and see. If Moore or Waddle are my “consolation prizes,” I’m completely OK with that. Thanks for including the analysis too!

Kraig Wirkus
1 year ago

“That puts him at the bottom end of the norm for NFL quarterbacks, but he still fits right in.” It should say running backs instead of quarterbacks in the Etienne pick I believe.

Henry Dematteis
1 year ago

We have the first WR in thirty years to win the HT and the “unicorn” TE prospect of the century, yet some of DLF’s finest chose Rashod Bateman and Rondale Moore before them? Is it just me, or do people make things too complicated??

Alexander Scott
Reply to  Henry Dematteis
1 year ago

Wayyyy to complicated. Smith is closer to Chase than he is frickin Rondale Moore. The disrespect is mind blowing. Pitts and Devonta are top 5 in every draft I’ll be participating in this summer.

James Walker
1 year ago

Can someone explain to me the 1.06 pick it makes no sense. The last sentence in pick says:

As it stands though, the limited catch radius combined with the size concerns has him as my fifth receiver in this draft class.

But this guy picks him as the WR3. Why would you pick your WR5 3rd??

Stephen Paratore
Reply to  James Walker
1 year ago

Each pick the drafter makes their comments then the writer of the article makes his comments which differs.

Adam Mohammed
1 year ago

Love these scenario articles but out of curiosity. In a SF draft with Mahomes/Burrow already on your roster and picking at 1.3 and 1.4 would you still pick up Lawrence or Fields if they fall or go after the other positions. The 2 picks in front of me are just about guaranteed to be Chase and Najee.

James Contreras
1 year ago

I’m in a 10 team dynasty 1-pt PPR. I have pick 1.5 and will be going with either Smith or Pitts. I’m assuming that Harris, ETN, Williams and Chase are gone. If one of those 4 are available then I’ll choose from that group, I do need another RB.
For me despite Smith being listed at 166# pounds his skill set (route running and hands) are too good to ignore. I would think he will add 10-12 pounds to his frame just because getting him closer to 180 pounds. As long as his OC can take advantage of his abilities and potential he can be a stud.

As for Pitts there is nothing more to be said. I just hope that his OC plays him both as a WR and TE to take full advantage of his potential.