Dynasty

Dynasty Fantasy Football Rookie Rankings: Updated Tiers

We look at the how the top ten tiers are forming in rookie drafts.

We look at the how the top ten tiers are forming in rookie drafts.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Dynasty Fantasy Football Rookie Rankings: Updated Tiers
Lamont Wright
11 months ago

Why is so much of the stuff done in 1 QB? I rarely see a 1 QB startup for the last few years. Superflex is the new norm.

Timothy Jones
Reply to  Lamont Wright
11 months ago

I believe that the reason is because their biggest base has been playing 1qb and have established leagues for this scoring setting. Feed those base leagues.

I do think they will end up doing something very similar for SF leagues soon enough. Patience.

John Seger
Reply to  Lamont Wright
11 months ago

My main leagues are 1 QB, no ppr. So I’m posting just so the DFL peeps know that SF is NOT the only way or the new norm. I’m tired of going to the forum to see wehat’s going on with others’ teams only to find that it’s related to a SF team/league, which means nothing to me when I’m trying to use those posts to figure out things with my leagues.

Can we split the forum into SF and non-SF? I can somewhat deal with all the ppl love but SF totally changes league thinking. For me in no SF leagues, it does me pretty-much no good to even read threads of that nature.

Wendell Bera
Reply to  Lamont Wright
11 months ago

I’m in both 1 QB ppr. and SF leagues, but I have no difficulty making mental adjustments when I see listings in either format. Doesn’t really affect the listings except for the QB’s. Top QB’s are always going to be a priority in SF and move to the top of the list. Thus, based on these tiers, Joe/Tua move up to tier 1 along with Taylor and CEH. What order is a matter of opinion. Every writer is going to have their own and it will likely change. I personally have them Burrows, Taylor, CEH then Tua. I have Tua lower for 2 reasons. 1st is his injury history. Will he last long enough to be worth the risk? 2nd I’ve read scouting reports that say while he might be considered one of the best college QB’s when everything is hunky dory, he’s only average to below average when having to play off script. Others might have Tua at the top. Herbert IMO would move up to the tier 4-5 area. Conversely, if I see a SF listing I automatically drop all the QB’s by at least 1 round to adjust for 1 QB leagues. Unless they are a generational talent or if I think they are an upgrade to what I already have I probably wouldn’t consider one until the mid 2nd rnd.

STANLEY AGBULOS

Hi Ken,
I believe most of what you have ranked is spot on. What I would really like to see is a ranking of the really deep sleepers, the undrafted free agent signings. Players such a Scottie Phillips, Thaddeus Moss, Xavier Jones and Rico Dowdle. Hope you get around to writing an article on such players. The drafted players are easier to rank, but the dynasty owner who can find a diamond in the rough who contributes on a winning dynasty team is the key to having a championship team in my mind. And while I have my own take as to which UDFA’s are worth the gamble, I would really like to hear your opinion. Thanks, Stan

Johnny D
Reply to  STANLEY AGBULOS
11 months ago

Nice, love this type stuff. I’ve done 4 rookie drafts so far. And Jefferson has went ahead of Reagor in every single one.

John Seger
Reply to  Ken Kelly
11 months ago

I would take Jefferson over Reagor too… for the record.

adamzaff
Reply to  John Seger
11 months ago

I have seen almost unanimously besides the one off’s of Reagor after Lamb/Jeudy and before Jefferson.

sean ouellette
Reply to  Johnny D
11 months ago

Jefferson went before him in 3 out of my 5 drafts and I took him over Reagor myself in one and actually got Reagor at 1.10 in another.

Chris Hansen
Reply to  sean ouellette
11 months ago

Correct. Jefferson normally going before Raegor and Vaughn is almost always in top 12 picks.

sausenbaugh
11 months ago

I’m still struggling to see Dobbins higher than Swift. I don’t see Detroit signing Kerryon to a big contract after this year – so that makes both in situations (due to age and FA) where the guy “ahead” of them should be gone after this year. That makes that a wash. Yes, Baltimore runs the ball. A LOT of that is Lamar Jackson though – so he’ll thief quite a bit of yardage and TD’s. Yes, Detroit has been a RB Graveyard. But somebody has to run the ball and they have a decent offense if somebody with both talent and opportunity (and health) can be the guy for a year. That brings me to pure talent as the deciding factor. I watch both their tapes and Swift just seems better all around. Quicker, tougher, catches better, more fluid. I like Dobbin’s vision, but we all know that NFL blocking lanes are different. You’ll have to rely on the other stuff like speed and hitting/toughness more than in college. He seems to get caught very easily by much slower college players than he’ll be dealing with in the NFL. If you can’t outrun them in college, NFL is going to be tough. Don’t get me wrong – he’s talented – but Swift just seems more complete and with more talent. Call me out if I’m way off base there…

Richard Craven
11 months ago

It’s not the same situation at all. For one Kerryon has 2 more years on his rookie deal. For two, 30 year old Mark Ingram had over a 1000 yards and 10 tds in only 200 touches in the Ravens offense. When Dobbins takes over what is he going to do? Swift may arguably be more talented than Dobbins but other than the Chiefs the Ravens are the best landing spot a RB could have gone. The Ravens offense, the organization, and the o line are all superior to the Lions.

P.S. as far as running lanes go. Because of Lamar Dobbins running lanes will be twice as big as Swifts running lanes.

Kemp Moyer
11 months ago

Please do this for Superflex!

Todd Walters
Reply to  Kemp Moyer

JK all day

Wendell Bera
11 months ago

From all the drafts I’ve seen and participated in so far, the majority of them have Reagor, Ruggs and Jefferson all going within the same few picks of each other and some order of those three, so personally I would have them all in tier 4 together. Otherwise I pretty much think like the way your tiers are grouped. Might move a player or two up or down a tier but that’s IMO.

adamzaff
11 months ago

Question, is this able to be updated in the Dynasty Rankings section top 50rookies to download as CSV

neil chester