Lineup Advice: Week 10 – Vegas Hangover Edition
Bye: Chiefs, Rams, Dolphins, Eagles
It’s another brutal bye week with names like Kupp, Nacua, Hill, Waddle, Hurts, Swift, AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, Mahomes and Valdes-Scantling all on bye.
Just wanted to make sure you were still awake there.
I just flew in from Vegas not more than an hour ago. I still smell like Vegas, as anyone who has been there will understand. Even my wife, after picking me up, did a dramatic sniff and I finished her thought for her. Despite my best attempt to not smell like Vegas by keeping my traveling clothes separate, minimizing casino time on departure day (hey, I have to eat breakfast), etc., I obviously failed the sniff test. Vegas gets into your pores and only a long Epsom salt bath will get it out quickly in my experience. I’m fresh from my bath but the specter of Vegas remains. I’m doing my best here but I’m going to quickly get to the lineup advice.
You win some, you lose some. Overall, it was a good week surprisingly. My teams that are ‘lost,’ lost as they should have. My other teams mostly emerged with victories but I’m too tired to count it up and report it here. You don’t care anyway. It was a decent week.
I’ll follow up next week with the results as week ten will be in the books. That leaves a scant four weeks of pre-playoff games to get right – or trade away those players in an attempt to build through next year’s draft.
Let’s get to the advice!
Lineup Advice Rules & Format
DLF continues to see growth in our membership and each year I continue to wonder how I’m going to keep up with all of your questions while also holding to a level of service and quality you’ve all come to expect from me. I’ve been VERY happy with my level of accuracy but, for that to occur, I need your help. Each question can take up to 10 minutes for me to research as I research up to a dozen different variables and trends. I do everything I can to get my answers correct. For that reason, I need you to read the following rules and guidelines to help me maintain efficiency:
- Please don’t ask me to set your entire lineup
- Put “TNF” as the top line for any question involving Thursday Night Football games
- Please also make sure to tell me who YOU would be starting if not for my advice. It helps me to understand your gut feeling(s).
- Include your scoring format (PPR, Non-PPR, etc.)
- Keep your questions as brief as possible – Story questions add a lot of time
- I prioritize questions involving the earliest (Thursday, etc.) games first. If I skip over your question, don’t worry, I’ll be back to it.
- It’s easy to miss responses to my responses in thread. When in doubt, always post a separate new question
Lastly, I work very hard to get my advice correct and I do not mail it in. When I’m wrong, I feel every incorrect answer so, go easy on me! That said, the DLF community has been absolutely fantastic to work with which is why I’m still doing this after so many years.
Have a great week! Have an even better season!