Dynasty

2023 Free Agents: Expiring Contracts and Future Dynasty Value Movement – the Players

We take a deeper dive into players who will hit the FA market in 2023.

DJ Moore

We take a deeper dive into players who will hit the FA market in 2023.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

4.8 8 votes
Kemp Moyer(@kemp34)
12 days ago

Speak for yourself on not caring if Javonte Williams is much slower than Jonathan Taylor. It has a HUGE impact on their weekly and long term ceiling. A 10-20 yard run is a big difference from a 40+ and that speed difference is what makes for the outcome difference.

Larry Gunn(@gunncab4533)
Reply to  Kemp Moyer
12 days ago

If I’m in a redraft Taylor is my first overall pick next year…
but Javonte Williams has all the traits of long term production in the NFL. Great vision, good quickness in tight spaces, and elite tackle breaking abilities. He’s good in the passing game as well. I like Williams a lot.
Guys like Taylor tend to flash big and burn out quick. Not saying he will…maybe he’s AP.
Taylor also has that great o line…Keeping that together and Taylor’s current health is what puts him above Williams, for now for me. Not speed

Larry Gunn(@gunncab4533)
Reply to  Larry Gunn
12 days ago

Appreciate the article!

Kemp Moyer(@kemp34)
Reply to  Larry Gunn
12 days ago

Long speed is what separates guys like Taylor and Henry from the pack. You can be a good back running 4.6, but your ceiling is lower. You also speak about longevity but Williams’ high contact style is one that is likely to burn out faster. Williams is way overhyped in the dynasty rankings.

Kemp Moyer(@kemp34)
Reply to  Larry Gunn
12 days ago

Also I would actually say Williams does not have good vision.

Larry Gunn(@gunncab4533)
Reply to  Kemp Moyer
11 days ago

Just watched a play that he demonstrated elite vision against KC lol
I don’t have Taylor in any dynasty leagues. I have never been in a position to draft him, but if I did and it could get Javonte and some additional great assets for him right now, and I could, I would jump on it

Last edited 11 days ago by Larry Gunn
Andy Cook(@alc662)
Reply to  Larry Gunn
11 days ago

When speed is your only quality trait then I understand faster burnout, but Taylor is all around good, not your CJ Spiller type. Javonte seems good, too. Both are quality backs.

Andy Cook(@alc662)
11 days ago

Where’s the article on 2022 free agents? I need that one before worrying about 23…

David Lynch(@lumens66)
7 days ago

I have Kareem Hunt along with Nick Chubb, and it’s been both a blessing and a curse since it caps Hunt’s value but is a flex option because he’s THAT good in a run heavy scheme. The emergence of D’Ernest Johnson was bad on the one hand, but great if it convinces the Browns to walk away from Hunt. But by the time he’s a UFA in 2023, he’ll be 28 – so I don’t understand why his value would really be increasing??? If anything I would think it would keep is value treading water or slow the descent of his value. Not necessarily IMPROVE it a year from now.