Week Two Lineup Advice

Football is finally here and the weekly DLF advice column is open for business!

As promised, part of your Premium Subscription comes with access to this column each and every week. If you’d like a second opinion on your lineup for the week, simply comment down below on this post with your question. We’ll answer every single lineup question that’s submitted in a timely fashion as an exclusive service for our Premium Content members. We had over 400 responses for week one and that’s just the start of things to come!

Just remember to keep things short, but also let us know if your league is PPR, non-PPR or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect our advice.

Let’s get to it!

Jeff Haverlack
Latest posts by Jeff Haverlack (see all)
Zach Levitt

Is it time to pick up Daryl Richardson off the waiver wire? What type of Dynasty value does he have? STL gave him carries over Pead.

Admin
Reply to  Zach Levitt

I would. It’s safe to say that after the preseason and one regular season game that the Rams think more highly of him than Pead. Now, that’s quite possibly going to change, but if Jackson gets hurt, Richardson has earned no worse than a time share with Pead. In a deep league, you could do a lot worse.

Zach Levitt
Reply to  Ken Kelly

Would you drop Dion Lewis, Javon Ringer, or Alex Green for Richardson?

BAM Nation

What to do about Michael Turner? Is it too early to give up on him? Rodgers and Snelling are gone…. heck I might as well go get Richardson above – eh?

Ryan Trimble

This is very early, so much could change. But first glance who should I start in week 2: Brandon Lloyd, Steve Smith or Piere Garcon. Steve Smith looks like the obvious choice for me against that NYG defense that Romo just torched.

Current set starters are Arian Foster, Brandon Marshall and MJD. Would you start any of those three(above) over MJD? Or is he 100% back for you guys.

12 team 1 PPR league, big play bonuses.

BAM Nation
Reply to  Ryan Trimble

I read Garcon is hurt, but should still play in wk2.

MJD is up against a tough Taxans defense so Smith may be the best choice at this point agains a weak NYG secondary.

Ashley Moser

Will wallace and/or richardson be decent plays? (assuming matthews is cleared for contact)

Ashley Moser
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

I meant Matthews not richardson my bad. thoughts on his comeback if cleared for contact?

danoneill

I have to choose between Vick Ballard who is currently on my roster or I can take Daryl Richardson or Aldrick Robinson off the waiver. What are you thoughts?

My other question is Dwayne Allen. It looks like Fleener solidified himself. I can drop Allen for the above mentioned players. Cecil Shorts is also an interesting look. Should I stick with Allen?

danoneill
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks Jeff. I made this post before I saw Hawkins play last night. I also should mention I own Isiah Pead so I am worried about Richardson jumping in front of him and having the odd man out. I am really thinking about dropping Allen for Hawkins because after last night he looked like he locked up the number 2 WR spot in Cicny. I will hold on to Ballard over Richardson for the time being.

George Najm

Hankerson Brazill hold em?

Or chase things like Martellus Bennett or Robinson?

Alan Bauerle

12 team ppr dynasty:
Schaub or Locker
Bradshaw, Martin or Stewart pick 2
Wallace, Brown, DHB, Cobb, Kendall Wright, pick 3
Thanks all input appreciated. Great job to all DLF staff n writers

Brian Chmiel

I have a pretty strong starting line-up:
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 Flex
QB: Stafford
RB: Ray Rice, Foster, CJ.4K
WR: Fitzgerald, Welker
TE: Hernandez

Fitz/ Welker/CJ.4K just killed me this week, as backups I have Antonio Brown, Randal Cobb and Miles Austin. Are any of these three an individual I should think about starting (Welker really worries me) or should I just stick to my guns and see what happens.

Thanks a ton guys…

packer11491
Reply to  Brian Chmiel

I love your team

Curt Webb

I’m in a touchdown scoring only league. I can start two running backs next week. Ridley, Marshawn Lynch, or Alfred Morris. I’ve got Ridley penciled in and I’m leaning towards Morris against the Rams while Seattle finds their way with Wilson. Is this correct or would you start Beastmode over Morris regardless?
Thanks.

Britt
Brazil
Jennings
Moore
S. Holmes
Broyles

Anyone you think I should be looking to get rid of?

cafare52

I have Fitz, Julio, Cruz, and Kenny Britt at WR

My RB’s are Turbin, Royster, J. Best, Shonn Greene, and Ballard.

I’m %$#@ at RB unless I make a trade. Who should I target and who might be worth any of the WR’s mentioned above?

Chad Benner
Reply to  cafare52

Alfred Morris can be gotten on the cheap and with a line-up like yours you need to take a shot at a potential RB1. I wouldn’t trade any of those WR for him though. Do you have anyone else worth trading? You should get more than Morris for those WRs. Maybe Reggie Bush? Sproles?

screamingevils

Ppr league. Which two of these four should I start?

Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Brandon Lloyd
Alshon Jefferey

Thanks

Tony Hall

I’m thinking Randall Colb will slide into the 2nd receiver role while Jennings is dealing with his groin. Do you think that would be James Jones instead?

Andrew Stein

Eli Manning vs Matt Stafford this week.

Usually stafford is the easy answer, but he’s playing SF (who rodgers did well against, but it’s still san francisco . . .)

0.5 PPR

I definitely need one of the following running backs. I’ll need 2 for the flex spot if garcon can’t go . . .
Donald Brown
Willis Mcgahee
Shonn Greene

A.J. Caulineau

In a redraft PPR league… dump Packers D for Dallas, Buffalo, AZ, Tampa Bay, Cleveland? Or hold?

Anthonyc24

Stick with stafford at sf…or roll will cassel at buf or big Ben home to jets…6pts passing tds.

Cody Willard

Redraft League- QB help

Vick vs Bal

Or one of the Wavier Guys – Luck, Flacco, Locker

sean mcguigan

D brown or Hillis?

Ray Voeller

Thinking of rolling with Alfred Morris and BJGE this week and putting T. Richardson on the bench until he shakes off the rust. T. Rich looked indecisive on most of his carries. Seemed like his football vision is quite there yet. Agree or Disagree sitting T. Rich in favor of BJGE ?

Zach Levitt

1. Pick 2 non-PPR: Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Ahmad Bradshaw

2. Palmer or Luck

Ryan Macnamara

PPR
1. Pick two – Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin or CJ Spiller?
2. Pick one – MJD or Jeremy Maclin?

Thanks!

bjengel

I need help at one of my WR spots, I’m running with:

QB: Stafford
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant

Need help at my other WR spot:

Need to pick from: Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Kenny Britt or Randall Cobb

(standard scoring, not a PPR)

Mike Forte

Hi guys,

Standard non PPR scoring.

At RB – Steven Jackson vs Wsh, Kevin Smith vs SF, Willis McGahee vs Atl, and Richardson vs Bengals – I need 2 of these for this week.

At WR Boldin vs Philly, McCluster vs Bills or Crabtree vs Detroit? – I need 1 for this week

And…. TE Jared Cook vs SD or TE Fred Davis vs Stl…. which one?

Thanks.

Matt Wertz

Must start 2 QB’s

Joe Flacco, Mike Vick or Cam Newton.

I am startig Newton every week that he is healthy, can’t decide on Flacco or Vick.

2nd Question

PPR

Flex spot: Torrey Smith, Kenny Britt or Green-Ellis.

Thanks for any comments.

trey sands

hold turbin or pick up daryl richardson?

Thane Obijeski

Hi Jeff

The site has turned out better than I thought it could.

Tough call this week with my matchups – so I need another opinion.

1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex. 1/2 pt per rec.

Bradshaw, S Jax, Ridley
Andre Johnson, Calvin, Brandon Marshall, Hakeem Nicks

Thanks,

The Vich

dojishatan

Kenny Britt or S. Holmes?

PPR with bonuses for big plays

Also Schaub or Flacco?

Gresham v Cle

Need a WR and Flex from this group
Crabtree v Det
Blackmon v Hou
Cobb v Chi
Lance Moore @ Car
or the other TE from above

As always, thank guys.

Paul Brunette

wondering if I should start BJGE against Cleveland this week over Marshawn Lynch against Dallas. Law Firm did take care of business against the Ravens.

PJ Markey

Reggie Bush, Jonathan Dwyer, or DeAngelo Williams

f00sb4llpete

Which 2 WR? Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Ogletree, Pierre Garcon, Greg Jennings.

GOSKN5

Need to pick 3 from these RBs….

SJax, Martin, Murray, Lynch, Greene…

Leaning toward Murray, Martin, Sjax…. but not sure about leaving Lynch on the bench….

Jamie Battaglia

PPR League, should I go with Charles or Spiller as my RB2 this week?

Allen Churchman

PPR League – Start 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 RB/WR/TE Flex – 5 total – Who would you lean towards?

AJG, Cobb, DHB, TBMW, Ogletree, James Jones, Royal, Celek (TE) and Daniels (TE). Basically, it’s one of Celek or Daniels and then 4 of the 7 WR’s listed. Thanks!

dco002

PPR, two WRs from Britt, Blackmon, DHB, or Bess

trey sands

I have a choice between Maclin (hip flexor)vs browns, DOnald brown vs vikes, or rod streator vs dolphins for my flex play this week.

non-ppr

thoughts?

Robert Hoffman

Alfred Morris, Johnathan Dwyer, or McGahee this week (PPR)????

Jon Lambrecht

Hey guys. Need to pick at least 2 out of this group. Chris Johnson, BJGE, Ingram, Dwyer, DeAngelo W.

Cutler or M.Ryan this week….? I’m leaning Ryan but Cutler is interesting.

Is B. Lafell worth a start vs a suspect N.O. defense as a #3 wr or flex?

Jon Lambrecht
Reply to  Jon Lambrecht

league is ppr and standard scoring.

Joseph Estrada

In my main league, PPR, we start 1QB, 3RB/WR, 1WR/TE, 1TE, + IDPs. Cam and DmC are my automatics this week but I need to fill out the other spots.

for TE I have to pick between Fred Davis and Kyle Rudolph

for the 2RB/WR + WR/TE spots I need to pick 3 from the following:

CJ2k
Doug Martin
TRich
Wallace
A Brown
Bowe

Thanks in advance for the help!

JBlake

Eli or RG3 in a 4pt/TD league?

Need to start 3 of these RBs in a non-PPR: (is my order correct?)
Ridley
DMartin
JCharles
DBrown
SGreene
Ingram
BenTate

And who’s the better redraft pickup for the rest of the year, James Jones or Randall Cobb? Or neither because Jennings is coming back eventually?

packer11491

Jay Cutler against Packers D or Ben Roethlisberger against Jets D?

Also for my Wr I have Roddy White, Miles Austin, Marques Colston, Kenny Britt, and Randall Cobb.. Pick 2. (I am concerned about Roddy White getting more and more taken away from him by Julio Jones.

Adam Johnson

I need to start 2 WR and 1 RB/WR but I cant decide from a list of: Hakeem Nicks, Marques Colston, Damarious Thomas, Randall Cobb, Ryan Matthews and Doug Martin.

PPR League, all TDs = 6pts

Britt
Decker
D Moore
T Young

Joseph Estrada
Reply to  Joseph Estrada

Forgot to add I’m also still debating on which QB… Ben or Palmer? Thanks in advance!

thundercrab

Assuming Jennings is out, I need a flex player PPR

Crabtree, Cobb, Fleener, Kevin Smith?

Can you pick 1 please?

thanks so much!

thundercrab
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Sorry and thank you… I just added ogeltree (spelling)

Still Crabtree over o-tree?

Thanks again, u guys rock!!!

thundercrab
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thx Jeff

Jeff Cobb

Kyle Rudolph or Tony Gonzalez in a PPR league? Thanks!

D R

Non-PPR

Gonzo or Fleener

also

Are any of James Jones, Crabtree, Britt, or Jeffrey worth a start over Vincent Jackson this week?

Thanks!

Vince B

Hey there Jeff,

PPR league question for your review: I am looking at my options for a potential “bye-week” WR with some upside. Wallace has a Week 4 Bye. And AJ Green is my second WR. At this moment my “backup / bye-week” WR’s that are on my bench consist of G.Little and K.Wright. However the following are some decent WR’s currently available: B.LaFell, D.Jones, R.Streater, A.Jeffery, and A.Hawkins to mention a few. Any recommendations? Or hold what I have??

I also have S.Vereen as a very deep RB backup. CJ.Spiller is my main RB backup and I.Redman is behind him. Forte and Martin are my starters. Should I hold S.Vereen or consider the likes of R.Turbin, V.Ballard or even C.Brinkley? Or maybe pickup two WR’s instead and stick with my current RB backup duo?

Vince B
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Many txs for the advice Jeff. I shall hit them hard this week again. Maybe another win.

Talk soon!

Charles Van Valkenburgh

Non PPR – need one- LaFell, Lance Moore, or Mike Williams

0.5 PPR- need three- Amendola, Britt, Stephen Hill, Torrey Smith, T. Young

0.5 PPR- need one- M. Lynch or R. Bush

0.5 PPR- need two- M. Floyd, Meachem, LaFell, A. Jeffery

Thanks! You guys do a great job!

bigdog17

PPR

Who do I start at WR (start 3)

Wallace, Welker, Britt, Austin, Decker?