Dynasty

NFL Trade Deadline: Dynasty Special

Which players could be on the move at the NFL’s trade deadline? And how does that affect dynasty leagues?

Deshaun Watson

Which players could be on the move at the NFL's trade deadline? And how does that affect dynasty leagues?

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

NFL Trade Deadline: Dynasty Special
Flasha323
1 year ago

10 team .5 PPR 2 QB league. Sitting in first at 6-1 and most points scored. Can start 2-4 RBs and 2-4 WRs. So every week I’m having to sit one of J Rob, Deebo, DJ. So I’m wanting to get my starting six locked in for the playoffs. So looking to trade off one of my WR to help sure up my QB2 spot.
QBs: Murray, Tua, Darnold, Lance
RBs:Kamara, Swift, J Rob, Akers, Etienne, Moss
WRs:J Jefferson, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, Juju, Rondale Moore
2 possible trade scenarios. Which one do you think is better for this year and the future?
Option 1: I trade Tua or Darnold (most likely Tua) along with Deebo for Stafford to get the Rams stack
Option 2: I trade Tua or Darnold (most likely Tua) along with Kupp for Joe Burrow
Both trades are with the same person, so I’d get the Rams stack in 1 and he’d get the stack in the Burrow scenario

Michael Cleator
Reply to  Flasha323
1 year ago

I wouldn’t do either trade just to get a good backup QB, especially with the WRs you need to give up. Tua has a decent schedule, as does Lance, who may take over in SF so you have viable QB options. Keep the WR depth as you never know when an injury can pop up. Maybe try to deal a pick for a Wentz or Tannehill to improve your QB depth.

Flasha323
Reply to  Michael Cleator
1 year ago

My league is 2QB/Superflex, we start 2 QBs. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that before. So I would be trading to sure up my 2nd starting QB spot. Does that change your answer any? Just thought I may have not been clear since you referred to them as a backup QBs.

Thanks for your help and thoughts on this!

Last edited 1 year ago by Flasha323
Michael Cleator
Reply to  Flasha323
1 year ago

That changes things a lot! Now the choice is which QB and which WR have the most long term value for you. It’s a good position to be in though. Good luck!

Michael Cleator
Reply to  Flasha323
1 year ago

I didn’t pay attention to the mention of a two QB league, my bad.

Flasha323
Reply to  Michael Cleator
1 year ago

No worries, appreciate your thoughts. I think Stafford/Kupp give me the best chance to win this year, but Burrow has obviously more long term value at QB than Stafford and Deebo is a few years younger than Kupp as well. The Rams schedule during the playoffs this year is very nice too. Trying to balance long term value and winning this year

Ed Geis
Reply to  Flasha323
1 year ago

You’d get more opinions if you shifted this question over to DLFs Forums. The Dynasty Team Advice forum is where this goes.

Last edited 1 year ago by Ed Geis