DLF Off-Season Lineup Advice

The weekly free advice columns were a big hit here at DLF – free stuff is always popular.

But we here at DLF don’t view the off-season as the end of the fantasy football season.  No!  It is simply the bridge to the next fantasy season.  In fact, we think we do our best work in the off-season.

In the same vein as our free weekly advice for your start/sit conundrums, we bring to you an entire off-season of free lineup help and advice.  Well, mostly free.  Have a question about a roster move, stuck between two rookies or wondering if this is the year you should blow up your team to start over?  This is the place to ask!

We don’t guarantee that we can get back to you within the hour or even the day because we have families and lives too.  But we’re here for you and are committed to being your strategic partner as you build your dynasty and connecting you to the most hardcore fantasy coaches on the planet within our forum.

Why do I say “mostly free”?  Because I’m going to ask that for each question that you submit that you choose a couple of our advertisers to check out via the available links.  They’re an important part to what we do here in that they help drive in at least a bit of income that all goes back into DLF.  New tools, utilities, development or registration fees add up quickly and our free model is only possible as long as we’re able to derive enough ad. revenue to pay for it all.  So please visit our advertisers early and often!

Here’s to a great 2011 to all of you and let’s get started!  Keep your browsers tuned to DLF as we progress here, draft content has already started with more to come.

Thanks!

Jeff Haverlack
Drew

Tough decisions for who to drop, I have the 1.1, 1.8, 2.1 and 2.4 picks and while I’m trying to trade some of the picks, will probably have to drop at least 3 if not 4 guys. I have a tough time deciding who to drop, right now I’m thinking to drop:
Kolb, Bush, Moss, Tate/Hernandez, any thoughts?

10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Kevin Kolb
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart, Jahvid Best, DeAngelo Williams, Tashard Choice, Reggie Bush
WR: Michael Crabtree, Marques Colston, Steve Smith(NYG), Pierre Garçon, Malcom Floyd, Randy Moss, Davone Bess, Jacoby Ford, Danario Alexander, Golden Tate
TE: Jermichael Finley, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez
K: Janikowski
D/ST: Lions

Chad
Reply to  Drew

Kevin Kolb
Reggie Bush
are all dropable if needed.

Drew
Reply to  Chad

Thanks

RobbyRobDu
Reply to  Drew

First off, is this a PPR league or a league that rewards return yardage?

The obvious oicks are Danario Alexander, Malcolm Floyd, Randy Moss right at this second….

But preferrably you trade one of those tight ends, in a package with a reciever and possibly Kevin Kolb for an upgrade or a pick upgrade…because even Floyd may be too good to drop (he looked very athletic and compliments VJax well), and with only one TE starting and RBs being much mroe valuable than WR or TE there is no need for three TE, and your three look to be Elite, see if you can move Hernandez, who may only have WR eligibility after next year 😉

Drew
Reply to  RobbyRobDu

PPR, no return yards, I am trying to make trades, but my league doesn’t make a lot of them, thanks for the advice

Reply to  Drew

Personally, look at expanding your rosters, your league isn’t deep enough if you have to drop that kind of talent. You don’t want teams to be able to build quality depth from the waiver wire.

No chance of packaging picks for a stud by chance to a team in need of rebuilding? That’d be my first goal. I’m a believer in having 3 QBs, 2 starters and a fringe development starter.

I’d drop your last 3 WRs

Joey
Reply to  Drew

i’d trade some of those RB’s for a WR pronto if I were you

Jimi Hendrix

10 team dynasty league
My rb’s are…. C.J., Stewart, Benson, P. Thomas, Torain, Hardesty, T. Jones, Tate, Choice

Besides C.J. and Stewart who do you like as keepers?

RobbyRobDu
Reply to  Jimi Hendrix

In order:
Benson – RUN FIRST OFFENSE
P.Thomas
Choice — The first two are close, both timeshares in good offenses next year….
Hardesty – could be a great change of pace back to Hillis
T. Jones – That last year could be this year, showing digns of aging finally
Tate – Could be bruising compliment to Foster
Torain – Redskins know he’s not the answer at tailback

Reply to  Jimi Hendrix

Choice, Torain, Thomas, Benson, Hardesty, Jones and Tate in that order.

Torain is someone I’d try to move because his injury history is terrible but when he’s healthy he looks great. Do you have a Redskin fan that you can trade him to? 🙂

Riders4Ever

Need 4 keepers from this ppr league:

QB- Ryan, Big Ben
RB- McCoy, McFadden, Moreno,Mathews,Jennings
WR- Austin, Britt, Bryant, Crabtree, White
TE- Witten

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and then have 3 WR/RB flex spots.
I’m pretty sure I won’t keep a QB or Witten. Jennings and White are obvious drops. But I’m having a hard time narrowing the remaining 8 players down to my 4 keepers.

Jimi Hendrix
Reply to  Riders4Ever

if that is Blair White I keep McCoy, McFadden, Austin, Britt

Jimi Hendrix
Reply to  Jimi Hendrix

change that Bryant for Austin

Chad
Reply to  Riders4Ever

McCoy, McFadden, Mathews, Austin

Reply to  Riders4Ever

McCoy, DMc, Bryant and Britt for me. I want to select Austin over Bryant but I don’t like the drop off this year and Bryant looks like he’s going to be fine.

Riders4Ever
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

What about going with McCoy, DMc, Austin and Bryant? Britt is ultra-talented, but with Vince Young supposedly gone from TEN and Collins a FA, the Titans’ QB situation is in major flux.

Reply to  Riders4Ever

Britt is also very young with a lot of years ahead of him. I don’t care for having two WRs on the same team. I’d choose between Austin and Bryant. Slight edge to Bryant.

skip
Reply to  Riders4Ever

McCoy, DMC, Austin, Britt

Dez was way too erratic to keep over Austin who will be perfectly fine when Romo is back at the helm.

NE fan from birth

Hey,

12 team Dynasty standard league. Some bubble players on my roster…

1. Do you see Doucet and Stephen Williams being worthy stashes with Arizona’s uncertain QB/offensive future?

2. How about St Luis WR Gibson’s and Amendola’s long-term value?

3. Rate Matt Flynn (GB) vs Brian Hoyer (NE) as QB stashes?

Thanx.

Warren
Reply to  NE fan from birth

Short term, Matt Flynn over Brian Hoyer due to the fact that he very well could be traded to a team with an opportunity to start. Long term is tough to call. If the Pats see Hoyer as the heir apparent to Brady, I’d have to go with Hoyer. If I had to choose between either one, I’d go with Flynn.

Reply to  NE fan from birth

I still like Doucet and he gets one more year on my roster, but I need to see something next year.

On question #2. Gibson’s a long shot and only good if you have very deep rosters. Amendola is poor man’s Welker but he has given some quality starts. I’d roster him.

Flynn is one of those QBs that is near the top in the pool of non starting QBs. That pool is pretty weak right now and Flynn has helped himself. Hoyer has a chance but Brady still has too many years ahead of him. You can roster him in a very deep league.

Greg

I play in a 12 team, standard scoring dynasty league that starts 2 QBs. I could in theory keep everyone but was wondering who you might cut, or trade for an upgrade elsewhere? Thanks!

Quarterback

Finley, Jermichael TE GB
Moeaki, Tony TE KC

Kicker
Hartley, Garrett K NO
Nugent, Mike K CIN

Reply to  Greg

I have never been a fan of Henne, I think he’s about done myself.

Burleson is not someone you want to have starting unless you absolutely have to, keep an eye open for an upgrade. He has some sneaky games though. You’re RBs are a bit thin but you have some upside with Brown, Best and Starks. Tate is going to be hard pressed to see the field at any point in the next few years. You have to hope he’s MIchael Turner and gets to play for his next contract.

You need one more every-week WR starter. I’d see about packaging one of your young RBs and a WR for a WR2.

Looking at your roster, you need a RB3, WR2 and a QB2. Your WRs are passable if Crabtree develops. I think he’s going to under-perform though.

Greg
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Thoughts on how things are looking for Kolb? Think he’s likely to get traded to a team where he’ll make at least a decent QB2?

What are your thoughts on the ‘Starks as a poor man’s Adrian Peterson’ comments from “someone in GB”?

Nick

This league is a 12 team, ppr. Start QB, 1RB, 2WR, 2flex, TE. We can keep up to 13 guys, but each player we keep is a draft pick. I won last year and this year. Take a look and let me know what you think and if I am correct in who I am keeping (*=keeper). I don’t like keeping two TE, however it worked to my advantage this year.

Oompa Loompas
Jones, Dhani CIN LB
Lenon, Paris ARI LB
Elam, Abram CLE S

Injured Reserve
*Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

Reply to  Nick

Do you have to declare BEFORE the draft? BGE is the only questionable keeper and NE could very easily draft a RB … in fact I’m sure they will. BGE won’t get many starts for you in that format and with PPR, Steve Johnson could be kept … but if you like BGE, that’s fine. I’d probably keep Johnson over him.

Nick
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

I would like to keep Stevie, but I like BGE a lot if they don’t draft another RB. I don’t like the patriots system if they draft a good RB. They have been giving BGE the ball even with the return of Taylor.

I do not have to pick my keepers until July so I can definitely wait. I really need to trade some RBs…hard to let go of guys though.

Next year I will look to upgrade at QB and WR. A guy in our league has Vick and Rodgers–almost traded him Mcfadden for Vick but couldnt pull the trigger. What do you think about that trade? Romo is darn good though. I should probably looks to trade up for Ryan Mathews or yuounger guys. I really wish I would have kept Arian Foster…I kept Forsett over him…whoops…it was an alright move at the time with Ben Tate coming in.

Reply to  Nick

Vick has lit it up for sure but as long as you have a decent QB, not sure about trading away DMc. I understand what you mean about Foster, I wasn’t a huge believer at the end of last year and I traded him away before the season.

Nathan

I am in a 12 team PPR 8 player keeper league. We start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE/WR, K, D.

I own:

Mike Williams (TB)
Austin Collie
Jason Witten

Who would you keep?

I’m thinking:

Ryan, Bradshaw, Blount, Stewart, VJax, Rice, Colston, Williams

Is Holmes worth keeping over Rice or VJax? Is Addai worth keeping over one of the RB or Ryan? What to do?

Reply to  Nathan

Nope, I think you nailed it. Ryan is ranked at about 8 for QBs depending on your system so, you might scan the QBs available just to see if you can get away with maybe keeping Holmes too and getting a QB first thing.

DWonderland

in 12 team PPR league w/ full IDP roster.
– is Hasselbeck droppable?
– will Starks get a shot at Green Bay lead back role?
– is LaFell a keeper?

thanks, you guys are great.

Reply to  DWonderland

Hasselbeck: I wouldn’t drop him unless you have 2 good starters and your 3rd dev. QB, but Hasselbeck is very close to being droppable.

Starks: Yes, I’m high on him. He’ll have a shot to start sooner rather than later. Doesn’t mean that he’ll be a stud, but with most young RBs, your best hope is for them to have a chance to start a few games.

LaFell: Yes, he’s a keeper. I don’t see him as a great prospect, but he has upside and you never know what he could become. Hang onto him.

Should I trade Greg Jennings and Shonne Greene for Andre Johnson and Johnny Knox? Or Would you trade rather recieve AJ & Owen Daniels for Jennings and Clark?

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I’m not high on Daniels myself, too inconsistent and injury prone. Clark is 31 but should have another 3-4 years in him.

It really depends on how deep you are at RB. I’m not a Greene fan, but he’s going to get a chance to be the NYJ version of Mendenhall in PIT. Greene’s hands are terrible though. If you’re deep enough at RB, I’d do that trade myself.

Over Dwayne Bowe

10-team keeper league, standard-scoring.
We keep 3 players, and lose the round we drafted that player in. We can keep a guy for 3 years, but every year, the pick lost moves up a round.

So far, I know I’m going to keep Mendenhall in the 6th round. But I need two more out of the following guys:

Bradshaw (5th round)
Bowe (4th)
Mike Williams Tampa Bay (15th)
Ivory (19th)

DLF Ken K
Reply to  Over Dwayne Bowe

Boy, I’d be tempted to take Mike Williams and Dwayne Bowe from that group. Ivory is a close third, but it’s too early to tell what his role will be next season.

RobbyRobDU

If two, I’d go Bradshaw and Williams, by far the best values. Moeaki’s emergence, with a healthy McCluster and Charles getting more passes equals Bowe slipping a little from amazing 2011

James

12 team Dynasty PPR, standard scoring, starting lineups QB, 2RB, 3WR TE K D or QB, 3RB, 2WR, TE K D

Been offered this:

I give: Roethlisberger and Marshall
I get: A Rogers and pick 1.12

Deep Squads so I’ll just give the main players:

Big Ben, Cutler, T Jackson
Forte, Best, Grant, Starks, BJE
Megatron, Marshall, Smith (NY), Bess, Gaffney, E Sanders, Jones (Hou)
Gresham

I’m tempted by this deal, as although the difference in terms of points per game between Rogers and Big Ben, is not huge (3.7ppg) over a season all things being equal that adds up and as a Dynasty I would have locked up the no.1 QB around. Giving up Marshall hurts my WR depth, but Bess is a PPR machine as is Smith if he returns from injury, and I might pick up a decentish WR with 1.12.

What do you think? Stick with what I’ve got or go for the deal?

DLF Ken K
Reply to  James

I wouldn’t go for that. You’re selling too low on Marshall. I’d try to move Bess and Ben instead of Marshall and Ben.

Should I trade Shonne Greene for Tim Tebow?

My RBs are AP, SJax, JStew, Woodhead, Goodson.
My QBs are Flacco, Freeman, and Big Ben.

DLF Ken K
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

No. Greene still has a bright future and Tebow is still an unknown, regardless of a good finish. There’s too much turmoil in Denver to project his future.

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

No way …. you’re fine at QB.

Sensei John Kreese

Are you guys still as high on Jonathan Stewart as you once were? What do you figure his ADP to be in redraft leagues?

mercy is for the weak..the weak deserve no mercy

DLF Ken K
Reply to  Sensei John Kreese

Boy, that’s a tough one. He ran well over the past month, showing again that he could be a bellcow for a team.

The problem with Stewart is that he’ll now endure a coaching change, a new offense, and still have a developing quarterback who allows defenses to focus on him.

I still love his potential and would take him in the first two rounds of a 12-team initial league.

Reply to  Sensei John Kreese

I’m still as high on him but I would have liked to see more out of him. Ken Kelly here is higher on him than I am but I like how he finished and he should have a chance at good totals next year.

Should I trade Shonne Greene for Johnny Knox and Jordy Nelson?

My Rb’s are: AP, JStew, SJax, Woodhead, Goodson.
My WR’s are: Marshall, Jennings, Floyd, Mark Clayton, Gibson, and D. Thomas.

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I wouldn’t/ Knox and Nelson don’t rate in your WR corp. Chances are they don’t get into your weekly lineup.

i’d love some deep keeper advice: Beanie Wells, Chris Ivory, James Starks. Who do you like next season and beyond?

Reply to  paul

1a) Starks
1b) Ivory
3) Wells

It doesn’t appear to me that the Saints really believe in Ivory and I think he may be largely a situational back. Starks is high risk and high reward but I love his upside in GB.

I haven’t liked Wells from day one and thought he would break the backs of those that own him. So far, that’s been a dead on assessment and I don’t see anything changing it.

Warhawks

PPR IDP 2QB 2WR 2RB 1TE 1QB,WR,RB, 2LB, 2DB, 1DL 1DP

QB: Brady, Rivers, Vick, Fitzpatrick
RB: Charles, Mendenhall, DeAngelo, Michael Bush, Choice, Tolbert
WR: AJ, White, Britt, Colston, T.O., Manningham, Danario
TE: Gonzalez, Cook, Carlson
LB: Mayo, Timmons, Posluszny, Ryans, Hayes
DB: Polamalu, Terrell Thomas, Marshall
DL: Allen
Rookie Picks: 1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 2.10

With my current roster and rookie picks what should I be looking for the most? Thinking of going after Finley using my rookie picks and possibly moving Vick for a younger QB. What do you think?

Reply to  Warhawks

Yep, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Move Vick for a TE+. Use those picks wherever you can to pick up young known talent. 1.03 might be okay this year as it will be the first pick after Ingram and AJ Green … but I’d move it in a second for good productive talent.

Mike

Hey guys, standard no PPR scoring. Can start a lineup of 10, with 1 QB, 1 Team DEF (we toss those back every offseason), 1 Kicker and then any combination of 3RB’s 3 Wr’s, 1 TE, 2 RB’s 3 WR’s 2 TE’s, etc…

QB Romo, Schaub, Flacco

RB Torain, Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, James Davis, Javid Best, and Anthony Dixon

WR Andre Johnson, Chad Ocho, Boldin, Crabtree, Johnny Knox, McCluster, Armstrong, Brandon Gibson, Emmanuel Sanders

TE Zach Miller (Oak), Kevin Boss, Jarred Cook

K Mason Crosby

1st 2011 pick isn’t until 2.4

I know it’s a lot to look at, but I need help getting 2 off these players off my roster.

If releasing my choices seem to be in the J Davis, B Gibson, TE Boss vs Cook area….so I guess which 2 would you want the least of this group.

If trading would you try to move one of my QB’s? And if so, which one-and what could I reasonably expect in return?

You guys do a great job, so if you have any other thoughts on what I should be doing with this roster…let me know..

Clicking on your sponsors right after I hit submit.

Thanks!

DLF JeffH
Reply to  Mike

Thanks for the clicks … we need them!

I’d let Davis and Gibson go with no lost sleep at all. Slam dunk. Some are high on Gibson but I just don’t see him evolving into a spot starter for you.

I like your RBs well enough and wouldn’t touch them. You could use another productive starting WR and perhaps a more capable TE. Miller at TE is potential top 7 material if he can steer clear of injuries and gets a bit of QB consistency.

WR is your main goal. You can trade one of your QBs certainly but I am a fan of having 2 solid starters and younger developing starter (Bradford, Sanchez, Stafford, Tebow, etc.). In a non-ppr league it’s all about TDs and yardage obviously so don’t target “off” WRs … target #1 receivers or young productive ones.

Flacco doesn’t look like a superstar QB but is solid. Romo and Schaub are ranked higher and I’d look to move one of them in the right deal. First target a WR rich team that needs QB help.

Such WRs I’d be targeting are:

Mike Williams (TB)
Miles Austin (his value has dropped of late)
Dwayne Bowe – Use his recent inconsistency to lower value
Greg Jennings

You may even be able to package a QB with Boss to get a better WR. The only receiver in the draft that I’d target is AJ Green at this point.

Hope that helps

Mike
Reply to  DLF JeffH

Yeah I’m in a bit of a tough spot targeting the 4 you mentioned. The owner of Dwayne Bowe has Brady as his QB-and little in his WR corps, and the owner of Austin is the same save replace Brady for Brees.

The owner of Mike Williams is in full youth/rebuild mode and has made it public he’s not for sale….which realy sucks b/c I passed Mike for Dexter McCluster in last year’s rookie draft. (in part b/c our league rewards return yards). I’ll have to live with that I guess.

Thanks guys!!

I believe that Greg Jennings will take a hit in production when Finley is back in the Green Bay line up, should I be looking for the best deal to move Jennings? If so I have a couple of deals on the table; Deal #1 Jennings and S. Greene for Andre Johnson, Tony Moeaki, and the condition that if Greene finishes in the top 18 RB next season, then I would receive a 1st rd pick as well. Deal #2 Greg Jennings for Mike Wallace and a 2nd round pick. Thoughts?

DLF JeffH
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

He MAY take a hit but it doesn’t always work like that. Because of Finley’s ability to stretch the field via the seam routes, while Jennings catches could drop, I think the quality of his catches (more TDs) could actually result. It also depends on whether James Jones is starting or Driver in 2011.

That said, if you could get AJ and Moeaki for Jennings and Greene, I’d do it. I’m not a Greene fan as he’s too one dimensional and AJ is perhaps the #1 WR currently.

I don’t like the Jennings for Wallace trade. Too similar and Jennings is the better receiver in my mind. 2nd round picks just don’t have that much value in reality. It’s a roll of the dice. I don’t like trading a position for the same position in most cases.

Tod

What are the values of CJ Spiller and Ryan Matthews going into next year? Jacoby Ford too?

DLF JeffH
Reply to  Tod

I wasn’t high on Spiller and I’m still not. It’s not just him, it’s also the offensive scheme and the O-line in BUF. I think he’s a bust going forward but he could also be a good buy low candidate if you can get him on the cheap. Anything can happen with backs like that.

I like Ryan Mathews but his injury issues are concerning. He showed what he’s capable of doing and getting through that first rookie year is tough. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be an every down productive back. If not, he’s going to have a career similar to Donald Brown in IND. I’d still draft him highly, but as a RB2 (with risk) at this point.

Motown Mike

Got a trade offer question for the board here. This one has me intrigued. Taking my team into consideration, curious which side you like?

QB – Rodgers, Cassel
RB – C. Wells, R. Matthews, J. Addai, L. Tomlinson
WR – Jennings, Harvin, Britt, Tampa M. Williams, Dem. Thomas, Julio Jones (developmental slot), P. Burress
TE – Cooley, Gonzalez, F. Davis
Draft Pick 1.4

Start 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE (6 total). PPR

Been offered his Knowshon for my Mike Williams (or Britt) straight up. I like my collection of WR’s, but I’m not overly excited about my RB’s, seems this would definitely give me a nice young stable at RB, with maybe enough left at WR to survive. I’m torn, would love a second opinion. Would also be interested in who’d you’d rather give up (if anyone), Britt or MW. Thanks guys!

Reply to  Motown Mike

You’ll need to find someone higher on Moreno than myself. I’ve been completely underwhelmed by KnoMo and he can’t stay healthy. Britt and Williams are young and could be productive for you for the next 10 years …. that’s hard to trade away. It is true that you need some RB help but I’d like to see you get someone more durable than Moreno has been.

Billy

If it were me? A) I would do the trade and B) I’d have to get rid of Britt.

Mike Williams South is the #1 option in an emergency TB passing game. Britt is in a very questionable position in TEN. I wouldn’t count on any WR for production if they are catching balls from Kerry Collins next year.

I’d trade Britt straight up for Moreno any day of the week. If you find yourself needing a WR, you could always throw one of your RB’s on the block.

Derek

I’ve been offered a trade in my Dynasty league that I need some advice on. It’s a standard scoring league with a 30 player roster per team.

I was offered Maurice Jones-Drew for Ryan Mathews, Mike Tolbert, and a 2011 1st round draft pick. I have the 3rd and the 7th pick in the first round of 2011.

My RB’s are:

B. White
Eric Decker
Golden Tate
Chaz Schilens
Harry Douglas
Lee Evans

I’m in need of a RB1 but I’m afraid that I am giving up a lot with Mathews and the potential that he and Tolbert have. I probably won’t get a RB1 out of this year’s draft with the weak 2011 RB class unless I have the opportunity to trade up to number 1 overall in the draft…which the guy with MJD does have…any suggestions?

Reply to  Derek

There’s a reason why many are starting to sell on MJD … looks like the hits are starting to add up and he sure is fighting the injury bug. I don’t think it’s an unfair offer but MJD fell out of the top 10 this year. He’ll be 26 in March and I just don’t know that you have to give up that much for 3-4 years of slow decline from MJD. I’d hang onto Mathews and the pick myself.

What MJD does do for you is give you an immediate RB1 though that you don’t have to think about week over week. Ryan Mathews is far from a sure thing. I still don’t do that trade.

Derek
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Thanks for the help!

Any ideas for a offer back to him?

DLF JeffH
Reply to  Derek

I just don’t know that you really need MJD. But the risk is that Mathews and Tolbert continue to split too evenly. Your draft pick is a good one to dangle and maybe you can offer him Shonn Greene and the #3. I’d start by offering Greene and the #7 and go from there. At #3, you’re likely hoping for a RB anyway and this is not the year for that.

The problem with offering any of your receivers is that you’re exactly 4 deep and you get too thin if you offer up Greene and a receiver or a receiver and #7. #3 could turn into AJ Green if you knew he was falling. Tough to make a trade involving the picks before the draft.

12 team; Dynasty league: I traded Flacco, Clark, Jacoby Ford, and a 2nd rd pick for Vick, James Starks, and a 3rd rd pick. How did I do in this trade in your opinion?

I have Freeman, Big Ben at QB, Finley, Jared Cook, and Tony Moeaki at TE, and AJ, Marshall, Floyd, Ward, Thomas at WR. Thoughts?

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

At first blush, I didn’t care for it, but in looking at your roster following the trade variables, I think it works for you. Starks is still a bit risky and hasn’t proven anything yet other than he has some ability. But his value is rising and Ryan Grant isn’t sure to be back. You’re WRs are solid enough so I like the trade for you.

What are your thoughts about the future prospects of the following players:

J. Simpson, James Starks, Clay Harbor, Mike Hart, Donald Brown.

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

In this order I like:

Starks – Looks good, will be better with another off season
BRown – Disappointing thus far, this next year is key
Simpson – Blooming on schedule with nice upside
Hart – Can’t stay healthy but I like the way he runs. Good kid
Harbor – Hard to be too excited

RWojo

12 team Dynasty PPR League with added emphasis for TE. Playoffs through Superbowl. Need to start 1-QB, Def, Pk and a combination of 5 other players (WR,RB,TE).

I know I’m weak at WR and since this is only my second year in a dynasty league I’m not confident with determining trade value.

QB – Matt Flynn, Schaub, Troy Smith
RB – J. Charles, C. Johnson, P. Thomas, R. Mathews, B. Scott
WR – Benn, Colston, Jacoby Ford, Gaffney, Jacoby Jones, J. Jones, D. McCluster, Mike Thomas
TE – Finley, Dreesen, Hoomanawanui, Dave Thomas
PK – Cundiff, Janikowski,
Def – Bears, Falcons, Rams

Who would you pick from this team in a trade for a WR1 or WR2 and a pick?? Who would you have no problem dropping from this team???

Reply to  RWojo

You’re weak at QB too.

Troy Smith is droppable. I like Flynn well enough in very deep leagues but he’s not going anywhere in 2011. He’s a FA in 2012.

You’re loaded at RB and will need to leverage them to add WR depth. Colston is WR1, Benn has some young upside and Ford is a wildcard who might have some value in trade (I doubt it). I’d look to keep Charles and CJ and look to trade Thomas if you can get value for him. I hate to say it, but Thomas probably isn’t going to bring enough trade value at this point and you may have to trade Mathews for a WR1, but don’t settle for any WR. For someone like Mathews, you need to land a top 10 …perhaps a player like Jennings, Nicks or DeSean Jackson. Don’t get suckered by Brandon Lloyd, older names like Reggie Wayne or players that are too risky. Go for at least young productive talent that have no less than two years of significant production.

Don’t worry about getting a pick unless it’s a throw in. THis year might be deep enough at WR to get a good WR in the 7-12 range.

Reply to  RWojo

Oh … Mike Thomas has value too. Don’t work overtime trying to land a WR. If you can’t get a stud for Mathews (and you may not), just hold onto your backs and wait for a WR to come to you. You have great backs for a 12 team league.

Dan

Is it draft time yet…ugh!

Reply to  Dan

Yes. Draft research time … as close as I can get for you.

12 team PPR Dynasty league

Who is the more valuable dynasty commodity going forward James Starks or E. Sanders? I have Stark but I’m debating trading him to the owner of Grant for Sanders, thoughts? You guys are great by the way, I really appreciate the off-season help! I really need a WR3 with upside to develop to a WR2 in a few seasons.

DLF Ken K
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

Boy that’s tough one, but I’d take the RB with a chance to have a featured job at some point over a WR with a ceiling of being the 2nd best on his team. I just rarely take too many second options as pillars to build around.

DLFfan

What type of value should I be trading away for a guy like Jahvid Best?

DLF Ken K
Reply to  DLFfan

Well, I just moved him in one of my leagues, so I’m happy to answer that one.

I’d be looking at a top 30 keeper for sure. Best was injured, but he has elite talent.

I moved him with a future #1, Gresham, and Josh Johnson for Roddy White and Knowshon Moreno.

DLFfan
Reply to  DLF Ken K

So, what do you think of this?

Greene and 2011 1st round 3rd pick (or 2012 1st round) for Jahvid Best

I’m feeling like that is lopsided and that the person getting Greene and a 1st rounder would be getting the better deal. Am I off?

DLFfan
Reply to  DLFfan

I really need help on this one!

I’ve been offered Jahvid Best for Greene and 2011 1.7 pick. What do you think of the offer?

Thanks guys!! I’m clicking ads now!

Reply to  DLFfan

I’d probably do that myself. BUT, Detroit is where RBs go to die and Best’s constant injury status is less than impressive. But he’s very dynamic and I’d rather have him than Greene by a long shot, and the 1.7 this year doesn’t project that well in my book.

DLFfan

What would you think of Gore and B. Scott for S. Greene and J. McKnight?

DLF Ken K
Reply to  DLFfan

I’d like to be on the side getting Gore and Scott…

DLFfan
Reply to  DLF Ken K

What kind of value does Gore have? He’s getting older and doesn’t have a lot of tread on the tires…

DLF JeffH
Reply to  DLFfan

I’m not the biggest Gore fan for the long term. Every year I don’t expect him to finish the year in pads. He’s great when he’s on the field but he scares me the older he gets. I think he’s still a top 10 back when healthy, but this may be the year to sell on him if you aren’t going to be in contention.

If he gets an upgrade at QB, he could be even better. But Gore is one of those backs that the wheels will come off of very quickly when it happens, whether he’s 27 or 30. He’s 28 prior to the 2011 season kick-off.

Derek

What do you think of this deal?

Josh Freeman and LeGarrett Blount for Drew Brees and Tim Hightower

DLF JeffH
Reply to  Derek

Very different things to each team involved. Hightower is a mystery and I doubt he’ll ever be anything more than a high end RB3, but he has had his games. Blount is young and produced far better than I expected. I also think Freeman is a nice young prospect but not exceptional. Brees is obviously still top 5 status. If the team that is sending Brees/Hightower is rebuilding and the team sedning Freeman/Blount is somewhat established, I like the deal just fine … but if the team getting Brees isn’t in the hunt currently, I’m not sure why that trade would be done.

DLF JeffH

Bob B

12 team PPR Dynasty. Start 1QB/2-4RB/2-4WR/1-3TE/1PK/1DST
My TEam:
QB: Brady/Eli/Ben R.
RB: CJ2K/Stewart/DeAngelo W./R.Brown/Ringer/Hilliard
WR: Wayne/Crabtree/MSW/Clayton/R. Moss/Royal/Hartline/Cruz/Burress
TE: Finley/Winslow/Shaincoe
PK: Hartley
DST: Cowboys
2011 picks: 2.6/3.9

I have one offer made to me of my Eli/R.Brown for his M.Williams (sea) and Ivory. I know I need help at WR but not sure I’m gertting enough in this offer. I have offered the VJax/Rice owner Eli/MSW (or Ben/MSW) for either one.

Where do you see my needs and how would you go about making the necessarey offers? Who should I move or what combos should I pout together? Anyone in particular you would target?

Thanks.

Reply to  Bob B

I agree with what you are saying, mostly. You need a future WR1 and I don’t believe that Crabtree or MSW is it. I don’t believe Mike Williams is it either although he is a nice WR2 currently. I think you’re looking to move the correct components. Eli doesn’t have that QB1, ever-week-starter ability right now and I don’t think he’s dynamic enough to really ever have it. He’s very capable week in and week out, but just not elite. He’s the 3rd best QB on your team so moving him along with Brown or even MSW as a package (perhaps all three) to land a true WR1 or future WR1 would be a good thing.

I do like the Mike Williams/Ivory deal if you can’t dig anything else up as I believe both are rising players. Remember that there’s nothing stopping you from turning around and moving them again and I think Ivory may see his stock really rise before kickoff of the 2011 season.

Make sure you can get a good development QB3 though because I still like having 3 on my roster at a miniumum.

Your VJax/Rice offer is fine too but a bit risky, similar to Mike Williams. I also like Britt as he has just enough question marks so that his value isn’t stratospheric at the moment. Nicks is probably untouchable. Take a look at our rankings and target a receiver in that 8-15 area.

Cnugs

Need 10 keepers for my dynasty from this list. We start 1 QB, 5 flex rb/wr, 1 TE, 3 DP. Thanks for the help!

QB – Vick, Big Ben, Stafford, Bradfor
RB – Gore, Charles, Deangelo, R. Brown, J. Best, R. Matthews
WR – Harvin, TO, Garcon
TE – Gonzo
DP – P. Willis, J. Beason, Poz

The top DP’s score like a #3 wr.

DLF Ken K
Reply to  Cnugs

Vick
Ben
Gore
Charles
Best
Mathews
DeAngelo
Harvin
Garcon
Willis

I don’t think you can afford to keep 3 qbs…

Boobam

Hey Love the site, visit it daily, also I can not get enough fantasy football so hoping there is no lockout next season – may be the end of me. Anywho I am in a super deep dynasty league, 14 teams, IDP, PPR league. I will apologize for the length of my lineup a head of time.

I have 2 questions
1.) Who/What whould I target with the #1 overall? I know I have many needs but which is the most pressing?
2.) I have a trade offer for the 4,5, and 15th overall pick for CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson – would love to hear some advice.

QB – Big Ben, McNabb, Skeleton, Josh Johnson(picked up after reading an article from this site)

RB – Fred Jackson, Felix Jones, Mike Goodson, CJ Spiller, Tashard Choice, Toby Gerhart

WR – Santana Moss, Garcon, M Floyd, M Manningham, Mike Thomas, Chad Johnson, Lee Evans, Emmanuel Sanders, D. Alexander

TE – Zach Miller(Oak), J Gresham, J Cook

DL – Calais Campbell

LB – Derrick Johnson, David Hawthorne, Justin Durant, R McClain, D Washington, Navorro Bowman, Daryl Sharpton, Donald Butler

DB – TJ Ward, Pat Chung

I am thinking RB if the #1 I like Ingram if he lands in a good spot or thinking I will take AJ Green and just add a RB through the waivers as the season goes on. My thoughts on the Spiller trade I would be able to add some guys like Julio Jones and Mikel LeShoure…is it worth it?

Thanks much

Reply to  Boobam

I think you have to go Ingram. WRs at any point are a risk. Green looks great but I wouldn’t take him unless I was desperate. You need WR help but there’s nothing like a good RB. That said, make sure he goes to a good starting situation.

I’d take that trade in a heart beat, not losing sleep and on any given Sunday or any other day of the week ending in “day”.

Yes, yes and yes

Mac

Hey guys – I am in a 4 keeper dynasty league (.5PPR, 12 teams) and have the following players: Peyton, MJD, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, Lynch, Mike Williams (TB), Vernon Davis, Ryan Torain. I see my potential keepers as Peyton, MJD, Rice and Hillis, but I am on the fence about Steven Jackson. I tried moving both Hillis and Steven Jackson in a package deal for a top 6 RB/WR, but have not had any luck. I don’t trust either of them long term… Would you suggest just keeping Hillis (over Steven Jackson) and being content with that? I feel like it would be a waste to throw back Sjax into the draft pool… Thoughts/ideas? Thanks!!!!

Sid the Science Kid
Reply to  Mac

I dont know if these guys want to be giving out advice to a COUG…do Dawgs!!!!!!

Maybe you want to package up MJD before his bone on bone knee problem turns him into the Torry Holt…

Mac
Reply to  Sid the Science Kid

You are wrong sir; my alumni is Western Washingon University, and sadly enough we don’t even have a football team anymore!!!

Reply to  Mac

I’d keep Jackson. I know there are many Hillis lovers out there but I’m sorry, I’d rather have have Jackson. Hillis was a stud in 2010 and could be in 2011 but I don’t trust him. Jackson is proven but an injury risk. Either way, I’d take Jackson straight up in trade every day of the week.

Boobam

Was just curious if you, or any of the other readers, had planned on writing any articles on about super sleepers or waiver wire guys that could have a potenial breakout year in 2011. The article on Josh Johnson and Bulger was great, but I am looking for some RBs and WRs to stash before our waiver wire closes just before the Superbowl.

Thanks again

Reply to  Boobam

I think there are quite a few articles on the site recently that are good sleeper articles, have you looked at them. Ken Kelly has profiled quite a few that you should be looking at. Are you looking for more obscure picks?

Wallace's Warriors

Great website that I have recently discovered!
Can you rate my team on a scale of 10 to 1
16 team league
passing TD-6
return yards are 1 point for 40 yards (was 30 last year)
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 WRT, 1 K, 1 DEF
QB: Carson Palmer, Colt McCoy
RB: Rashard Mendenhall, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Javarris James
WR: Mike Wallace, Johny Knox, Emmanuel Sanders, Brad Smith, Nate Burleson, Joshua Cribbs, Eric Decker
TE: Zach Miller, Kevin Boss
K: Graham Gano
DEF: Philadelphia DEF
Draft Picks:
Pick 5
Pick 19
Pick 27

Y. O. P. P.
Reply to  Wallace's Warriors

i think you will walk the plank next season

I rate it a 6.5

Reply to  Wallace's Warriors

Firstly, welcome to the site. Glad to have you. Well, in a 16 team league .. rosters tend to get a bit thin. Mendy and Bradshaw are good anchors at RB in a 16 team league. Not wild about the WRs and that is where you need help … along with QB. Unfortunately, I’m not seeing trade bait that you can use for adding quality QBs or WRs. Wallace is an up and comer … as is Sanders, but there on the same team. Move one of them, probably Sanders. I’d look at the first QB off the board or a WR like Julio JOnes at #5. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) … I’d go with a 5.

Matt

Need some trade help!

10 Team, dynasty league with 30 roster spots, no PPR.

QB P Manning, Big Ben, Matt Flynn
RB CJ, Mendy, James Starks, Bernard Scott, M Goodson
WR Wayne, S Johnson, S Moss, R Moss, J Jones, M Williams (SEA), M Thomas, A Armstrong, D Woodhead
TE Finley, Daniels, Heap

I have 2 offers on the table currently: I give Wayne and 2011 4.5 for Harvin and 2012 1st RD pick OR I give Wayne for S Holmes and 2011 1.9.

Thanks for the help!!!

Ill go check out some sponsors!

Reply to  Matt

I think I’d sit tight and not do any of those trades unles the 1st rounder was sure to be relatively high. Harvin is damaged goods and I’m must not comfortable with him … and I have him in one of my main leagues. Holmes is too risk and has a major knucklehead quotient on his head. 1.09 is a roll of the dice. Sit tight, I like your team.

Matt Warton
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Thanks for the advice.

I have one more trade related question:

I give CJ2K for Hillis/Garcon/2011 1.2

-or-

CJ2K for Mathews/2011 1.3 and 1 of Britt/Maclin/Marshall/Fitz

thanks again!

Reply to  Matt Warton

I wouldn’t do the first one at all. I’m not ultra high on Hillis going forward, Garcon is too inconsistent and 1.2 is either Ingram or Green and unless it’s Ingram, there’s just too much risk.

The second deal, if it’s a PPR league, isn’t horrible. Mathews is young and I think he has a better year in 2011. The 1.3 is a gamble for sure but does have some value. The real kicker is the WR addition. I’d target, in order, Fitz, Fitzgerald, Larry, LFitz, Britt, Marshall, Maclin. You get the picture. 🙂

Major Loser

Sorry for the double post folks, I just really need advice: 12 team ppr dynasty.

Kyle orton
BMW
Crabtree
Welker
Vernon Davis
Rob gronkowski
Germaine Gresham.

Here is my question. Im in a 12 team dynasty with the 5th overall pick. Should I package gore, welker and Gresham to push into a top 5 rb trade or is that too much… Or maybe not enough? I feel like my team is deep enough to survive it. I’d target a wr in the draft (there are a ton in this one), and I’d still have austin, jennings, and crabtree as my top 3 wrs. With gronk and Davis I’d still be strong at TE, heck would it be more advised to move gronk instead? Please give me some opinions. Thank you so much…

Reply to  Major Loser

I’m not seeing a double post from you. Either way, happy to help.

If you could land CJ2k, Peterson or maybe Rice, I’d consider it but in your situation, I lean on just sitting on your hands. I’m not as high on Gore as others so trading him away doesn’t concern me THAT much, but giving up Gore, Welker and Gresham is a lot of production for a single player.

I don’t recommend trading up for a WR either, especially in this draft. There are some good receivers this year, but outside of Green I see a lot of risk. A couple of big names decided to return for their senior years which dried up some of the intrigue for me. Even still, you will have enough talent to choose from at your #5 to add some quality development to your roster.

That all said, if you could land CJ or Peterson, it’s a deal that I’d probably do. After those two, I start losing sleep.

Tod

32 team dynasty league, do I trade mathews for dez bryant straight up? I also have the number one pick in the draft, which more than likely will be used on a qb. They are like gold in this league.

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB
Worilds, Jason PIT LB
Cox, Perrish DEN CB
Lewis, Myron TBB CB
Jenkins, Malcolm NOS S
Mays, Taylor SFO S

Reply to  Tod

Yikes, you need help across the board don’t you? I may agree that you have to use a pick on a starting QB unless you can get one in trade or perhaps Kolb lands someplace like AZ.

Here’s what I’m leaning towards for you, but this is more my style – you need to do what you feel is best because you know your fellow coaches, etc.

Mathews and Deangelo actually give you a nice 1-2 punch of established veteran and youth. I wouldn’t be quick to move that or break it up … as having two starting RBs in a 32 team league could be very nice. Mathews is sharing time but I think he’ll be fine in the long run and Williams should get a better starting gig this year (MIA?).

I think you’ll be fine with Kolb eventually too, but that doesn’t fix your needs for THIS year unless you get some help. But drafting a rookie QB, especially in this upcoming draft, even more especially with 1.01 is a big risk.

I’d consider keeping Mathews, using your 1.01 on AJ Green, who has the look of a great WR (certainly as much talent as Bryant in my mind but with greater dynamic) and scratching a clawing for any starting QB you can get. Certainly, one other team has a fringe starting QB available I would think.

That would ultimately give you Williams, Mathews and AJ Green along with Gibson/MSW which makes for decent youth. You’ll need a second good WR but you have some potential with Gibson. I like Dickson as well after Heap is gone.

I just wouldn’t be so quick to immediately target the first QB off the board. This QB class reminds me of the Alex Smith class.

Dan

Who is better to have in a 12 team PPR league. You start a QB, 2RB, 2WR and a WR/RB Flex, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST.
Mike Williams (Tampa Bay)
Dez Bryant
Mike Wallace
Brandon Marshall

Reply to  Dan

I only get to choose one? Can I have 3 choices?

I’d really like to say Mike Williams because I really like the way he looks, but we have Bryant just slight higher than Williams on our rankings and I’ll stick with that. I’m excited to see what Bryant can do in his 2nd year.

Ned

I am in a league where we keep 25 offensive players. I am in desparate need of a Wr1 or Wr2 (I have vjax, knox, randy, and a bunch of sleepers). I have all of the rbs for Jax, Panters (Minus DWill), Wash, and GB (including Grant). I also am willing to move the 1.3 in this years draft. What is your advice and who should I target? Visiting sponsers now.

Reply to  Ned

If it’s not a PPR league, I don’t know that I’d jump through hoops to get things done before you see how the draft pans out. Maybe Green will be there at 1.03? If not, I’d first see who you could get for the 1.03 alone. If not, I’d consider moving your GB RB tandem for a top WR. Take a look at our WR rankings and target a youthful WR in the top 8 or so, the higher the better.

If you can find a WR rich team in your league, it’s likely that you can get more for less, especially if he needs RBs. I don’t like the WAS RB situation so they’d be the first to go, but they won’t be as highly valued as Grant/Starks. I wouldn’t move the others for a WR.

Fitz is coming off a mildly disappointing year, you might try to see what you could get him for. Britt could be a nice purchase right now and you want to do so talking about his injury and knucklehead risk to get the value down.

Start by really feeling out your fellow coaches to see who is available and then choose from there. Keep us in the loop.

4th and Drunk

Just found this site, and I must this is some good insight. Wanted to get your take on a few trades I am currently in the process of completing

1) Peyton Manning/Reggie Wayne/Anthony Fasano for Jay Cutler/Roddy White/Vernon Davis

2) Jahvid Best / 1.4 for Lesean McCoy / 2.12

3) Pierre Garcon for Legarette Blount

Dynasty League: 12-Team PPR 1QB,1-2RB,3-4WR,1TE,1DEF

QB-Manning/Henne/Garrard
RB-Best/P.Thomas/D.Sproles/C.Williams
WR-Floyd/Wayne/Garcon/Evans/Driver/Bennett/Hartline/Manningham
TE-Fasano/Schiancoe
K-Crosby
DEF-Giants

After reading your sell article, I think I am getting the best value for Peyton and Reggie before they start to decline, but I could be wrong

Please let me know what you think, thank you inadvance for your thoughts

Reply to  4th and Drunk

1) If you’re trying to get younger, I’m okay with it. Trading away Manning and Wayne though is tough. I think Wayne is still a WR1, but teetering. Manning should be fine for another few years. Cutler is an enigma, but I like White and V.D. enough to probably do that trade to get younger. White > Wayne. VD is much > Fasano. Manning is > Cutler, but not enough to not do it.

2) I’d do that trade, especially this year. I’m not high on 1.4 unless AJ Green falls, which he won’t. Best is just the latest back in DET to fail although I like his dynamic. DET is where RBs go to die. McCoy is a RB1.

3) Yep, in a heartbeat.

tripleaaaron

I am in a 10 team PPR dynasty with 22 man rosters and 3 taxi spots being added this year. 4 pt pass td and 1 pt per 40 return yards and otherwise traditional scoring.Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K, 1 Def
My Roster:
QB: A Rodgers, J Freeman
RB: MJD, DMC, Moreno, Lynch, P Thomas, R Jennings, B Tate
WR: Roddy, Nicks, Megatron, Colsten, Benn, M Thomas
TE: Z Miller, A Hernandez, B Watson
K: Hartley
D: Green Bay

I also have the 1.1 this year and 2 1st rounders in 2011 to play with. What would you do in the offseason if you had my squad and how does it rate?
Would you look to take Ingram or Green or try to move the pick as the draft nears?
Thanks ahead of time, will click some links for you as I love the site!

Reply to  tripleaaaron

Firstly, increase your roster sizes to at least 30, even if it means inc. the taxi spots (so 27+3). You don’t use IDP so 27 is the low end in my opinion.

I wouldn’t do a thing. You have a championship contender for a few years. You MAY be a bit risky in the RB area but you’ll add Ingram to shore that up and give you some young development depth. DMC, Moreno, Lynch and Thomas are all question marks, but you have enough of them to field a very nice team. Don’t get too cute with your lineup, you’re young and solid across the board.

Jeff

Looking into possibly trading Chris Johnson and Chad Henne for Jahvid Best, Kenny Britt and Matt Stafford. On the surface it may seem crazy, but I like Best’s potential (he had over 50 receptions despite the nagging turf toe last year). Britt could be a stud for the next 10 years and Stafford is one of the upcoming stud QB’s.
Currently I have Brady, Henne, Skelton. Foster, McCoy, Benson, Scott, Starks. Calvin, VJax, Bennett, Floyd, BTate, DAlexander, Finley, MLewis, Moeaki. 12 team dynasty, ppr.

Thoughts???

Chad
Reply to  Jeff

I would take any of those players straight up for CJ2K…
Plus you have CJ2K and Foster and Shady…..don’t mess with a good thing!
Trade Benson or Starks for a WR upgrade..

Reply to  Jeff

I couldn’t do it. If you’re really high on Best, I could understand and I ALWAYS suggest following YOUR gut since it is your team. I don’t share your enthusiasm for Best. I like Britt but he’s still a question mark until he performs for an entire season. Stafford will remain “what could be” until he “is”. Stafford’s shoulder issues are troubling and while I like his leadership, that alone doesn’t make him a stud.

I’m no Henne supporter but I just can’t trade away CJ for three “maybes”. It’s not horrible though if you are really sure about Best.

Dave

Hi guys, I just found the site a couple months ago and I love it. Great work. I hit this site a lot and click the sponsors every time, EVERYONE CLICK THE SPONSORS!!!

Standard Dynasty PPR, 10 team

From what I gather, you guys aren’t really high on Malcolm Floyd. How come? Are you so sure that VJax goes back to SD or is it something else (age)?

Also, I’ve been salivating over Demaryius Thomas because of his height and speed and I need youth at WR, should I go after him on the cheap or go after a more established young WR like Bryant, Wallace or Williams (TB) and if so, what are they worth?

My lineup:

QB – Romo, Cassel, Tebow
RB – McCoy, Hillis, Moreno, Deangelo, Starks, Ivory
WR – Nicks, Roddy, VJax, Crabtree, Floyd, Danario
TE – Gates, Gresham, Keller

Thanks for all you do guys!

Reply to  Dave

Thanks for the help Dave and we’re glad you’re loving the site. It’s a labor of love and a time sink, but we’re committed to it until our fingers fall off or our families have had enough – both are relatively close. 🙂

I’m getting higher on Floyd, I saw some things I really like late last year. I wouldn’t move him because I don’t think you will get in return what his potential is. If VJax returns, I think his numbers could actually rise. Need to see some production first. I’m going to be redoing the WR rankings soon and he’ll rise a bit.

Well, always get established or proven talent over unproven if the cost is right. Too many coaches go after unproven talent for the “what could be”, sacrificing the “what is”. It’s always fun to have a favorite rookie or young player to get behind, but you can’t be blinded by size/speed. I’m as bad as any when it comes to loving draft picks but you have to be objective.

I like Thomas’s size and speed as well but he significantly underperformed expectations for me last year. We have him in our Experts league too and I wouldn’t trade him myself because we’d get too little in return. That also makes him a good buy low candidate as long as the owner isn’t as high on him as you. I’d take any of those other WRs over Thomas, with the exception of maybe Wallace. Even then, Wallace is producing now. I just have a hard time being a fan of Wallace.

With your WRs, you don’t need to do too much and you have plenty of youth. So, if you can get him on the cheap, go for it but you don’t need to.

Casey

Just seeing your guys thoughts on Joe Webb for next season. Should I go for him or a QB like Flynn? Thanks.

Reply to  Casey

Webb is an intriguing project but it really seems that MIN wants to go in a new direction. Just like Skelton in AZ, while they have talent, the likelihood is that a team can’t enter the season with them at QB. Webb is likely at least 2 years away from being a starter unless MIN can’t find a veteran QB or are willing to start a high profile rookie. Flynn is interesting and I think he’s a safer long term choice, but Webb has the better near-term opportunity. If Flynn gets traded to S.F., I’d take Flynn at every turn. Flynn is going to make money at some point as a BU QB that is awaiting his starting job to emerge. The NFL right now doesn’t have a lot of good QBs in the wings and right now, and names like Hanie and Flynn are starting to heat up.

anthony

comments on my 12 team .5 ppr dynasty team 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 wr/te 1 te 1 def 1 k 2 DP

qb flacco freeman stafford
rb greene LT stewart torain choice starks m lynch
wr andre nicks b marshall s rice s johnson l moore j shipley
te j graham a hern shiancoe
dp greenway j anderson
def sd
k crosby

i like the teams potential, but feel i need upgrade at rb1
comments thanks

Reply to  anthony

If Stewart becomes a RB1, you’re fine … otherwise you have a stable of RB2s. That is not necessarily a bad thing becuause Greene and Torain should still see significant carries. Choice, Starks and Lynch all have nice upside from 2010 totals. If you’re able to land a RB1 for a combo of players and/or picks, I’d do it, but I wouldn’t blow up your nice WR stable. Perhaps Dangle S. Johnson or Rice along with Torain, Starks or Lynch to see what you could get to upgrade your RBs. Better yet, leverage any draft pick you have to help make a trade. Otherwise, you’aren’t bad off if you just sit on your hands. Perhaps one of those secondary RBs will rise.

MT

Do you think that it is more likely that a team will trade for Flynn because he could be cheaper than a Kolb? Flynn will be a free agent after next season, so this would be the time to deal him if the Packers were ever going to. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so does that increase the likelyhood that Flynn gets dealt this offseason? Do you think enough teams believe in him to make a trade for him? Thanks

Reply to  MT

No, I think they’ll keep Flynn unless they get a deal that blows their skirt up. Flynn performed well in back up duty and Rodgers having concussion issues is an issue that has to be dealt with by having a good bu QB. They won’t be able to hang onto Flynn and his name, along with Caleb Hanie, are on the rise as bu QBs that will get a shot to start.

GB has no other good bu and they can’t really move Flynn for that reason. Anything could happen, but I’m betting against it.

So, yes, I believe there will be enough interest to make Flynn a worthwhile name to own, but you’ll have to be patient and allow him to eat up a roster spot for a year or two.