Dynasty

The DLF Dynasty Fantasy Football Mailbag

We answer some of your dynasty questions from Twitter.

Justin Fields

We answer some of your dynasty questions from Twitter.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

The DLF Dynasty Fantasy Football Mailbag
wretch
3 months ago

How long do you realistically expect a dynasty league to last?
If you’ve got a good core of friends and fanatics the league can last a long time. My league is going into our 22nd year. We started as keeper and added dynasty elements over the first 5 years. Been running mostly the same format since then, making small/large tweaks like expanding IDP/Flex changes as we go. One of our owners maintains his son will inherit his team.

6gummybearsandsomescotch
3 months ago

Thanks Shane! Love this forum and your takes. I have Fields, Harris and Stevenson so maybe I’m biased this week, LOL. Definitely moving on from Harris and Stevenson for some 2023 capital or a 2022 2nd hopefully. I’m in a productive struggle with RB’s hitting prime so now is the time to cash in, especially with the value in 2022 and elites in 2023. Our dynasty league is going on its 14th season and it’s been a lot of fun. We’ve lost maybe 5 owners over that time. Most of us are friends from old jobs so it’s pretty cool. Thanks again!

Justin Klopfenstein
3 months ago

In your experience what is the best way to trade for a top 5 QB to pair with another top 5 QB on your roster?

James Endler
3 months ago

I think we are headed to our 9th or 10th season and don’t see us ending it anytime soon. My brother lives in Phoenix and I live in Pittsburgh, so we made up the league with half his friends and half of mine. That way we could set it up as an East vs West format with a championship always decided like a real superbowl. We also keep track of wins throughout the season against each other with the winning division getting a 20 dollar discount or case of beer equivalency. Figure if anyone wants out, it would be easier to find a new owner from our other redraft leagues since it is split. Only one has quit over the years and the league is getting more competitive as owners are finally trading draft picks and players more frequently. Dynasty is the Best!

Chad Gorick
3 months ago

Hey Shane, our group has a 1QB league that has been going for 5 years and a SF that is in its 2nd year. We all work together but we’re spread out all over the country. Agree that when it’s friends it helps you work through the ups and downs…but it’s cutthroat too! Lol.
How about this one: 12 teams. 1QB league, PPR. My RB room is DCook, Zeke, AJones, Monty, Foreman, Etienne, Mattison. I’m trying to gauge the value of K Herbert as a handcuff and maybe the future in Chicago after Monty’s rookie deal runs out. My highest 2022 draft pick is the 2.10. Thinking of offering my 2.10 for Herbert and the 3.02. The other guy is grabbing up all the 2nd rounders he can. Wonder who I might be missing out on in the draft for those 4 spots? Sound like a good deal?

Chad Gorick
Reply to  Shane Manila
2 months ago

Thanks Shane!

Vespa
2 months ago

Looking for a take on Mattison, I own him in a 10 year long dynasty league with salary caps and contract lengths. His contract is up and I have the option to resign and keep him, do you think he’s worth owning for 3-4 years or should I let him go? resigns are limited to 3 per the 10 years so it is worth roughly a 1st round pick any given year.

justin reister
2 months ago

Asking for advice in a 14 team dynasty league we use d/st need 2 there’s 4 left out of the 4 what would be the best 2 to roster looking at short term and long term the 4 defenses left are browns bengals commanders and ravens I’ve looked at multiple rankings and they seem all over the place

Scott Whiddon
2 months ago

ok. I’m in a 10 team .5 PPR dyanasy leauge. We haven’t drafted yet, but we have cut our rosters to the 10 players we want to keep. Last year, I drafted Trevor Lawrence early hoping that he would be a phenom… but you know how that went. I struggled at QB all year but still came out with a strong 11-3 season and a second place finish. I kept Lawrence as one of my 10 keepers hoping that he’ll show up this year. I believe that I could land A. Rogers or T. Brady in the coming draft but I’m not sure I need to. Should I continue to ride T. Lawrence this year and risk depending on the waiver wire week to week? I’ve been aggressively trading in the off season and believe I’ve got a solid core.
J. Taylor, D. Henry, D. Montgomery, Ronald Jones, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Tee Higgins, Hunter Renfrow, Dalton Schultz, T. Lawrence.