Dynasty

Pre-2021 NFL Draft ‘Emergency’ Dynasty Sells

We pick out some current starters who could see their roles change significantly after the 2021 NFL Draft.

Miles Sanders

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Pre-2021 NFL Draft ‘Emergency’ Dynasty Sells
3 1 vote
Littlewing745
23 days ago

Gotta admit, you kinda baffled me on this one, Tyler. Boyd led the Bengals in targets last year (not saying he repeats) and more importantly, they had three WRs with 100+ targets. One (Green) is now gone. Boo also left and vacated another roughly 60 targets.

Are you really implying that Boyd will not only lose everyone of those vacated opportunities to either Higgins and/or newly drafted Chase/Pitts? Or, if you really think he’s a sell, maybe even DROP in targets from last year? I have to say…that seems like a stretch.

Littlewing745
Reply to  Littlewing745
23 days ago

*Bernard not boo 🙂

dcragel
Reply to  Littlewing745
23 days ago

Good question. DLF was low on Boyd last year too, not believing in Burrow, and he crushed until Burrow went down. I”m fairly confident his targets are secure, being he’s the main slot option.

Gabe Pattison
Reply to  Littlewing745
23 days ago

I don’t agree with Boyd seeing a dip in production but I do foresee that he has stepped off the value plateau. His value is almost certainly never going up again barring a possible short term bump if Higgins were to get hurt this year. That is the only real reason to sell him in my opinion. If you aren’t competing, his value will only go down, therefore you should sell. But if you are competing, I believe he’s one of those players that is more valuable on your roster for the points than whatever you could get in return.

Aaron Taylor
Reply to  Littlewing745
22 days ago

I am an Eagles fan and Sanders owner and I do kinda agree on selling him due to his disappointing 2020 season. But the 2020 offence was broken, he had an injury to start the season which may have lingered, and Wentz couldn’t throw a proper short target for the life of him. Injuries are a problem and Sanders did have his drops throughout the season to be fair. I think Hurts helps Sanders in 2021 and I would consider him more of a ‘hold’ than a ‘sell’. And CEH is not far younger than Sanders – they are one year apart in age.

I think Conner is a cheap buy as I just bought him for a 2022 3rd. I am competing this season and that cost was too good to pass on if Conner can accumulate Drakes 200 plus touches this season. I have been loading up on serviceable RB’s due to the 17 game season and this could be an advantage this season. I don’t see Conner having much value after 2021 but he is a decent investment for the 2021 season.

Aaron Taylor
Reply to  Tyler Justin Karp
22 days ago

Good point on the ages – I was unaware of the two year gap. You are right that Sanders and Conner will lose value from a market perspective if the teams draft RB’s. They may not lose touches but they will lose trade value. This draft is a little light on RB talent aside from the top three so if the value dips and the price is right, it could be a buying opportunity. Good article and good discussions.

Vespa
22 days ago

I’d always rather be early to get out than too late on guys like Boyd and Sanders, I could see both them dropping off a cliff, valuewise.

Steffan
22 days ago

If Miami drafts Pitts or a WR in the first round I can still see Fuller leading the team’s receiving options as rookies tend to start their career slower. So assuming Fuller has a decent year maybe his value could go up depending on where he ends up playing in the 2022 season (currently signed to a 1-year deal).

Alexander Scott
22 days ago

All the players you mentioned will be dead by next year. Nice assessment!

Justin Wellman
22 days ago

I totally agree about selling Cam, but the problem I am having is that no one is buying. There doesn’t appear to be a market right now. I don’t even get low ball offers.

I’ve tried unloading him for mid-round draft picks and there are no takers from QB needy teams (SF).

At this point it just seems like waiting to see how the off season plays and gamble on someone being desperate this fall.

Steve Ross
19 days ago

You have 5 or 6 days to sell james robinson.