At DLF, our community is central to everything we do. As such, proactively and transparently communicating to you is one of our core tenets. After all, without you, DLF does not exist.
When DLF was launched in 2006, we did so with the dream of creating the largest and most knowledgeable football community on the planet and have done just that. When we launched our Premium product in 2012, we did so with a commitment to offering the best content written by the best players and writers across the dynasty landscape, but at a price level most could rationalize and afford. To further add to our value proposition, we continue to develop new tools and methods for delivering the dynasty information you need to have to positively impact, not only your fantasy results, but also your enjoyment of this great game. While we have resisted price changes in the past, the increasing costs of doing business, paying our writers and contributors for their work, maintaining the site to our expectations and developing more and more resources for you has reached a point where this change is much needed.
Beginning on 1/1/19, the price for our annual Premium membership will increase to $39.99. Additionally, the price for a NEW monthly membership will rise to $7.99. Existing monthly/recurring subscribers will see no increase to the $4.99/mo. pricing as long as the membership remains active. This means any subscription purchased between now and the end of the year will be at the current price point and will simply add on to the end of your subscription if you’re already a current subscriber. In other words, you won’t pay the new price until your subscription is up for renewal in 2019 or beyond.
We are communicating with you ahead of this increase to provide as much notice and flexibility as possible. Whether to ask questions or plan for your membership in 2019, we understand the communication to you is important. If you’ve been a member of DLF in the past, you also know we routinely provide special offers throughout the year to help lower membership cost and that’s where you need to keep reading.
While we can’t promise to hold specific discount events in the future, we have yet to miss a Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion, which tends to be our most aggressive discount each year and allows new AND existing members an opportunity for a reduced cost. Letting you know about this necessary change in cost now instead of later enables everyone to prepare for what is our largest sale of the year.
We publish approximately 1,000 articles per year, meaning the new price will only be roughly four cents per article instead of three cents, but we still don’t want to trivialize $10 a year or 83 cents per month. For some of you, it’s a material amount that could be the difference between supporting DLF via a Premium subscription, or not. It is through the promotional events that we hope you can continue to support what we’re doing here if that makes a difference in your wallet. Again, we didn’t want to surprise any of you since we value each and every member.
Whether through a planned promotional event or our offer of a free DLF Premium subscription with any $10 deposit as a new DraftKings customer, we hope you continue to support what we’re doing here.
Anyone who has been a part of our community understands the level of commitment we have to each of you, Premium subscriber or forum member, hopefully both. We like to say there exists no other fantasy site which interacts with their community quite like we do and we take great pride in that. We couldn’t be more pleased with how this community continues to evolve and grow and each one of you is responsible for making DLF what it is today, we’re just happy to provide that sandbox. Know, too, we also understand that should we ever choose to take our community for granted, that is when you may choose to spend your time somewhere else. We don’t want that to happen so we continue to engage with you in hopes you will continue to engage with us. It’s really that simple.
Thank you again for being such a large part of what DLF is today, we cannot thank you enough for your continued support, enthusiasm and passion. We truly hope you feel a difference being part of our community and that you’ll continue to call DLF home for many years to come!
The DLF Team
- Q: How long are your annual subscriptions good for? Are they based on the NFL season or a full year of access?
- A: Our annual DLF Premium subscriptions are for 365 days, so no matter when you sign up, you have a full year of access.
- Q: I have a current subscription that expires at some point in 2019. Can I still take advantage of the current pricing?
- A: Yes! You can always purchase additional annual subscriptions and they’ll simply add on to your current expiration date. For example, if you subscription expires on 4/28/19 and you purchase another subscription today, your account will be extended through 4/28/20.
- Q: I currently have a recurring monthly subscription for $4.99. After 1/1/19, will I be charged the new price of $7.99/month?
- A: No, as long as your current recurring subscription is not canceled, you’ll remain on the recurring plan you originally signed up for, at the same price point. The recurring monthly subscription will simply renew automatically as long as the payment information is valid.
- Q: I purchased an annual recurring subscription a couple of years ago when you offered that as a product. What happens when the current subscription expires? Does my current price go away?
- A: As long as your current recurring subscription is not canceled, you’ll remain on the recurring plan you originally signed up for, at the same price point. The recurring annual subscription will simply renew automatically as long as the payment information is valid.
- Q: Can I sign up for a recurring annual subscription to lock in my rate?
- A: Unfortunately, we stopped offering the annual plan as a recurring subscription a couple of years ago. However, we have grandfathered in those subscribers who still have an active account with that plan.
- Q: How many annual subscriptions can I purchase? How does it work if I want to make sure I have the current pricing for the next few years?
- A: You are able to purchase as many annual subscriptions as you’d like. They will stack on top of each other, 365 days for each one.
- Q: How can I make sure I don’t miss an announcement about any promotional sales event?
- A: We will make sure information is posted on our website, twitter, and via our weekly newsletter.
Ken is on Twitter at DLF_KenK
Latest posts by Ken Kelly (see all)
- The Year-End Dynasty Aftermath: Where have you gone, Super Mario? - January 1, 2019
- The Dynasty Aftermath: Think of Puppies - December 19, 2018
- The Dynasty Aftermath: Putting your Fate in the Hands of Jaron Brown - December 10, 2018