With the 2023 NFL Draft now over, we can accurately re-assess the depth charts of teams around the NFL. In this series, we’ll be taking a look at players who either gained or lost value based on what their team did during the draft.
Next up, the AFC North!
- Round One, Pick 28: Myles Murphy, DE Clemson
- Round Two, Pick 60: DJ Turner, CB Michigan
- Round Three, Pick 95: Jordan Battle, S Alabama
- Round Four, Pick 131: Charlie Jones, WR Purdue
- Round Five, Pick 163: Chase Brown, RB Illinois
- Round Six, Pick 206: Andrei Iosivas, WR Princeton
- Round Six, Pick 217: Brad Robbins, P Michigan
- Round Seven, Pick 246: DJ Ivey CB Miami
Winner: Irv Smith Jr, TE
I’m stunned that the Bengals picked two wide receivers but no tight ends in the 2023 NFL Draft. They have a loaded wide receiver group with Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd but an empty tight end depth chart behind Smith Jr. I always liked Smith Jr as a prospect, especially early in his NFL career.
- The best dynasty rankings in the industry
- Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
- Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other awesome tools
- Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
- 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
- And so much more!
Don’t feel like this is the right take on Bateman. Injuries stink, but talent wins out. He’s flashed enough, just needs to stay healthy. Not worried about a washed 30+ year old, double acl tear guy and a gadgety slot receiver coming close to what Bateman can do