Dynasty

Tyreek Hill traded to the Miami Dolphins: The Dynasty Fantasy Football Impact

We break down the trade of Tyreek Hill to Miami.

We break down the trade of Tyreek Hill to Miami.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Tyreek Hill traded to the Miami Dolphins: The Dynasty Fantasy Football Impact
Craig Ressler
4 months ago

What about CEH? Does this move do little to improve his outlook?

Jacob Smith
Reply to  Craig Ressler
4 months ago

On hearing about the trade, I only thought of how it would affect Waddle (who is on both my teams), and I forgot that I even had CEH (who is on one). If Hill is not there to take the top off, the box could be stacked more, but that being said CEH is not an elite RB, so it won’t be stacked that much. In short, I don’t think it will change his outlook much. He’s been “meh” and will likely continue to be “meh”.

Craig Ressler
Reply to  Jacob Smith
4 months ago

He has been “meh” but I think much of that can be linked to usage. If you actually look at his rookie stats (recieving game) and watch his rookie highlights (recieving usage), he wasn’t “meh.”
Last year was a wreck for him. He had a nice ypc, and was scoring somewhat frequently when he played. But we know he missed like six games or something. And his recieving game usage was a joke.
What owners were expecting was him taking a step forward in the recieving game in 2021. He left us wanting more after his rookie season, and there was reason to be optimistic since he was just a rookie and all rookies were severly affected by covid. Instead, he gave us a regression in the recieving department, which was the exact opposite of what we were all hoping, and banking on. Now we’re all salty toward CEH. And rightfully so!
But my question is, does this get CEH more involved in the recieving department like we all hoped for? CEH will never reach the expectations we all had for him when many of us drafted him 1.01 of the 2020 rookie drafts. However, could moving Hill open up the door for CEH to return to the floor of an average of 2.769 cataches a game he got during his rookie season? If so, that is roughly 50 catches over 17 games. What if it actually opened the door for him to get even just one more catch per game on average to 3.769. Now we’d be looking at roughly 65 caches on the 17 game season for 530 yards. All of a sudden we aren’t hating CEH so much then.
So back to my original question, does moving Hill open the door for CEH to at least return to his rookie season recieving usage with the possibility to even add one more catch per game. I don’t know the answer to that question. But I do know that if he did, it would salve the sting we all have felt over CEH’s production.

Jacob Smith
Reply to  Craig Ressler
4 months ago

A solid take and I hope you are right. I’m one of those salty owners, as the dynasty hype after he was drafted by KC persuaded me to take him over Taylor. If he can absorb more passes, it will help get the salt out of the wound.

Craig Ressler
Reply to  Jacob Smith
4 months ago

Me too, man!

Stephen Atkinson
4 months ago

What about Pringle?

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Stephen Atkinson
4 months ago

My bad – missed that he went to Chicago.