Dynasty

Optimisery: The Case For and Against Gabriel Davis

We present both sides of the argument regarding one of the most talked-about players this summer.

Gabriel Davis

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Optimisery: The Case For and Against Gabriel Davis
Paul Reuben
1 month ago

…35 balls for 550 yards and six scores.”
I can see the six scores and MAYBE the 550 yards, but only 35 receptions????.

Last edited 1 month ago by Paul Reuben
Stephen Lee
Reply to  Paul Reuben
1 month ago

That’s based on his 16.4 career yds per catch average. I wouldn’t worry too much about it- this article seems to be making the point that the production of Gabriel Davis is “unknowable”…which makes you wonder why fantasy sites exist… I personally believe Gab Davis will be a fantasy stud and have invested thousands of dollars in that belief…

Paul Reuben
Reply to  Stephen Lee
1 month ago

I can see the yards-per-catch going down, but no way he only catches 35 balls.

Charles Day
1 month ago

A lot of folks were very impressed with Davis’s four touchdown performance against KC in the playoffs, but I’ve seen analysis that showed that Davis was basically ignored in the defensive game plan, leaving him wide open for several TD shots. I’m not getting rid of Davis where I have him, but I don’t expect him to be a WR2 either.

ken conlogue
1 month ago

I love the pessimistic voices. This kind of negativity allowed me to p/up GD off waivers Dec.’21. Many Thanks. WR2 w/big upside.

6gummybearsandsomescotch
Reply to  ken conlogue
1 month ago

Agreed. I’ll bet on a waiver wire pick in a high powered offense to return on investment as a starter every time. Got him in the 6th round of the 2020 rookie draft. Unless someone offers the farm, you really don’t have anything to lose keeping him. I feel like he’s better than the worst player on most dynasty squads.

aaavery1
30 days ago

I picked up Davis as a $6 waiver pick after the 2020 rookie draft. He met all my criteria for a long-term steal: 19-year old breakout, early 3rd day draft capital, prototypical alpha receiver size and speed, and going to a high-powered offense. The Chiefs game was the confirmation I needed for my bias to make me think he’s a third-year breakout in the making. Sitting behind J.Jefferson, D.Adams, K.Allen, and D.Johnson on my depth chart, I can hold comfortably and wait for a breakout.