Dynasty

Dynasty Fantasy Football Trading Post

Javonte Williams and Austin Ekeler. We put two running backs in the spotlight in this edition of the Dynasty Trading Post.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Dynasty Fantasy Football Trading Post
J Cakes
2 months ago

Great article Russ and I completely see what you’re saying. I might have that same unicorn deal of Pitts for Williams straight up. My question to you: is it worth it to give up Javonte for Pitts even if you have Kittle? I’d be really maximizing Javonte’s value in acquiring Pitts but I don’t think I can get much value for Kittle. If anything, it might have to be Kittle+ to acquire a startable RB.
using both the RBs you have here, which combo would you prefer: Javonte/Kittle or Ekeler/Pitts?

BigDee
Reply to  J Cakes
2 months ago

Sorry but you’re never going to get TE Pitts in trade for Javonte or Ekeler. A top TE is the toughest position to fill not to mention that Pitts is so young and will be a plug and play TE for the next 10 years easy, while a top RB will only give you 5 years of play then you’re gonna have to trade him before his up value is lost forever. I have Pitts and get ridiculous RB trade offers for him or older players with no up value and they are ALL turned down.

Last edited 2 months ago by BigDee
J Cakes
Reply to  BigDee
2 months ago

As it says in the article, all leagues are diff and player valuation varies from league to league. What your league’s value in TE is probably diff than how my home league values them. My home league tends to value the RB a bit more heavily than most leagues. I could try to get the deal done and wanted an opinion on it if it were to go down, but thanks for sharing how your league values Pitts.

Thomas Glenn
2 months ago

God this is amazing stuff, props to the chef

Benjamin Cunningham
2 months ago

Russ, this is very good and represents much of what I’ve learned over the years (mostly from DLF). So many people forget that each league has a completely different set of circumstances and values vary widely between all dynasty players. Great observations and experience as well, many of us have learned the hard way that trading away all of the good/great RBs that we get on our teams isn’t always the best strategy.
My only concern is that the use of calculators is turning into a tool that prevents trading, as people use them to justify not taking risks. I have had people quote calculators that show a trade being less than 5% different and say “are you kidding me?” It can hurt a league if too many use calculators literally instead of a directional guide.

Dan Harnack