Dynasty

Choose Your Own Adventure: What do to with a High 2022 First-Rounder

We start exploring our choices with the upcoming rookie draft choices.

We start exploring our choices with the upcoming rookie draft choices.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Choose Your Own Adventure: What do to with a High 2022 First-Rounder
Justin Wellman(@jwellman)
8 days ago

I had 1.02 and traded it away along with Zach Wilson and 2023 1st for Kyler Murray and 3.05 in 12 team SF.

Trade analyzer called it mostly even and I was pushing to win it all but took second. Needed a quality Second QB to pair with Herbert and didn’t want to gamble on 2022 crop or wait until 2023.

I was really liking Burks pre-trade, but felt the trade keeps me in contention long term and avoids the uncertainty of Burks landing spot.

[email protected](@mattdodge40hotmail-com)
7 days ago

I am under the impression this draft is not nearly as good as the 2023 draft. I have three 1st rounders next year (2023), where the RB’s are supposed to be crazy good. I am shopping my 1st rounder this year so I can get another one in 2023. Then bundle some of them up and get two out if the first four picks in 2023. I am even considering trading this year’s pick straight up for a 2023 1st rounder.

Ryan Maldonado(@boileratc)
Reply to  [email protected]
7 days ago

I’m in the same boat and considering this exact same thing. I have 1.02 (from a trade) and my team is young and stacked. I’m considering trading 1.02 2022 for something like Nico Collins and 2023 1st. I’m hoping to have a high pick in 2023 for a stud RB then. Any thoughts on trading these high 2022 picks for 2023 picks?

Drew Elsberry(@Neo)
Reply to  Ryan Maldonado
7 days ago

This is a great question and I’d love to hear the response. Similarly, I have the 1.01.

[email protected](@mattdodge40hotmail-com)
Reply to  Ryan Maldonado
7 days ago

I just have heard the 2023 draft is stacked. I don’t follow college football at all, but I keep reading how good the 2023 draft is, so I am trying to get as many of those picks as I can. Since I won’t have room to keep all four 1st round picks long term (we only keep 10), I will bundle those picks with some hot garbage and get the highest picks I can get.

dgfisher(@dgfisher)
Reply to  [email protected]
6 days ago

I have 3 23 1sts already and have 1.03 this year due to a lot of fluke injuries(Akers, Dobbins, Hockenson, Barkley again, etc) and will do the same and try to get one more 2023 1st. May even trade Barkley and get a 5th if I can.

John Seger(@bennythedog)