Dynasty

What if? 2022 Dynasty Rookie Mock Draft: Round One

Looking ahead to your 2022 rookie drafts? We offer an early look.

Treylon Burks

Looking ahead to your 2022 rookie drafts? We offer an early look.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

What if? 2022 Dynasty Rookie Mock Draft: Round One
4.7 7 votes
5 months ago

Thanks for getting this out! Very cool reading, especially for those us us that are not in the playoffs.

Thomas Jones
5 months ago

Never too early for a mock! Thanks for the info. In one of my 2QB leagues I made a trade last season for what (on paper) looked like a lock to be a back end 2022 1st. My buddy had some hiccups this season and that pick has landed at 1.02, so I’v been agonizing over Burkes or QB depth for weeks, lol. What’s you guys’ “way to early” take on this? I’ve got Murray, Jackson, Lawrence at QB, and the depth has been a little tricky this year. I’ve Got Justin, Jefferson, Lamb, DJM, Bateman, Mooney, and Osborn at WR. When it’s close I usually take the talent. At this moment for me that’s Burks. But If Jackson ends up in the right situation it fixes depth at QB and has scarcity value. Opinions?

Justin Wellman
Reply to  Thomas Jones
4 months ago

I’d go Burks at the 1.02 or top RB if I had it. The QBs this year are too much of a gamble, especially since they are expected to be a drop off from last years crop.

Travis Marshall
5 months ago

Im in only superflex leagues, theres no way that many qbs go in the first. This class is no where near last years or 2018. Running backs all need moved up.

alberta howard
5 months ago

I just finished up a major rebuild and now the primary players on my start 1 QB ,14 owners, dynasty team are:

QB Prescott

RB Cam Akers (this is the position I need to build) The rest of my running backs are mostly young players with some possible upside like Eno Benjamin, Duke Johnson, Mack, Penny, Ke’Shawn Vaughn)

WR Jefferson, Gallup, Waddle, ARSB

TE Schultz

I’ve made enough trades this season to earn three 2022 first round draft picks. Only problem is the teams I traded with ended up having pretty good seasons. So my 2022 rookie draft picks are as follows:
1.08, 1.09, 1.13, and 2.04
Do you think I should perhaps try to perhaps package all three of my first round picks to try to move up into the top three picks of round one this year? Or do you think I should perhaps trade these picks for 2023 rookie first round picks?
Or do you think I should just use my current draft picks as is and hope for the best?
Considering I am one good RB from competing for a championship now (assuming that Cam Akers successfully returns) what is the smart move?
All opinions appreciated.

Justin Wellman
Reply to  alberta howard
4 months ago

I wouldn’t trade all of those picks away for one. At most, I would only use the 1.13 and 2.04 to move up a little, if you have any takers. There is no certainty of hitting on an early pick and I honestly feel that your RB cupboard needs more help than one guy. Akers returning to form from an Achilles isn’t a sure thing and you need to stock up.

Last edited 4 months ago by Justin Wellman