Dynasty

Lineup Advice: Week Six

Have a tough lineup decision or need a second opinion? We’re here for you!

2021 Lineup Advice – PLEASE READ before posting To our knowledge, DLF is the only fantasy site that answers your specific lineup questions all seventeen weeks of the NFL regular season and into the post-season as well.  It’s just another feature we offer our valued premium subscribers. First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to all our premium members who support what DLF is doing here.  Without you, we wouldn’t still be here after 15 years!  There’s just far too much work and time involved in running a site like this and your support aids us tremendously by giving us the ability to attract and retain the best dynasty writers in the business.  Beyond that, it allows for solid hosting, tools, utilities, development, podcasts and the delivery mechanisms to get all that content to you.  Thank you again! If you’re not a subscriber but use the DLF Forums, or have been interested in what we’re all about, there’s no time like now to give us a try.  I can personally guarantee you’ll be hard pressed to find another business, let alone one on the Internet, which cares about its members more and focuses on its value proposition like DLF.  That’s a personal commitment, to each of you, which has guided us from day-one!  We strive to keep our prices low so everyone can afford one of our membership options and, again, we can’t do what we do without YOU! 2021 Lineup Advice From the first year we started offering “personalized” lineup advice to DLF members each and every week of the NFL season, our membership has grown many fold.  It’s no longer a simple or quick process. Simply put, I wouldn’t have it any other way!  It’s part of our value proposition to each of you and, most importantly, it’s one of the ways I get to know our members individually.  Interfacing with each of you is what makes what we’re doing here so special, and we very much hope you see and enjoy that difference.  We’re a unicorn in the fantasy space. But our growing membership base is forcing me to make a few changes to ensure I can keep up with the volume and still provide the quality input you’ve come to expect.  Rare are the questions which I can simply “pop off” an answer to.  With each one, I research up to seven different variables to arrive at my response and that takes time. Please see below for my notes concerning this service for 2021.  I ask that you read them and hold to them toward helping me help more of you.  And, perhaps, helping me to keep my sanity. IMPORTANT NOTES • NEW: Please limit your text and questions.  DLF's growth has been tremendous. Long (story) questions or questions involving multiple players and positions take a ton of time and I'm genuinely concerned about my ability to provide quality and timely advice.  I would love to be able to answer the old questions of old, but there just won't be that much time. Please limit, in any way possible, your questions. I'm trying very hard to not limit questions to one per individual.  • IMPORTANT:  If any of your questions involve players who play on Thursday night, please put "TNF" on the first line by itself at the top of your question. • If at all possible, please don’t submit your question until AFTER the Thursday night game, unless it involves a player playing on Thursday night.  This allows me to concentrate on the TNF game first while also allowing more time for injury news from the previous week.  Because of the popularity, I answer questions as they come in and much can change in a few days. • Because of our comment system, it’s VERY easy to miss your response(s) to my advice.  I don’t get alerts to new questions or responses you make to my response to you.  I have to physically scroll from top to bottom each time to look for responses.  Depending on the number of questions each week, I may miss any response to my advice.  When in doubt, make a new entry at the bottom and reference your earlier question if needed. • Scoring System – Let me know if your league is PPR, non-PPR, etc. or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect the advice. • I always like to see what YOU are thinking on your question(s) first. On those “coin-flip” plays, as I call them, knowing which way you are leaning helps me. • My crystal ball isn’t perfect and I can assure you I “feel” any advice which ends up being incorrect.  I do often go back and check my last week’s advice.  I’m very proud of my track record and like to think I’m more accurate than the “Magic 8-Ball” approach but, in the end, it’s only an guess.  An educated guess, but still only a guess.  Go easy on me.  I’m hard enough on me for both of us. • I cannot be the coach of your team and all advice is just that:  “advice."  Ultimately, the decision is yours to make and you should always be fully accountable to that.  Look to me as that little person on your shoulder chiming in with his thoughts. • Do NOT wait until game-day to ask your questions.  Life here at DLF can be very busy as is my life away from DLF.  Waiting until game day runs the risk of not getting a response.  I always make an attempt to check before kick-off on game day, but I can’t guarantee it.  It’s always best to give me at least 24 hours. • It’s not uncommon for me to answer questions out of order due to injury status of a mentioned player, players who play earlier in the week or any number of other reasons.  If it looks like I’ve skipped you, I likely have  saved you for later until I have more information.  It’s also possible your question is too long and I’m prioritizing other more easily answered questions.  Brief questions always get priority as I can answer more of them quickly. • I rarely answer questions after kick-off of the first games on Sunday.   I often am away to watch the games and can’t guarantee I will/can check.  If I’m available and able, I do try to check in. • HAVE FUN!  I so enjoy interfacing with each of you and look forward to  your comments to my advice while following along with how your team is performing. This game has a lot to offer us die-hard fans, so don’t let its twists and turns, injuries and/or run of bad luck remove any of the enjoyment.  Win or lose, there’s always next week or next year! Good luck this year.  Fortune favors the bold – but there’s no substitute for preparation.  Now, let’s go have some fun!

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Lineup Advice: Week Six
Dale Norwood
7 days ago

TNF
Hey Jeff, first out of the gate this week.
PPR, A. Brown did me a solid this week, but him, Toney, Meyers, Marquise Brown or Booker in my Flex spot? Got Mike Williams and D. Adams as my starting WR.

I am leaning one of the Brown’s. Still don’t trust Meyers and not sure Toney can repeat.

Thanks!!

Ashley Moser
7 days ago

1/2 point PPR
Which THREE
Sutton, Hollywood Brown, Nuk, DJ Moore?
Wondering if the days of set it and forget it with Nuk are gone and if they have arrived with Hollywood.

jeff wieland
7 days ago

TNF
Hey Jeff, 1/2 point ppr, Pitts and Gronk out this week, I have Brate; Njoku, Arnold, Seals-Jones and Allie-Cox available on waivers. Need a TE

michael.akanji
7 days ago

TNF
PPR, Superflex, I need to choose between Miles Sanders, Latavius Murray and Nyheim Hines for my final flex spot. Amon-ra St. Brown is also an option for that spot, I guess. I hate injuries and bye-weeks 🙁
Thanks man

Kris H
7 days ago

TNF – 10 team: 0.5 PPR w/ Standard Scoring.
Need 3 of the 5 WRs:
K Allen @ BAL, M Evans @ PHI, D Hopkins @ CLE, C Lamb @ NEP and DJ Moore vs MIN.
First thoughts are Hopkins, Moore and Evans…assuming Gronk is out. Not sure who New England will try to shadow against Dallas and Allen as he has been the lowest producing WR of the bunch.
Thanks in advance

Travis Steffey
7 days ago

Hey Jeff, 12 team .5 thinking of blowing it up sitting at 2-8 and 2nd to last in pts..offered chubb for Jacobs, 2022 1st, 2023 1st and he countered with akers and the picks. your thoughts on akers and do you like this trade for me or do I push for Jacobs?

Last edited 7 days ago by Travis Steffey
KEN RICHARDSON
7 days ago

full PPR
need 2 – Manny Sanders, Shenault, Renfrow & Allen Robinson?

KEN RICHARDSON
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
6 days ago

thank you for the direction. I’m with you as well about not loving the plays. gotta love season long leagues…

Gregory Massa
7 days ago

Morning Jeff,
Flex play, PPR…
AJ Brown, Zack Moss, or Kadarius Toney
Am I crazy for thinking I should bench Brown? Moss seems to be grabbing hold of the RB1 in Buff, Toney seems likely to be the guy in NY for now. Brown has been wildly inconsistent.
What do you think?

Cody Bunting
6 days ago

1 point PPR
In big trouble with byes/and CEH going down

Need a RB out of

full PPR
Godwin Thurs vs PHI
or Pittman vs HOU

Dale Norwood
6 days ago

Next Question:

PPR. Which two from these RB’s?

Darrell Williams
D. Booker
Damien Williams

I am leaning both Williams. Worried that the Giants are going to get way behind and LAR will make Glennon pass and shutdown Booker.

Patrick Hanley
6 days ago

TNF
Hey Jeff, thanks for your insight as usual, love this site & service! (standard scoring)

WR – Pick 2
* M Evans @ Phi (TNF)
* J Jefferson @ Car
* DJ Moore Hm vs Min
* T McLaurin Hm vs KC

(I typically roll with DJ & Jefferson, but this week seems especially challenging to decipher, leaning more Jefferson & McLaurin)
Thanks again

Jobie Germano
6 days ago

TNF non-PPR CBS standard scoring

Hey Jeff, I have a QB and WR question today:

WR: AB (TNF) @ PHI or Woods @ NYG

QB: Dak @ NE or Stafford @ NYG

I’m leaning Dak and Woods. I have solid point expectations from my other positions so I don’t *need* to stack Stafford/Woods and hope boom or bust, but the more points the better as my opponent has a solid team too.

Thank you as always!!

Jobie Germano
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
5 days ago

I forgot to add into the mix how AB will want the ball in a prime time game. That might sway me to start him over Woods and yea, glad we agree on Dak even if Stafford is projected a little higher. Thanks again!

Don T
6 days ago

FLEX 1PT PPR
Mike Evans
Darrell Henderson
Stefon Diggs
Pick 2

Travis Steffey
6 days ago

hey jeff just a question about your dynasty rankings..i see you have Dallas Goedert ranked well ahead of Noah Fant. I own both and was looking for some insight on that ranking. thanks

Jon Souliere
6 days ago

TNF
.5 PPR. Pick 1: Mixon or Godwin?
Leaning Mixon due to the match up and the positive practice reports. I love Godwin’s consistently high floor, but am reluctant to play him on a short week. Thanks for your advice!

mrossi212
6 days ago

TNF question??
Do you trust Brady with the hand injury vs. Philly or do you start Dak vs. NE?
Thanks in advance my man!

Brad Fleck
5 days ago

1 pt PPR league. Start one in flex position Courtland Sutton , Emmanuel Sanders or K Toney?

Dan Ensor

12 Team PPR Dynasty
Start – 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
Pick 4: Can’t decide to go with 2 RB and 2 WR or 1RB and 3WR.
EZEKIEL ELLIOTT, NAJEE HARRIS, JA’MARR CHASE, DIONTAE JOHNSON, CEEDEE LAMB, TERRY MCLAURIN, RONDALE MOORE, JAYLEN WADDLE
Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Zach Palmer

PPR
JD McKissic or Tee Higgins?

Dale Norwood

TNF
Jeff, you advised A Brown over Hollywood Brown on Tuesday. You still have see AB’s high ceiling the play this week?

Dale Norwood

One more:)

PPR Hockenson or Dalton Schultz? Last 2 weeks TJ has killed me.

John Luetzow
5 days ago

8 team ppr should I start Marvin Jones or Woods at WR?

NatiTime

Pick 2 PPR. AB vs Fournette vs Devonta Smith vs Darrel Williams

Johnny D
5 days ago

sounds crazy, but would you start Fournette over Cook/Mattison this week or hope one of Cook/Mattison are clear starter on Sunday? Fournette’s Thursday nite game makes it tough. Neither Cook nor Mattison are healthy now and Lenny’s been hot. Danka.

Last edited 5 days ago by Johnny D
Johnny D
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
5 days ago

great thank you. sorry abt missing tnf. my bad.

BigDee
5 days ago

Hey Jeff, Awesome Column & great advice.
PPR – 1QB – Should I Start Matthew Stafford or Taylor Heinicke ??
Thanks again for the advice

John Luetzow
5 days ago

2 12 team leagues ppr League one Waller or Knox at TE; League Two Hockenson or Knox

dcragel
4 days ago

Kadarius Toney or Tyler Boyd?
Kadarius ‘s ceiling is very appealing, and Boyd’s involvement in offense is concerning due to Chase being obvious #1.

Ashley Moser
4 days ago

Chuba or Sutton in a 1/2 PPR Flex spot?

Evan Overholt
4 days ago

0.5 PPR
Need one of the following for my flex:
Theilen, Gaskin, or Julio?
A couple of considerations: 1) my opponent is starting K. Cousins at QB and 2) I’m already playing AJB at WR so not sure I love the idea of both TEN receivers going against BUF. Thoughts? Thanks!

Steve Reyland
4 days ago

Hi Jeff,
Standard 1 pt PPR superflex scoring.
Need advice on a couple RBs. The choices are not great.
Jacobs @ Broncos Did well against them last year. This year the run D is pretty tough. What does the ousting of Gruden do? Jacobs was Gruden’s guy.
Mixon @ Lions he’s a little banged up.
Hubbard vs Vikings Maybe if McCaffery is out?
Also McKissic vs Chiefs and Jamaal Williams vs Bengals.
Thanks

Travis Steffey
4 days ago

hey Jeff thanks for the trade advice on chubb earlier this week, was able to flip him, rodgers and a 22 3rd for akers, burrow, 22 1st and 23 1st. Next up is CEH (sigh), I was thinking of pairing him with Shenault and offering them up for Dobbins and a 23 1st and go from there. My question being is it to early to give up on CEH and/or to much of a risk to roll the dice on both akers and dobbins post injury next year. If that trade was accepted that would leave me with 2 1st next year and 3 in 23 but my top rbs would be Dobbins, Akers and Dillon. thank you as always sir

Jamie Horton
4 days ago

Hey Jeff, seeking your advice for 1QB PPR League
Who do start in the flex?
Alex Collins
James Conner
Zack Moss
Tyler Boyd

Thanks as always

Jamie

James Richardson
4 days ago

Hello Jeff…Booker or Javonte Williams in half PPR?
Thanks.

Stephen Atkinson
4 days ago

Hi Kemo,
Week 5 was great! Went into Monday night nicely ahead in three leagues and found myself facing Hollywood/Andrews in two of them and Hollywood/JTaylor in the other. I think you know what happened…. It’s a new week and as usual lots of tough decisions. It’s got to improve, right?
PPR
1) Four DST questions – Panthers/ Rams? Panthers/Colts? Panthers/Steelers? Bills/Steelers?
2) Cousins @ Car or Burrow @ Detr on Sunday?
3) Lost Chubb today. Starting JRob in London as my #1 but need a #2 RB from Bolden, Michel, TySon Williams, and any other warm body from waivers Sunday AM.
4) Need three WR’s from AJB, Julio (vs Bills DST), Kirk, Beasley, Hardman, Cobb, adn DJax.
Appreciate your insight as always.

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Stephen Atkinson
4 days ago

Sorry – One more DST matchup – Cowboys/Steelers?

mrossi212
4 days ago

What’s good Jeff? I have one for you this week!
Non PPR and you gotta choose one of the three.
Allen Robinson vs. GB?
Laviska Shenault vs. Mia?
Tyler Boyd vs. Det?
Thanks in advance.

Patrick Wheeler
3 days ago

Hey Jeff,
I’m in a 10 team Superflex full PPR
I’m trying to decide between Cooper,Pittman or Cooks. I’m also trying to decide if I should start two of them in favor of Goff. I may need to error on the side of upside potential as my opponent this week had a big Thursday starting Fournette and Brown.

Thank you!

Casey McGrath
3 days ago

12 team. 1pt ppr.

Starting 2 RBs
Taylor
James Robinson

3 WRs:
Jefferson
J chase
Mike Williams

I have 1 more flex spot to fill.

Hopkins, K Hunt, and Claypool.

I guess I have to lean Hopkins, but they’ve been spreading the ball so much I’m so close to starting one of the other two. If Mike Williams out I’d need two suggestions. Guess this is a good problem to have. Thanks!!

Stephen Atkinson
3 days ago

Thanks for the DST thoughts earlier. I’ll look for Deejay on waivers tonight but was also able to pick up Penny in my “fun” (not-$$) leagues since if he’s healthy, a big if I know, he might be off IR next week. I’ve got Jeudy, Gallup, Michael Thomas, Kittle, and Jeff Wilson all hopefully coming off IR in the next 2 weeks on teams that are 1-4 or 2-3 now so there’s a bit of hope ahead.
Trying to replace Wilson at QB for the next few weeks. Losing him dropped me to 4-1 there. I picked up Darnold on FA yesterday but concerned a bit with the Vikes DST and sack rate. This league only has five bench slots so I don’t have the room to stash extra QB’s.
Available right now are Cousins (bye week 7), Wentz, Bridgewater, Geno, along with Winston on his bye week now. Other than streaming someone new each week based on the matchup, any thoughts on the best fit from those I’ve mentioned for the next few games?

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
3 days ago

Jim Rees
3 days ago

Hello! Single QB, full point PPR. Starting Josh Allen, Swift, Jefferson, and Sutton. Need one TE and two flex from the following:

• TJ Hockenson vs Cincy
  • Dawson Knox at Tennessee
  • Chase Edmonds at Cleveland
  • Alex Collins at Pittsburgh
  • Latavius Murray vs LA Chargers
  • Christian Kirk at Cleveland
  • Antonio Gibson vs Kansas City (have to bring up from my taxi, though)

Leaning Hockenson at TE. Although Knox is tempting given Hockenson’s performance lately and injury. Then leaning Edmonds and bringing up Gibson. Thoughts? And, even if Gibson is your recommendation, who would you play over him, if I don’t want to bring him up from taxi? Thanks!

Marcel Pearl
3 days ago

PPR.
For my Flex. Dalton Schultz, Javonte Williams or Alex Collins?

I haven’t brought Javonte off my taxi squad yet. schultz is there now and was good to me last week. I don’t know how good Alex Collins is

James Richardson
3 days ago

Half PPR…Sterling Shepard or Jakobi Meyers?
Thanks as always Jeff.

Stephen Atkinson
3 days ago

Regarding that earlier QB fill-in for Wilson – yes Cousins is still available. I can pick him up and drop Darnold if necessary. I also like bridge going forward if he gets some healthy WR’s back around him.
PPR
1) Kamara on his bye. Need a #2 RB from Latavius Murray, Jamaal W (inj?), Bolden, or McKinnon who I just picked up on waivers. Leaning McKinnon but not sure since it’s week one without CEH.
2) Need a third WR from Agholor, Beasley (Sanders not helping there), Cobb, or James Washington also new on my waiver pickups. Thinking Cobb or Washington there.
3) We talked DST’s earlier. Would love to know your thoughts on leagues dropping DST’s as I did in a couple of my leagues where I’m the LM. Trying to improve on 4-1, I need every bit of help I can get this week. Currently I have the Cowboys DST vs the Pats but Carolina is available on very early BB waivers tomorrow morning. I would have to drop Dallas anyway since they’re on their bye next week, so I’m thinking about just trying to get Carolina a bit early since they have some nice matchups over the next few weeks. Play Dallas now and try to put in a winning bid on Wednesday for the Panthers or go for Carolina in the morning? Don’t think I’ve got the roster spot to keep both. Thx.

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Stephen Atkinson
3 days ago

QB wise – I also have Tua who was in an IR slot who by league rules now has to be moved up onto my active roster if I want to access waivers tonight or in the morning.

Dale Norwood
3 days ago

Jeff,

PPR. Now that CMC is on IR, which 2 RB’s in my Vampire League.
Hubbard
Booker
K.Herbert
Darrell Williams

I am leaning Hubbard and Darrell Williams but Herbert is it enticing. After my last question, I am warming up on Booker as well

Stephen Atkinson
3 days ago

On an earlier question, my caffeine excess cut in and I listed two #2 inquiries and second one was missed due to my “math”error.
2) Starting Kupp and Hollywood at WR1 and WR2. Need a third WR plus two flex from Marvin Jones, Waddle, Renfrow, St. Brown, Agholor, and Washington. Also have Jamaal Williams but think he’s a GTD. Leaning the first three as of now. Marvin’s been a bit of a concern lately and London games scare me but my options are limited as you can see. The early game time with me out west is fun.
Thanks again for all of your help. Good luck.

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
2 days ago

Thanks. And an early good morning to you.

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Stephen Atkinson
2 days ago

Starting Cook, Swift, and Henderson already. Flex Edmonds or Moss in the late game?

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
2 days ago

If you stop back, good luck today. London actually went well for me with JRob, Waddle, MarvinJ, and Gesicki all doing well. Can only hope that continues elsewhere. Not sure yet on Edmonds/Moss decision. If I don’t play Edmonds in the late afternoon game, Moss will go in for Monday night. I know I have AJB plugged in already but I have some weird gut felling about Julio doing well. I’ll see where I stand in my matchup at that point and if I need to go bonkers for a chance to win. Thanks Kemo.

Stephen Atkinson
Reply to  Stephen Atkinson
2 days ago

Was thinking about flexing Julio instead of Moss/Edmonds but AJB has suddenly been downgraded to questionable with an “illness”. Julio is now my AJB insurance I guess.