Dynasty

Final Stretch: Interactive Q&A

You have questions, I have answers!

DLF is the oldest and largest dynasty-centric site on the planet.  Don’t believe anything you may have seen elsewhere.  We’ve been around since 2006 and it’s so gratifying to interact with members from all over the world.  Just this past off-season I’ve exchanged messages with members from Brazil, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Iceland, Scotland, England, Mexico, Canada and others.  My interaction with our community has always been my favorite part of our 15 year journey here at DLF.  It is the relationship we build with each one you that makes what we do so special.

My “Lineup Advice” article runs each week during the regular season and has become our most interactive, one-to-one interface, article to date and it keeps growing in popularity year-over-year.  It’s getting tougher and tougher to get through all the questions each week due to the popularity, but I remain committed to it.  Every question gets a response, every week.  Some redraft players subscribe to DLF solely for this in-season article.

As I write this, the regular season is a week and a half away.  All that hard work we’ve done over the off-season will playout out on the gridiron.  We’ve already seen some painful losses and more are sure to follow.  Hopefully you are all using my two favorite tools, the Trade Analyzer and the myDLF integration with our rankings and ADP which synchs with most of the popular league hosts to make fine tuning your dynasty team so much easier.  I use these every day with all of my leagues!  If you don’t, you’re missing out on two of the primary benefits of the DLF Premium membership.  And there’s so much more in the pipeline and on our design board.

If you’re looking for a way to get a FREE year of DLF, check out our partnership with Monkey Knife Fight.  Their games are great and so fun to play, you owe it to yourself to check them out.  The FREE year of DLF is just an added bonus.  Even if you aren’t looking to pay for a service to help be more competitive in your league, join our free forum here.  Over 20,000 hard-nosed dynasty fans, veterans and rookies alike, all sharing information about our favorite past time.  Join in today!

Now that we’re in the home stretch with only a few short days to go, I’m here to answer any questions you have.  Dynasty, redraft, fantasy ping-pong?  Nothing is off-limits.

Let’s hit it ….

Jeff Haverlack
Final Stretch: Interactive Q&A
Cory Ables
1 year ago

For an RBs needy team, trade 22’ mid 2nd for Zack Moss?

William Morrison

Hi Jeff! Thanks for always doing this 🙂

Two quick ones I hope: why on one hand are a lot of analysts saying that Kylen Granson is a major sleeper by being the pass catching heir apparent on the second-heaviest TE passing offense while, on the other hand, he’s mostly going unranked in dynasty circles?

Also, thoughts on Juwan Johnson being the “real thing” in NO? Like, future Jimmy Graham/Jared Cook-role real?

Which of the two would you stash in non-PPR (non-TE prem)?

Thanks!
Wil

William Morrison
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

You just saved me committing (yet another) waiver foul in an hour! Thanks a ton, Jeff

joonya
1 year ago

What’s the play on Jimmy G in Superflex. Hold and hope for some value elsewhere? Sell for scrap to a QB needy team?

Spencer Finney
1 year ago

How are you valuing some of these young RBs who were good prospects seemingly set for big years but hadn’t fully broken out yet? (Akers, Dobbins, Etienne) Know it might depend on the type of injury, just don’t know how much risk there is in them coming back into a timeshare next year.

Dale Norwood

Jeff,
Excited about another season and your assistance. Really appreciate what you do.
So my 10 team, PPR, SF league that I started in 1986 has our draft this Thursday
I am keeping Chubb for free. No round cost. For my second keeper, options are as follows:
Lamb for 10th round, Tua for 7th, McLaurin for 7th, Diontae for 9th. I am leaning CeeDee. Thoughts?
To add context, I traded my 1.07 and 3.07 Pick for 1.01 and 10.01. I plan to take Mahomes who will be available at 1.01. My next pick is 2.04 and the following will likely be available.
R. Wilson, Mixon, DK Metcalf, Carson, Harris, AJ Brown, Brady, Waller, Kittle, McLaurin
Without a third round pick I see my second round pick as a make or break
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Dale Norwood
Reply to  Dale Norwood
1 year ago

Also, we can keep players for two years

Dale Norwood
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Awesome. As always thanks so much!

Douglas Dischler

Hi Jeff,
pretty much a long time/first time. I appreciate the analysis parts of the site and the work you all put in (and, all the work we as fans put in too really).
Where would you put Edwards value in a 10 team, .5 ppr SF league? I’m not loaded at RB, but I’ve got some value on my roster at the position. Fortunate enough to have both Robinson and Edwards at the moment. I have some value at WR, but feel I could use more depth there. I don’t have a real stud at the position, with 2 strong #2 type players, but I’m pretty well covered enough elsewhere to focus on the WR spot.

Steven Munger
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

I was able to trade Edwards for a 2022 1st (likely late round) yesterday to the Dobbins owner who sees his contending window closing (he came in 2nd last year, but had traded all his 2021 picks, so added no rookies, and also lost Watson this year). I was surprised he did it, but the situation was right, I guess. Hopefully you have similar good fortune.

Lee Feinstein

How much of a $100 FAAB budget would you throw at Ty’Son Willimans

Lee Feinstein
Reply to  Lee Feinstein

Also Jemar Jefferson

Brian Chmiel
1 year ago

Hi Jeff, I was presented with a trade. I give a late 2022 first-round pick and Julio Jones for DJM.

steven manies

Hello Jeff,
I have a good bench of WR’s, behind Davante Adams and Stefon Diggs, in my standard scoring dynasty league of 20+ years.
Who do you think will emerge as my WR 3 this season?
The WR’s include Gabriel Davis, Mecole Hardman, Dee Eskridge, Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Quintez Cephus, Devin Duvernay, and Tyron Johnson.
Also, any thoughts on Saints’ RB Tony Jones, Jr. and WFT’s Jaret Patterson?
Much thanks,
Steven

steven manies
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks, Jeff!
Your opinion is valued and I remain a big fan of DLF and all it’s diverse points-of-view!
I have found that DLF gives me an edge in my dynasty league. Few of my competitors can compete with the me when it comes to acquiring the below radar talents of the likes of Phillip Lindsay, James Robinson, and hopefully this year’s UDFA wonder, Jaret Patterson. The WFT just released Peyton Barber, so he’s made the final roster.
I’m also excited by Saints’ RB Tony Jones, Jr. and Colts’ WR Mike Strachan, both players I got off the waiver wire. Don’t sleep on these players and find a place to stash them on the end of your dynasty roster.
Steven

dnards
1 year ago

These are the best, thanks for doing it again Jeff! If you’re rebuilding in a SF dynasty, is it better to hold Darnold or sell him for as much as possible right now. For context, I have burrow, fields and 10 first round picks the next two years (in a 10 man league).

dnards
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

This is a fantastic take on this! It makes complete sense to hold on Sam, I also drafted him in the 13th round so it’s not much of a loss if he doesn’t hit. I’ve built a solid WR core so far of Moore, Higgins, Johnson and Bateman, with J Will, Akers (fingers crossed) and Sermon, with Hock for TE. And I’m definitely planning on doing a little shopping with those picks once guys finally realize they’re not in it and start selling, but right now everyone’s going for it apparently. If it goes well it should be a solid team in 2 years.

Thanks Jeff!

Jay Lee
1 year ago

You’ve helped me before, so you can add New Zealand to the list!
Here’s a fun debate: what is Gus Edwards value this year to a contender? SF or 1QB, lets assume 0.5 PPR just to spice it

Gmurda36
1 year ago

As always, appreciate the advice.
Which RB should I pull up from my taxi squad, Swift or Sanders?
SF, non ppr

Scott Wagner
1 year ago

You mentioned Etienne had to have a screw inserted. Does that cause you to worry about his long term future more? Lis franc injuries seem to be tough to come back from.

davieglove34

Hi Jeff-
I’m in a 10-team, 1-QB, .5-ppr dynasty league. I’m currently stuck trying to figure out what to do with my team. I’m stacked at WR, lead by Justin Jefferson, McLaurin, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, OBJ & Shenault, but pretty iffy at RB: Carson & Gaskin are my top-2. I’ve tried flipping a WR for a RB, but had no bites, so my question is, am I strong enough with this group to make a run, maybe try to make a mid-season trade for a RB, or do I explore offloading aging players like Evans/Cooper/Carson for picks and reload?

davieglove34
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Thanks Jeff! I’m currently talking to the Aaron Jones/Zeke owner about sending Cooper and Gaskin for one of them

Thomas Jones
1 year ago

Hey Jeff! One of my leagues cuts down to 25 tomorrow, and I’ve got a bit of a logjam at the bottom. It’s a 12 Team 2QB .5PPR league, and my team is contending, but very young, and pretty well balanced. I have to cut four players out from (in no particular order) Tony Jones Jr., Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.J. Taylor, Noah Gray, Jaret Patterson, Marlon Mack Adam Trautman & Zack Moss. I own Antonio Gibson and Jonathan Taylor, so Patterson and Mack have mild insurance appeal. Thanks as always!

Last edited 1 year ago by Thomas Jones
Nflnz
1 year ago

Hi Jeff, a couple trades..

Rebuilding team, trade Mixon for Dobbins & MR?

Contending team, trade Edmonds, Hunt, Irv Smith, 22 1st for Sutton & Robinson

Nflnz
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Thanks, sorry it was meant to be MT (Michael Thomas)

Steve Petersen
1 year ago

Thanks for all your help Jeff, you have helped turn my team around in just 1-2 short years. Unfortunately I have lost Dobbins. I made a big move to draft Javonte Williams this year. I have J. Connor & Darrynton Evans. I had little money to spend from other needs & thought my RB room was sufficient. I ended up getting M. Ingram & Phillip Lindsey. on the cheap. Wondering your thought on these 2. I’m also big on Khlil Herbert. I’m gonna pick him up on waivers…… thoughts on his future with Chicago?

Thanks Jeff

Michael Faber
1 year ago

Hey Jeff, always appreciate the advice.
I tanked my startup draft 3 years ago (busted on picked 2-11) and have been rebuilding ever since. I finally feel like I am in a position to make a push and contend. I’m concerned about my depth though. Do I just roll as-is and look to make a mid-season trade based on how things unfold (likely involving my ’22 picks as I have all of mine) or is there opportunity to make some sneaky move now? Everyone in my league hates Sanders and Bateman so I likely won’t get close to full value for either player. Very general question but any insight would help. Dynasty 12TM Half PPR 1QB
QB: Ryan, Tua, D. Jones
RB: Swift, Sanders, CEH, J. White, J. Jackson
WR: Hopkins, Julio, McLaurin, DJM, Shepard, Pringle, Meyers, Bateman, Dyami, Palmer, Cobb, Collins, Darden
TE: Fant, Henry, Firsker

Chris Madden
1 year ago

I have a team in a 10 team .5 ppr idp contract league that is a serious contender to repeat.

I came away from our FA auction with a lot of RB depth. I don’t have any glaring holes in my lineup, with at least 1 top 5 player at every position, including on defense. Would selling depth halfway through the year be a bad idea? I know, there’s never enough RB depth, but I was thinking IF things are looking alright mid season, I could move one of the guys on a 1yr deal and maybe a later pick for 2 years of Dobbins or Akers on the back end of their rookie deals. Thoughts?

S. Barkley (4yrs)
C. Edwards-Helaire(3)
J. Jacobs(4)
D. Henderson (1)
M. Davis (1)
T. Pollard (2)
Z. Moss (3)
AJ Dillon (3)
C. Hyde (1)
D. Williams (1)
T. Etienne (4)

Chris Beals
1 year ago

Currently picking 1.05 and 1.07 in my rookie draft. looking at getting Devonta smith with the 5th and then either Waddle or Sermon at 1.07. I had JK Dobbins but now only have monty and sanders, with a bunch of back ups. I find it hard to pass on Waddle? any thoughts would be wonderful.
Further insight:
RBS: Monty, Dobbins, Sander, pollard, scott, and mckissic
WRS: Ridley, Higgins, Odell, Boyd, Landry, reagor, and kirk

Chris Beals
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Thank you for the time Jeff. Think I’m going to go for smith and sermon. Have deshaun watson or would enjoy Lawrence

Garrett Sperlbaum
1 year ago

Hi Jeff – always looking for player value in right “buy low” opportunities. Have an owner who lost both Akers and Dobbins this year to injury with a “win now” roster. I prefer Dobbins long term outlook better with the ACL, with that said – what would you consider fair value? I am deep at receiver, so was thinking of offering a future pick plus a Mike Williams receiver type as he needs WR help?

MW + a 3, or a 2022 2 too much? This is in a 10 team PPR superflex league. Have acquired some great young talent depth, so am in a good spot to continue playing for now AND in the future. Curious as to what you think Dobbin’s current trade value is.

Thx!
Garrett

Trey Reece

Hey Jeff,

It’s all about the running backs. With the Etienne injury and Mac being a starter, I find myself in a win now window.

Simply put, would you make a move for an RB1 or simply wait and see who breaks out? My other positions are stacked.
JRob, Damien Harris, Javonte, Sermon

Also, being new to dynasty this year, how would you attack FAAB budgets early (newbie here, as well) when putting offers in for Ty Johnson and Ty’son, respectively? $200 for the year. Figure it’s best to target early with deep rosters and a shallow wire. 48 and 26 was the initial thought.

Thanks,
Trey

BigDee
1 year ago

Great article Jeff, thanks for doing this. My question is of these two young TE’s Cole Kmet & Juwan Johnson how would you rate them? both are on the wavier wire in my league and I’m looking to P/U one of them. Thanks

Last edited 1 year ago by BigDee
BigDee
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Thanks Jeff, I was leaning towards Kmet since his QB has a tendency to throw to his TE’s. I just picked him up.

Wendell Bera
1 year ago

Thought I had a contender until I lost ETN/Dobbs, just curious as how you would rank these rb’s. Ollison, TySon/Hill, Snell/McFarland and Patterson?

Dale Norwood

Jeff
Just finished our 10 Team PPR draft. I am light at RB but wanted to ask you about a potential trade that I have with an Owner.
We start 1 RB (I know don’t shoot the messenger, the commish will not add a second RB), 1 WR, 2 WR/RB and 1 Flex.
I would start:
RB Chubb, WR Justin Jefferson, WR/RB Lamb, WR/RB Jeudy, Flex J. Chase
My bench is Sermon and James White at RB and M Callaway and Pittman at WR.
The potential trade is I send him Jeudy for Josh Jacobs. I would put Jacob’s in the WR/RB spot for Jeudy.
Would love your thoughts.
thanks

Dale Norwood
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Love it. Thanks so much

Josh3119
1 year ago

TE needy: Trade Rogers for Matt Ryan, Logan Thomas, and Drew Lock?

Josh3119
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 year ago

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it!