Dynasty

Dynasty Interactive Q&A

Have a dynasty question or looking for a second opinion? You ask, we answer!

Have a dynasty question or looking for a second opinion? You ask, we answer!

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Dynasty Interactive Q&A
STEVEN PAYNE
1 month ago

Hey Jeff… unsurprisingly I have a Cam Akers question to start you off with. I was absolutely all-in this year, my RBs are Cook, Akers (cough), Harris and Dobbins, with AJ Dillon and Mattison backing up. I have no 2022 picks to offer for another RB, so do you think I’m OK to roll with those guys, or should I be offering one of my WR’s to get some additional RB cover? I have Jefferson, Woods, Higgins, Claypool, Corey Davis and Fuller to play with. 12-team, full PPR. Thanks!

Richard Thomas
1 month ago

Any sense of what Aaron Rodgers will really do? Now Adams has broken off talks. I own him in a Superflex, and hope he doesn’t just retire. GB really seems to be screwing this up. Pay him (and Adams) and get him WR/TE help or trade him for a ton.

Gerald White
1 month ago

Do you think I am crazy for not excepting a trade for DeAndre Nuke Hopkins, in which I would be giving up Terry McLaurin? I don’t think so but everyone else seems to think I’d be dumb not to take that trade. 10th year of a dynasty league, full PPR, IDP. Your thoughts?

billjenn98
1 month ago

Recent injuries have worked in my favor, but the “trade finder” doesn’t have any trades to give me an idea of market price. What would take for D. Henderson (Akers) and Smith (M. Thomas)?

Austin Sexton
Reply to  billjenn98
1 month ago

I have Smith as well, hold him until he has that one big game then SELL….

dnards
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

What’s the reasonable going rate for someone looking to buy Henderson right now? Someone asked for a 22 first for him but I wavered on it.

Ashley Moser
1 month ago

Hey Jeff! Love the personal interaction and considerationDLF has provided over the years. It’s a big reason I have been coming back and renewing my subscription each year.

Who do you value more in PPR leagues: Gabriel Davis or Darnell Mooney?

I know the Buffalo offense is explosive and Chicago will have a rookie, albeit promising, quarterback at the helm. Both receivers will not be the primary target for their respective teams. However, I think the recent Anthony Miller trade says a lot about how the Bears coaching staff views Mooney.
So who ya got? The potential for high volume in Davis or the big play potential of Mooney?

Last edited 1 month ago by Ashley Moser
Justin Wellman
1 month ago

If Rodgers doesn’t play in GB, how do you view the roll of their run game? More importantly, will AJ Dillon play a bigger part if opponents are stacking the box more.

Massmonic
1 month ago

Hi Jeff. I am in an IDP league and am getting offers that includes offense and defense players. I have turned all of them down so far but I want to be ready if there is one that could help my team. Better yet, how can I make one? Do you have any guidelines on how to analyze these trades?

X1127puck
1 month ago

Standard scoring (with IDP). 11 starting. (14 bench). Starting roster is Mahomes, Taylor, Dobbins, Diggs, Higgins, Gesicki or Tonyan, 2 flex of Swift, and devonta smith or Michael carter.

Spent my first waiver priority (won 2020) on Xavier Jones and picked up Qadree just in case with Arthur Smith. All handcuffs+ are rostered. League is RB dependent. Should I drop Darius Slayton to take a shot at Jake Funk possibly making an impact if Jones doesn’t. I feel Henderson splits (as LA stated committee approach before cam was viewed as 3 down back a few months ago) or breaks by week 6.

What’s your take?

X1127puck
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

Thanks for your time and efforts. Read below, I’d display my name also but not sure how to adjust that lol. Love the site. Forgot to mention I won because I took a gamble by selling Derrick Henry josh jacobs and Todd gurley and ended up with Taylor dobbins and helaire (traded for diggs and carter)and flipping kittle for Swift (pre jamaal). Short story longer, I won last year by following all advice and rankings and trade analyzer aids to get there. Repeat coming 2021. Thanks again!!!

Dale Norwood
1 month ago

Hey Jeff. Love your advice over the last couple years that I have subscribed to DLF. You have helped me win three times in two leagues
Two quick questions

1. 10 Team PPR, super flex. I have #1 overall pick. Keeping Chubb for free and Lamb for round 10 pick. Best RB available will be Barkley. Him or Mahomes? Josh Allen will not be available. Leaning Mahomes since a SF league. Also this league only starts 1 RB. I know crazy rule…..
  2. Second question, I plan to stream DT. Looking for best team in the first 4-5 weeks. Any suggestions?

I still Drink and Know Things😀

Noah Gould
1 month ago

Hey Jeff! I roster Deshaun Watson as my QB2 in 12 team SF PPR league. What’s your outlook on him for the 2021 season, and are you buying/selling/holding Watson at the moment?

Noah Gould
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks Jeff!

Kathryn Naglak
1 month ago

Dynasty League question. I want to trade for Justin Jefferson and offer George Kittle (Hockenson on my roster), Miles Sanders and either Kenny Golladay or Chase Claypool. I have a solid roster but want a 3rd WR to go with AJ Brown and CD Lamb. Would you keep Golladay or Claypool?? I’m concerned about all Steelers for the next few years and yet Golladay could be a bust at NYG.

William Morrison
1 month ago

Hi Jeff, thanks for all the help all along!

Two quick questions: it seems like there’s a better chance every day that Deshaun plays this year while things get sorted out (and probably come to nothing). Are you trading him like he’s basically the Eagles/Dolphins’ QB at this point?

Similarly, my league has a real division about the value of QBs in 2QB dynasty. Personally, I think Fields is worth a combo of Gibson, Aiyuk, and Javonte Williams based on his youth, upside, and scarcity of his position (knowing that those skill position players are MUCH more replaceable). If you agree with this, is there a particularly convincing/easy talking point or article written to bring others around to this way of thinking?

Thank you!
Wil

Last edited 1 month ago by William Morrison
ken conlogue
1 month ago

Howdy Mr, Haverlack! Given your expertise in WR talent/situations, do you think Bryan Edwards has a shot in the Raiders system? Given their clear lack of direction and leadership.

Gmurda36

Hey Jeff
Thanks for doing this.
16 team standard scoring idp league with 4 pt passing td’s

Got the 1.13 pick, looking to target a qb. Which of the 3 do you like the best between Lawrence(who I’m guessing won’t fall that far), fields or lance?

Sitting on Derrick Henry, Monty, Hunt, Swift and sanders. Kicking around the idea of trading sanders for the 1.09 and 1.15 just for a better chance to get the rookie qb I want once I finally decide on a horse.

Justin Kabrick
1 month ago

Hi Jeff, thank you for offering your advice. What is your feeling on Joe Mixon this year? As a contender do I keep him along with Zeke and Barkley or do I sell for a haul as his hype is up?

Justin Kabrick
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

Thanks for the feedback. Current offer is Kareem Hunt, 2021 pick 24 and 2022 1st (probably late). Don’t like the 2021 pick 24 at all and would want to go out into 2023 is my thought if I move him.

Corey LeDrew
1 month ago

Hey Jeff love what you guys do here. Content always makes me think from a different angle or confirm theories. Keep it up! My question is about Bateman. Will he be another good WR held down by a run heavy scheme or are the Ravens starting to change philosophy? Thanks

Craig Lakins
1 month ago

What’s your read on Jalen Hurts? He’s my QB2 in a home SF league that I’m finally competing in, but I’m nervous about his situation. If his questionable job security wasn’t enough, I’m wondering if Philly makes a move for Deshaun Watson. Hurts has a high ceiling and pretty good floor for as long as he’s the starter. Should I hold so I don’t have to give up other valuable assets?

Mehal

Hey Jeff,
I saw the deep sleeper article on Deonte Harris this morning and sounds like he might be worth stashing. My question is would you drop N’Keal Harry or Demarcus Robinson to pick up Harris?

Steven Munger

Hi Jeff,
I’m now doing my third DLF Ultraflex startup (SF/TEP, with no positional requirements though a 2 QB limit). Love the format. It definitely has facilitated trading, and managers can get creative with their builds. But, of course, it is hard to know what the best strategy might be in these new leagues. I’ve seen managers doing heavy TE (nearly half their roster is TEs), heavy RB (hardly a WR in sight), etc. I myself have leaned towards taking one elite TE when the board allows, 2-3 good QBs (plus some long shots), and primarily WRs in the first dozen rounds (in some leagues I’ve been heavy on youth, in others leaned toward more established players). I have two questions. First, do you favor a particular positional strategy in the early part of the draft with these types of settings? And second, what are your recommendations for the later rounds? (Pound upside? Get some less exciting floor plays? Both? Thanks very much!

Seth Witmer
1 month ago

The best I can get for Akers is a 2023 mid 2nd and Evan Engram. Is he just a hold at that price? I also have Mixon, Swift Gibson and Mike Davis SF league

Richard Thomas
1 month ago

In a league where we start THREE RBs MINIMUM I’m looking at the WW for fliers. Who do you like best on this list, and how much would you bid? We have $100 for the year. Thanks.

Williams, Pooka CIN RB
Ollison, Qadree ATL RB
Doaks, Gerrid MIA RB
Patterson, Jaret WAS RB
Williams, Damien CHI RB
Williams, Darrel KCC RB
Jones, Xavier LAR RB

Last edited 1 month ago by Richard Thomas
Richard Thomas
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

I have Mike Davis, so Ollison is probably important. I like Jones as well. Not big on either Williams RB? With Cohen hurt I think Damien might do something, and Darrel in KC with Gurley gone?

Alexander Scott

Hey Jeff,
We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR and 1 flex in our dynasty league. I have Saquon, Akers, Mike Davis and Trey Sermon at RB. Michael Thomas, Aiyuk, Odell, Corey Davis and Devonta Smith at WR. The news of Akers and Thomas was awful and now I’m in a bind. Do I sit on my hands here or move a couple of pieces/future draft picks to get someone a bit more established? I was rebuilding this past off season in hopes to make a run at playoffs but that’s currently on pause. Any thoughts welcomed.
thanks!
Alex

Alexander Scott
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

I appreciate it! The vultures have been circling but holding and hoping is what I’ll do for now. Cheers

NYCAT
1 month ago

First of all thank you for your time and dedication to this great game. What are your thoughts on Kadarius Toney? Is he a hold or sell due to his issues at OTA’s and now Covid?
Thank you again.

tootsmcgoots

Hi thanks for this!
In a 1QB league that values RBs as gold, is there such thing as owning too many RBs? I’m currently in a never-ending debate with a few league mates who tell me that I need to trade away one or two of my RBs for WRs. After the Akers injury and predicting more that will come, what is the counterargument for owning too many RBs?
For reference, we do a 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2Flex spot lineup, so I can roll out lineups of 2 WRs a week if needed.
RBs – Joe Mixon, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Chris Carson, Miles Sanders

WRs – Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Diontae Johnson, Laviska Shenault, Marquise Brown, Rashod Bateman, & a few more dart throws.

Last edited 1 month ago by tootsmcgoots
Gregory Massa
1 month ago

Where do you see the value of Josh Jacobs going over the next year or so?

dnards
1 month ago

Thanks for all of these comments Jeff, it’s awesome reading through all of them! Just wondering what your thoughts are on Sermon. I lost Akers and have been offered MT and a 23 first for Chark and Sermon. I’m good at WR (Ridley, A Rob, Deebo, Samuel, Bateman….) so can hold Thomas, but my RB room would be Akers, Carson, Najee, and Damien Harris without sermon. Think the 23 first is a better piece than sermon?

Thanks!

Eric Gervais

Hi Jeff,

What a great feature this is!

My question is regarding a 16-team 6-keeper league going into its 13th season. It is 1QB 6pt TDs, 0.25pt per yard at all positions with no decimals. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex on offense. Some IDP players (4) and DST + K. Very odd settings for most but that is my home league.

I had Akers as part of my RBs (Taylor and Swift) are my others. I am wondering if he is worth keeping and stashing on IR for the year. We start two RBs and up to 3 with the Flex. I am keeping Burrow and Galloday (and likely Chase Young since he gives me and edge at the DL position)

I have accumulated early draft picks (all 12 picks in the first 6 rounds). I have a few trades in the works including getting T. Higgins and/or DJ Moore for a second round pick.

My other options are (not great):

Pollard
Dillon
J. Williams
K. Cousins
Jonnu Smith

Any thoughts would be appreciated (if you are still reading this)

Thanks!

Éric

Eric Gervais
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

Unfortunately for me, it is Jamaal Williams.
I am leaning keeping Akers and hoping that he returns to a RB1-2 level. We have a yearly draft with all non-keepers. This includes rookies. I have the 8th pick. There is a slim possibility that Javonte is there. Thanks for your input!

Richard Thomas
1 month ago

So with the Watson drama still unfolding, of these choices, who do I start week one: Lawrence (R), Big Ben, Heinike, or Minshew? I guess Ben if he looks good, but if Lawrence tears it up pre-season, for sure him. Just hate starting a rookie QB. Glad I got him at 1.08 though, as my fears with Watson continue.

Richard Thomas
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

Thank you for your help on several questions.

Matthew Crawford

Hey Jeff
This may be to much.
Could use some thoughts. Thanks
10 keeper standard league. 1QB, 3 WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, I did some trading and wound up with 1.01, 2.01, 2.09, 3.01 I need some WR advice. I have Derrick Henry, Chubb, K. Hunt, Joe Mixon, and Dillon. At WR I have K. Allen, DJ Moore, C. Godwin, and Juju. TE Waller  I figure to take N. Harris with the number 1 pick. And a QB early. I have been offered for Chubb straight up Hopkins. I have been offered J. Jefferson and 1.06 for Chubb and 2.01. Question is, do I need to upgrade at WR? are either trades helpful? Which back would you try to move? I really need some thoughts and insight. Too many possibilities for me to grasp.

Matthew Crawford
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
1 month ago

I really appreciate the insight and thoughts. Thanks for looking at it. Have a great day.

Austin Nathan
1 month ago

Hey Jeff, I need help on what to focus on in the coming year/s. I had started a rebuild a couple years ago and had 4 picks in the top 12 this year. I grabbed Javonte Williams, Devonta Smith, Travis Etienne, and Zach Wilson. Pair that with Jefferson, Henderson, OBJ, Joe Burrow, and a few WR2s. Should I stay the course and not worry about trading or should I be focused on acquiring better positions? I have 2 first rounders for 2022 and 2023 to rebuild with. This is a 10 team qb superflex with IDPs non ppr.

gh69501
1 month ago

Hey there Jeff! Here’s my setup and question (sorry for the length!)…
12-team PPR (3 year old league). The first year I had last pick of every round but won that year. Because of that draft position, I targeted WR and TE, hoping to build a base that would last and then figure out RB later down the road and stream qb until i found a reliable one. As a result, I am currently trying to build for 2022 and later. I currently have the 1.02, 2.08, and 2.09 picks this year (as well as a 3rd and 4th rounder) and all my picks next year.
Here is my current roster (minus negligible players): QB: Fitzpatrick, RB: Mostert, M Gordon, G Edwards, J Wilson, WR: Hopkins, Lockett, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, B Edwards, TE: Kittle, Gesicki
My question is what to do with my 1.02 pick as well as Kittle and Hopkins (or any other WR)? At the 1.02, I am certain I’ll be deciding between Chase and Pitts, neither of which I really NEED but can always flip. If I know I’m keeping the 1.02 then I feel like I should try to trade Kittle or a WR in hopes of getting another early first like 1.03 or 4 or 5. The main problem though is trying to get an idea of what their value is, and god knows people love their draft picks in dynasty (After someone told me he wasn’t trading his 1st round picks, I unofficially offered Kittle and Hopkins for his 1.03 pick as a way to prove to the guy that anything should be considered given the return but he even said no to that! though I wasn’t going to actually propose it anyway).
I don’t mind at all if I’m terrible next year, so I don’t neeeed to acquire a RB now, as I can always trade during the season and try to take advantage of someone trying to make a late push for the playoffs.
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Daniel Isenberg

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to all of our dynasty questions. My format is: dynasty, 12 team, superflex, PPR.

Current Roster (minus a few others):
QB: Dak and Matt Ryan

RB (start 2): Elliot, M. Davis, N. Hines, Coleman, J. Wilson

WR (start 3): M. Thomas, OBJ, Sutton, C. Samuel, G. Davis, R. Gage, Slayton

TE (start 1) L. Thomas, Jonnu

Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 3.05

Would you target Najee with 1.02 and WR (Bateman or one of the Moore(s)) at 2.02?

Thanks!

Kathryn Naglak
1 month ago

Hi (again) Jeff, I have 1.04 and 1.05 rookie picks and I’m balanced between WR and RB. I think Harris, Chase and Pitts (the guy needs a TE) will go, leaving me to choose two from Etienne, Williams, Sermon, Waddle and Smith. How would you rank order these guys? Thank you so much, great help here.