Dynasty

Breakout or Fakeout: Laviska Shenault

How did Laviska Shenault perform in year one? What is coming next?

Laviska Shenault

How did Laviska Shenault perform in year one? What is coming next?

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Breakout or Fakeout: Laviska Shenault
4.9 7 votes
6gummybearsandsomescotch
1 year ago

Great article and very in depth, John! Thanks for elaborating and putting some data under the hype. It seems Meyer is pretty high on using him as a full-time WR with some carries sprinkled in as opposed to being a gadget player. To me, the coaching is definitely the biggest variable as we could see 3 or 4 young fantasy studs out of this team or we could see them ruined for 3 seasons before Meyer and co. would get fired. Hopefully, it’s the former for ‘Viska and all the Jags. Thanks again!

Klay Niltasuan
Reply to  John Hesterman
1 year ago

Agree. It is always a little worrisome when a complete overhaul is in place, but what we do know is that laviska is getting good reviews and most importantly he doesn’t have the most stellar competition for work. Jones and Chark are fine players but I think shenault brings something to the table for jacksonville that neither of those two do.

Richard Thomas
1 year ago

I think he’s the real deal. If I’m running I’m out there as my WR3-5 I’m happy.

mikede88
1 year ago

He’s going to be the WR1 in JAX sooner than later.

William Rehor
1 year ago

Just to play Devil’s advocate… if Meyer had been able to draft Toney as he wanted to, we’d be throwing Shenault on the scrap heap because Toney is that same kind of “Percy Harvin” type of receiver, but with better draft capital. Well, Meyer then drafted Etienne and said HE’D play the Toney role in the offense. So if Etienne is the new regime’s Toney/Harvin and Shenault is the past regime’s Harvin, that seems like a problem for one of them. Maybe they move Shenault to a different role entirely, but playing out of his natural position might not be a good thing either. Still like the talent, but I see a lot more target share risk than you do. Thanks for the article!

1 year ago

Thanks, I hate it

Gregory Massa
1 year ago

John, a quick question! Although you classify Shenault a breakout candidate, who do you think has the higher upside in the longterm?

Gregory Massa
Reply to  John Hesterman
1 year ago

Would you buy either at this stage or wait it out until the preseason (or later)?

Steve Libucha
1 year ago

Good article. But not sure how Shenault is a “faster” Harvin? 40 times don’t lie.

Klay Niltasuan
1 year ago

I love the article. I’ve always hated ‘gadget’ guys for fantasy but I feel like there is a new breed of more versatile guys that can do it all. Ex: Aiyuk and Shenault. I love the guys that can do a little bit of everything but also have great measurables and can excel as a pure receiver.