Dynasty

Rookies Who Landed in the Worst Situations

Which players were the dynasty community excited pre-draft about who might disappoint based on their landing spots?

Rashod Bateman

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Rookies Who Landed in the Worst Situations
4.5 6 votes
Aaron Taylor(@aarongtaylor)
7 months ago

Ugh I am just down on this while draft class. I’m not even excited for my rookie draft which brings a tear to my eye.

Hey Justin, a few weeks ago you stated Miles Sanders will likely lose value if they draft a RB. Does round 5 draft capital still decrease the value in Sanders or is his value holding steady? Gainwell should be more talented than a fifth rounder so this valuation on Sanders could be tricky.

Thanks and great article as always.

Aaron Taylor(@aarongtaylor)
7 months ago

My apologies I called you Justin. Curse these three names names!!

Wendell Bera(@GBDiehard)
7 months ago

Wallace-YES Bateman- Not so much. Under appreciated passer + current overrated wr = prime opportunity. LJ finally has his alpha to take his passing game to the next level, which he hasn’t had up to this point. Hollywood hasn’t proven himself as anything more than a speed demon who barely catches 50% of his passes. I’d be scrambling a lot more too if I couldn’t trust my guy to come up with the catch. Agree that he belongs in the range you currently have him, but a couple spots lower than previously isn’t a death keel.

6gummybearsandsomescotch(@6gummybearsandsomescotch)
Reply to  Wendell Bera
7 months ago

Boy, I hope so. I have 1.08 and loooooooved Bateman pre-draft. Hopefully, he can work his magic!

Wendell Bera(@GBDiehard)
Reply to  6gummybearsandsomescotch
7 months ago

I think so. LJ did throw for 36 tds the previous year, so he’s got the passing capability. Take the 100+ targets that went to Brown (their only real option up to this point) and apply them to Bateman instead, and with an increase in efficiency over Brown your looking at a 1000+yd/10+ td year.

Klay Niltasuan(@kln)
Reply to  Wendell Bera

knell*

Wendell Bera(@GBDiehard)
Reply to  Klay Niltasuan
7 months ago

thx I knew it didn’t look right when I wrote it.

William Burke III(@tb_333)
7 months ago

I am so glad I’ve traded most of my 2020 rookie picks away. This isn’t a great class, especially in the later mid to late 1st range…

6gummybearsandsomescotch(@6gummybearsandsomescotch)
Reply to  William Burke III
7 months ago

Yeah, those 2020 draft picks are worth very much in the 2021 draft, LOL.

Richard Thomas(@wickerkat)
Reply to  William Burke III

2022 is going to be worse IMO LOL

Last edited 7 months ago by Richard Thomas
Robert Whorton(@robertwhorton)
Reply to  Tyler Justin Karp
6 months ago

That’s why I avoided picks in this draft more than normal.

Nick Foulkes(@fowksee)
7 months ago

There comes a point where you cant say ‘no’ to Bateman though right? I thought 2.05 in a SF was a nice enough place to take him once the Moores, Chase, Waddle and Smith were gone. I just adjust my expectations accordingly lol

[email protected](@mattdodge40hotmail-com)
7 months ago

I traded my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year. Not regretting that one.

Larry Gunn(@gunncab4533)
7 months ago

Truly, Swift is the class of the Lions backfield, but…
With Campbell as HC I see a true rbbc. It doesn’t matter how good Swift is. Jefferson has fallen, for sure. Williams is a productive back, but I can see a path for a tough, production rb like Jefferson to score some points.
I traded away all my early picks as well. Not a fan of the 2021 draft, but I like some of these late round value guys.
Great article!