Dynasty

NFL Draft Day Two Winners and Losers: Veteran Edition

We examine the veteran aftermath of the NFL Draft’s second day.

We examine the veteran aftermath of the NFL Draft's second day.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

You can also get a DLF Premium Membership for FREE! Find out how.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

NFL Draft Day Two Winners and Losers: Veteran Edition
Kory Niltasuwan

It surprised me as well that Pittsburgh is now looking at entering the year again with Snell Conner and Samuels. I feel like an upgrade would be in best interest for Ben’s last 2 years. Maybe they try out Freeman Hyde or Lamar Miller for cheap.

I also think that Dillon does more than hurt Williams. I would put Aaron Jones in the loser category. They have yet to pay him, and drafting a talented running back says a lot when they have a bigger need at WR.

Louis Tranquilli
Reply to  Ken Kelly

If it’s true they want to be the Titans. Dillon has a ton of value immediatley.

Charles Day

Not sure that drafting Hurts reduces Wentz’s value any time soon. In 2017 and 2018 Wentz was injured during the season. In both of those seasons Nick Foles led the Eagles in the playoffs. Wentz played the full 16 regular season games in 2019, but got hurt on a helmet-to-helmet hit in the wildcard playoff game. After watching that, I’d take a developmental QB, too. Having a guy who could be used like Taysom Hill if Wentz stays healthy is a twofer. Based on his contract, the Eagles are committed to Wentz through 2023, but if he can’t stay healthy having a replacement waiting in the wings doesn’t hurt.

Biggest surprise to me was New England not taking a QB. Passing on Eason and Fromm for prospects at the end of round 3 sends a clear message. I’m also not sure they can bring in a free agent starting QB given their cap situation. I have Stidham in two of my three leagues; in one of them I desperately need a starting QB, any starting QB. Who knows, maybe Stidham will be the guy?

Slick M.

Drew Lock is a winner on paper but I am not sold on him. I actually think surrounding him with all of this talent will expose him for what he is. I could be wrong but my scouting report on him was great arm, but shaky decision making and accuracy. I do think Shurmur will put him in a position to win, especially with play action game. However, I see his ceiling as capped as QB2. I don’t like the landing spot for Jeudy, who is a slam dunk prospect.

I am perplexed at the Steelers and Packers for not filling glaring needs (and great landing spots for RB and WR respectively). Miami is another one at RB. I find it hard to believe Howard will be the main guy but crazier things have happened! Maybe they like one of the backs still on the board like Eno, McFarland or Kelley. Or a deep sleeper. I will be watching today with great anticipation and rooting for a sneaky late round add for one of these 3 teams – Pit (RB), Mia (RB) and GB (WR).

Love the coverage!

Louis Tranquilli

Why isn’t Fournette on your winners list but Minshew is??

Is there a more obvious 300 touch RB at this point in that division and even the entire conference?
No, there isn’t.

With any kind of TD improvement, he’s gold (again). And, while he may not reach 100 targets, nothing happened in the draft to drop that number down significantly.

I find it interesting he was just ignored in this article.

Carry on, and thanks.

Lou

Louis Tranquilli

Todd Gurley could make the list as well (inexplicably, ATL did nothing).

On the flip side, Jordan Howard is no longer a winner.

But, is Breida a winner? Not sure either are/are not.