Dynasty

Dynasty Panic Meter

We look at four underperforming players. Should you be in panic mode? What should your next move be?

JuJu Smith-Schuster

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

Dynasty Panic Meter
mike fredrickson
6 months ago

3 weeks ago, I acquired Wentz for 3rd and Jack Doyle

Gregory Massa
Reply to  mike fredrickson
6 months ago

I dont think you overpaid, but I hope you’ve got a better second option!

jeffwalch
6 months ago

Wentz is perhaps the most overrated QB in the league – at least Joe Flacco won a SB before being paid, Wentz has never won a playoff game.

Before this season I thought Wentz would be replaced by Hurts during 2021 given that the team has an out. However, given his play degrading further I expect Hurts to take over some point this year.

Mike Witt
Reply to  jeffwalch
6 months ago

Do you think Cousins is overpaid ? Stafford? What about Carr? What about Goff? So you know better than the market what a fair price for an NFL QB is?

Joseph Soto
6 months ago

Just grabbed wentz for hunter Henry and minshew. SF league . Think this is the lowest time you can buy him. I also agree I’m more concerned about health then play.

jeffwalch
6 months ago

Regarding Wentz: I am very Surprised by general sentiment of people not being concerned about his play despite some of the worst statistics in the league. He is often just throwing up prayers / jump balls. No way would I be buying in dynasty – and would sell for whatever I could get given Wentz poor play and the closest thing to Lamar Jackson waiting in the wings to take over.

Charles Day
6 months ago

Of the Eagles’ five projected starting offensive linemen at the beginning of trading camp, only C Jason Kelce is healthy, and Wentz is getting zero protection. Wentz has missed DeSean jackson for all but parts of two games, Alshon Jeffrey hasn’t played at all, Jalen Reagor has played one game, rookie John Hightower can’t catch a cold, second-year man JJAW is a total bust who gets no separation and rising star TE Dallas Goedert has been lost to injury since game 3. Zach Ertz was injured Thursday night and is out for 6 to 8 weeks. So, when Wentz drops back behind his sieve-like OL, he’s looking to throw to the one bright spot, second-year WR Travis Fulgham, and two journeyman receivers in WR Greg Ward and TE Richard Rogers. Mahomes would suck on an offense like that.

You somehow forgot to mention with regard to JuJu that Claypool looks like a WR1. That and being out-targeted by the undervalues Diontae Johnson makes JuJu the Steelers’ WR3. If people want more than a late 2nd round pick for him, it’s because they’re influenced by his fading reputation. I think his greatest dynasty asset is that he’ll be a free agent after this season, and could wind up paired with a solid WR1. Come to think of it, he could be a good fit for the Eagles . . . .

Antoine Nosotti
6 months ago

Gotta say I would be cutting bait on Engram… Two plays in the Philly game stand out for me. Down near the goal-line he makes a catch. He’s clearly not going to score. He could put his shoulder down and get upfield and gain an extra 1-3 yards, but he does a little dance to try to get around a defender and gets pushed out of bounds and gets absolutely nothing.

On their final drive, Jones laid it out perfectly for him on 3rd down. Blame Jones all you want, but Engram has to come up with that catch… it hit him in both hands!

Charles Day
Reply to  Antoine Nosotti
6 months ago

No question, he makes that catch, it’s the game-winner.

Charles Day
6 months ago

And furthermore 🙂

You said that Wentz has the potential to be a top-12 fantasy QB. Using the scoring system from the dynasty leagues I play in (which is pretty standard) Wentz currently ranks tenth in fantasy points per game among all QBs. Even with all the problems listed above with his supporting cast he’s a top-12 QB. With a little regression to the mean in critical injuries to his O-line and receivers, he should be better than that next season.

jeffwalch
5 months ago

Dear DLF- love this website and think your team has some of the best insight around. However, I think you are really off on your Wentz position – I would be selling him everywhere in anticipation of Hurts takeover by end of 2021 season. Curious if you are still holding your October view? If so, then why?