Dynasty

2020 Lineup Advice – Week One

2020 Lineup Advice – PLEASE READ before posting WE'RE BACK! To our knowledge, DLF is the only fantasy site that answers your specific lineup questions all seventeen weeks of the NFL regular season and into the post-season as well.  It’s just another feature we offer our valued premium subscribers. First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to all our premium members who support what DLF is doing here.  Without you, we wouldn’t still be here after 14 years!  There’s just far too much work and time involved in running a site like this and your support aids us tremendously by giving us the ability to attract and retain the best dynasty writers in the business.  Beyond that, it allows for solid hosting, tools, utilities, development, podcasts and the delivery mechanisms to get all that content to you.  Thank you again! If you’re not a subscriber but use the DLF Forums, or have been interested in what we’re all about, there’s no time like now to give us a try.  I can personally guarantee you’ll be hard pressed to find another business, let alone one on the Internet, which cares about their members more and focuses on our value proposition like DLF.  That’s a personal commitment, to each of you, which has guided us from day-one!  We strive to keep our prices low so everyone can afford one of our membership options and, again, we can’t do what we do without YOU! 2020 Lineup Advice From the first year we started offering “personalized” lineup advice to DLF members each and every week of the NFL season, our membership has grown many fold.  It’s no longer a simple or quick process. Simply put, I wouldn’t have it any other way!  It’s part of our value proposition to each of you and, most importantly, it’s one of the ways I get to know our members individually.  Interfacing with each of you is what makes what we’re doing here so special, and we very much hope you see and enjoy that difference.  We’re a unicorn in the fantasy space. But our growing membership base is forcing me to make a few changes to ensure I can keep up with the volume and still provide the quality input you’ve come to expect.  Rare are the questions which I can simply “pop off” an answer to.  With each one, I research up to seven different variables to arrive at my response and that takes time. Please see below for my notes concerning this service for 2018.  I ask that you read them and hold to them toward helping me help more of you.  And, perhaps, helping me to keep my sanity. IMPORTANT NOTES • NEW: Please limit your text and questions.  DLF's growth has been tremendous. Long (story) questions or questions involving multiple players and positions take a ton of time and I'm genuinely concerned about my ability to provide quality and timely advice.  I would love to be able to answer the old questions of old, but there just won't be that much time. Please limit, in any way possible, you questions. I'm trying very hard to not limit questions to one per individual.  • IMPORTANT:  If any of your questions involve players who play on Thursday night, please put "TNF" on the first line by itself at the top of your question. • If at all possible, please don’t submit your question until AFTER the Thursday night game, unless it involves a player playing on Thursday night.  This allows me to concentrate on the TNF game first while also allowing more time for injury news from the previous week.  Because of the popularity, I answer questions as they come in and much can change in a few days. • Because of our comment system, it’s VERY easy to miss your response(s) to my advice.  I don’t get alerts to new questions or responses you make to my response to you.  I have to physically scroll from top to bottom each time to look for responses.  Depending on the number of questions each week, I may miss any response to my advice.  When in doubt, make a new entry at the bottom and reference your earlier question if needed. • Scoring System – Let me know if your league is PPR, non-PPR or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect the advice. • I always like to see what YOU are thinking on your question(s) first. On those “coin-flip” plays, as I call them, knowing which way you are leaning helps me. • My crystal ball isn’t perfect and I can assure you I “feel” any advice which ends up being incorrect.  I do often go back and check my last week’s advice.  I’m very proud of my track record and like to think I’m more accurate than the “Magic 8-Ball” approach but, in the end, it’s only an guess.  An educated guess, but still only a guess.  Go easy on me.  I’m hard enough on me for both of us. • I cannot be the coach of your team and all advice is just that:  “advice."  Ultimately, the decision is yours to make and you should always be fully accountable to that.  Look to me as that little person on your shoulder chiming in with his thoughts. • Do NOT wait until game-day to ask your questions!  Life here at DLF can be very busy as is my life away from DLF.  Waiting until game day runs the risk of not getting a response.  I always make an attempt to check before kick-off on game day, but I can’t guarantee it.  It’s always best to give me at least 24 hours. • It’s not uncommon for me to answer questions out of order due to injury status of a mentioned player, players who play earlier in the week or any number of other reasons.  If it looks like I’ve skipped you, I likely have  saved you for later until I have more information.  It’s also possible your question is too long and I’m prioritizing other more easily answered questions.  Brief questions always get priority as I can answer more of them quickly. • I rarely answer questions after kick-off of the first games on Sunday.   I often am away to watch the games and can’t guarantee I will/can check.  If I’m available and able, I do try to check in. • HAVE FUN!  I so enjoy interfacing with each of you and look forward to  your comments to my advice while following along with how your team is performing. This game has a lot to offer us die-hard fans, so don’t let its twists and turns, injuries and/or run of bad luck remove any of the enjoyment.  Win or lose, there’s always next week or next year! Good luck this year.  Fortune favors the bold – but there’s no substitute for preparation.  Now, let’s go have some fun!

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

2020 Lineup Advice – Week One
Robbie Massie
7 months ago

Full PPR. Need to start three WRS. Who would you picking for week 1 out of the players listed below?

OBJ

Justin Jefferson
Emmanuel Sanders
Tee Higgins

Which 4 do you suggest?

dcragel

TNF IDP Question(3pts per sack);

JJ Watt vs KC or Jordan Cameron vs TBB? Both QB’s get rid of the ball so fast, I don’t like either match-up. I also have Jonathon Allen on WAS vs PHI.

Trevor Van Schyndel

Thanks for taking the questions. 0.5pt PPR. Pick two for Flex spots between:

Devin Singletary
Marvin Jones
Christian Kirk
Dallas Goedert

vito casella
Reply to  Trevor Van Schyndel

Welcome back Jeff!

Tanner Norman
7 months ago

Thank you in advance. Full point ppr. I need to fill one flex spot. Who would you choose? Cam Akers,
Hunter Renfrow, Preston Williams, or Anthony Miller.

Brian Mearns

Welcome Back Jeff!!!!!
DeShaun Watson or Dak Presccott

Thanks

Sam Zitin
7 months ago

Yay Jeff! So good to hear from you!

I need 1 WR and 1 Flex out of the following options
WR: Juju, Dionte Johnson, Keenan Allen, Diggs, Bryan Edwards
RB: Gurley, Dobbins

I’m leaning Juju and Keenan. I typically prefer to flex an RB if I can but Gurley is still a little risky until we see what happens in ATL.

I also need a flex out of
Mark Ingram, Tarik Cohen, Mike Evans (hurt?), Antonio Gibson, Anthony Miller, and Brandin Cooks

Ryan Glaza
7 months ago

Full ppr. Flex James white or marquise brown?

Ryan Glaza
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
7 months ago

Thank you! You are awesome! Now I’m thinking I should start white over Mostert for my rb2

TDFantasy79
7 months ago

Full PPR, Flex Mostert or Boyd?

TDFantasy79
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Richard Thomas

As my last two FLEX spots, pick TWO please:

Howard MIA RB @NEP
Miller CHI WR @DET
Jeudy DEN WR (R) vs TEN
Amendola DET WR vs CHI
LThomas WAS TE vs PHI
Dan Arnold AZ TE @SF

I currently have Howard and Miller in. Thanks!

Richard Thomas
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks!

Dale Norwood

1st League PPR. Sutton or Chark
2nd League PPR. M Mack or A Miller
3rd League SF. Mayfield, Burrow or Carr

Short and sweet as requested. Really appreciate what you do.

“I Drink and Know Things”

Patrick Hanley

TNF Question
Thanks for the wisdom Jeff, you helped me win it all last year! I’m set at all positions except #2 RB. (Standard league and scoring, points for rushing & receiving yardage at RB). A Jones is my RB1, available options for RB2 are M Sanders, David Jonson, D Singletary.

Was planning on starting Sanders but he’s still limited in practice and may be held to a snap count. DJ plays Thursday night vs KC or Singletary vs Jets. Leaning DJ

Thanks

Nflnz

League 1 0.5ppr – who to start as final WR
Ceedee Lamb
JJAW
Bisi Johnson

League 2 PPR – who to start in last FLEX spot (we have 4) League is TE Prem
Ian Thomas
Jerrick McKinnon
Danny Amendola

Aaron Franklin

TNF

Hey Jeff, hope you’re doing well

12 team PPR 2QB league

Can you pick 2 from this list (for my 2nd RB spot and my 2nd Flex Spot)

Phillip Lindsey
Will Fuller (Thur)
Cam Akers
JK Dobbins

Ashley Moser

half point PPR

Greg Olsen or Noah Fant

Ryan Barnt

TNF
Hey Jeff… time to defend some titles!
1QB 12tm 1.0PPR
Of course Brandin Cooks is questionable for TNF, if he winds up available to play do I still start him over these options…
Sammy Watkins (I’m already starting CEH & TyHill), GTate, Kerryon, DHenderson… I’m still thinking Cooks…

Jacob Amick
7 months ago

Full ppr: H. Henry or N. Fant?

csustello
Reply to  Jacob Amick
7 months ago

Henry all day, Bengals D lacking.
Tyrod loves his TEs

Manuel Czerwonka

Full PPR

2 Starters needed out of those 4 players:
Marvin Jones (vs CHI) Allen Robinson (@DET) Diontae Johnson (@NYG) Christian Kirk (@SFO)

Leaning to start Jones and Robinson, tend to fade Kirk because of the match up. Diontae is really tempting to be switchted in for Robinson (I´a Lions Fan).

Greetings from Austria and thanks for the help year in and year out!

csustello
Reply to  Manuel Czerwonka

Proven / versus non
Gotta be Jones and Robainons till the other two show something.
FF stories is lined With failed upside, worse words in FF “if” and “maybe”

csustello
Reply to  csustello

*Robinson

Kurt Barlow

full PPR pick 3 of these for week 1

Gurley
Mostert
Aaron Jones
Marlon Mack

csustello
Reply to  Kurt Barlow
7 months ago

Sit Mack, he’s losing passing downs to Hines and now Taylor.

csustello

Trade offer – Half PPR

Leonard Fornette
Stephon Diggs
First round 2021

AK

Zachary Ringer

Start Tyler Lockett or Chris Carson this week, both against ATL? 1 PPR league

Steve Petersen
7 months ago

IDP, standard. Josh Jones (Jax) or Karl Joseph (clev) ? Harrison recently traded to the Browns, Will he replace K. Joseph?

Ryan Wilkey
7 months ago

Hey, Jeff! Excited for another season!

PPR – AJ Green or Marquise Brown for my WR3?

Thanks as always!

Aaron Franklin
7 months ago

Hey Jeff – Thanks for the TNF advice above – this is a question just for Sunday/Monday

.25 PPR league. im having trouble deciding which 3 to start. I’m leaning Thielen, Cooper & AJB.

Can you please pick three?

Adam Thielen
Amari Cooper
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Cooper Kupp
James White

Viktor Zakharchuk
7 months ago

FULL PPR. need to start 1…K.Hunt at Balt, M.Mack at Jack, or Hollywood Brown vs Browns , need upside not to play safe , thinking Hollywood

Shane Tessmer

Hi Jeff!

Full PPR – who do we like more this week: WR Anthony Miller or WR Ceedee Lamb?

Justin Oesch

Hey Jeff!

Full PPR with TNF implications – I need to start 1. Parris Campbell , Mecole Hardman or Brandin Cooks. Cooks was the easy choice but with the lingering hammy I’m leaning towards fading him this week. I like Mecole but his floor is so scary to rely on.

Thanks in advance!

Johnathan Garcia

Hey Jeff,

Full PPR. With the whole Mike Evans injury situation. My current three WR set was going to to be Mike Evans, D Hop, Scary Terry.

If Evans isn’t good to go, my bench is Miles Boykin, Preston Williams or Jerry Jeudy. Which would you plug in?

jsweitzer

TNF

non-PPR

Fuller or Kupp?

It seems to early to go on a hunch, but my guru tells me that Fuller is a lock to succeed and that if you’re going to play him at any time this year, NOW is the time.

I’m playing an excellent team so my thinking is that I may need the higher ceiling. Do I have that in a substantial way by playing Fuller over Kupp?

jsweitzer
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
7 months ago

Thanks. I have gone against your advice in the past—to my misfortune. Won’t do it tonight.

Richard Thomas

Need a WR3 for 1 ppr league, pick one:

Beasley, Cole BUF WR vs NYJ
Claypool, Chase PIT WR @NYG
Hardman, Mecole KCC WR vs HOU
Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR @LAR
Lazard, Allen GBP [email protected]
Renfrow, Hunter LVR WR

Right now I have in Lazard. MThomas and Diggs are my WR1/WR2.

Richard Thomas
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack
7 months ago

Cool, thanks. Good to have some confirmation. Too early on rookies like Lamb and Jeudy IMO unless you are desperate.

Stefan Byramji

3 of Nuk, Evans, Adams, JuJu, DJ Moore – Leaning Nuk, Adams, Evans
3 of Henry, Chubb, DJ, Taylor – Leaning Henry, Chubb and DJ
2 of Hunter Henry, OJ Howard, Irv Smith Jr, Ian Thomas – Hunter Henry and Ian Thomas

Viktor Zakharchuk

PPR lets talk about TE, Irv Smith or CJ Uzomah ? Thanks

Steve Petersen
7 months ago

Great to have you back! Love this column. Took your advice last year & decided to rebuild. Ended up with 3 1st rounders & 2 next year. Took Dobbins at 1.03, Juedy fell to me at 1.09 & I ended up grabbing M. Evans in a trade for the 1.11. I drafted C. Claypool in the back end of the 2nd as well as Darrington Evans. What are your thoughts on these 2 guys for the future? Claypool & D. Evans

Thanks Jeff

Lars Nischan
7 months ago

0.5 PPR for RB/WR and 1.5 PPR for TEs.
Devin Singletary
David Montgomery (apparently „full-go“ for the game)
Hayden Hurst (TE-Premium scoring)

Thanks in advance Jeff and greetings from Germany.

mrossi212
7 months ago

It’s good to be back!! Jeff, I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this each and every week. You are my one and only go to when it comes to line-up advice. I have three questions this week.

Standard Scoring (No PPR) – Gallup vs. LAR or Marvin Jones vs. CHI?
Standard Scoring (No PPR) – James White vs. MIA or James Robinson vs. IND?
Full Point PPR – AJ Green vs. LAC or Tarik Cohen vs. DET?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

DylB5694
7 months ago

PPR league, I need to start 2 of OBJ, Marquise Brown, and Kenny Golladay. The injury for Golladay has me concerned, even if he does play, so I was leaning towards OBJ and Hollywood

Kris H

Need 3 of the 5 WRs in a Standard Scoring (Non PPR) League:
K. Allen @ CIN
M. Evans @ NOS
D. Hopkins @ SFF
C. Lamb @ LAR
DJ Moore vs LVR
Leaning Hopkins, Moore and Evans but the hamstring injury seems to be a concern.

Any reason to play K Hunt or Z Moss over M Gordon?
Lastly IDP – Jabrill Peppers vs PIT or Harrison Smith vs GBP?

Thanks in advance

Erik Hvid
7 months ago

Hey need to start a TE (Half PPR)
Austin Hooper
Will Dissly
Chris Herndon
Ian Thomas

I’m leaning Hooper but the matchup isn’t good

Philip DeHaven
7 months ago

10 team PPR, I’m in between Anthony Miller and Hollywood Brown as my final WR starter. Thoughts?

Danton Goulet
7 months ago

In a half point ppr standard scoring league I still have to start Kareem Hunt over James Robinson (yes unfortunately my best options) even though Robinson got named the starter right?

brooks51773
7 months ago

I have Miles Sanders in a 12 team .5 PPR and I’m pondering swapping him for one of the following due to the injury uncertainty:
N’keal Harry
Paris Campbell
Steven Sims
Dallas Goedert
Leaning towards sticking with Sanders but unsettled… Thanks!

Alex Li Puma
7 months ago

So I am in a 2 point per reception dynasty league and I have to decide between these players chose two. Schuster I am weary of because of last year, Mike evens seems to be Injured and was hit or miss last year and I am not sure if I can trust Cooper on the road but I trust your opinion 🙂. Who would you chose? Pick Two

Schuster
Johnathan Taylor
Mike evens
Aj.Brown
D.k. Metcalf
Amari cooper
Terry mcLaurin
Cee Dee Lamb
Jerry Judy

Andrew Smith
7 months ago

Hi Jeff, thanks again for doing this! 2 Questions for ya…

Start 1 (PPR): P. Lindsay, RoJo, A. Peterson — Probably prefer the safer floor here as it’s clearly my weakest starting spot.

Start 2: Rodgers, Minshew, Tyrod — and slightly but different — Minshew vs. Baker? I’m leaning going Minshew-Tyrod and then starting Baker in the other to diversify. But am I being too cute by benching Rodgers?

Jamie Battaglia
7 months ago

12 team PPR. Sutton looks questionable for Monday night now. Should I wait it out and put in Jeudy if he doesn’t go or should I replace him with AJ Green?

Brandon Ngo

Hey Jeff,

12 Team Standard
Need to fill one flex spot and these are my options:

K. Hunt, Michel, James White, Anthony Miller, Harry, Lamb or Hockenson

Right now I have Hunt.

Thanks

mattmccormick

0.5 PPR
Do I go with Bryan Edwards, Swift, or James Robinson at the Flex?

HolyWildCow

12 Team 1.0 PPR
Flex Jonathan Taylor or Jerry Jeudy?

Steve Petersen
7 months ago

Got another one for ya Jeff.
Budda Baker? Has been a beast the past few years in IDP. I traded him away last year to get a first round pick. We have a $400 cap, he is now signed for $21 for 4 more years. Budda is predicted to be the 2nd highest scoring safety in our scoring format. I can trade Yannick who is $1 straight up. I have currently on my roster $1,K. Joseph, $1,E Rowe. & $10, Darian Thompson. Rowe #15 & Thompson #9 I’m pretty good at DE M Crosby & Trey Flowers.

Would you make this trade?

Thanks for all your help!

Jim Norman
7 months ago

Stafford vs. Chi or Rivers @ Jac?

Was set on Stafford until the injury news on Golladay and Vaitai, now not so sure. Pretty good matchup for Old Man Rivers. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul Fargo
7 months ago

Need one WR and one flex for PPR between Ingram, K Allen and OBJ. Who sits? Already starting Jacobs, Ekeler at RB and Julio at WR.