Dynasty

A Superflex Life, Volume II: Mythbusters

We tackle some of the myths associated with superflex dynasty leagues.

Matt Ryan

We tackle some of the myths associated with superflex dynasty leagues.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

A Superflex Life, Volume II: Mythbusters
Andreas Vogt
9 months ago

Great one John! Appreciate the confirmation bias for my recent dynasty start up draft.

Merlin Caldwell
9 months ago

I drafted Derek Carr and no other QBs in my SF/TE prem startup last season. I won the league by a wide margin as others had no depth…picked up Minshew and then traded a 3rd for Foles…myth busted.

brad blackburn
Reply to  Merlin Caldwell
9 months ago

So proud of you

yellowdart24
Reply to  Merlin Caldwell
9 months ago

This means absolutely nothing… yes, you can win a league multiple ways including getting lucky and nailing every other position. Heck, you could draft the highest scoring kicker in round 1 and still win the league. The point is that the chances of you winning again this year are slim since you are stuck with Carr and Minshew and have to hope your RB/WR/TE all hit again.

brad blackburn
Reply to  yellowdart24
9 months ago

Exactly

Ed Geis
Reply to  yellowdart24
9 months ago

Don’t ignore that he still sought out three QBs, he just did it post startup and got lucky that those two were available cheap. He did great setting up his team because he has those three to put up respectable numbers.

Merlin Caldwell
Reply to  Ed Geis
9 months ago

My roster is currently: (less QBs)

Jacobs, Rojo, Gurley, Bell, MG3, CEH, A Rob, Boyd, Julio, j Brown, E Sanders, Landry, A Jeffrey, R Anderson, J Crowder, C Herndon, Gronk, Dissly, Rudolph, Cook.

It’s SF/TE premium. Sure, you can ‘just get lucky’, but with this roster it doesn’t matter who you have at QB (Re: only had 1 QB for half the season and I traded for Foles after the season). Check. Mate.

neil chester
Reply to  yellowdart24
9 months ago

Totally agree, I won a Superflex best ball with fitzmagic, Lock Eli and Tannehill, and it def wasn’t a great feeling post draft, and I’d never do it again (it wasn’t through choice lol), one off bits of luck is def not something to back a strategy!

neil chester
Reply to  neil chester
9 months ago

Agreee with yellowdart

Buckbeast
9 months ago

Good article. I would add that for Myth number 3…. I’d rather have that 20 ppg QB3 sitting on my bench instead of playing against me.

Part of any fantasy football strategy should include playing a game of “keep-away”. Yes, you need to roster players that will help you, but there are times it makes sense to roster players you don’t want to hurt you.