Dynasty

What if? Dynasty Rookie Mock Draft: Round One

We look at a potential first round based on a recent industry mock draft.

Michael Pittman

We look at a potential first round based on a recent industry mock draft.

GET IN THE GAME!

Gain Instant Access to this article and so much more.

A full year of access is only $49.99.

Try DLF Premium for only $7.99 with a Monthly Subscription.

• The best dynasty rankings in the industry
• Dynasty, Rookie & Superflex ADP
• Dynasty Trade Analyzer and other tools
• Our annual Dynasty & Rookie Draft Guides
• 365 days of content, tools, advice and support
• And so much more!

Join DLF Today!

Want more info about DLF Premium?
Find out more

Have questions or need some help?
Contact Us

Already a DLF Premium Member?

What if? Dynasty Rookie Mock Draft: Round One
Charles Day(@sweetdickwillie)
1 year ago

I just can’t see Clyde Edwards-Helaire as a 3 down guy in the NFL. Everything about him screams MJD to me, but MJD ran 4.39 in the 40. I’ve studied CEH’s 40 tape, and he didn’t get a bad start or anything. He just looks slow. People say he’s “explosive” and he is a very powerful, muscular player, who I think will be very dangerous in space as a 3rd down, change of pace back, but I think that’s what he’ll be. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong and he turns out to be the second coming of Devonta Freeman, but I don’t see it.

tmarge(@tmarge)
Reply to  Charles Day
1 year ago

If he ends up Devonta Freeman isnt that an amazing outcome? Freeman had years finishing 1, 6 and 13 overall id pretty much sign up for a career like that from any pick in the draft.

Charles Day(@sweetdickwillie)
1 year ago

I also don’t think the Lions take Taylor. He’s definitely a three-down guy, and Matt Patricia worships at the altar of the many-headed RBBC. I could see Taylor being a perfect fit for the Steelers and CEH being a better fit for the Lions.

tmarge(@tmarge)
Reply to  Charles Day
1 year ago

Patricia tried to use Kerryon as a 3 down back last year, but he couldnt hold up

William Rehor(@jackthepiratecat)
Reply to  Charles Day
1 year ago

How do we know what Patricia likes in a running back rotation? He was a defensive coach at NE, had nothing to do with their offensive tendencies. The only RB we’ve seen him use if KJ and he’s been injured too much to tell us anything.

Jay Lee(@mild86)
1 year ago

I think if Ruggs is really taken 13th overall – and you’re taking “landing spot and draft capital” into account as you say – then he’s got to be above Jefferson and the other WR’s.

That would be a premium pick to a premium offense. I want any WR Shannahan is drafting with his first round pick.

Jay Lee(@mild86)
Reply to  Jay Lee
1 year ago

To clarify – above Jefferson, and probably above Clyde. It’d be hard to see him any lower than WR3.

Matthew Wertz(@mattwertz1975)
1 year ago

The Vikings won’t take a WR in round 1.

Lynn Moe(@elmoe)
1 year ago

Parris Campbell Is already tagged as a “bust”?