At DLF, we are always looking to improve, to bring you resources to help you dominate your dynasty leagues. From our dynasty rankings, our industry leading Dynasty ADP, our tools such as the Trade Finder and ADP Comparison Tool, to our DLF Family of Podcasts, we are constantly looking for ways to help you be the best coach in your league.
For quite some time, the most requested feature we did not yet offer was some type of a dynasty trade calculator. We were hesitant to build such a tool because there are already some good options out there. But once we decided to pursue this project, we were determined to not just reinvent the wheel. We wanted to build something more. After many months of hard work by members of our crack development team*, we are excited to finally share with you the first iteration of this tool, the Dynasty Trade Analyzer!
The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer is more than just trade calculator. It’s a complete tool intended to help owners make well-informed trade decisions, with as much relevant context as possible. The goal of the dynasty trade analyzer is less about telling an owner “Yes make this trade” or “Don’t make this trade, it’s a bad deal”, but more about providing you with all of the info needed to make a well researched, intelligent trade decision.
This tool brings together many of the tools and resources you have come to rely upon from DLF – Rankings, ADP, trades, news items, analysis, and more. All of this is tied to a custom trade algorithm designed to ensure trade offers reflect a real-world player value approach. This trade tool brings all of this information together in a way no other trade tool can match. Even if you don’t like trade calculators, even if you don’t agree with all of the player values, simply having all of the information surrounding a trade in one place is invaluable!
Some additional, important points regarding the DLF dynasty trade analyzer;
- You’ll probably have some questions about certain features. Our dynasty trade analyzer FAQ’s page should answer most of those questions.
- Player values are drawn from Rankings, ADP, as well as recent trade data to help shape player value.
- You can select either 1QB or 2QB/Superflex league trade scenarios.
- Currently IDP players, Kickers and Devy Players are not available as trade options. We are working on it, though!
- The rookie pick value adjustment slider is intended to give an owner the ability to nudge rookie draft pick values a bit in one direction or another depending on specific league or team considerations, like a league or owner which over-values or under-values draft picks; or if an owner who is in win now or rebuild mode, etc.
- The Package Value Adjustment is designed to mitigate the effects of ‘spamming’ one side of a trade with a bunch of players or draft picks (assets) in order to make up value of a more valuable player on the other side. Generally speaking, the greater the asset differential, the larger the modifier.
- The Related Dynasty Trades keys on trades involving the most valuable asset from either side of the trade. Sometimes it will not find a matching trade, but we do include a link out to the trade finder to search for more trades.
- We pull up to three of the most recent news items and DLF articles for each player in the trade so owners can make sure they know the latest news before making a decision.
Player values are directly tied to market value and as such can change daily. The trade analyzer also provides additional contextual information to help you understand all facets of the trade – current ADP and ranking values, historical ADP trends, recent similar trades, and recent news items from all over the industry for all involved players. All of this information is provided to help you make quick, well-informed decisions.
No trade tool is going to be perfect. The dynasty trade analyzer is no exception. You are certain to find trade results you may not agree with, as well as player or pick values you may not agree with. But hopefully those are few and far between, and the disagreement not significant. Again, even if you don’t completely agree with the values provided, all of the additional meta information about the deal, all brought together in one location, will help you manage your trades intelligently.
The Trade Analyzer will remain free through July 31st, as we work through any initial tweaks and continue to expand the features, before going behind the paywall on August 1st – the date of the Hall of Fame Game. When it does, there will be no extra fee required – this will all be a part of your regular DLF Subscription.
No hidden charges, no extra fees. Just one simple subscription price for everything DLF offers.
Please share your thoughts below, we welcome your feedback. And if you are not already a DLF Premium Member, consider joining the community of supporters who make all of this possible!
Thanks, happy trading, and enjoy the NFL Draft!
* Shout out to the development team responsible for creating the Trade Analyzer. They are all really smart, talented individuals. Give them a follow on twitter.