** Please read this completely before posting your first question **
To our knowledge, DLF is the only fantasy site that answers your specific lineup questions all seventeen weeks of the NFL regular season and into the post-season as well. It’s just another feature we offer our valued premium subscribers.
First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to all our premium members who support what DLF is doing here. Without you, we wouldn’t still be here after 12 years! There’s just far too much work and time involved in running a site like this and your support aids us tremendously by giving us the ability to attract and retain the best dynasty writers in the business. Beyond that, it allows for solid hosting, tools, utilities, development, podcasts and the delivery mechanisms to get all that content to you. Thank you again!
If you’re not a subscriber but use the DLF Forums, or have been interested in what we’re all about, there’s no time like now to give us a try. I can personally guarantee you’ll be hard pressed to find another business, let alone one on the Internet, which cares about their members more and focuses on our value proposition like DLF. That’s a personal commitment, to each of you, which has guided us from day-one! We strive to keep our prices low so everyone can afford one of our membership options and, again, we can’t do what we do without YOU!
2018 Lineup Advice
Each year as we near kick-off off of the new season and begin developing our in-season content plan, one of my fellow DLF co-owners approaches me and asks: “You going to do lineup advice again?” After all, from the first year we started offering “personalized” lineup advice to DLF members each and every week of the NFL season, our membership has grown eight-fold. It’s no longer a simple or quick process.
Quite simply put, I wouldn’t have it any other way! It’s part of our value proposition to each of you and, most importantly, it’s one of the ways I get to know our members individually. Interfacing with each of you is what makes what we’re doing here so special, and we very much hope you see and enjoy that difference. We’re a unicorn in the fantasy space.
But our growing membership base is forcing me to make a few changes to ensure I can keep up with the volume and still provide the quality input you’ve come to expect. Rare are the questions which I can simply “pop off” an answer to. With each one, I research up to seven different variables to arrive at my response and that takes time.
Please see below for my notes concerning this service for 2018. I ask that you read them and hold to them toward helping me help more of you. And, perhaps, helping me to keep my sanity.
[am4show have=’g1;’ guest_error=’sub_message’ user_error=’sub_message’ ]
• Please limit your questions to no more than three within each entry! I love helping each of you but it’s not uncommon to receive a question involving an entire team or set of teams. Due to the popularity of this service, I must ask you to limit your questions! If you absolutely must ask more than three, please do so as a separate question/entry.
• Scoring System – Let me know if your league is PPR, non-PPR or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect the advice.
• I always like to see what YOU are thinking on your question(s) first. On those “coin-flip” plays, as I call them, knowing which way you are leaning helps me.
• My crystal ball isn’t perfect and I can assure you I “feel” any advice which ends up being incorrect. I do often go back and check my last week’s advice. I’m very proud of my track record and like to think I’m more accurate than the “Magic 8-Ball” approach but, in the end, it’s only a guess. An educated one, but still only a guess. Go easy on me. I’m hard enough on me for both of us.
• I cannot be the coach of your team and all advice is just that: “advice”. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make and you should always be fully accountable to that. Look to me as that little person on your shoulder chiming in with his thoughts.
• Do NOT wait until game-day to ask your questions! Life here at DLF can be very busy as is my life away from DLF. Waiting until game day runs the risk of not getting a response. I always make an attempt to check before kick-off on game day, but I can’t guarantee it. It’s always best to give me at least 24 hours.
• Because of our comment system, it’s VERY easy to miss your response(s) to my advice. I have to physically scroll from top to bottom each time to look for responses. Depending on the number of questions each week, I may miss any response to my advice. When in doubt, make a new entry at the bottom and reference your earlier question if needed.
• It’s not uncommon for me to answer questions out of order due to injury status of a mentioned player, players who play earlier in the week or any number of other reasons. If it looks like I’ve skipped you, I likely have saved you for later until I have more information. It’s also possible your question is too long and I’m prioritizing other more easily answered questions. Brief questions always get priority as I can answer more of them.
• I rarely answer questions after kick-off of the first games on Sunday. I often am away to watch the games and can’t guarantee I will/can check. If I’m available and able, I do try to check in.
• HAVE FUN! I so enjoy interfacing with each of you and look forward to your comments to my advice while following along with how your team is performing. This game has a lot to offer us diehard fans, so don’t let its twists and turns, injuries and/or run of bad luck remove any of the enjoyment. Win or lose, there’s always next week or next year!
Good luck this year. Fortune favors the bold – but there’s no substitute for preparation!
You can find Jeff on Twitter at @dlf_jeff