In our annual 32-part Summer Sleeper series, DLF scribes identify a lightly-touted player on each NFL roster who may be worthy of your consideration. Our subjects all have varying levels of “sleeperness,” but each merits a bit of in-depth discussion here in the Premium Content section.
To help everybody along, we are going to be categorizing our sleepers under one of three headings:
Super Deep Sleepers – Players who aren’t roster-worthy in 12-team leagues, but are still worth keeping an eye on.
Deep Sleepers – An end of the roster player who is more often than not on the waiver wire in 12-team leagues.
Sleeper – A likely rostered player who makes for a good trade target. Their startup ADP puts them out of the top-175 or so.
Because we aren’t going to give you the likes of mainstream sleepers, most of these players will undoubtedly fizzle. All we are asking is for you to keep an open mind and perhaps be willing to make room for one of these players on your bench. You never know when the next Adam Thielen is going to spring up. Feel free to add your own thoughts about our choice for the designated sleeper, or nominate one of your own in the comments below.
In a somewhat shocking turn of events, the Cleveland Browns have become a team that dynasty owners have become excited about. The Browns currently have the following in startup ADP:
- A quarterback inside the top 160 players drafted and a second quarterback inside the top 265 in one quarterback ADP.
- Three (!!) running backs inside the top 100 players drafted.
- Four (!!) wide receivers inside the top 153 players drafted, including two inside the top 44 picks.
- A second-year tight end being drafted in the top 71 picks.
With all of the above being the case, it makes the Browns the most difficult team to project a sleeper on, considering more than half of their final 53 skill position players are being drafted in the first 13 rounds of startup drafts.
The sheer amount of talent on the roster makes it that any relatively unknown player will simply not have the glimmer of daylight to break through, so I’m going to the latest drafted of the four wide receivers, and the one whose ability is far beyond the draft capital invested in him.
Latest posts by TJ Calkins (see all)
- Eight Players to Sell in Dynasty on the Eve of the 2018 Season - September 4, 2018
- Eight Players to Buy in Dynasty on the Eve of the 2018 Season - September 1, 2018
- 2018 Summer Sleeper: Cleveland Browns - July 11, 2018