We begin our annual 32-part Summer Sleeper series where DLF scribes identify a lightly-touted player on each NFL roster who may be worthy of your consideration. Our subjects all have varying levels of “sleeperness,” but each merits a bit of in-depth discussion here in the Premium Content section.
To help everybody along, we are going to be categorizing our sleepers under one of three headings:
- Super Deep Sleepers – Players who aren’t roster-worthy in 12-team leagues, but are still worth keeping an eye on.
- Deep Sleepers – An end of the roster player who is more often than not on the waiver wire in 12-team leagues.
- Sleeper – A likely rostered player who makes for a good trade target. Their startup ADP puts them out of the top-175 or so.
Because we aren’t going give you the likes of mainstream sleepers, most of these players will undoubtedly fizzle. All we are asking is for you to keep an open mind and perhaps be willing to make room for one of these players on your bench. You never know when the next Willie Snead is going to spring up. Feel free to add your own thoughts about our choice for the designated sleeper, or nominate one of your own in the comments below.
The Denver Broncos finished the 2016 season with a 9-7 record while placing third in the AFC West Division. The offense took a step back last year, ranking 27th in the league in rushing yardage and 21st in passing yards. The inefficient play from both of their young quarterbacks, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch, was one of the main reasons why the offensive production declined last year. The run game was also stagnant as the team netted just 3.6 yards per rush attempt. The offensive line gave up 40 sacks last season and was considered one of the worst units in the league. Since then, they’ve made some improvements to the offensive line by adding Donald Stephenson and Ronald Leary through free agency and by drafting Garett Bolles in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Latest posts by Bruce Matson (see all)
- 2018 Rookie Profile: Roc Thomas, Jacksonville State - April 19, 2018
- 2018 Rookie Profile: Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame - April 15, 2018
- 2018 Rookie Profile: Tre’Quan Smith, WR UCF - April 12, 2018