Week Seventeen Lineup Advice

The DLF advice column is open for business and ready for the remaining teams still playing through week seventeen.

As promised, part of your Premium Subscription comes with access to this column each and every week. If you’d like a second opinion on your lineup for the week, simply comment down below on this post with your question.

We’ll answer every single lineup question that’s submitted in a timely fashion as an exclusive service for our Premium Content members.

Just remember to keep things short, but also let us know if your league is PPR, non-PPR or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect our advice.

Let’s get to it!

Ken Kelly
Robert Hoffman

Week 17 championship!! Thanks for all the advice so far. PPR – Randall Cobb or Victor Cruz??
Don’t think I can trust Victor the way things have been. Thanks again

Reply to  Robert Hoffman

I think you’ve got to start Cobb. He’s been too good.

babineaux6ofus

Andy Dalton or Russell Wilson.

Dalton has been my guy because I have AJ Green.

Crazy scoring. QB’s get 6 pts for passing and rushing TD’s but do not get yardage points until after 250 yds which Wilson rarely does.

I’m really torn because
a) the bengals can not affect their seeding with a win
b) Russell Wilson has been out scoring dalton big time
c) I’m big on starting your starters

1000 dollars on the line.

Thanks in advance

Reply to  babineaux6ofus

I’d start Wilson, he’s been a monster recently. But go with your gut on this one. BAL’s secondary isn’t bad. Wilson has to be my guy here. But with that much money on the line, start who YOU want to. It’s a tough choice. Last time Wilson played STL … it was his worse game of the year. But it was in week 4.

JBlake

Stupid Week 17 Championships…Matt Ryan or Colin Kaepernick? I’ve been rolling without a backup QB all year, but now that the Falcons have locked up the #1 seed, I’m hearing Mattie may not play the whole game. Kaep seemed the best option off the waiver wire, other options include Locker/Bradford/Foles/Tannehill/Henne. Thanks!

cb591858
Reply to  JBlake

I say Kaep. Have not heard much about Matt Ryan playing or not playing, but that seems to make sense if you have good reason to believe Matt Ryan won’t play a full game. As an avid Eagles fan, word is that Foles is not starting this weekend, Vick is. So safe to discard Foles as an option. Its hard to advise you to roll the dice with Locker/Tannehill/Henne. Also, while I like Bradford, definitely not nearly as much as I like Kaep. If you can confirm you need a replacement for Matty Ice, I would recommend Kaep for the ole last-minute-scoop-n-start.

Reply to  JBlake

Falcons have little to play for … I think you have to roll with Kaep.

Ashley Moser

Romo or Russell Wilson?

Reply to  Ashley Moser

I still start Romo here.

cb591858

In a Week 17 Championship, PPR:

QB RG3
RB McCoy
RB EITHER Montell Owens, Vick Ballard, Matt Forte, Mark Ingram
WR Welker
WR Steve Smith
WR Wayne
FLEX (any offensive player besides a QB) EITHER Danario Alexander, Crabtree, or any of the above RBs

Any advice on who to start at my RB2 and FLEX given the above depth chart? Thanks!

Reply to  cb591858

I’m sticking with my studs .. or as close to as you have, Forte’

I’d start DX.

Robert Hoffman

Another PPR question. Pitta or Gonzo?? I’m thinking Gonzo may get some rest this week

Reply to  Robert Hoffman

I’m thinking he will too. Maybe plays a 1/2. Start Pitta.

Ryan Macnamara

1/2 PPR – Pick one: Mark Ingram, Miles Austin or David Wilson?
Full PPR – Pick two: Denario Alexander, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Greg Olsen, Torrey Smith?
Pick one: Steelers Vs Cle or NYG vs Phi (standard ESPN scoring)

Thanks so much for the advice this year!!!

cb591858
Reply to  Ryan Macnamara

Austin, Romo’s been excellent and I was listening to the radio and the WIP host made a good point saying this is a particularly big game in Romo’s career as he’s apparently had like 2 games in the past couple years where he came up small the last game of the season. I’m an Eagles fan (sadly), but even I would bet on Romo coming through this week. Austin is a favorite target and because Dez is so effortlessly amazing Austin can be the Scottie Pippen to Dez’s Michael Jordan and get his consistently. Ingram is a guy I feel like already had his best games of the season. David Wilson honestly I’m a little uneducated on at the moment, but he’s not scaring me if I’m your opponent.

Reply to  Ryan Macnamara

Austin
DX and Brown

Steelers for sure this week. They’re playing against a third string QB.

Claus Joensen

Hi Guys

Sit or play Julio Jones non PRR?

Alternatives to play is Miles Austin, Danario Alexander, Jordy Nelson and Santana Moss

Right now im starting Austin and Alexander, reading that Jones might sit sunday.

Help – championship game.

Reply to  Claus Joensen

I can’t say start Jones. He may play or may sit half the game. I’d say go with Austin in a must win for the Cowboys.

I’m fine with both Austin and DX. Good luck

Ryan Macnamara

Pick one: Steelers Vs Cle or NYG vs Phi (standard ESPN scoring)

Thanks!

Reply to  Ryan Macnamara

Howdy Ryan.

DX and Brown

Steelers for sure this week. They’re playing against a third string QB.

JBlake

If Houston wins, the Patriots may have nothing to play for by 4:25, right? In a no TE, non-PPR, TD-heavy scoring format, should I substitute…

Britt for Hernandez
BPierce for Ridley (opponent has Ray Rice, who may not play much)

Reply to  JBlake

Ray Rice isn’t going to play at all it seems.

You never know with New England, whether they have something play for or not. A couple of seasons ago, they played all their starters with nothing to play for and lost Welker to an ACL early in the game.

I think it’s safe to play Britt for Hernandez and Pierce for Ridley in this case. With Ray Rice not playing, Pierce is a good play. Britt is not a lock to be a good producer this week but I’d rather have him on the field than Hernandez sitting or losing snaps to a returning Gronk.