The Dynasty Aftermath: Week Fifteen

Welcome to DLF’s Dynasty Aftermath. This Tuesday staple has long been one of our signature pieces as we have a little fun after a tough week at the Dynasty League Football office. You’ll find this article will review the week’s happenings in a variety of ways and help set you up for the coming weeks as we spin around the league in the way we know best. After fifteen weeks, it’s put up or shut up time in dynasty leagues.

Let’s take our weekly spin around the league!

Week Fifteen Fantasy MVP

How about this rookie class of players? We all know about Doug Martin, RGIII and Andrew Luck, but Russell Wilson needs to be getting more credit than he has been. The rookie record for touchdown passes is 26 by Peyton Manning and Wilson sits at 21 with two more weeks to go. This week, he was a fantasy stud with 205 passing yards, one passing touchdown, 92 rushing yards and three more rushing touchdowns. Everyone talks about Luck being the first rookie to lead his team to nine wins. Well, Wilson is the second and he could very well end up with ten or eleven. While the Seahawks limited him early on, he’s really turned on over the last six weeks as he’s accounted for 14 touchdowns and one (yes, one) interception.

Oh, but I forgot he’s still too small to play the position.

Week Fifteen Fantasy LVP

Since being named a starter at wide receiver for the Chargers five weeks ago, Danario Alexander had accounted for 30 catches, 494 yards and five touchdowns, making him a top option in virtually any league. What did he do during this ever important playoff week?  Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You and I had as many fantasy points as DX did this Sunday and it likely cost many teams a shot at winning a dynasty leagee title.

Sigh.

Lineup Fun The virtually unbeatable lineup of the week…

QB Russell Wilson SEA  = 205 passing yards, 92 rushing yards, four total touchdowns
RB Danny Woodhead NE  = 61 rushing yards, two touchdowns, five catches, 23 receiving yards
RB Adrian Peterson MIN  = 212 rushing yards, one touchdown
RB Beanie Wells ARI  = 67 rushing yards, three touchdowns
WR Andre Johnson HOU  = 11 receptions, 151 receiving yards, one touchdown
WR Michael Crabtree SF  = Seven receptions, 107 receiving yards, two touchdowns
WR Brandon Lloyd SF = Ten receptions, 190 receiving yards
TE Dennis Pitta BAL  = Seven receptions, 125 receiving yards, two touchdowns

The dominant underdog lineup of the week…

QB Kirk Cousins WAS = 329 passing yards, two touchdowns, one interception, 22 rushing yards
RB Mike Tolbert CAR   =  64 total yards, two catches, two touchdowns
RB Dexter McCluster KC  = Seven receptions, 59 receiving yards
RB Evan Royster WAS  = 33 total yards, two catches, one touchdown
WR James Jones GB  = Five catches, 60 receiving yards, three touchdowns
WR Leonard Hankerson WAS  = Two receptions, 56 receiving yards, two touchdowns
WR Joe Morgan NO  =  Two catches, 61 receiving yards, one touchdown
TE Anthony Fasano MIA  = Six receptions, 56 receiving yards, one touchdown

The unexpectedly horrible lineup of the week…

QB Josh Freeman TB  279 passing yards, four interceptions, one lost fumble
RB Daniel Thomas MIA = One carry, six rushing yards
RB Bryce Brown PHI  = 16 carries, 34 rushing yards, one catch, 11 receiving yards
RB Jamaal Charles KC  = 10 rushing yards, three catches, 18 receiving yards
WR Danario Alexander SD  = No catches
WR Kenny Britt TEN  = One catch, seven receiving yards
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey OAK  = No catches
TE Vernon Davis  = One catch, ten yards

Gut Checks

I’d be worried if…

I’m relying on Vernon Davis in championship week. Wow, he’s just lost in the 49ers offense right now.

I have Ryan Mathews on my dynasty roster. Frustrating doesn’t even begin to describe the feelings of his owners now that he’s broken his other collarbone and has been lost for the season.

I haven’t dropped Mark Sanchez yet. Yikes.

I’m relying on Stevan Ridley for my championship week. He has a bright future, but you just never know when he’ll post a total clunker.

I’m still hesitating on playing Alfred Morris. What does the man have to do?

You’re just ignoring how good Kirk Cousins actually looked – he’s a good deep league stash.

You expect another game like that from James Jones…of course, he’ll post it when you don’t.

You’re thinking Brandon Lloyd has finally figured it out.

I’m overvaluing Trent Richardson. Look, he’s great and all, but let’s not forget he’s only averaging 3.5 yards per carry and looks like he’s hit the rookie wall. We’d have verification of that if the Browns would actually give him more carries.

I expect any form of consistency from Torrey Smith, concussion or not.

I’m thinking of benching some of my studs this week for some players who have better matchups – don’t spend the Summer crying.

I gave up on Justin Blackmon.

I underrated Michael Crabtree this season (thanks to Steve Wyremski, most of you didn’t this year)

I expect to see another three touchdown game from Beanie Wells. Ever.

I underestimated the magic of Tom Brady in fantasy or reality.

I’m playing Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson in championship week. While it’s scary enough to have them on the schedule, it’s worse when they’re going for all time records.

I’m still not trusting Knowshon Moreno for the rest of the season.

I own Denarius Moore. Slowly, but surely, Rod Streater is stealing his mojo.

I think MJD is going to play again this year. Why would they?

I’m not already making a list of players who I’d like to acquire in the off-season. Guess who will be there with tons of articles to help?

Have fun during championship week!

Ken Kelly
pete

who woulda thought crabtree was an alex smith concussion away from being unleashed on his opponents? vernon davis should be on deck, although likely next season.

SJ
Reply to  pete

Crab’s looked pretty amazing with Kaep in. Your right, I have a feeling he’ll be a “upside” target on most fantasy websites this offseason

luke deighton

If not for Davis short arming two balls he would have had 2 touchdowns. Just gotta get that chemistry going. Definite buy for 2013

Chris

Have to start 3 in championship week: Law Firm, Ridley, TRich, LeShoure. Which 3 would you choose? I have been starting the first 3, but Ridley’s fumbling is scaring me.

SJ

I’ve obviously missed out on the buy low period for Wilson (he’s always been pretty highly valued in dynasty, though honestly).

I have a pretty gaping hole at QB1 and hes a guy I want to hang my hat on. Whats a fair offer to obtain him?

Jeff Haverlack
Reply to  SJ

That really all depens on the owner that has him SJ. You’re buying him at an all-time high … of course, he’s only a rookie. But if the other coach has a younger top 10 QB, you may be able to get him for a lot less.

Move a draft pick and young depth to land him.

SJ

“Oh, but I forgot he’s still too small to play the position.”

Lol! love what u did there. What a moronic argument during draft season by so called talent evaluators. Yeah, his height is really an issue now. lol

Jeff Haverlack
Reply to  SJ

To be fair though, so many undersized QBs just never pan out … it’s very tough to do. But even though I had my significant doubts, I believed he was one guy that I wouldn’t bet against and I really like the size of his heart. I always fear for the running QB but he has the work ethic and intelligence to be a great QB.

VoiceofUnreason
Reply to  SJ

Also, Adrian Peterson may have a good year even after the knee injury. I also predict a good year for Peyton Manning.

dave lamson

I made a trade in principle that will be made after our playoffs are complete. I had Kaepernick on my practice squad and Russell Wilson on my roster along with Josh Freeman. I was thin at WR and agreed to a trade 3 weeks ago to trade Wilson & a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon & a 1st round pick. The way Wilson is playing is off the charts and I’m trying real hard not to kick myself in the butt. I do believe Gordon will be an asset though in the long run. Our trade will be announced as soon as our playoffs are over. Its just funny how well these rookie QB’s are playing these days.

Cyrus Miller
Reply to  dave lamson

I respect you for sticking with the trade, although it isn’t a “bad trade.” I just know a lot of cowards in my leagues who would find a way to renege prior to the official announcement.

Matt Wertz

I think Wilson is overrated, and this might be the best season he ever has.

Ryan Krcil
Reply to  Matt Wertz

Any reasons to think this?

VoiceofUnreason
Reply to  Matt Wertz

Not sure if I’d go that far but I expect he’ll be a lot cheaper this time next year for sure.

Danton Goulet

I’m pretty sure my whole lineup should have been the horrible lineup of the week, of course when playing the top team in the playoffs in non PPR.
Dalton 14 points
Gore 17 points (the only bright spot)
Mathews 2 points
Boldin 0 points
DThomas 1 points
Britt 0 points
Gates 9 points (actually not bad compared to what he has done lately)
Zuerlein 2 points
Ravens 2 points
The bad part is with my entire team, my optimum point total was 66 points.
Way to show up for a big game team.

Jeff Haverlack
Reply to  Danton Goulet

Your story is shared by many this week DAG. I played games to get into the championship against teams that were stacked with talent that put up their low points for the season this past week. Just an odd week.

joeday
Reply to  Danton Goulet

The team I played had:
Stafford @10
Ray Rice @4
Martin @3
Alexander 0
Cecil @13
Daniels 4
Tynes -1
Steelers D 2

He scored 35 points…lost by 110. By far the most shocking bad scoring lineup.

Justin Kilmer

I played against Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, and Seattle DEF. I didn’t have much of a chance this week.

JBlake

Kudos to those who took RWilson in the 3rd/4th round of rookie drafts (before he was announced as the starter). And to think I was upset that Matt Flynn was picked off my team in an expansion draft…

Ken Dogson

In deeeeep leagues consider two Packers:

WR, Jarrett Boykin
TE, DJ Williams

Finley and Driver are unlikely to be back. Jennings is a FA and may not be back.

Matt Wertz

First off, I am far from an expert. I just feel that defenses will catch up to him. He doesn’t do anything great or terrible, but he has been extremely fortunate this year not to have more interceptions. I hope I am wrong, from what I have seen I like the guy. He won’t get a lot of chances if he starts playing bad, like a guy would with a plus arm or size.

Ethan

Russell Wilson has a cannon Matt. The only knock on him at all was his height.

Asa

i traded stafford for the #1 overall in our dynasty (everyone thought i was smoking crack) and selected luck. in the second round i took russell wilson (everyone was now sure i was smoking crack). i really couldn’t be happier with my team and my choices. in the championship game this week. with those guys.

Dave Lamson
Reply to  Asa

I did a similar trade this season. I traded Stafford and a 5th round pick for RGIII and a 1st round pick in 2013. It was probably the best trade I made ever. I drafted Wilson also late in this years draft that made what was a bad team at least competative.