Week Fourteen Lineup Advice

The DLF advice column is open for business and ready for the playoff stretch run!

As promised, part of your Premium Subscription comes with access to this column each and every week. If you’d like a second opinion on your lineup for the week, simply comment down below on this post with your question.

We’ll answer every single lineup question that’s submitted in a timely fashion as an exclusive service for our Premium Content members.

Just remember to keep things short, but also let us know if your league is PPR, non-PPR or if there are any unusual scoring rules that would affect our advice.

Let’s get to it!

Jeff Haverlack
Matthew M

PPR league. Need 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (WR/RB). 3 game losing streak and need a win big time! We also get some points for punt/kick returns.
QB: Ryan, Schaub, Locker
RB: Charles, Ridley, S. Jackson
WR: Cobb, Roddy White, Nicks, Hilton, Rice, Steve Smith (CAR), Jennings

Right now my lineup is:
Schuab, Charles, Cobb, White, Hilton, Jennings

Matthew M
Reply to  Matthew M

Scratch that, right now benching White and putting in Nicks.

Tyler Shelton

Ok playoff implications, non-PPR:

Kendall Wright or D. Alexander?
Cam Newton or Luck?

Thanks!

legendofhillis
Reply to  Tyler Shelton

d jax, Philip rivers go to target as of late. There is no such thing as a rushing attack in san diego right now. Red zone threat and getting a full compliment of snaps.

As for Newton or luck: I would go with Newton this week as he has finally started to produce like people expected him to all year. currently the number 6 QB on the year. This week i see the panthers airing it out with little production from the run game. Lucks stat line may have been impressive but after watching the game tape he was a lot worse then the numbers show. Newton wont let you down this week.

legendofhillis
Reply to  legendofhillis

*Alexander

Tyler Shelton
Reply to  legendofhillis

I’m just not sure I trust Alexander against that Pit D, whereas Wright is facing a Ind D that has given up the 3rd most points to opposing WR.

Ryan Buzard
Reply to  Tyler Shelton

Ike Taylot, Pitt’s best corner is out too though…just some food for thought

Tyler Shelton
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Would you prefer D Alexander over D Moore?

thefranchise1077

First Rd of Playoffs

Needs some RB Help

Alf Morris (Just not getting the Td’s right now)
Ridley (tough matchup in Houston)
Mcfadden (Do I trust him coming off the foot injury)

Pick 2

Thanks

I am leaning towards DMC and Alf.

Ashley Moser

Luck or Brees

Drew Swanson

Non PPR, 4 point pass TD, 6 point rush TD, Standard scoring

Pick 1 QB – Romo or Dalton

Pick 1 WR – James Jones, Danario Alexander, Brandon Lloyd, Josh Gordon, A. Brown
— DX and Lloyd are rostered already but I have good waiver priority to snag 1 of the others —

Pick 2 RB – Foster, Martin, Bryce Brown, DMC, CJ2K

Pick 1 DEF – Cincy (play Cowboys) or Seattle (play Cardinals) Points for sacks, INts, etc only.

Thanks in advance. Big week!!

Drew Swanson
Reply to  Drew Swanson

– Add Kenny Britt to the WR list (I could add him too)

Drew Swanson
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thank you!

Timothy Holloway

PPR Superflex.

Starting Rodgers and Ryan

Pick 2
SJax @Buff
Lynch vs AZ
Moreno @ Oak
Mathews @ Pitt
BGE vs Dal
Quizz @ Car

Pick 1 between Harvin (Chi), Danario (Pitt)or Fitzgerald (Sea)…starting Calvin and Wayne.
Pick 1 between Pettigrew (@GB) or Olsen (vs

Thanks

Ryan Buzard

PPR, pick 1- Forte, DMC, Reece

PPR, pick 4- Nicks, Demaryius, Danario, Amendola Hilton Martellus Bennett

1/2 PPR, pick 1- Harvin (likely out), Denarious, or Britt

1/2 PPR, pick 4- cruz, cobb, garcon, harvin (though likely out), stevie J, amendola, blackmon, marcedes lewis

First round of playoffs…thanks for all your advice this season

Brad Fisher

I have two RB setups to ask your opinion on, Both leagues same scoring: 1 pt per 6 rush/rec yards, 6 TD, non-PPR:

League A I need to choose between Mathews or Moreno to start opposite Doug Martin

League B I need to choose two of: Ray Rice, Demarco Murray, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson

I have a good idea who I’m going to start but I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!

Brad Fisher
Reply to  Brad Fisher

I’m also sitting Fitz in League B, do I start Josh Gordon, Golden Tate, Kenny Britt or Justin Blackmon in his place?

nick_depinho

PPR
Need 1 RB/WR and 1 WR

Knowshon Moreno, Chris Givens, Blackmon, Jonathan Dwyer, Kendall Wright

Im leaning flex- Moreno
Chris Givens WR

Ryan Macnamara

For all the marbles. PPR.

1. Pick one: Ryan Mathews or Miles Austin?
2. Pick one: Pierre Garcon or Kenny Britt?
3. Pick one: Mikel LeShoure, Ryan Mathews or Denario Alexander?
4. Pick two: Ryan Mathews, Greg Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Denario Alexander, Torrey Smith and Antonio Brown?

Really, really appreciate all the advice this year guys!

Ryan Buzard
Reply to  Ryan Macnamara

Austin
Garcon
Danario
Danario Stevie

mike slobodzian

Need 2 RB’s S.Greene,T.Richardson,J.Charles or S.Vereen.

Need 4 WR’s Julio Jones,James Jones,A.Johnson,V.Jackson,M.Crabtree or D.Amendola

Thanks

mike slobodzian
Reply to  mike slobodzian

Standard League

hawkshoops
Reply to  mike slobodzian

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Jay Daily

Non-PPR, TD Heavy (6pts), yardage points roughly 1 per 50 (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Big Ben is too sketchy if he plays, right? Leaning toward R. Wilson, over Ben and Bradford.
RB: Debating Benching Mathews for B. Powell, or Vereen?
WR: Dez, Cobb, Decker? Leaning toward Dez and Cobb. (need two)

Crunch-time, now is when it gets interesting! Thanks for your thoughts.

legendofhillis
Reply to  Jay Daily

Qb: Russel Wilson is a strong play this week. Especially considering your other options

Rb: Really hate Mathews outlook the rest of the year and especially with Norv turner calling the shots. But you simply cant bench a 15 plus touch guy for either Vereen or Powell. Vereen up against Houston and Powell will not get enough touches to contribute.

Wr: Dez and Cobb and its not close: Dez is playing out of his mind and finally realizing his true potential. Cowboys figure to get the ball in his hands a lot more and is one of the most reliable red zone receivers in the NFL. Cobb is Also Percy Harvin like and oe of the most dynamic receivers we have in the league. Really like his chances to find the end zone this week.

Joe Cristiano

Jay Daily
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

FWIW – Went Wilson/Powell/Bryant/Cobb. The thinking was sound, but missed out on Ben’s garbage time. Still, have a lead going into MNF. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the input guys.

Ryan Brown

Playoffs round 1 for me big decisions, Standard Scoring league:

Need to choose a 3rd WR and a TE:

Danario Alexander, Sidney Rice, Josh Gordon, and sadly L-Fitz (I am considering them in that order)

Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen, Dallas Clark (Same as above)

Thanks

f00sb4llpete

2 of:

maustin
dez bryant
greg jennings
jon dwyer

f00sb4llpete
Reply to  f00sb4llpete

or montell owens

Will Finnegan

Eli or Dalton
Thanks fellas

kristopherbanner

Biggest game of the year. Year 1 of 5. Currently rank 4 of 10. Lose and I don’t make playoffs. Win and I will based on points differential:

1 QB – Stafford, Wilson, Flacco
3 WR – Marshall (IN), Decker (IN), Cant pick between Josh Gordon, Brandon LaFell, Shorts, Amendola
2 RB – Moreno, Bryce Brown, Marcel Reece, Jonathan Stewart (all my starters are injured)
1 TE – Jimmy Graham (IN), Antonio Gates
1 W/R/T – Any of the above
1 K – Shayne Graham (Could Upgrade here)
1 D – Chicago (IN)

IR on bench McCoy, McGahee, Hunter, Andre Brown, Edelman

legendofhillis
Reply to  kristopherbanner

Stafford, best QB by far and the best matchup of the three. That game is set up to be a shootout with Green Bay. Stafford by a mile

Wr: With LaFell in a walking boot and Danny gimpy as of late i think its an easy to roll with Josh Gordon. With his big play ability, size and frame, and quantity of looks i think gordon is a top 15 play this week against a defeated, and exhausted KC team.

TE: Jimmy Grahams last few weeks are fluky. Look for him to strike fantasy gold this week against the G MEN.

RB: There should be no thinking in putting Bryce Brown in your lineup. Top 8 option this week regardless of his opponent. Has CJ Spiller type talent. was the number 1 high school prospect in his class. And Moreno by default assuming Stewart does not suit up due to high ankle sprain. Moreno has a plus matchup as well. Just look at how good the raiders made BJGE look last week.

Howard Hurlich

Non PPR league, please pick 2

Leshoure vs GB, Decker vs OAK or Cobb versus DET

Anthonyc24

Stafford or Romo

Pick one 1 pt ppr – Ballard, deangelo williams, maclin, j. finely

Jeremy Upah

ppr league
J.Gordon vs KC, Danario Alexander @ Pit or TBMW vs Philly?
I’m leaning towards Alexander but would like your 2 cents

Which D? Pats, Bills or Bucs

Matthew Shafran

2nd RB to play: jacquizz, joique bell, ballard?

thanks!

rodney711

Non PPR Playoffs

1-QB Brady or RG3, could be a shoot out in Houston.
2-RB F. Jackson, Ridley, Mareno, S. Green and Forte
3-WR Welker, T. Smith, A. Brown, Avery, Cobb and M. Williams
1-TE Olson, Pitta or Bennett

Thanks again for the Advice.

Luis Cardenas

Need some help play off time
PPR
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 TE, 1 flex wr TE rb

Newton, cutler, Kaepernick
Lynch, trichardson, McFadden
Austin, tsmith, Steve smith, James jones, britt, A brown, sanders, shorts
Clark, miller, tamme

Also free agents available if you think It’s worth the add
Mike Thomas, chandler, Givens, M Lewis, j bell, Vereeniging, Donnie Avery, Stokely, b Powell, Donald jones, Marvin jones, josh Morgan
I have space to pick up 2-3 in preparation for the playoffs..
Thanks this is my first year on this site and it’s the best!

Kevin Dummer

This one to get me to the superbowl in my non-PPR league.

Forte or Moreno

Pick two: S Johnson, Hilton, Britt or Gordon (assuming Harvin does not play)

Thanks

Kevin Dummer
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

WOW… I made it to the superbowl and all my starters scored more points then the bench guys.

Thanks for the help, I just barely beat the other guy and won by starting Moreno and Britt.

You guys are awesome!!!

Ariakis S

As the top seed I get to pick my week 14 foe (4 playoff teams / week 15 championship). 1pt=1yd/TD=30 which makes TD’s great for QB’s but boosts yardage over TD’s for skill position guys. No flex.

Team #1: Gore/Forte/Wayne/Julio/Daniels/Brees
Team #2: AP/Foster/White/Austin/Pettigrew/Eli

My team: Martin/TRich/DThomas/Garcon/JGraham/ARod (Spiller/Stevie my top reserves). Dominated but need to win atleast one to finish in the money despite the great regular season.

Early projections say a coin flip between these two with me beating both but neither a sure thing. Risk the Brees team over the stud RB team? Eli does have the Saints too.

Ariakis S

Non PPR an odd league that really came together with many solid but not exceptional options: CJ1K, SJax, AJohnson are in. Need 3 more: Garcon, Hernandez, DX, GTate, FJax, Matthews? I want to go 4RB’s but hard to bench both Garcon and Hernandez let alone the hot DX and Tate for mediocre RB’s.

Also … RG3 vs the Ravens or Eli against the Saints? Gotta just go with RG3 right?

Frank Angelo

Brady or Luck
all TDs worth 6 points, 1 point per 20 yds passing

D R

Non-PPR. Need 2 WR, 1 RB and a Flex:

Wr: Cobb, Nicks, Jennings, G. Tate. Rb: Murray, Mathews, Moreno.

lostcause

All TDs 6pts

I need a RB to play alongside Jamaal Charles

Pick one:
Bryce Brown @ TB
Knowshon @ Oak
Reggie Bush @ SF

Clearly Reggie is the last option…the reason I even put him here is that if I choose to go with Bryce then I give up the opportunity to start Moreno who is playing Thursday night. If McCoy makes a return to the field then Bryce is suddenly not such a good option and I have to choose between him and Reggie.. ahh crap.

Please offer some analysis and not just an opinion of who to start.

Thanks

Jared Davis
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

What about Shady? If he isn’t ruled out or tagged as doubtful by game time tomorrow night should I reconsider things and put Moreno in my lineup in case Shady returns?

Alan Bauerle

Ok if I win I’m in at 6-8. Lost lots of close battles this season. PPR need 3 wr. Goin w/ Cobb definately. Please pick 2 more.:
Wallace
Brown
K Wright
Hartline
Avery
Shorts( if healthy)
also 1qb
Schaub, Locker, or Foles
again if I win I’m in. Thanks DLF team and subscribers!

Hans Grieble

Playoffs full point ppr. I I need 4 ( one must be a TE) of these Fitz , Hilton, V. Jackson, Crabtree, Chris Givens, Vernon Davis, Tamme. Already starting B Marshall at wr and Gore and McFadden at RB.

Kris H

Need to win this week to make the playoffs (we play all 17 weeks)

First, which QB should I start (10 yards pass or rush = 1pt, TD = 6pt, Int = -3pt)
Ryan, M at Panthers
RG3 vs Ravens

Second, need to start 2 of the 3 RBs in a non-PPR league (10 yards rush or receive = 1pt, TD = 6pt)
Lynch, M vs Cardinals
Spiller, C vs Rams
Bradshaw, A vs Saints

Third, pick 3 of the 5 WRs (scoring is same as RB)
Britt, K at Colts
Brown, A vs Chargers
Crabtree, M vs Dolphins
Fitzgerald, L at Seahawks
Smith, S vs Falcons

Thanks in advance

JBlake

Our league pays most of the money for regular season champ, then playoffs Wk15/16/17. I’m tied for 1st but trailing the points tiebreaker by 9. Need a win and big scoring day, TD-heavy scoring, no TE position.

Need to start 2 RB: DMartin/JCharles/BBrown/Ridley

Need to start 3 WR: Demaryius/Julio/Nicks/Hernandez/Britt/Harvin

Need one flex from the leftovers.

JBlake
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Yeah, that’s close to how my lineup is set now, except that you would flex Hernandez over JCharles. I watched the Pats game, and it did seem like Hernandez was getting all the Red Zone looks, so I agree that he has the best TD potential, whereas Charles has not been scoring, especially with Hillis back. But if Charles goes off, I’ll be kicking myself forever…

lostcause

PPR
Need 1:
Sidney Rice
Golden Tate
Mike Thomas

ziggy19

At the flex spot:
DeMarco Murray (Dal – RB) or T.Y. Hilton (Ind – WR)

At the TE spot:
Vernon Davis (SF – TE) or Kyle Rudolph (Min – TE)

Jo Cat

H B
Reply to  H B

or pick 1 rb and 3 WRs. thanks

Wayne Trombly

Pick one: Palmer or Locker

nicholas nappo

Didn’t make playoffs… Should I trade Bryce Brown?
If so what is he worth?

Preston Hall

First playoff game after a bye. Which 3 WRs should I start, 16 team PPR league

Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Miles Austin, Denarius Moore, Torrey Smith, Danrio Alexander

I wouldn’t normally imagine benching Fitz for a WW pickup, but I think I am leaning towards White, Smith, and Alexander. All my WRs seem to be boom or bust outside White. Thanks for the feedback

Claus Joensen

Brandon Myers or DeAngelo Wiiliams on flex? I have Aaron Hernandez on TE?

other team

Myers or Hernandez on TE??
Or play both and drop Ballard from flex???

Thursday games have not been good to me fantasy wise, but Myers has a sweet matchup?

jdavini23

PPR League.

Who do I start at my 3 WR spots and my 1 Flex spot.

Mike Williams
Chris Givens
Steve Smith
Fitz
Josh Gordon
Miles Austin
Kendall Wright
Kyle Rudolph
Bryce Brown

Thank You.

Ryan Bekar

PPR League – Flex – Moreno or Vick Ballard?
Thanks!

Wayne Trombly

PPR..Josh Gordon or Mikel Leshoure

dco002

Opening game of the playoffs. PPR – Start 3 out of
Bryce Brown
Matt Forte
Ryan Mathews
Alf Morris

As of now I have Mathews benched.

Derek Lyste

Can only start 2 WRs and need to choose between these 3:

Julio Jones
Demaryus Thomas
Dez Bryant

Derek Lyste
Reply to  Derek Lyste

non-PPR

Jon Lambrecht

WR3 / flex start concerns. With one and done playoff implications on the line who do you take?
PPR standard scoring.

Gordon, S.Johnson, Maclin, Cobb (return yds not awarded), Stokely – need two

Flex spot, PPR standard scoring.

Dwyer, Blackmon, J.Wright, M.Thomas, M.Bennet – need one

Thanks all and good luck in the playoffs to those that made it.

Steve Labac

Pick 4: Mikel Leshoure, DMC, DeMarco Murray, Martellus Bennett and Heath Miller. PPR scoring.

D R

Non-ppr. Golden Tate or Britt?