The 2012 Essential Dynasty Cheat Sheet Now Available!

We brought you our Top 400 Cheat Sheet earlier this off-season, but that’s simply not enough cheat sheet madness to satisfy our loyal followers here at DLF.  You’ll find the updated “Essential Dynasty Cheat Sheet” here and it includes all the following:

Quarterbacks
Running Backs
Wide Receivers
Tight Ends
Rookies
D/ST
Defensive Tackles
Defensive Ends
Strong Safeties
Cornerbacks
Linebackers

Keep in mind that you can always view our updated rankings on the site and that the offensive rankings are for standard PPR leagues, so adjust accordingly.

Good luck in your drafts!

Ken Kelly
robertdhenley

kenny britt at 15th best wr, i dont think so

Jimmy Graham Cracker

Some of these rankings are pretty bad.

Reply to  Jimmy Graham Cracker

Jimmy –

What rankings in particular do you not agree with and why? Rankings always bring out great discussions on player values so it’d be great to gain insight in to your perspective.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
Reply to  Jimmy Graham Cracker

I think for the most part they are pretty good. I just think it’s a little much in regard to ranking studs significantly higher than proven studs – i.e. Luck and Griffin ranked above guys like Romo and Rivers. Denarius Moore and Eric Decker ranked below Justin Blackmon?

Also, guys like Spiller are ranked below average talents like Lynch and Bradshaw.

Kenny Britt @ 15? Yeesh. Josh Gordon ranked @ 48?

These are just a couple, but they highlight my overall point.

Alan Bauerle
Reply to  Jimmy Graham Cracker

Totally agree Jimmy. As my post below states. Just can’t see how griffin n luck right now are better that both mannings rivers n romo. I’d rank em after these guys.

Sensei John Kreese

I don’t think the rankings are perfect, but they seem pretty solid to me.

Alan Bauerle

The only ranking I don’t agree with is Bob Griffin as the 8th best qb. Dude hasn’t played a down of football yet( preseason not included) Oh n Luck at 6. I dunno in my opinion you gotta do something to even get ranked w guys who been in the league for years. For them to be in the top 10 is too much. But what the hell do I know..I’m a freaking bartender not a Dynasty writer.

Admin
Reply to  Alan Bauerle

Alan, you bring up a great point about rookies in general. There are three ways of looking at ranking rookies…A) You can either penalize them for their lack of playing at an NFL level and ignore what you think they will develop into, or B) You can rank them where you think they will be eventually, or C) You can rank them where you think they “need” to be drafted based on their production (more of a redraft perspective).

I tend to use the ‘B’ methodology when ranking…if I want to ever own the potential of a guy like RGIII or Luck, then I have to draft them for what I think they will become, or at least closer to that. Otherwise, you’ll never own the next Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson.

It does leave you open for over-ranking players & having a higher bust rate, but I’d also argue that it gives you much higher upside on your teams.

Alan Bauerle

I kinda agree w/ you but… I’ll never miss out on the next big thing because of our rookie draft. I’d say that applies when you are drafting for a dynasty start up. Even then I would like to have a starting qb in front of those rooks. I’d rather have Phil Rivers or Eli Manning to start out before I Draft a team w a huge question mark at qb. I dunno if I’d be happy w/ a great team and depth to boot only to lose games only because I drafted talent over proven expirience. Just my 2cents

Alan Bauerle
Reply to  Alan Bauerle

At the same time this cheatsheet is a good tool to have. I’d be using it if I were drafting in a dynasty start up. Good job guys.

Jordan Stallard

Mendenhall as the #22 RB??? I can’t even trade him for a ham sandwich in the 2 leagues where I own him. Maybe I should be holding?

Chad Benner

Julio Jones should be above AJ Green, better situation and better preseason production.

Randall Cobb above Kendall Wright? Cobb might not even be a WR4 on his own team and Wright is a starter.

I agree with these rankings for the most part though. This is the FIRST time someone got their cheet sheat right. This looks to be the MOST accurate DYNASTY cheat sheet I have seen. DLF knows how to rank the rookies as dynasty league owners know we need to balance win now and win next year. Thank you for this cheat sheet. Is it possible to get it as a downloadable excel file somehow? Maybe for premium owners?

Chad Benner

Um, where are the kickers? They should be listed too as they are a part of our starting line-ups.

Chad Benner

Jaiquawn Jarrett? The guy might be cut. I have been saying this for over a month. He is a bust.