Dolphin Tale

After an incredibly disappointing season in New England, Chad Ochocinco has moved on and signed with the Miami Dolphins.  With the value of “The Ocho” at an all-time low, the last year reminds us of one cold, hard fact in dynasty leagues.

Everything comes to an end.

The player formerly known as Chad Johnson entered the league out of Oregon State and promptly surprised many by becoming one of the best receivers in fantasy and reality with the Bengals. From 2002-2007, few receivers were better as he posted over 8,000 yards and scored 48 touchdowns during that six year span. Carson Palmer and Ochocinco were a dynasty haven for points during that magical stretch and they won countless games and even championships for their owners. If not for Kimo Von Oelhoffen, they may have had a real title as well. However, his last four seasons have been mostly forgettable, save 2009 where he was able to record his seventh 1,000 yard season. His inevitable demise really reared its ugly head in last year’s disaster in New England.

The point of this article isn’t about judging the value of Ochocinco in dynasty leagues. While he could emerge as a starter in Miami, it’s clear his days of being truly relevant in dynasty leagues has passed. At this point last season, there was major hope he could emerge in New England as a serious playmaker, but those days seem like a long, long time ago. He could surprise with a few solid games for the Dolphins, but the 34-year old Ochocinco has lost a few steps and there seems to be genuine worry that he can pick up the offense in Miami. After all, he still didn’t have a clue in New England all the way up to his release.

The object of this article is really to remind all of us that we need to stop every once in a while and appreciate the game we have. The players we root for can be gone in an instant and it’s likely only then where we really appreciate what we’ve seen from them. After all, one of the all-time great fantasy football players in LaDanian Tomlinson called it quits earlier today.

In the dynasty league started by the founders of this site way back in 2003, Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson were two of my start-up draft picks. Nine years and six championships later, they’re both finally gone off my roster. I’ll always remember the run of the Bengals during that stretch and have some great Sunday memories of the Carson-to-Chad hookup.

That’s the point.

In a dynasty league, it’s easy to get caught up in trades, rivalries, rules, research, history and strategy. You can sit at your computer all day combing over stats and figuring out new rankings, tiers, or trying to find the next great pickup. After all, that’s part of the fun. In fact, some of you may not even watch the games and simply comb through that information all day long before realizing it’s Monday and you still haven’t had your Sunday breakfast. I’ve done it myself on a Sunday or two!  We can even take things personally and may get in an argument with a fellow owner over a botched trade, lineup decision or controversy over a rule.

We at DLF are as guilty as anyone of throwing as much information at you as possible – it’s what we’re here for! However, we all need to stop every once in a while and truly enjoy those magical performances we see on Sundays and, more importantly, the players we enjoy watching. They’re gone before you know it and replaced with that shiny new rookie toy – it’s the nature of dynasty leagues and anyone who has been in one understands the attachment you can have with a player.

We all have our favorites throughout the years. For us at DLF, that group includes the likes of Chad Ochocinco, Daunte Culpepper, Antonio Gates and John Elway. For you, maybe it’s Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice or Peyton Manning. While we wish some of these players would find the fountain of youth, Father Time is still undefeated.

I’ll always remember the ridiculous antics of Ochocinco. While some were truly stupid (Hall of Fame jacket, anyone), others were funny (the countless gifts to opposing cornerbacks). I’ll remember the Carson-to-Chad Sunday morning long bombs and Chad breaking down when teammate Chris Henry died tragically. While he’s now relegated to little more than a circus side show for HBO’s Hard Knocks, I’ll still tune in just to shake my head and roll my eyes one more time.

After all, he’ll be gone before I know it.

I’d like to do something a little creative with the comments on this post. The point of this article was obviously meant for us to take a moment this off-season and think back at some of the best memories we have of some of our dynasty players. Take a moment to share your favorite player or moment in your dynasty league. A one point victory? A magical performance? What moment in time resonates the most during your experience or which player have you rooted for the most in dynasty leagues? Let’s enjoy our unique community by sharing some of those great memories!

Ken Kelly
Daniel Malone

My favorite moment didn’t even occur with one of my own players. I was playing a guy in 2005 who owned Jeremiah Trotter. He was down by something minuscule, and Trotter would be the last player in our matchup to go. I was pretty much done, and would start the season 0-1.

NOPE.

Trotter got ejected before the game even kicked off for starting a scuffle at midfield during warm ups. That’s the closest I’ve ever come to divine intervention in fantasy football.

As for my favorite player owned, it’s changed through the years, but Ray Rice has been my favorite home run draft pick.

Reply to  Daniel Malone

It’s funny you mention that. I was on the wrong end of that debacle. I was down by 8 points going into that game, a small margin with our scoring, and next thing you know. GONE.

Super ticked!

Daniel Malone
Reply to  Eric Olinger

Even without thst game, Trotter ended up with some of his best production that year.

William Latin

One of my fav’s is Marvin Harrison… classy guy. Won my first championship with him his rookie year.
Not a stud by any means but I also loved Amani Toomer… everybody on my team passed on him and I scooped him up every year super late and laughed as he outperformed many other WRs…

Joe Schmo
Reply to  William Latin

I traded Toomer for the rookie draft pick I used to select Chris Johnson. CJ2K rewarded me by guiding me to the ’09 title. What a fleecing!

packer11491

I picked up Cam Newton the absolute last pick in my Draft last year. Makes me laugh when I think about how I got Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning my first 2 picks in the Draft. It gave me hope.

Joe Schmo

1st comment: Six championships in nine years?! Gives a whole new meaning to the term “dynasty.”

2nd comment: Priest Holmes. That is all.

Admin

LT. Probably my favorite all time player. His greatness will be missed.

Joe Schmo

I had a pretty memorable IDP moment I summed up on my message board after I narrowly missed out on the ’07 league title game. It’s kinda long, but some of you may enjoy it:

Wow, that was one of the most exciting football games I’ve ever watched. Urlacher was aflame! That was a man who could care less that the Bears record is dismal. He was zooming around that field in the first half like a rotweiler on crystal meth.

To set the scene for anyone not paying attention and wondering what we’re ranting about, here goes: After Sunday’s games, my team, Greenbow, was down to Gotham 211-185 in the Doom Conference championship game.

I still had Brian Urlacher and Gotham still had the Bears kicker, Robbie “Solid” Gould. So for those of you that are abacus-challenged, that means I needed the cornbread-fed linebacker outta New Mexico to outscore a pencil-neck kicker by 27. So I thought I had no chance. I’ve been happy to get 27 total from Urlacher this season, so I thought there was no way he would even come close to scoring the 40 or so I would need to win. It’s certainly not unprecedented for a linebacker to score 40 in this league, but I knew my chances were slim.

Well, to make a long story a little less long, Urlacher ran rampant on the Vikings in the first half – blowing past the O-line for sacks, diving on fumbles, picking off passes, and tackling runners like they had insulted his momma. I took notice and realized that I might actually have a shot to win this thing.

I looked at the live scoring in the 4th quarter and I was down by around 8 points. Urlacher then proceeded to get a sack and a tackle. I thought it was chicken dinner. I was running around the house and screaming like Hulk Hogan had just body slammed Andre the Giant in my living room. I get into fantasy football way more than is healthy for a grown man, but this was perhaps the most intense fantasy moment in my life. (Unless you count that dream with Jessica Simpson! – [rimshot]).

But alas, Urlacher did nothing while the Vikings had the ball and the Bears had the ball a bunch. The dream was dead. But then I realized that if the Bears could score, it would go into overtime and perhaps give Urlacher another shot. He just needed one measly sniff of a tackle to put me in the championship game! And then I realized my hopes were in the hands of Kyle Orton and accepted that the dream was indeed dead … killed by a neckbeard. After all, the Bears are who we thought they were. And that’s why we took the d*mn field!

I came up one point short, losing 220-219. A valiant performance from Urlacher. Awesome game, Gotham. Great job and congrats. Good luck against the Raptors and Tom friggin Brady.

Josh

Not a fantasy memory, but getting to see the San Diego Chargers vs. the Kansas City Chiefs years ago was great. The game featured the likes of Drew Brees, Ladainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, and Dante Hall.

Jack Linder

One of my favorite years was when I picked up Billy Volek off the waiver wire in week 15. In the semifinals, he threw for 4 TDs but I was still behind. At the end of the game, he managed to score a rushing TD and I won by 1 point, a passing TD would have been too little. Pretty awesome. He led me to the title the next week.

Tommy

2009 week 15. I’m in the semifinals and I’m in the lead. I go to bed Sunday night and I’ve won and am in the finals.

Problem is that I had Kurt Warner and my opponent had Anquan Boldin. They reversed a call on the game winning TD that was originally scored as a 5 yd TD pass from Warner to Boldin. After review, Boldin caught the ball behind the line of scrimmage so it was a 5 yd TD run. That’s enough to flip my win to a loss and I have to settle for 3rd place. Heart breaker.

Steve
Reply to  Tommy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- and you lost to a girl!

packer11491
Reply to  Steve

lol this^

Drew Elsberry

Back in 2001 I went into Monday Night Football down by 30 points and needed the great Isaac Bruce to score at least 31 points to get my team into the playoffs. He scored 3 TD’s and exactly 31 points to get me to the playoffs where I won my very first title. It was my 2nd year playing fantasy football and I’ll never forget that feeling when he scored that last TD.

I will also say Marvin Harrison was my favorite fantasy player as I always tried to draft him. Tough finish to his career though.

SJ

Its hard to come up with just a few memories but here goes:

I was in and out of FF for a most of my college years, never placing any weight into it. But after college, back in 2004, I remember getting back into it. I joined a league with my friends and remember drafting Larry Johnson way late in the draft and that was the year he began to break out in replacement of Priest Holmes that season. I remember I had by far the worst running back situation that season, but when Holmes went down, I rode that magical Larry end of the season run (coupled with a waiver wire pickup of Mike Anderson) to championship victory.

I skipped the 2005 season but was regretful of that. 2006 i wanted back in and found another friend league. That was where it all came back for me. I was hooked for the long term after that. I joined my first dynasty after that, and multiple since. Theres the annual friends league, the big money league, and many others that keep me occupied now. After that I wasnt just checking the news on players I liked, I checked news for EVERYONE. That was the big change I think. Now I cant miss a blurb about any player.

The 2006 season when I drafted LT and McNabb. Yes, that same 2006 season where they both started off extremely hot, and while McNabb went down with that ACL IR injury, I just rode Tomlinson’s record breaking season all the way to the finals. I lost tho but it was a great run. That was also the year when I picked up Colston (TE eligible anyone?) and Cutler off the waiver wire and they were great. And although he was just a spotty rookie, a Cutler mancrush began. What a season.

I also remember when rookie Forte got that last 2 yard touchdown in the 2008 week 16 championship, on a 3rd and goal for the bears final drive on MNF. He was the last player on either of our linups and that score edged a 3 point victory for me. I was still new to Dynasty then and I remember I had the worst team the prior year. It was so justifying knowing that I belonged with the big boys after that.

Those little moments make FF what its all about.

I must also say that I was lucky enough to be apart of some of the big bust out years of some players – LT ’06, AP ’07, Cutler ’08, CJ ’09, etc, etc. Nothing really matches the joy of grabbing a breakout player whos drafted later than all the higher ranked guys and seeing him beat all of them.

Scott
Reply to  SJ

I must say, that Cutler and Marshall connection in Denver was something to behold. I had them in many leagues over that span and even in a dynasty league together.. Many a fantasy point scored.

One could only wonder what it would have been like if McDaniels never came to Denver. Cutler and Marshall would have soldiered on.. scoring like mad.

Now, we get round two in Chicago.. one can only hope

Rich Gannon and Charlie Garner were the work horses that delivered me my first fantasy title. Gannon went on a ridiculous streak of something like 10 or so consecutive games of 300+ yards and Garner was a PPR gem. He was matchup proof, the original Darren Sproles! Those two guys plus Rice and Randy Moss led me to the promise land.

Charles Austin

Sort of related, we were watching the NCAA finals at a friends house when Michigan played Seton Hall. We were running a fantasy game on the NCAA tournament and I was down a few points but had Glenn Rice while he still had Ramon Rivas playing. Late in the game, my friends cable went out and when it came back on we saw that Seton Hall had scored two points but we didn’t know who scored them. When the game was over I was ahead by one point, except we still didn’t know who scored those two points. Being pre-Internet, it wasn’t until the next day when we were able to get a USA Today that we learned Ramon Rivas had scored those two points (his only two for the game IIRC), and I lost by one point.

CaptiveAssasin

Favorite moment is the first time I ever hoisted the trophy. There were MANY lucky breaks that lead to my championship (usually there are) but thinking about the perfect storm is always fun. It was our first draft in 2008 for this league (10 team redraft 1 keeper) and i had the second pick. I chose AP with my pick. The key this year was drafting warner and cutler. After the 2nd or 3rd week one owner drops steve slaton so i pick him up after i hear news that he will be the primary back. A few weeks later one of the better teams loses his qb so i trade him basically warner for colston. I got a decent deal since colston was coming off that 6 wreek injury to his hand. My team plays well and i make it to the championship. Well the guy i am playing had michael turner and deangelo williams along with drew brees. No one does much on his team until deangelo has 4 tds and turner had a big game too. Well cutler had a few mediocre games until week 16. After seeing the initial stat line of 1 pass td i thought it was over. But then i realize he ran 2 in. Huge game scores 28 points. Then drew brees is up. Well he throws 2 tds but they are both to colston who i started and colston ends up out scoring brees. Monday night comes I am up by 3 i have GB defense and he has CHI defense. I predict the bears will win (more like guessed and prayed i was right since im a bears fan) grab 2 turnovers and the pack would get 1 turnover with 2 sacks and cancel each other out scoring the same amount of fantasy points. I end up being exactly right and i won by 3 points. What a feeling.

Zach

Favorite player is brees, he’s the only guy left on my roster from our startup in 2006.

Lots of moments but one I remember was 2010 and I started Garrard on a bye week and a league mate I watch games with started mike Thomas BC as a fill in also. The jags won the game on a last second hail marry that was batted down and went into the arms of Thomas and he walked into the end zone. It put us both over the top in our games and we were screaming and high giving. Our commish was there and was having a terrible day so that made it even worse for him.

Kwil

I remember winning my first FF title in the year Julius Jones broke his leg. His owner dropped him as soon as word got out on the injury. After seeing information that it could possibly heal toward the end of the season, I promptly picked him up. I held him through the season. I had just made the playoffs and when it got to the semis and title games, Jones was ready to go.

Larry T

Thinking back to why we enjoy this fantasy game…. some moments stand out as memorable – Frank Gore’s 80 yard run in OT in Week 1 to start my season off right, having to choice between S Jax, ADP & MJD (could only keep 1)…. kept SJax who missed half the season.

But my favorite memory is from a few years ago, going into a Monday night game, I was down by 2.5 pts and I was done. My opponent had Chi QB Rex Grossman going. He was averaging 28 pt/week at this point (early in season like Week 4). Rex flops big time.. mamoth collapse! 3 Int, 2 Fumbles and something like 5 of 16 for 114 yards o TD. He heads to the pine. His score was -3.8 for the game. I get the W. Never would believe that to happen again!

Scott
Reply to  Larry T

I remember this happening to a lot of people a the time. Oh how sad. I remember people saying they dumped Grossman immediately after the game – midseason, cus they were so mad lol.

I think we can all agree – one of the best moments (if not the best) in fantasy is watching a Monday Night game and getting that narrow victory by a last minute point score just to put your team over the edge and into the win column.

A lot of times watching MNF can be frustrating, but when those moments happen, how special they are

Scott
Reply to  Larry T

Actually just last year – MNF: Atlanta vs. Saints, I had Julio Jones going for me in the championship week with a narrow lead. The other owner had Drew Brees in his lineup. It was back and forth all game, but Julio had such a beast line he sealed the win for me by ten points.

I will always appreciate and love me some Julio Jones. He was simply unstoppable down the stretch.. the man is a beast

Jon

I took over a team a 2 years ago that was the league worst. Since then I have added Jimmy Graham, Arian Foster, and Victor Cruz off the waiver wire before anyone even knew their name. The best thing about dynasty FF is finding the hidden gem that you pay nothing for:)

Mike D

My best fantasy memory comes from a relative fantasy nobody.

Thirteen years ago, my mediocre team won the title on the back of Patrick Jeffers. He had an absolutely ridiculous last few weeks of the season…I believe something like 700 yards and 8 TDs (all bombs!) in the last 5 games.

Klyepod

Last year we had our startup draft. I picked 15th out of 16 teams and I went with Calvin Johnson. Watching him tear it up at the beginning of the season for multiple touchdown games was a real thrill.

My dynasty career is short though and I’m hoping to have some solid memories after this next season like the ones discussed above (hoisting the trophy).

Bob Ray

I had a league several years back that had the playoffs in weeks 15-17. I needed two yards from Vernand Morency as San Fran headed into OT. It was pouring rain, and Morency had been effective. For some reason they called a pass on 1st down. It got picked off, and whoever they played kicked a FG to win it. Lost by .15 points.

That may have been one of the last games for Morency. My other RB I had to start was Tatum Bell. I don’t remember who my regulars were, but they didn’t play Week 17.

Rob

One of my favorite memories is from a 10-team, redraft league in 1998. My partner and I drafted Terell Davis ninth.

He only had 2,008 yards and 21 TD’s (while sitting out 8 full quarters since the eventual NFL champion, Broncos, routinely smoked the competition and wanted to preserve him.

The best part was that we acquired Barry Sanders in a trade before week three. He had about 50 yards rushing through two weeks with no scores. We made a three-player deal to get Sanders, who promptly paid off in week three by running for two, 80+ yard TD scores. He finished with nearly 1,500 yards rushing.

These two backs carried us to a 12-2 record and a championship. What a dynamic duo!

Rob

A sentimental favorite of mine has to be DeAngelo Williams. Drafted him in a 2007 keeper league start-up. He sat the bench for a year, but in 2008, he blew up with over 1,500 yards and 20 TDs.

During the ff championship game, the Giants were playing the Panthers in the Monday Night, NFL game and I was facing Brandon Jacobs. The two backs went on to score a combined 7 TDs (Jacobs, 3TDs/Williams 4TDs). The ff contest went back and forth just as the Panthers/Giants game did.

In the end, Williams’ 4 TDs out-did Jacobs’ 3 and I won the championship. Unfortunately, Williams and the entire Carolina situation, has been a major drag ever since. Two very talented RBs, one ball.

Bowser

Pat Chung -MNF vs MIA – 54pts. thought i was toast going into game, he blocked several kicks had an INT and generally was all over the place. Problem was my gf wouldn’t shut up and I was trying ot listen to the game. Was so pissed I lost that I wouldnt go online for 3 days only to find out I won!

Favorite moment of all time, of course, had to be when I won my second championship. All my players had played except the Dallas D/ST, and my opponent still had Miles Austin (in his breakout year) as well as Fred Davis. I was only up about 25 points (not a lot with our scoring system), so I pretty much said “F this” and put on Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I re-emerged about 3 hours later only to find that Dallas had shut out Washington 16-0, Davis did jack, and Austin was held without a TD. I had won! Took my prize money and put a down payment on my new (at the time, of course) car.

Second favorite moment was a few years back, in the first round of the playoffs. My team was favored over the league loudmouth’s team, but I found myself down about 30 points. He still had his kicker, and I had Antonio Bryant. All Bryant managed to do that Monday night was bust out for over 200 yards receiving and two TD’s, turning a 30 point deficit into a 30-some point win. Rode that momentum into the finals where I suffered a heartbreaking loss, but it was nevertheless a great moment.

dave hoover

one favorite moment was a champ game also v. league big mouth…hearing him crying about larry fitzgerald catching a 81 yard td v. the pats late in the 4th quarter down 47-0. rode it to a 50 point triumph….sweet sweet moment

Erik

Mine was MJD. Took him when he was still a backup to Taylor. Knocked it out of the park! I was new to Fantasy Football at the time and everyone told me not to take him a keeper league (hell, even to KEEP him) but it all ended up great…. at this point!

phil

jared allen has been on my team since the first innaugural draft..i picked him late and everyone thought “who is that” and 7 yrs later ive been reaping the benefits of him every since….
my best memory was winning my first championship after staying up to watch aaron rodgers lead me to the promised land and my worst was losing the title 2 yrs later when the guy had an illegal salaried player…..i would hate to losethat way but its arule isnt it???

phil

also i picked up fred taylor one yr and played him against mjd in the first round of playoffs…put him in over addai who was against the ravens….taylor had like a 48 yrd td against the panthers and my buddy was super pissed, and to this day gets mad about it!!!!!!

Chad Benner

My greatest moment was the first year we decided to do IDP as part of our league, 1997. The commissioner decided to award TWO points per solo tackle instead of only ONE point (which is now used), and has always been used in all leagues. When I sat down and created my draft board I did some calculations and quickly discovered that defensive players were FAR more important than the offensive players. A good linebacker would score MORE than a QB. I even called the commissioner before the draft and confirmed that he was aware of this fact and to make sure he didn’t want to change it. We were starting the draft from scratch so every player was available. He said he was fine with the scoring. OK then. My plan was formed.

Now the day of the draft: We drew lots for our draft order and I fell somewhere in the middle of 12 teams. For the first five rounds of the draft everybody else was picking QBs, RBs, and an occasional WR. Who was I picking? Junior Seau, Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas, Bruce Smith, and Victor Green. I chose Victor Green in the 3rd round and I heard actually snickering going on at what I was doing. I told them Victor Green was the top defensive back and they all laughed at me. Well I was laughing last because I now had the top 3 linebackers, the top defensive linemen and the top defensive back. I continued to favor defensive players over offensive players all through the draft and built the number one defensive team. I promptly named my team the Steel Curtain.

I didn’t pick a QB until round 6 when I selected Brad Johnson from Minnesota who ended the season as the number 5 or 6 QB I think. I selected a 2nd year WR named Terrell Owens in round 20 or so, and he had a breakout year.

Anyway, I rolled through the season winning all but two games and crushed most of my opponents. I went on to win the league championship and built a dynasty team that won 7 championships in 12 years.

I had the top scoring team by a wide margin. I had individual games where just my 11 defensive players outscored my opponent’s entire lineup! Victor Green and Ray Lewis were the top scoring players and my MVPs. I set a league scoring record for most points in a single game.

Needless to say the commissioner had to change the rule the next season and reduce it to one point for a tackle. I’ll never forget the laughter and how adamant I was about my plan because the other owners had no idea what I knew. One of the other owners complimented me after the season was over and said how impressed he was that I had stuck to my draft strategy despite all the snickering I was getting and how impressive my season had been that I won the championship.

Victor Green, Ray Lewis, and Zach Thomas were my favorite players for the next several years.

Daniel Malone

My second favorite moment: Riding both Billy Volek and Drew Bennett For two weeks back in 2004. What a ridiculous outburst.

Brian Mearns

Remember Frank Wychek-TE with the Titans-1 of only 6 TE’s with over 500 receptions and Fantasy gold back around 2001 or so?
I was in a playoff game and ready to make it to the Finals and play for my 1st Championship.
I was only 1 point away from victory–15 little yards–1 catch away for a win.
Wychek’s 1st catch was a ball over the middle and he then got “creamed”—and got carted off the field with probably a concussion–never to return the rest of the game.
The catch was for 14 yards!!!!
I lost my game by 1 point—i yard away from victory.
This still haunts me to this day over 10 years later.
Ths joys of Fantasy Football!!

Reply to  Brian Mearns

Frank Wycheck is an inside joke legend in one of my Dynasty leagues. I called the owner of Robert Smith and offered up a trade. I got a voicemail later from him in a goofy late night radio dj voice saying “I’m gonna need a Wycheck.” So a few times a year you’ll still hear someone bust out “I’m gonna need a Wycheck.” in a Tone Loc voice.

meineymoe

The Amazing Samkon Gado led two of my teams into the playoffs in his magical 2005 half-season, including helping me win my big money 20 team league. I’ll never for get him! -oo-

cafare52

This is only my 3rd year of dynasty so my memories are still in the making, but last year was a personal revelation for me. I started the year an abysmal 1-5 and then moved Willis McGahee for Gronkowski and picked up Victor Cruz off waivers. My team proceeded to win the next 7 games in style with unbelievable performances by both players down the stretch of the season which made for very compelling TV. Though I ended up finishing 3rd, I was able to acquire for the cost Willis McGahee and an insight, 2 players who I hope to be the focal points of my offense for the next half decade and get a lot of fun and self-satisfaction out of it.

God Bless America, God Bless Football and God Bless NFL Hamburg (Dynasty Edition)

Coach

Edgar Bennett once led me to a victory with an amazing game against the bears on halloween night 1994. It was my first season as a fantasy football owner and that was my first taste of a come from behind monday night victory. Bennett had 105 yards rushing and 3 td’s.

to this day i’ll always give the nod to the guy starting on monday night if its a toss up call.

monday night magic baby. all started by edgar bennett.

Coach
Reply to  Coach

my favorite players though are Randall Cunningham, Jerome Bettis, Priest Holmes, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Shannon Sharpe. arian foster is currently climbing the list.

meineymoe
Reply to  Coach

Speaking of Monday Night magic… 1991 was my first year of fantasy football… My brothers and I were headed to the Packers-Vikings Monday night game, so I made sure I had Vince Workman in my lineup that week – he scored 2 TDs as the Pack crushed the Vikes – since then, I’ve always favored the Monday night player when the decision was close!

-oo-