Three Round Rookie Draft – Results and Analysis

It’s that time of the year where excitement is in the air as rookie drafts get underway.

As has been an annual event here at DLF, we like to highlight a couple of our rookie drafts to give you an idea where the players are being selected.  Every league is unique with different owners who will value players and positions differently, but you’ll likely find a common thread that runs through most drafts, especially through the first two rounds.

This particular league is nearly a decade old and has been the source of many draft articles in the past.  The owners are knowledgeable and very competitive.  Surprisingly enough, this league also has only recently converted to a PPR system and this draft represents the first one under the new format.  It is also includes a three player IDP format (any position).

Just for reference, I am “Team 1,” Ken Moody is “Team 9” and Ken Kelly is “Team 10.”

Let’s get to the selections:

2012 Rookie PPR Draft

Round 1

1.01        Team 9                 Andrew Luck, QB IND
1.02        Team 9                 Trent Richardson, RB CLE
1.03        Team 5                 Doug Martin, RB TB
1.04        Team 1                 Robert Griffin III, QB WAS
1.05        Team 9                 Justin Blackmon, WR JAX
1.06        Team 2                 David Wilson, RB NYG
1.07        Team 9                 Michael Floyd, WR ARI
1.08        Team 5                 Isaiah Pead, RB STL
1.09        Team 3                 Kendall Wright, WR TEN
1.10        Team 3                 Stephen Hill, WR NYJ

The first thing you’ll note is that Team 9 (Ken Moody) is in a mode of draft pick acquisition and rebuilding.  That process is essentially complete in 2012 and he’s going to have a good young foundation.  This year, 1.01 and 1.02 have been used on the best two names in this year’s draft, Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson.  No further explanation needed.  Team 5, already owning Matt Stafford, selects Doug Martin at 1.03.  Even though I own Tom Brady, Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton at quarterback, I make the easy choice of using 1.04 on Robert Griffin III.  Unsurprisingly, Justin Blackmon also goes to Team 9 at 1.05.

Now the fun and guesswork really begins.

At 1.06, Team 2 takes David Wilson.  At this point in the draft, just about any player is fair game to be taken and I could make a case for perhaps fifteen different players here depending on team need.  Wilson is entrenched in a time share situation, but incumbent starter Ahmad Bradshaw is far from injury free year after year.  For the record, I’ve become less and less enamored with Wilson as a great prospect in the NFL.

Team 9 scores again with a Michael Floyd selection at 1.07.  He now lands the best quarterback, the best running back and the top two rated wide receivers.  Floyd’s situation is murky but he’ll be mentored by the best character receiver in the game in Larry Fitzgerald Isaiah Pead is a surprise selection, in my estimation, at 1.08 by Team 5, who selected Doug Martin earlier in the round.  Team 5 needs running back help and Pead at this point represents Steven Jackson’s backup.  Team 3, who is now starting a rebuilding process of his own, but lacking any top picks, traded Marques Colston for both picks 1.09 and 1.10, a deal we believe is pretty good for Team 3.  Those two picks are used on Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill, respectively, in hopes that one of them pans out.  With receivers, it’s far from a certainty, but the picks are solid.

Round 2

2.01        Team 3                 Mohamed Sanu, WR CIN
2.02        Team 9                 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA
2.03        Team 3                 Coby Fleener, TE IND
2.04        Team 8                 A.J. Jenkins, WR SF
2.05        Team 4                 Ronnie Hillman, RB DEN
2.06        Team 4                 Lamar Miller, RB MIA
2.07        Team 5                 Brian Quick, WR STL
2.08        Team 7                 Luke Kuechly, LB CAR
2.09        Team 6                 Alshon Jeffery, WR CHI
2.10        Team 9                 LaMichael James, RB SF

Despite the absence of a couple of names, the second round was about as expected.  Mohamed Sanu at #11 overall, given his situation, makes sense unless you feel fellow rookie Bengal receiver Marvin Jones is on equal footing heading into camp.  Clearly, A.J. Jenkins is still a mystery to many as he falls to #14 overall, but about where I had him pegged.  We then get back-to-back picks of both Ronnie Hillman and Lamar Miller by Team 4, a team that needs running back help.  Hillman is rising on boards and I had Miller going at #17 overall.  Hillman has an opportunity in a backfield where things are really up in the air.  Miller looks like he’s going to get some time on the bench and the Dolphins are on record as saying that he was drafted as a kick returner and developmental back – those two roles don’t usually carry quick rewards.

Luke Kuechly is the first IDP taken and goes about where we expected.  Alshon Jeffery falls much further than expected and Team 6’s owner really didn’t even want to draft him there.  As I had the first pick in round three, I was happy to see LaMichael James off the board at #20 overall.  I didn’t want to be tempted.

Round 3

3.01        Team 1                 Rueben Randle, WR NYG
3.02        Team 10              Ryan Broyles, WR DET
3.03        Team 5                 Robert Turbin, RB SEA
3.04        Team 1                 Marvin Jones, WR CIN
3.05        Team 4                 Brandon Weeden, QB CLE
3.06        Team 9                 Nick Toon, WR NO
3.07        Team 5                 Michael Egnew, TE MIA
3.08        Team 7                 Chris Givens, WR STL
3.09        Team 1                  Chris Polk, RB PHI
3.10        Team 10               Russell Wilson, QB SEA

I’ve always loved drafting in round three.  This is where you can get real gems, take the deep sleeper without immediate expectation for production or trade away the picks for a second rounder next year.

My pick at 3.01 (#21 overall) was a value pick.  I also have pick 3.04 and wanted both Rueben Randle and Ryan Broyles.  There are advantages to running a dynasty site with fellow league mates in that you at least know what they are thinking about certain players.  Knowing that Team 10 (Ken Kelly) liked Broyles quite a bit, I considered drafting him here in hopes that Randle would slip.  In the end, Randle is a first round talent in my book and I had to just hope that Broyles fell past Team 10 at 3.02.  He didn’t.   Robert Turbin at 3.03 was a bit of a reach but, hey, the coach lives in the Pacific Northwest and is a Seahawks fan.  Why not at this stage of the draft?  Marshawn Lynch has been paid and that usually doesn’t equate into a better year to follow.

At 3.04 Brandon Weeden is still on the board and represents a great value.  But noting my quarterback situation earlier, I don’t want an aged rookie.  I really wanted to take a stab at Chris Polk and didn’t expect him to fall much further.  As it stands, I selected Marvin Jones because I believe he IS on an even playing field with Sanu in Cincinnati.  He played in a pro-style offense and is every bit of the receiver Sanu is in my mind, but with more speed and upside.  Weeden is finally taken at 3.05, representing a great bargain to a team that could use a developmental quarterback.

At 3.06, the allure of the Saints’ offense is too much and Nick Toon is off the board.  Drew Brees can make any receiver look good and Toon does look the part of a possible starting receiver in time.  Again, it’s the third round.  Michael Egnew is a head-scratcher here at 3.07 but Miami does have a need for an athletic tight end.  Maybe there’s a prayer. The pick at 3.08 sees Chris Givens off the board, slotted as expected.  At 3.09, Polk does fall to me, surprisingly, and I had to take the chance.

At 3.10, one of my favorite sleeper players, goes off the board to Ken Kelly, the same team that took Ryan Broyles.  We’re obviously operating off the same list – not surprising.  Russell Wilson is as good in the work ethic and character departments as you’ll see.  If he’s three to four inches taller, he’s a top ten pick in the draft.  It’s worth the risk as Seattle’s quarterback situation is anything but settled.

Summary

There you have it, three rounds of rookie draft goodness.

In the end, this draft ended up being fairly representative of my expectations following the NFL draft, without any significant reaches or head-scratching moments.  Given that 2012 went from the penthouse to the doghouse very quickly due to drafted situations, I didn’t have a lot of excitement about the later rounds.  However, as usually ends up being the case, intriguing players often drop.  This draft does have a talent curve that suggests more later round players could be fantasy productive than what normally would be expected.  We’ll see how that turns out.

Biggest Reach – Isaiah Pead selected in the first round was a surprise.  He does have a chance, but there’s little about him that screams every down back or eventual successor to Steven Jackson.  I’ve been wrong before, though.

Biggest Value – A close call between Rueben Randle at #21 overall and Brandon Weeden at #35.  I believe picking Weeden in the middle of the third round represents a great bargain.  He’ll likely be starting from day one and, if he’s able to stick at the position, he does have a good opportunity to produce despite his age.  Honorable mention goes to Chicago’s Alshon Jefferey at 2.09.  I still don’t like Jeffery as a receiver, however, and his selection isn’t that far off from my own valuation in the end.

Jeff Haverlack
Latest posts by Jeff Haverlack (see all)
Alan Bauerle

Ok I traded the 1.3, 2.3,n 3.3 plus 2 throw ins-nobody special for Ahmad Bradshaw, Antonio brown, and the 1.5. This is my roster 1ppr 6td for everyone.

Shaub,hasslebeck,tebow,kaepernik
J Stewart, Bradshaw,Ridley,Blount,BScott
M Wallace, Antonio Brown, DHB, Deon Branch, Ramses Barden
B Pettigrew, J Cook
M Nugent
Jets D

At 1.5 Wilson will be there. The big 4 rookies will be gone. Should I go wr n get blackmon or Floyd, or get bradshaws shiney new handcuff..thanks any help much appreciated. Just a great article n great site.. My team was terrible b4. Now after reading u guys every day It got alot better. Thanks n keep up the great work.

Admin
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Agreed.

Mark
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Braylon Edwards – I would consider a bust too.

Scott

What about Greg Childs? I know it’s a ten team mock, but I thought Childs could go lower second or upper third. Thoughts?

Admin
Reply to  Scott

He went at 4.01. I think Jeff and I both considered him in the third round as well. I think he was a bargain there.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Scott

I’m not huge on Childs but he has upside. I’m not as high as others are but I like his size. He’s a little slow and has injury concerns. Never really produced to a high level in college but he’ll have a great opportunity in MIN.

As Ken said, he’s probably a late third rounder. But I also like Streeter ahead of him at that same valuation.

Admin
Reply to  Scott

As the one who selected Childs at 4.01, and traded up to get him, I think he’s a fine pick in the late second or early third. It does depend on who else is available there though, but in general, in that range, I am rolling the dice on guys with some upside.

Alan Bauerle

Ok guys thanks alot!! I will go blackmon unless somebody grabs him up. Again great article, great site, and great job!

Danton Goulet

I traded 1.6 for Shonn Greene straight up. Still have 1.8 from a trade last season but no other trades until the 3rd round which I have 3.6 and 3.11

In a 12 team 20 man roster non ppr non idp 6 point td for everyone.
Lineup is QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, ST, K

Rivers, Dalton, Peyton Manning
Mathews, Tolbert, Greene, Ingram, Saine, Ryan Williams
Maclin, D. Thomas, Briscoe, David Nelson, Bennett, Braylon, The Rams Steve Smith
Gates, Dickson
Rackers
Baltimore & San Diego

I know I need WR help bad and Richardson, Martin, Blackmon, Floyd are going in top 5 (just talking to guys in league with picks). Any thoughts on what I take at 1.8?

I appreciate you guys for all your help.

Boomer
Reply to  Danton Goulet

Can you ask the new owner of 1.6 if he wants a tradeback?

Danton Goulet
Reply to  Boomer

The main reason I did that deal is because we switch up our divisions every year and I got put into the division with the worst, 4th worst, and 5th worst records last year so I need to shore up to make a run this year.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Danton Goulet

If you’re looking for a receiver, I’d probably look at waiting until you’re on deck with your pick (or sooner) and then getting feelers out there for what you could get in return. Can you get a Kenny Britt or Dwayne Bowe there perhaps to someone that really wants into the first round?

If you stick, you’re looking at Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright, etc. I’d rather trade that pick for a younger known player.

Danton Goulet
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Talked with one guy who might be willing to make a deal. He has Harvin and Bowe he would make a deal for. Told me some kind of player/pick combo including my 8th pick he would consider.
Looking at my team above, what would you be willing to throw in?
As I stated above, I am in a weak division so trying to make a run this year but don’t want to give away the house either.

Thanks again!

Brian
Reply to  Danton Goulet

I actually like your situation. If someone is crazy enough to part with a decent WR, take ’em. Don’t worry too much about “fair value”, the pick is speculative anyway. Give him whatever he wants, just hold onto your top 2 wr’s, Rivers, Gates, and your young RB’s. Try selling him Manning and Tolbert. It sounds crazy, but All you need is 1 QB, and a strong 3 deep WR core will decimate weak competition in the long run. Then your only weakness will be #2 RB, but it’s ok anyway nd the same as with out trading.

Danton Goulet
Reply to  Brian

I am trying to get either Harvin or Bowe in a combo deal for my 1.8 and a player so I will keep you informed on how it turns out.

Thanks

Cpiritual27

Really interesting, thanks guys. I’m also in a 10-team PPR league (difference is that we can start up to two QB’s, so they tend to move a little faster), so this draft was quite a bit of help to me. I managed to move some assets around and acquire picks 3.02-3.04, as well as 3.06 (already traded for 1.02, aka Luck or RGIII). Currently trying to get 3.05 to give me the 5-pick sweep, but no avail yet.

I did a personal projection of who I thought I’d get, and wound up with AJ Jenkins (I think he falls due to circumstance…just a hunch), Chris Givens and Marvin Jones at 3.02-3.04, and Bernard Pierce at 3.06.

Some other names I’m considering there are Ryan Lindley (2 QB league, good situation for him), Russell Wilson (ditto) and Vick Ballard (situation). Thoughts?

Cyrus Miller
Reply to  Cpiritual27

AJ Jenkins went at 2.05 in my dynasty. Marvin Jones at 1.08, but Sanu hasn’t been drafted yet.

Pierce went at 2.07 to the Rice owner.

Basically, values are dependent on the individual from 1.07 on. I think Wilson/Floyd are the 1.06 and 1.07 in some fashion, and then after that it is up in the air.

We had Hillman drafted at 1.08 and Pead at 1.12. If people want to handcuff or love a player, there is no reason not to “reach” for them. So with your 3rd round picks, you are guaranteed value but not exactly the players you expect. Someone will fall, but don’t bother guessing who.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Cpiritual27

You just never know who will drop as Cyrus points out below .. with Marvin Jones going at 1.08 with Sanu still on the board.

Jenkins is likely to be a mid-to-late second round selection in most drafts. If he slips to the third, great for you. That is what I like about the third round this year. After pick 1.06 or so, I can make a real case for just about any of the next 15. So players will slip to you that probably shouldn’t … Like Jones and Randle slipping out of the second in my draft above.

Let us know how it pans out.

Chris Russell

Come on…really. The only reason Andrew Luck went 1st was because of Team 9 had both 1.1 and 1.2.

Very similar to when you have back to back picks at the end/beginning of a round and it doesn’t matter who you take when because both players are yours.

Admin
Reply to  Chris Russell

True, I could have taken those two in either order and I don’t think anyone would question one or the other going first in a draft, it really just depends on your team needs. I selected Luck first in this draft because he had just been officially selected by the Colts, and Richardson had not gone yet, so I made the first pick immediately to kick off our draft. Once Richardson went to Cleveland, I made that pick. But again it could go either way.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Chris Russell

And I have been saying this all along this year: If you are needing a QB within the next 2-3 to any degree, Luck should be your selection with the first pick. Running backs have a much shorter shelf life and while TRich may be the best RB prospect to come around in the last 5 years or so, Luck is perhaps the best in the last 30 and could be a 15 year starter.

Nothing is guaranteed of course and both players look great. But if I had the first pick and had to choose, I would have chosen Luck. He’s that good coming out.

Chris Russell
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Look at startups and Richardson’s value compared to Luck overall…no way. If you take Luck over Richardson with a view only of long term production you are missing the value of the pick (and probably why you earned the 1.01 to begin with).

Brian
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

RB’s injuries and short careers are exactly why you need to take Richardson #1. If you are so bad off at QB that a rookie will start for you, then why not trade the pick for an established QB? The only way I’d pass on a sure starter at RB is if you’re in a league that plays 2 QB’s or has 20 teams or something. Otherwise you should get a decent QB via trade, because someone will have 2 or 3 and they can’t sit on them forever.

Josh Gans

Just curious where you mightve snagged Greg Childs…I was guessing toward the middle or end of the 3rd..but didnt see his name pop up.

Thanks for the comments..looked like a nice lil draft for some of you!

Josh Gans
Reply to  Josh Gans

oops..I didnt hit refresh..my bad.

Joe

I currently own picks 1.08 and 1.09 and am not enamored with anyone likely to be there still. I need a receiver and was offered Dez Bryant for picks 1.08 and 1.09. Is this a good fit or should I package the picks and go up to get Floyd or Blackmon?

Brian
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

I’d do it. Dez Bryant would go 2 or 3 in the draft if he was in it, wouldn’t he?

Jim

Following a year in which I was 12-1 and won my dynasty league title, I only have one pick in the rookie draft, at 2.12. Based on my roster below, what are some realistic possibilities I should target there? I’m in pretty good shape with young WRs and at QB I think, but could use a young RB or even TE to stash. Any thoughts? Thanks!

12-team dynasty football league (non-PPR, 6 pts/TD passes), start QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D
QBs: Brees, Freeman, Smith, Kaepernick (Taxi)
RBs: Foster, Wells, F. Jackson, Addai, Starks, B. Tate, J. Rodgers, J. Snelling
WRs: Bowe, Dez Bryant, S. Smith (Car), Meachem, Little, D. Moore
TEs: Daniels, Winslow
K: Bailey
D: Bengals, Cowboys

Brian
Reply to  Jim

Man that’s a pretty good team! You’re stacked at WR, maybe the colts 2nd TE or ladarius green, egnew, oor the giants picked an athletic stud TE that’s a project? If you are paranoid about RB depth, maybe alex green (packers if vets fa’s in draft) or the cardinal’s 3rd stringer for longshot handcuffs.

Jim
Reply to  Brian

Rookie-only draft, no FA. Funny you should mention Adrien Robinson, he’s def. on my short list. The opportunity could be there with the Giants and the guy is an athletic freak. Been bouncing back and forth between him and Green. Also wondering about Polk. I had pretty good luck a few years ago with another undrafted RB I grabbed at pick 3.8… some guy named Foster. 🙂

Brian
Reply to  Jim

I love Polk, so maybe. It depends how many roster spots you have, because he’ll be sitting until McCoy = gets hurt/holds out/leaves as a FA = no matter how good he is.

Jim
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

We have taxi squads, so I definitely have time to sit on a speculative pick. Another guy who’s really catching my eye is Cyrus Gray. Dude is versatile, hits the hole hard, and has good vision and acceleration. Plus, the KC backfield isn’t exactly the picture of durability. I’ll just have to see who’s there by 2.12, but thanks for the ideas guys. Love this site!

Richard

I know Doug Martin will be available at 1.05, what would be fair value to move up from 1.10 to 1.05 to pick Martin?

Brian
Reply to  Richard

Whatever they’ll take! Martin has to be assumed to be a day 1 starter on a running team. Good situation for him, almost great, so I think he’s a #2 overall no-brainer (unless the top teams picking are desperate at QB). So what is a starting RB worth vs. a speculative WR or Fleener (safe pick)?

If I had a chance to pick Martin, you’d have to give me another starter (at my position of need) and your pick.

Smokey

Wow. 1.09 and 1.10 for Colston. I only wish i could be in a league that understands the value of players. In most of my leagues i have been shopping picks anywhere from 1.03 to 1.06 and i usually am offered Nate Burleson or Earl Bennett.

Brian
Reply to  Smokey

That is insane! Nate Burleson and Earl Bennett are barely roster worthy in my 12 team/20 player league. That being said, if they were allowed into the draft, where would they go? I bet in the 20’s, maybe high teens.

bigred

in a td only league,rushing and recieveing by rb’s,wr’s te’s,6pts. for quarterbacks, 3pts. passing,6ptsfor rushing. I have picks 1:3,2:3,3:3, 4:3. I hear talent over situation is the way to go,but i’m really weak at rb(cjk,willis magahee,reggie bush,daniel thomas,joesph addai,delone carter) my quarterbacks are tom brady,mike vick. trent will gone at 3. thinking doug martin may be there,but do i take luck or rg3 at 3 instead? help! anybody!

Jeff Haverlack
Reply to  bigred

Dare I say that scoring system favors RGIII more than Luck … I’d actually lean RGIII there if you took a QB. But it really depends if you want take BPA or win now. If you take RGIII or Luck, you’re likely not going to compete with Brady/Vick at QB. Doug Martin may help you compete now until Brady/Vick are done. But then you’ll be needing a QB.

If you want to start rebuilding, I’d do so in earnest. Meaning that I’d take Luck or RGIII and look to move Vick or Brady.

In your case, I’d probably roll with Martin if he falls and hope to compete now. If Martin goes, your decision is made for you to some degree.

Alan Bauerle

I don’t think your weak at rb… C2k magahee Carter I’d go rg3 n dominate. no good qb in our league no trophy

Ryan Brown

I’m in a 10 team/standard scoring league/ 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1DL 1LB 1DB. I am shopping Dan Thomas around for some late first early-to-mid second round picks. Any idea of his value in such a scenario?

Greg Sylvester

16 Team PPR league- Two weeks ago I had just 1.2 and 1.4, but I recently traded for 1.14 (I gave up the Browns DST and Mike Goodson, owner was one of two teams with one DST) and I gave up Matt Flynn for 1.15.

I am very excited about these two picks and am looking forward to the talent that might be on the board, this mock draft has helped give me a good idea of who might be available..

Pope

What are your thoughts on tight ends, Fleener is already taken in my draft. I have the 2.15 pick.I was looking at Green in SD. He has an opportunity if Gates can’t get his health worked out. Charles is a beast but I don’t know if the opportunity is there. I think Egnew is a reach.

Patrick Bolanos

Hello,

I am holding this years 1.2 and 1.5 picks in a 16 team 15´player keeper league with IDPs.

My roster looks like this:
QB Sam Bradford, Matt Cassel
RB S. Jackson, B Scott, B Tate
WR A Boldin, B Lloyd, E Decker
TE T Moeaki, J Tamme
IDPs: Vanden Bosche, J Babin, J Laurinatis, D. Johnson, T. Branch

Non Keepers still on roster: M. moore, C Benson, I Redman, V Brown, A Roberts, K Boss

Do you recommend I go RB-WR at 1.2 and 1.5? I want immediate impact on my roster and was planning on taking RGIII and Cobey Fleener, if i got this route i would be switching moeaki for fleener on my roster and keeping V Brown.

I dont have another pick until 3.2

Brian
Reply to  Patrick Bolanos

Assuming Richardson goes #1, I’d take Martin #2 and pray that RGIII makes it to #5. I’m guessing you only play 2 WR’s? They should be fine for another year, but Lloyd and Boldin scare me after this year, so take a flier on 3rd round hear and assume a 1st round WR next year? Anyway, your RB’s are in trouble if SJax goes down, but with a new starter like Martin and him healthy, that’s some impact. I think strong TE’s are super important, but Tamme may be that already, so I wouldn’t reach for Fleener when you need youth and depth elsewhere.

Mark

I need some advice –

OK, I have a championship dynasty team, but with a major hole at RB. And the 16th pick in the draft -16 teams

QBs – Palmer, Rivers, Newton, Locker, and Mallet
RBs – Mendenhall (hurt), Blount, Tolbert, and D. Williams (start 1-3)
WRs – megatron, Bowe, Demaryius Thomas, Simpson (2-4)
TEs – Gronkowski, Pettigrew, M. Lewis (1-2)

My defense is pretty good. My team was really bad until I rebuilt. i still have a good lineup, but my depth is pretty suspect. I was going to target some RBs at 16, but they went so high in the draft, that I have no chance. I usually draft the best value no matter position, and if there is a tie, I go with more need.

Should I hold tight, trade up in the draft, or trade for a veteran. I can see all three.

Mark

Valintino

12 team dynasty league, traded away my 1st & 2nd round picks, we use IDP’s
I don’t pick till 3.6, here’s my roster, what position do u think I should go after?

Matt Ryan, Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman
LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, Kendal Hunter, Roy Helu
Vincent Jackson, Emanneul Sanders, mike William (TB), Randal Cobb
Dustin Keller, Greg Olsen, Brent Celek
David Akers, Robbie Gould
Trent Cole, N. Suh, Anthony Garay
Aldon Smith, Navarrow Bowman, Donald Butler, Mason Foster
Morgan Burnett, Jarius Byrd, Quinten Mikell, Kenny Phillips

Thoughts?

JR

It’s curious that a guy like Broyles, small and coming off an ACL injury would get selected, but a big bodied receiver who fell from round 3 to round 5 in the NFL draft – Juron Criner, didn’t get selected. Is that at least a little strange?

Hey Guys,

IM in an auction dynasty league. I had no QB, and just traded Sproles for Peyton Manning. Do you guys think Manning will have a top 5 qb season? How much should I invest in a back up ($200 salaary cap)? Also, who are we looking at for rookie WR… Pick one: Wright, Stephen Hill, SAnu. Thanks guys love the site