Rookie Draft Cheat Sheet Available NOW!

We hinted around a little this weekend that the initial version of the rookie draft cheat sheet would be available sooner than you would have expected. We know that many rookie drafts are starting as early as TODAY and wanted to continue to provide unique value to you as a subscriber!

Well, after one very late night for the staff of DLF, it’s here!  This downloadable rookie draft sheet is yours to use exclusively as a premium subscriber of DLF.

Keep in mind the following:

1.) The rankings used are for common scoring systems and lineup requirements.

2.) The rankings are set for PPR leagues (adjust accordingly for non-PPR leagues, but the list wouldn’t be dramatically different).

3.) We’ve included a small sample set of IDP rankings, but did not add them into the top 50 to accommodate non-IDP players (Luke Kuechly would be right outside the first round in most conventional IDP leagues, but he’s the only one to consider that highly in our opinion).

You’ll find deep positional rankings, including some undrafted free agents, as well as an overall top 50. We’ll update this cheat sheet later this Spring after minicamps are over and more free agents have signed. In the meantime, you can always check our rankings for the most updated information.

Enjoy!

Ken Kelly
Eric Barrett

Why is Brian Quick so low ???

Reply to  Eric Barrett

I have him ranked at #13. I like him but he’s a major risk reward. Most WRs are busts outside of the top 5, regardless of how they look in pads, coming out of college or how they did in the underwear olympics (combine). I like his size and speed and I could see him going in the low teens or slipping to the third. All depends on the coach drafting and it only takes one.

Admin
Reply to  Eric Barrett

I have Quick at 20th overall. To echo what Ken & Jeff have already said, he’s such a boom or bust pick. I prefer to take a guy that I’ve seen dominate at a high college level or one that has considerably less risk. I think Quick has the potential to be a WR1 for the Rams, but I also worry that he may never get there.

meineymoe

I love the Harrison Smith love – Vikes coveted him and went up and got him. I know it doesn’t mean a lot, but Minny’s always had a way with safety play, all the way back to Paul Krause, so this kid could be solid from day 1.

-oo-

Reply to  meineymoe

I’m with you. Smith is going to see a ton of snaps, too. He can cover and play the run. Great IDP guy.

Shawn Barberis

I am surprised Jefferies and Sanu are so high. Neither can separate well. Both will be #2’s at best. Quick and Hill can both develop into #1’s so I have them higher than this cheat sheet….

robertdhenley

i dont know why hightower isnt on ur idp list i will be taking him before as my #1 idp player

Reply to  robertdhenley

Hightower is a tremendous talent, but he wasn’t drafted into a great situation. If he was, I’d be inclined to agree that he would be a top 5 guy. However, Brandon Spikes is entrenched in the middle and Mayo on the weak side. If Hightower were able to push Spikes out, he’d certainly spike tremendously in value. From all indications at this point, that doesn’t look to be the case, though.

At best, Hightower will take the SAM starting lspot, which (as we know) is not ideal. There are a lot of bodies in NE right now with the addition of him, Chandler Jones, etc. He’s lower on my list than you’d probably expect given his projected spot and situation.

Bret Farestad

First off, THANK YOU! Awesome job, and fast to, well done boys!
Ok second question Blackmon #5? I know there has been some nay sayers about him, but we can still give him the hype. But Gabbert throwing to him? Was I seeing something different than you guys, or was it that Blain did not have targets, or time to throw or all of the above. Is he that elite that he’s going to put up big numbers in that offense system? Curious as to the thought process on him.

Reply to  Bret Farestad

I don’t care for his situation much but he’s still clearly the first best WR prospect coming out of this draft in my opinion. I would have preferred St. Louis myself. But WRs selected in the top 5 picks of the NFL draft almost never bust. There’s only been one in the last decade and that was Charles Rogers.

Reply to  Bret Farestad

I think Justin Blackmon has been criticized probably a bit much. The guy averaged 1600 yards, 115 catches and 19 TDs over two years. Whether that has something to do with his offense at OSU, or lesser defensive play, I suppose lots of reasons could be made to slam the guy. Still, any player who has two years of that kind of production has to be fairly good. OSU does play against some decent defensive teams, and although it’s not the SEC, it’s not high school. I think the JB criticism has been a bit excessive, IMO. That said, Jacksonville is just a really bad situation. Mike Mularkey is uninspiring as a head coach, and he probably could have done a better job with Matt Ryan. Suffice it to say, Mularkey won’t have near the talent base that he had in ATL. I don’t see Mularkey saving Gabbert anytime soon, and that will adversely impact JB to a degree. I would still gladly scoop up JB at 1.05 or later, simply because he is a PPR stud, and I’m sure Gabbert would be happy to send balls his way. Plus, JB has demonstrated that he has a huge catch radius, and that will come in handy when Gabbert is running for his life. Bottomline, I like JB’s talent a lot, I think he will be a solid pick, and a potential WR1, assuming Jacksonville can get it together as a franchise. That’s a big assumption though, and I don’t expect it to happen under Mularkey’s watch.

Admin
Reply to  Bret Farestad

My rank of Blackmon at #5 overall is due to his talent and ability to play in traffic. I don’t think Gabbert is the QB of the future there, so I made the ranking without taking him into account very much. What Blackmon lacks in burst and top end speed he makes up with his hands and ability to fight for the ball. Not a lot of risk in this pick.

Chris Rodriguez

Our Dynasty league gives a point for every 5 yards receiving and normal scoring for TD’s. With no points for receptions. Overall scoring last year Gronkowski was #6 Graham was #11. Only other none QB in the Top 15 was Ray Rice and he was #15. League has been around for over 15 years so scoring was set for TE’s before they do what they do in today’s NFL. With this scoring in mind how early would you take a pick on Fleener in a rookie only draft?

Chris Rodriguez
Reply to  Ken Kelly

The rule was put in place to try and emphasize the TE position where it was mostly overlooked in the past. Change would definitely be met with a lack of enthusiasm. The 5 yards receiving = 1 point is unique to TEs all other positions 10 yards either receiving or rushing= 1 point. So a 1,000 yard WR = 500 yard TE when it comes to scoring. You do not win in this league without a Top 10 TE. I have the #7 pick thinking I need to get a young TE with my pick right now I have Gates and Housler. Can I pass on Fleener thinking I can get another TE in the second round? From this years talent and where players went I do not see a lot of promise from the other TEs. Do you see any other TEs having the possibility of being a future Top 10 TE? For that matter will Fleener be a Top 10.

Robert Abele

Our league’s roster size is expanding this year. Due to smaller rosters, some FA are available that probably should be on rosters. Where would you rank the following guys in comparison to the rookies, since they will be available in the same draft? What round would they fall into?

Just to name a few:

Kyle Rudolph
Lance Kendricks
Leonard Hankerson
Knowshon Moreno
Brent Celek
Ryan Mallett
Isaac Redman

Admin
Reply to  Robert Abele

Rob, this would be a great question to post in our forum & get a lot of responses. Assuming you have a typical 12 team, 4 round rookie/FA draft. I’ll give you my thoughts below:

Rudolph – late 1st
Kendricks – 3rd round
Leonard Hankerson – late 1st
Moreno – 4th/undrafted
Celek – 2nd/3rd
Mallett – 3rd
Redman – mid to late 1st

Robert Abele

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

joepesci004

This cheat sheet will be very helpful but i am drafting this saturday night and was interested to know when an updated cheat sheet will be available. It appears some of the articles are already moving in a slightly different direction on a few of these players now and i was hoping to see something sooner than later…..Wishful thinking but i figured i would ask anyway

Jacob Ehmann

Yeah what he said…I’ve only got two picks anyway. Got to makethem count