DLF Unveils New Premium Content!

IT’S FINALLY HERE!

You likely woke up this morning and found a new column on the left hand side of the DLF Home Page with “hidden” content – this now includes our first new premium content articles (a mere 27,644 words worth), covering all the following:

1.) 2012 Pre-Draft Rookie Rankings with Extended Commentary
All the profiles and rookie rankings you can fit under one roof.

2.) 2012 Rookie Pre-Draft Tiers
A first look at the pre-draft tiers for your upcoming rookie drafts.

3.) Extended Pre-Draft Rookie Q&A with Matt Waldman
A 4,000 word interview about the 2012 rookies with Matt Waldman, author of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio.

4.) Free Agency Winners
An extended look at all the winners in regards to their dynasty value after the free agency period.

5.) Free Agency Losers
An extended look at all the losers in regards to their dynasty value after the free agency period.

6.) Third Year Wide Receiver Breakdown
We take an in-depth look back and a look ahead at the key third year wide receivers from 2011 and 2012.

To sign up to enjoy the premium content, just click here.

To learn more about what this will include, just continue reading…

At DLF, we cater to the “die hard,” the “addict,” and the “professional” dynasty league owners. Our loyal followers and forums boast some of the greatest dynasty minds on the planet. Over the years a common theme from many of them has come through loud and clear.

“We want more!”

Last year, we listened and produced the wildly successful Dynasty Essentials Guide, the first ever paid content offered by DLF. This popular publication included all the following:

• Positional Rankings
  • Rookie Rankings
  • Downloadable Draft Trackers
  • Downloadable Cheat Sheets
  • An Updated Dynasty Mock Draft
  • 32 Team Capsules
  • Free Agency Ramifications
  • Dynasty Debates
  • Buy and Sell Player Lists
  • Third Year Receiver Analysis
  • Yearly Predictions
  • Building Strategies
  • Commissioner Advice

You can check out the 2011 Dynasty Essentials Guide for free to see the type of quality content we put into developing the industry’s best dedicated dynasty and keeper publication.

However, that guide as you knew it will not be offered this year as a one-time purchase.  In the end, we felt it was too difficult to keep the information in that guide relevant for more than a few weeks at a time since things change so fast. We wanted to do something even better this season, and for future seasons as well.

This year, we’re excited to announce we’re truly taking it to the next level. We’re now accepting subscriptions for a whole new version of DLF Premium Content. This will include all the information previously included in the Dynasty Essentials Guide on easy to read web pages (rolled out when it becomes most relevant, and easily updated when necessary), and that’s just one very small part of the subscription.  Included in the premium content package will be all the following:

• All the material previously found in the Dynasty Essentials Guide
  • A new, private section of the DLF Forum available exclusively to subscribing members
  • Access to weekly personalized lineup advice during the season
  • Scheduled chat sessions
  • Periodic downloadable cheat sheets and draft trackers
  • Exclusive eligibility for DLF giveaways and contests
  • Free access to any new development tools we create
  • Content, content and more premium content!

So, you’re probably asking yourself if it’s worth it to become a member of this elite group.  It is, if any of these sound like they apply to you:

• You want even more content than we already provide
  • You want to avoid your league mates from seeing your posts, questions or discussions on our free forum
  • You want to get your advice and ask your questions to the best of the best in the exclusive forum and through our columns
  • You loved the material found in the Dynasty Essentials Guide, but want it released as more than just a “snapshot” in time
  • You consider yourself (or want to be) a dynasty die hard or expert in the field
  • You want access to things we haven’t offered in the past that look toward the future needs of dynasty owners

For those who aren’t interested in signing up, don’t worry! We will continue to offer tons of free content, and the existing DLF Forum will remain completely free. If you’re not quite ready to join the elite, the DLF site you’ve come to expect will stay very much the same.  The choice is yours!

The Premium content subscription will be offered in two ways:

• A monthly recurring subscription of $2.49 (that’s less than a coffee a month) – you can unsubscribe at any time if you wish
  • An annual subscription of $19.99 – that’s a savings of 33% off the 12 month recurring price and just $1.67 per month
  • As a special bonus, we’ll be offering the first year at the low rate of $14.99 for anyone who signs up by May 21st – that breaks down to just $1.25 per month for the entire first year.

We’re excited to finally be able to fully support the two very different versions of DLF in the way our followers would come to expect. We have a LOT of things in store and look forward to many years of continually improving the single best resource for anyone involved in dynasty and keeper fantasy football leagues.

Thanks for your support!

Ken Kelly

Ken Kelly

Senior Partner - Executive Editor at DynastyLeagueFootball
Ken is a corporate trainer by day an a tireless editor of dynasty content by night. His passion for the World Champion Seattle Seahawks is second only to his love of fantasy football and the dynasty format.

Ken is on Twitter at DLF_KenK
Ken Kelly

Latest posts by Ken Kelly (see all)

1. ??droppedballs??

April 21, 2012 at 8:18 am

purchasing right after i post this

• DLF_KenK

April 21, 2012 at 8:35 am

Thanks a ton!

2. Cpiritual27

April 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Thanks guys. Started reading and posting here about a month ago, love the content! I’m definitely buying!

3. DLF_KenK

April 21, 2012 at 8:59 am

Well, we have almost 28,000 words ready for you! Thanks a ton for supporting the site. We have big things planned for the year and will support both the premium and free content we provide.

BTW, I’d strongly encourage you to check out the archive – you’ll find no less than 500 dynasty related articles out there.

• clarion contrarion

April 21, 2012 at 9:07 am

Is this something I can order w/o recurring charges on my card ? – A one time annual order ?Then reorder next year when my subscription runs out.
      I do not want to be forced to call to cancel at the end of the year – like norton antivirus scumbags make you do.

• DLF_KenK

April 21, 2012 at 9:10 am

The annual subscription IS a one-time, one year purchase that does not automatically renew at the end of the time period.

No worries there!

• clarion contrarion

April 21, 2012 at 9:18 am

I knew you guys were better than most !

4. Eric Hardter

April 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

Are you not able to comment on premium content? Just read the “dynasty losers” column and wanted to write something, but I couldn’t find a place to do so. Just curious, maybe I missed it…

• DLF_KenK

April 21, 2012 at 9:49 am

We’re tackling that as we speak!

5. StevieMo

April 21, 2012 at 10:08 am

I’m as cheap as they come in terms of buying online fantasy content but this offer is a no-brainer.

Humbly, my brother and I invented dynasty FF in 1988 and to see this site come of it so many years later makes us proud in a way. It’s like watching your son grow up to achieve great things. Thank you, DLF! I’m a huge fan!

• JC

April 21, 2012 at 11:28 am

You guys are the Al Gore of Dynasty….

• Bigcsr67

April 21, 2012 at 11:38 am

Invented it, huh? Thats a bold statement.

• StevieMo

April 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Just the first to play the dynasty game. We’ve been trying to find an older pure dynasty league for about 6 years now, to no avail. Anyway, not looking for anything for it; just proud of what it has become.

We just did it because we thought it would make draft decisions a lot more complex (rookie potential vs. veteran production, etc.) plus the other guys loved the idea right away. It also eliminated midseason bogus trades (since you’d want to keep your best players for future seasons) and made offseason trade activity an unexpected pleasure.

Started with 8 teams, then 10, now 12, with two expansion drafts along the way. This coming season will be our 25th, which is cool.

6. MoraccoMole

April 21, 2012 at 10:23 am

As soon as I set up a PayPal account, I too will be signing up. I first encountered you on Twitter earlier this year. That led me to your site. I have been a reader ever since. I look forward to the “extras” that come with the premium package.

7. Pete Strimel

April 21, 2012 at 10:56 am

Signed up already and am ready to dive in head-first. Giddy up!

8. DCR

April 21, 2012 at 11:24 am

is there any way to pay other than PayPal?

• Ken Moody

April 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Is there another vendor you prefer to use? Let me know and I’ll try to make it happen!

9. Bryan Murphy

April 21, 2012 at 11:41 am

As a guy that has played fantasy for over 15 years and is in 6 -7 leagues annually, I would like to say thank you for creating INCREDIBLE site. I have only been in dynasty leagues for the past 3 years and I honestly wish I wouldve found this site earlier. So again thank you and the $14.99 is well worth it for such as respectable site

April 21, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Thanks Bryan. Stick with us, call us home and be active on the forums. We’ll take care of the rest. 🙂

10. Eric

April 21, 2012 at 11:48 am

So wait, are you saying that I have to give up Coffee to sign up for premium content? /wink

April 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Absolutely not! Just back it down to a small one day from the Vente. DLF is better than coffee … and sex …. anyway. But we don’t expect you to give up either.

11. Detroitcity

April 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I have only been reading on here for about 3 months now and I am very impressed to say the least. Especially considering this is the “off season” content… im pretty pumped to see what kind of content you guys have post NFL draft, during training camp, and obviously in season

April 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Geez … apply more pressure why don’t you? We’re just getting started and hoping to have a huge community and a lot of fun. Stick with us year over year, give us feedback and tell your friends.

THanks for the support!

12. Joe Kool

April 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Signed up for a year…so make it good 😀

April 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

We have an accord. Please be active in the forums and stick with us!

13. Tim Stafford

April 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I’m sure I missed it, but how does one access the private forum for Premium subscribers?

• Joe Kool

April 22, 2012 at 8:20 am

Good question..I have yet to find that myself!

14. Chris Russell

April 21, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Signed up and looking forward to the premium content. I appreciate the quality of your site and hope my membership helps support your efforts in this hobby we all love. See you all in the forum.

April 21, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Love the comment Chris and it most certainly does help support. It allows for more quality writers, more quality information, the development of better tools and the purchase of utilities. Plus, fun member games, challenges, prizes, etc.

THanks for the support.

15. Travis Drake

April 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm

This was a “Buy It Now”!!! Keep up the awesome work.

16. Luke Bouchard

April 21, 2012 at 3:51 pm

i’m in the same boat as Tim-how do I access the premium forum?

April 21, 2012 at 5:08 pm

We’re working on a quicker way of accessing the forums. Currently, it’s a slow process for enabling forum access but you’ll have it very soon.

17. Ken's Wife

April 21, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Bout time this site starting making money!!!

April 21, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Hah! Could be any one of our wives or children. Thanks for the support

18. Sensei_John_Kreese

April 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Sorry, that was me. I’ll pull the trigger on the premiums once i get home.

19. jim cotney

April 21, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Looking forward to signing up for website…one question, when do you come out with your draft package?

• Ken Kelly

April 21, 2012 at 11:10 pm

The draft package itself won’t really be a “package.” Expect a mice amount of post-draft coverage, rankings and cheatsheets. We’ll also be rolling out the 32 team capsules and 32 different sleeper articles over the Summer.

Basically, we believe that any “snapshot” draft kits get dated way too quickly, so we’re just planning on putting our foot on the gas and not stopping.

• Jim Cotney

April 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Great, thanks for the follow-up. Signed up today, already well worth the investment. Looking forward to future stories.

20. Jeremy Upah

April 21, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I bought it and love it. Good work fellas!!! I’m in a 16 teamer and have picks 3.14 & 3.15 or 46 & 47 overall. Any chance you could throw 10 more guys on that tier list? I’d like it a lot! =)
    Thanks again for this hardcore site.

• Eric Dickens

April 21, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Jeremy, not sure if that will be updated again pre-draft, but you can also check out our overall rookie ranks on the site in the meantime. http://bit.ly/dlf_rranks

• Ken Kelly

April 21, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Just wait until post-draft. You’ll be covered!

April 22, 2012 at 9:11 am

Thanks for the support Jeremy. As Ken pointed out above me, we’ll make sure you’re covered. Pre-draft, we do rankings and profiles but post-draft is really what matters so we don’t kill ourselves with copy ahead of the draft … but we do try to cover enough of the players such that you can get an idea of our tiers and perhaps position yourself for trades.

Post-draft … different story.

21. David Burkhard

April 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Signed up for the year, already read every word. Great stuff guys.

• Ken Kelly

April 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Thanks so much! It was a lot of initial work, but that’s just the beginning.

22. JoJo

April 21, 2012 at 9:37 pm

This is my 3rd yr using this sight and I just signed up for my 2nd yr of the premium content. I like this format a lot better than the downloads last year. Looking forward to a great yr with DLF. Keep up the good work guys!

• Ken Kelly

April 21, 2012 at 11:08 pm

So glad to hear that. We’ll have some downloadable content (in fact, the draft tracker is available already if you click on the premium tab up on top), but this format is going to allow us to keep everything very up to date.

23. Matt Kornberg

April 22, 2012 at 12:23 am

Agree, with that price its a no brainer. Love the site, excited to see what you have in store

24. geoff wadham

April 22, 2012 at 5:34 am

Purchased this last night and the content is solid! It is great to have content that is always up to date and relevant. $14.99 compared to the cost of the mags that are out of date by the time they are printed makes this a great buy.

Thanks Gents!

• Ken Kelly

April 22, 2012 at 7:06 am

Boy, that makes my morning. We put a lot of time into those initial pieces and that makes everything worthwhile. Enjoy the next 364 days of it!

Thanks!

April 22, 2012 at 9:12 am

That’s exactly why we changed the format from last year. The day after we publish an update, it’s out of date. This way, we can just keep updating.

25. Darren Liberski

April 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

I just signed up and hoping for good material throughout the year, but really like what I’ve seen so far.

I have been using The Huddle and Football Guys for years, but their Dynasty content is severely lacking in my opinion.

I really hope you guys can be my site for the future. I don’t have time to do all the research that’s necessary in a dynasty league, so premium content, that’s relavent, is appreciated.

I’m looking forward to better seasons now.

Thanks!!

April 22, 2012 at 9:16 am

We love those other sites and they’re great. But we don’t feel that ANYONE will be able to touch our dynasty focus because … well … it’s our focus and we are doing it 365 days a year. Lining up the best writers that also do it 365 days a year and, most importantly, assembling the biggest community of dynasty coaches that want to interact 365 days a year.

Thanks for the support. We can most certainly be your home!

26. Gabriel

April 22, 2012 at 8:37 am

I’ve never paid for any content like this in the past and to be honest, I’m a little skeptical. I am generally completely turned off by fees for web content. I really like the content you provide and I think it’s high quality writing. I’m willing to give it a try but I will say that even at a discounted $14.99 rate, I have exceedingly high expectations. I’m ready for you to prove my skepticism wrong though!

• Ken Kelly

April 22, 2012 at 8:52 am

Well, we’ll have 365 days to prove it! We feel that’s the beauty of not offering some type of one-off or “kit,” so to speak.

April 22, 2012 at 9:18 am

Thanks for the honest comment Gabriel. Just know that we have very high expectations as well and for what amounts $1.25/mo., we think we can provide a ton of value to you. Be sure to be active in the forums as we feel that has tremendous value just on its own. We won’t disappoint and the work is only beginning.

27. Tommy Cooper

April 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Your site looks great and I did sign up for the premium service for a year to try everything out, but I would love to see more information on the IDP side of things.

Not only with vets, also rookies, IDP rookie rankings, and IDP rookie rankings with the rookie offensive rankings.

This would be helpful with the subscribers that play both sides in FF.

• Ken Kelly

April 22, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I’d be watching for tomorrow’s premium content offering…I think you’ll like what you see.

• Joe Kool

April 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Will it be the premier forum? Cuz..Im a still waiting 😉

• Eric Dickens

April 23, 2012 at 7:58 am

Joe, sorry about the delay. I have you approved now. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks for your patience.

• Steve Wyremski

April 23, 2012 at 5:05 am

@Tommy

Once the draft occurs, I do plan on doing something with IDP rookie rankings. There’s so much that depends on what system an IDP is drafted to that pre-draft IDP rankings can often change drastically post-draft. Based on that, I don’t spend too much time pre-draft worrying about IDP rookie rankings.

You’ll see something post draft, certainly. It will also integrate offensive players, as well.

• Tommy Cooper

April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

OK thanks.

• Steve Wyremski

April 23, 2012 at 5:13 am

Also, the 42-round IDP mock draft analysis article posted today incorporates rookie picks and has a ton of IDP value discussion.

28. Nathan Stark

April 22, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Any word on forum access? Signed up yesterday.

• Ken Kelly

April 22, 2012 at 5:48 pm

If you’re not seeing access, it’s likely because the forum handles are different. Can you each send me a PM with your forum handles from the free forum? I’ll set you up…

• Ken Moody

April 22, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Nathan you should be good to go.

• Nathan Stark

April 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm

If you’ve signed up and are having any trouble, let these guys know. They took care of my problem. Thanks!

• Ken Moody

April 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm

If you are having any issues, best to use the Contact Us form. we see those and can address hose much more rapidly, posts here or on the forum we may not always catch very quickly. Thanks! KM

• Joe Kool

April 23, 2012 at 2:32 am

Sent…

• Eric Dickens

April 23, 2012 at 7:58 am

Joe Kool, I have you taken care of.

• Joe Kool

April 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

Thank you!

29. estepj1

April 25, 2012 at 4:54 am

I’m getting the 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable sign when trying to login to the premium content. Is this something I’m doing wrong? Thank you!

April 25, 2012 at 9:00 am

Still having the problem?

• estepj1

April 25, 2012 at 9:28 am

Yes, I’m not sure why. I could get in the first day, but starting yesterday I could not.

30. Drew Ortner

April 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Just signed up last night! Excited to try the forums (still need access), and love the premium articles. Well worth it.

31. KC Guzz

April 25, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Give me a “bill me” option to activate.

32. Sensei_John_Kreese

April 26, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Sensei is in. I don’t have access to the premium stuff yet. I’m assuming it’s because my paypal transaction hasn’t gone through yet.

• Sensei John Kreese

April 26, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Okay, nevermind…I have it figured out…

and i even lost the underscores.

33. estepj1

April 30, 2012 at 7:26 am

I’m getting the 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable sign when trying to login to the premium content. Is this something I’m doing wrong? I haven’t been able to get into the premium content that I paid for in a week.

• Ken Moody

April 30, 2012 at 8:17 am

Estepj1, I’ve sent you an email. Please check your inbox and we’ll get this issue resolved. Thanks! KM

34. Danton Goulet

May 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

So far so good! Being fairly new to Dynasty (and probably alot more serious than I was last year), everything has been fantastic! Keep all the great info rolling!