Week 16 Lineup Advice: Championship Week!

In all likelihood, week 16 serves as your league’s championship week.  If you’ve come to us seeking advice for this week’s games you’ve come to the right place.  If you’re playing for a ring this week, congratulations!

I plan on having a piece here on DLF every day up until Christmas as long as things don’t get too busy, so keep it tuned here.  I’m planning on releasing the following shortly:

–  Week 16/17 Blog
–  Rising/Falling Players
–  Carries/Targets Update
–  Off-season, DLF & You

If you’ve followed us here at DLF for any length of time, you know that as the season winds down, DLF’s content winds … up.  Quite simply put, if you’re going to follow only one site for all of your fantasy football needs in the off-season, regardless of format, DLF is that site!

You’ll want to get set up on our forums now if you haven’t already.  I’ve seen dozens of forums and there isn’t one out there that has the level of experience, fanatical enthusiasm and expertise that the DLF forum provides.  Our coaches are the best on the planet and they’re helping each other, and you, regardless of your level of expertise.  Sign up now and realize that once you get active on a forum, your level of competitiveness and knowledge will immediately rise.

Let’s get to the advice.  Get your questions in now!

Jeff Haverlack
Oh really?

PPR league, 100yrd bonuses, I hate to sit Gore but I’m currently starting K. Smith and Celek over him in my flex spots. Too cute?

Thanks!

Lowenthal
Reply to  Oh really?

Too cute for me. I’m going Gore and Kevin Smith. Close call though. Celek just feels inconsistent to me but he did explode last week with Vick back.

SE

Pick 3: Lynch, BJGE, Wells, or Kahlil Bell

Lowenthal
Reply to  SE

Lynch, Wells, Bell for me unless it is TD-heavy scoring… then I sub BJGE for Bell.

Jimmy Graham Cracker

For three receiver spots, I have Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin, and Hakeem Nicks – who do I sit?

Also, for three RB spots I have Chris Johnson (bleh), Roy Helu, Ryan Mathews, Felix Jones, and Shonn Greene.

Thanks!

Tim Mercier

Hey, How’s it going?? Obviously every1 writing in to you this week is in their championship matchup and have a lot on the line. Need some advice on my RB2 and WR3 situation in a PPR League.

PPR pick 1 out of the 3 RB’s,
Felix Jones @home against Eagles
Marshawn Lynch against 49er’s
Darren Sproles against Falcons

At 1st I was leaning in Felix’s direction, as I did last week, but this hamstring injury concerns he won’t get the rock as much. With Lynch going against the vaunted 49er D I think I am gonna go with Sproles, especially because the team I am taking on has Drew Brees. So Maybe Sproles gets 5-6 catches and 1 of those lead to a TD that would off set any TD Bree’s gets. What do you think???

And as for me WR3 I gotta pick between 3 of the following
Santonio Homes against Giants
James Jones agaisnt Bears
Jabar Gaffney against Vikings

Like I did last week as well think I am going to go with Gaffney but Holmes has been on a TD streak but not too much else after that. You opinion is appreciated. Thanks for the help, Tim.

Lowenthal
Reply to  Tim Mercier

I’m going Sproles, then Lynch, then Felix (don’t like that hammy situation)

For WR I gotta roll with Santonio here, then Gaffney, then J Jones.

Drew

PPR Flex:

Pick 2 from:

Hernandez vs MIA
Finley vs CHI
Antonio Brown vs. STL
Either CAR Back vs. TB
Crabtree @ SEA

Lowenthal
Reply to  Drew

Antonio Brown and Finley are my top 2, with Crabtree at a close #3.

Boondock Saints
Reply to  Lowenthal

I would agree with Lowenthal…. Brown/Finley.

Lowenthal

PPR HELP:

Starting Stafford, R Rice, Austin, J Graham and need 2 more

Pick 2 more from the following:
Felix Jones (tweaked hammy)
Laurent Robinson
Hakeem Nicks (Revis Island)
Brandon Lloyd (vs PIT)

Reply to  Lowenthal

Nicks and Jones.

Mike App

Standard decimal scoring, with no bonuses.

I need to start 2 of the following; Hakeem Nicks, Santana Moss, Kahlil Bell or Demaryius Thomas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to  Mike App

This one is really tough. I would actually go Bell and Nicks or Moss. I have a hard time sitting Nicks, even against Revis, so I would go with Nicks.

Coach

Non PPR. 100 yard bonuses

i need 2 of :
Antonio Brown vs. St. Louis
Benjarvus Green Ellis vs Miami
Stevie Johnson vs. Denver
Demaryus Thomas vs. Buffalo

Reply to  Coach

A. Brown and S. Johnson. If Johnson’s injury flares up, I would go with D. Thomas instead.

Chris

Partial PPR league. I have to choose two running backs; four wide receivers; and a RB/WR out of the following:

Running Backs:

Dez Bryant
H. Nicks
DeSean Jackson
M. Williams
R. Cobb
James Jones

Im leaning towards RB’s Mendenhall, Jackson; RB/WR Sproles; WR Crabtree, D. Thomas, D. Bryant, and H. Nicks.

Boondock Saints
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

I would also agree with what you were thinking. The only guy that you mentioned I would second guess is Crabtree, but the rest are safe bet.

Boondock Saints

Im starting Brees/R. Rice/ ?? /Calvin/Miles/Holmes this week. Who do I go with for my #2 RB from Benson/Lynch/Spiller? I am thinking Benson…..Thoughts?

Reply to  Boondock Saints

PPR – Spiller; Non-PPR – Benson. No way I would go Lynch against 49ers.

Boondock Saints
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks. Just what I needed to hear. I just need to go with my gut and start Benson since it isnt PPR. These damn rankings this week just got me second guessing myself. lol

Richard

Need to pick 2 RBs and 2 WRs and one flex RB/WR from the group:

RB
A. Peterson
C.J. Spiller
F. Gore
M. Barber
M. Tolbert
L. Blount

WR
D. Bryant
V. Jackson
M. Austin
L. Moore

Who would your 2 RBs be, 2 WRs, and flex RB/WR?

Thanks!

Reply to  Richard

PPR?

Richard
Reply to  Chris

Richard
Reply to  Richard

Actually partially PPR.

Reply to  Richard

A. Peterson
C.J. Spiller
F. Gore

V. Jackson
and (D. Bryant or M. Austin). I like Bryant better to score but Austin is guaranteed more catches. I think Austin is the safer bet.

I don’t think you can trust starting Moore over Bryant or Austin, he’s feast of famine with too many mouths to feed in N.O.

tidewaterjc

Bench:
Blount
TBMW
Little
DNelson
Dallas DST

Question: What combo of WRs & RBs would you play? Do I take a chance on Blount vs. CAR, and who do I bench? Is TEN the right play over DAL?

Thanks!

Reply to  tidewaterjc

I’d leave the starters as you have them.

tidewaterjc
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Picked up KBell off waivers to hedge against Felix

Ryan

A few holes/questions on championship week…

1. With Ben now likely sitting, who should I play? Locker (if he plays), Orton, Flacco or Grossman? I really like locker if he starts, it would just kill me if he doesnt start again and I have to watch Hasselbeck stink up the show again

2. Rb, pick 2- Ap, Cj2k, Ryan Matthews, Cj Spiller. I like AP and CJ, but Matthews has been consistently good as of late.

3. WR, pick 1- hakeem nicks, nate washington, anquan boldin, or santana moss. This is up in the air

Reply to  Ryan

If Locker starts play him. I don’t think he’ll start though (he’ll probably come in relief again), so you won’t have that option. Instead I would actually start Grossman (as scary as that is).

CJ and Matthews

Between Nicks and Moss. Personally, I would probably go Nicks, even with Revis (he’ll do what he can to make up for last week’s drop), but it’s tempting to gamble on Moss.

Patrick

Fantasy Football Super Bowl time. Standard League championship. Pick 3:

Lesean McCoy @DAL
Frank Gore @SEA
Michael Turner @NO
Felix Jones PHI
Kevin Smith SD

Thanks!

Reply to  Patrick

McCoy, Gore, Turner. Not really close for me.

Flavius

Need 2 RB’s , 2 WR’s 1 Flex (non PPR standard scoring)

RB’s – Mathews, Mendenhall, Lynch
WR’s – J.Jones, AJ Green, B.Marshall

Who sits this week?

Everyone has a good matchup except Lynch, but its awfully hard to sit him right now.

Reply to  Flavius

I’d sit Jones or Lynch. Im leaning towards Jones.

TN TarHeel

What are your thoughts on the following (partial PPR)?

Need 2 RBs:
R. Mathews
R. Bush
K. Smith
M. Ingram
C. Benson
A. Bradshaw

Need 2 WRs:
Julio Jones
J. Nelson
M. Crabtree
B. Lloyd

Also need one flex RB/WR out of this group. Thoughts?

Thanks!

TN TarHeel
Reply to  TN TarHeel

Sorry, but which TE do you recommend?

T. Gonzalez
A. Hernandez

Reply to  TN TarHeel

R. Mathews
R. Bush
C. Benson

J. Nelson
M. Crabtree

Hernandez

The Vich

Hi Jeff and Ken,

Two title games for me this week!

1st Game:

Ryan or Vick – I’m really hoping for a shootout w/ New Orleans.

Pick 5 (must play at least one RB):
Ahmad Bradshaw
S Jax
Brandon Jacobs
Mendenhall
Boldin
Andre Johnson(would love to play him, but can’t)
Megatron
Brandon Marshall
Hakeem Nicks
Denarius Moore

I’m leaning Mendenhall at home agnst St Louis, Calvin, Brandon, Nicks, and am really at a loss for my 5th?

Thanks

The Vich

2nd game:

Brees or Rivers – If Brees vs Ryan is a defensive war I probably lose both games……

RB – No choice, but Marshawn Lynch as he’s the only healthy back I have

WR – I need 4:
Fitz
Jacoby Ford
Marshall
Brad Smith
Steve Smith Carolina
Mike Williams TB

Patriots or Giants Defense?

john

chris johnson or felix jones ppr?

Hakeem nicks or dez bryant ppr?

Thanks.

Brad

Pick 2 WR (0.5 PPR)

Wallace (Big Ben injury?)
Nicks (Revis Island)
AJ Green (Shoulder?)
L.Robinson

Thanks.

Dutchmen

Hey guys…a few questions this week.
In league one I managed to make the Big Game.
Should I be worried about A.Rodgers? I have him, R.Fitzpatrick, and M.Flynn.
Also, from the following group I need to start 3 RBs, 3 WRs, and 1 flex. C.Benson, F.Gore, L.Blount, K.Bell at RB and do to Jennings going down I’m thin at WR with R.White, H.Nicks, J.Gaffney, J.Simpson, and V.Brown.

I’m thinking RB: Benson, Gore, and Blount. WR: White, Nicks, Gaffney Flex: Bell
Thoughts?

In league two I managed to make it to the Semi-finals with the superbowl in week 17.
QB: pick one of P.Rivers, M.Sanchez, and A.Dalton
RB: pick three of A.Peterson, R.Rice, R.Bush, and M.Tolbert
WR: pick three of B.Marshall, H.Nicks, M.Wallace, S.Johnson, N.Washington, T.Young, D.Moore
TE: pick one of A.Gates and J.Graham
Plus one flex of any 3 postions

I’m thinking:
Rivers, Peterson, Rice, Bush, Marshall, Nicks, Wallace, Graham, and Johnson(flex)
— that is if Big Ben plays. if he sits I think start Gates in place of Wallace….
Thoughts?

Dion

Mike Tolbert, Ben Tate, or Kevin Smith? Pick one please.

Dion
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

thx, non ppr. it’s hard to trust smith but that’s the way i’m leaning. I am starting Arian Foster and Ryan Mathews, just need a 3rd RB

Dion
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

awesome call man. THANKYOU.

Mike

Non-ppr

Pick one of the following to pair with Foster: Tate, Bradshaw, K. Smith.

Pick three of the following five WRs: Austin, Colston, Cruz, L. Robinson, Boldin.

Thank you.

Mike Garman

First time I’ve ever been in the final and it’s going to be close.
Dez Bryant…….or…………Julio Jones ? ?
Defense..Tennessee over Jscksonville…or…Cinnci over STL ? ?

Mike

Thanks for the help last week. Championship game in a non ppr tough decisions at WR and RB

1st would you consider starting Kevin Smith or DeAngelo Williams over Steven Jackson and his matchup with Pitts?

2nd…I hate being stuck with Crabtree and Boldin as starting WR’s (through a combo of injuries to Andre Jonhson & Johnny Knox) – my only alternatives to either are WR David Nelson or starting a 2nd TE in Jared Cook.

Are either Cook or Nelson worth a risk over (a now injured) Boldin or Crabs?

Thanks for the great work all season.

chubs4cubs

ppr with 100 yard bonuses…. maclin, boldin, or robinson

Chief1246

Hey,

Well, I’m still alive and in the finals. Still no Forte or Jennings…hoping Santa brings me some extra points this week.

PPR league, need to pick 3 flex players off the following list, only 1 can be a RB:

Breaston vs Oak
Lance Moore vs Atl
Green-Ellis vs Mia
Tate vs Ind
Gresham vs Ari

I’m leaning Breaston, Moore and Tate (I like Tate’s matchup with Ind…figure they will be running the ball late in the game.)

Chief1246
Reply to  Chief1246

One more possibility…I have Jamie Harper on the bench. With CJ’s injury and limited practice, would you gamble on Harper vs the Jags instead of anyone I mentioned previously?

Vic

K.Smith Beenie Wells K.Bell

I need two. I’ve rode Beenie all season and ever since Murrary went down Smith has been my man but here we are in the final round and who do i go with.

PPR league, balanced scoring among positions. Which 3 do I sit? M.Bush, Lynch, Fitz, A.J.Green, Calvin, T.Smith, M.Williams(TB), V.Davis, Keller.

Give me 4 LB’s this week: D.Bishop, D.Harris, D.Hawthorne, D’Q Jackson, J.Mayo, S.Weatherspoon, P.Willis. -thx

Alex in Tulsa

In the SB in 2 of 4 leagues. and need some advice/confirmation:

League 1
@ Flex: Greene or Mathews (I have Mathews)
@ TE: Graham, Finley or Cook (I have Graham)

League 2
@ Flex: Kevin Smith, Denarius Moore, or TBMW (I have Kevin Smith)
@ D: Bears or Titans (I have Titans)

Thanks!

Blount force

Only have mere hours to decide…

Do I play Tate @ IND over Blount @ CAR in my flex???

Steve in Boston

non-PPR. I could use your help for my championship game:

For D/ST, should I go with the Texans or 49ers?

For WR, which 2 out of Santana Moss, Jeremy Maclin, Demaryius Thomas, and Nate Washington should I start?

Thanks!

Aggie

Michael Bush, Roy Helu, Chris Johnson & Felix Jones – Need your thoughts on who to start this week?

Aggie

… I forgot to state, I need to pick 2… Thanks!

BuyLow

PPR:
#2 RB – Tate or B. Wells

tosnsprx

non ppr standard scoring what QB would you start Matt Ryan or Michael Vick.
Also I need a RB and a flex spot. Blount, D Bowe or felix.

And for the bonus question Jets Giants or seahawks D?

Thanks guys its hard to good line up advice with my friends right now every ones afraid of being wrong.

tony

pick 1 1 ppr

s greene v nyg
harvin v wash
dem thomas v buf

thanks

gresham v arz or fasano v ne

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  tony

I’d go with Harvin but Thomas is really coming on.

Gresham.

Man of Walt

Pick one

Bowe vs Raiders
Robinson vs Eagles

Then

would you play Either guy over, Gore vs Seattle, who is now my flex?

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Man of Walt

Very even .. but I’d play Bowe.

Nope … I’d play Gore first.

Fins Fan

PPR Championship Game

Who would you pick as my 3rd WR, Mike Wallace or Harvin and why?

Both have similar matchups albeit over the last 4 weeks Wallace’s matchup is slightly more favorable. Harvin averages 9 targets a game in the past 4 weeks to Wallace’s 6.5. Min have to get the ball to Harvin if they are to win, and Batch will be starting more than likely for Big Ben.

So I’m leaning towards Harvin, but Wallace seems to be coming into a better run of form at the right time and Harvin did nothing last week… so I’m torn…Who would you pick?

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Fins Fan

Harvin for me. Look at what Harvin has been doing recently. He is clearly the playmaker in that offense and they are moving him around to get him touches. I won’t be surprised if he throws a TD this week.

Wallace will have Batch under center and Wallace is relatively streaky as is. I want the player in there that an offense runs through and in MIN, it’s not Peterson right now.

I’d start Harvin without any lost sleep. It’s still a choice that could bite you because both are talented, but I’d still roll with Harvin.

Steve

.5 PPR
Who should I start at RB2 and flex?
Marshawn Lynch (SF)
Kahlil Bell (GB)
Pierre Thomas (ATL)
Toby Gerhart (WAS)
Ryan Grant (CHI)
Donald Driver (CHI)

I am leaning towards starting Lynch and Bell but wondering if I should put PT in there over Lynch with Ingram out.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Steve

Even with .5 PPR, Bell is a nice play this week. Barber is out so Bell will be the man. We’re expecting him to get 5-7 receptions alone.

And I’d probably put in PT over Lynch for the reason you stated. With Ingram out PT should get a lot of touches. ATL is a good run D, but they will have their hands full.

We’re sitting Lynch as well this week.

Brian

M. Lynch v. SFO
C. Spiller v. DEN
L. Blount @ CAR
A. Bradshaw @ NYJ

Thanks!

Zero Hero

PPR league, 100yrd bonuses. Should I start Antonio Brown sans Rothlisberger against the Rams or Vernon Davis against the 49ers?

I feel they both are high upside, huge risk plays. Please help. Please be right. LOL

greg saunders

In a td heavy scoring league do you go Vick or Romo? Philly defense is playing much better than Dallas but Dallas has better weapons.

Also, Kevin Smith or Jonathon Stewart?

Thanks

Duane

0.5PPR, Need 1, Nicks(Revis) or S. Holmes. I’m thinking it’s pretty even this week.

Vic

V-Jax is riding my Flex spot. now that he is all dinged up should i just let him sit this week out. My only two options are both smiths. Torrey Smith BMORE and K.Smith Detroit should i slide one of those guys in for V-Jax even if he suits up. And if he doesnt which one do you like more?

Vic
Reply to  Vic

PPR and bonus pt milestone league. Thanks for your advice all season! Merry Christmas hopefully santa will bring us bragging rights for the entire off season!

This is PPR with either 1rb/3wr or 2/2.

Options:
L.McCoy vs the Cowboys
Chris Wells vs Bengels
Pierre Thomas vs Falcons (just heard Ingram out)

Miles Austin vs Eagles
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Darius Heyward Bey vs KC
Julio Jones vs Saints

Also have Felix Jones but believe he won’t be a good play due to hammy issues.

Thanks in advance, and have a Merry Christmas!

Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Thanks man!

Bowe has been a mystery for me all year. I was leaning on starting him due to Orton now hurling the rock. You’re not concerned with Sproles and Ivory watering down the workload for PT?

Reply to  Matthew

I should add that currently I am starting McCoy, Austin, Bowe and Jones.

Brian

Ppr 3 of 4 bowe s smith (car) Marshall or santana moss?