Week 4 Blog: Around the League and Start/Sit Advice (Update 10/1)

One quick item of note before I get started.  Due to volume and the number of articles that receive comments here on DLF, start/sit questions will likely only be answered up until Sat. night.  Any questions after that should be asked in the chat room this week.  We’re looking to really pack the chat room every Sunday AM in which we have the chats, so please show up there to ask your questions.

Oct. 1, 10:30 PM

Dez Bryant looks to be a “go” for Sunday but I remain concerned about his number of snaps and/or his ability to stay in the game.  He’s a big receiver and that quad is can be much like a hamstring in the recovery.  I’ll be sitting him.  I’d recommend the same unless you have very little backing him up.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see him deactivated before the game.

Beanie Wells is a “go” again.  He’s going against the Giants which likely doesn’t bode well.  I believe he’s no better than a higher end RB3 this week.

Kendall Hunter could get meaningful touches on Sunday and he’s looked far more dynamic and capable than the quickly-aging Gore.  Think low-end RB3 for Hunter which equates to you playing him nearly as an emergency, but you could do worse.

Things that I’m watching this Sunday ….

Shanahan is up to his old tricks again and it’s no wonder so many don’t like playing for him.  Using the media to light a fire under Hightower is what we’ve all come to expect and it’s quite likely that Torain will see at least some time this week.  Torain is deserving of more touches than he has been getting, at least in my mind and I believe you’ll be seeing a lot more of him in the second half of the year.

I’m watching Flacco this week vs. that Jets secondary.  This is going to be a great game and is worthy of watching even if you are without fantasy players in the game.  This type of game is what Flacco needs in order to take that next step.  He’s looking very poised and confident and a solid game solidifies his rank in the top ten within his position.

Matt Ryan needs to show up big for Atlanta against the Seahawks.   Enough of this inconsistent and mistake-ridden play.

The passing of Mike Heimerdinger is sad news and I’m pulling for the Titans to play this game in his memory.  Heimerdinger was a great spirit and a heckuva coach.  He’s the type of coach that players like to play for in that he was a developer of men, not just a coach … and there is most certainly a difference.  He was also a very creative coordinator that had the ability to play-call to the talent on his team to get the most of them.  He will be missed.

Andy Dalton had  a poor showing last week in San Francisco.  How will the rookie respond?  Through two weeks he had three touchdowns and no interceptions.  Then in week three, no touchdowns and two interceptions.  Those are the type of games that bring out the rookie in rookies in that it affects confidence.  Will he stay tall in the pocket?  Will he check down more?  Will he hold the ball waiting for something more clear to open up?  This is the new look Bills that he is up against but their secondary isn’t anything noteworthy.

Can Sam Bradford put his sliding team onto his shoulders and carry them to a win against the visiting Redskins?  The Rams haven’t been able to keep Bradford on his feet and team brass failed him mightily in getting weapons for him to throw to.  I just don’t believe he can put up noteworthy fantasy stats in 2011 with the talent around him.  A returning Steven Jackson could be a boost!

Michael Vick is playing through his deep bone bruise on his non-throwing hand.  I’m expecting to see Vick have more happy feet in the pocket than he has recently.  It’s obvious Vick has lost confidence in his offensive line and the officiating in their ability to protect him.  No better way for the elusive Vick to stay upright than to move from the pocket and pick up chunks of yards on his way to the sideline.  Will be an interesting push-pull between his desire to not get sacked vs. his desire to protect his hand.

Arian Foster owners, what are you doing this Sunday?  Play or sit?  Foster is said to be getting a full workload but I feel there is little way that will happen.  Still, you have to have him in your lineup just in case but the matchup vs. Steelers isn’t what the doctor ordered for a gimpy hamstring.  He’s said to be fully recovered but feeling 100% and being fully recovered from a recurring hamstring are two very different things.  Start him but it may be best not to watch.

James Starks.  With Ryan Grant out, Starks is in for a full load and should be motivated to atone for his horrible week three.  That said, Green Bay is a passing team and Starks could see as few as 12 carries or so.  But I also look for multiple swing passes out of the backfield.  The Pack still don’t take advantage of Starks’ exceptional hands as much as they should.  With their spread receiver sets and Finley in the seam, Starks should be able to capitalize mightily on wheel routes and quick flares.  We’ll see.  Anything inside the five yard line though and you’ll be hearing chants of Kuuuuuhhhhhhn.

With Daniel Thomas grabbing some bench this week, how does Reggie Bush respond.  We mentioned selling high on Bush before it was too late.  Hey, Ken Kelly and I have him as well in the Dynasty Experts League (3-0) and we didn’t sell high on him either.  We thought “before it is too late” was sometime around week four … not after week one.  For his part, Henne hasn’t looked overly bad in 2011 and the Dolphins need to allow him to play without looking over his shoulder.

Well, that’s it for this week.  Good luck to all you ballers tomorrow and join us in the chat room tomorrow AM if you can.  I didn’t post about the chat, but I’ll be in there bright and early.

Sept. 30 10:00 AM

Seems that there is a lot of focus on Chris Johnson this week.  Most believed that week 3 was going to be the week for CJ to break out of his slump and return to form.  The fact that he didn’t, nor was even close to doing it, has sent a collective wave of panic across fantasy, at least for owners of Johnson.

Data continues to emerge showing what most of us that have looked at the situation closely already realize, the blocking has been sub-par and the running lanes non-existent.  Worse than that in my opinion, but still related, is the fact that the stretch plays that were so successful in 2010 haven’t been close to effective.  Those same stretch plays that allow CJ to use his patience to allow a crease to emerge, followed by his unrivaled burst through the hole into the secondary, have been doomed from the snap.

I fully believe that week four will be CJ’s best week to date, in that he now essentially should be back into game shape and his preseason is now over.  This doesn’t guarantee anything other than Johnson should be individually prepared to take advantage of anything his offensive line or the defense provides him, but it can’t be done alone.  The greater mystery and concern here is in the offensive line play and the changes that have taken place.  Whether it is, indeed, the creativity of the offensive coordinator’s play calling or something more deeply rooted in the line’s desire to block for Johnson, fantasy owners just don’t care.  Looking a bit deeper, body and conditioning aside, my biggest concern is in CJ’s body language which has visibly shown a level of frustration and and, perhaps even disengagement.   My hope is that week four lifts the fog in its entirety.

I’ve heard some more vocal experts professing the need to trade away Chris Johnson in redraft leagues.  I can see where they are coming from but I believe that would be a mistake.  I’ll say this:  If you are a middle-tier team looking to get over the hump, but not elite, I would move a second tier RB such as Ahmad Bradshaw, Jahvid Best, Beanie Wells or the like to nab Johnson.  Remember, this is for you redrafters.  Chris Johnson’s value couldn’t be much lower in redraft than it is now and if he returns to any form even remotely resembling 2010, he could put you over the hump.

Antonio Gates looks to be out until after the bye week.

Ryan Grant is as doubtful as they come for this week making Starks a very strong play at home vs. Denver.  He’ll be very motivated after a dismal week three performance that included a fumble.

DLF preseason super sleeper Denarius Moore is turning up in start/sit questions and is now likely rostered in most all deeper dynasty leagues.  Moore has emerged as a play maker for the Raiders and seems to have that “it” factor.

If you are an owner of Arian Foster, I think you have to sit him and Ben Tate one more week.  If you’re a gambler, it seems that Foster will be starting this week but I fully expect coach Kubiak to play it safe with Foster at least one more week.  More importantly is what the split will be going forward as Tate has shown himself capable.  Remember Kubiak’s days in Denver aside Mike Shanahan and their constant rotation of running backs.

Dwayne Bowe put in a spirited performance this past Sunday leaving hope that perhaps he could remain viable going forward.  I continue to believe that he’s no better than a lower end WR2 for the remainder of the year due to injuries and quarterback play, but you at least know he will be the focal point.

Curtis Painter is likely starting for the Colts.  If you watched any of Painter’s games in the preseason, you need only know one thing – Painter stares down Reggie Wayne on nearly every passing snap.  Look for Wayne to have targets in the middle teens potentially double digit receptions.

Matt Ryan vs. Seahawks or Joe Flacco vs. Jets.  Ryan, Flacco, Ryan, Flacco …… Ryan.  Ryan’s performance thus far has been disappointing and mysterious but he can see what is just underneath the surface.  I professed that I thought Ryan was due to be considered a top five fantasy quarterback in 2012.  Obviously not.  Although, Seattle is a great place to make a bid for that if he was so inclined.  Ryan it is for me this week.

Look for Steven Jackson to go this week.  I’m not 100% confident but enough so to keep him in my starting lineup until I hear otherwise.

If I can take a tangent here just for a second and vent about something?  The use of the phrase “You know …” in interviews, by radio hosts and in every day conversation has become maddening to me.  There is one particular show that I simply cannot listen to because of the use of “You know…”.  Occasional use, okay … two to five times in ever sentence, maddening.  I realize this is MY issue and need to get over it.

I’d like to hear from all of you regarding your like or dislike of non-PPR leagues.  Over the past few years I have found myself really liking leagues that allow you to use multiple strategies towards developing a championship team.  One thing that is certain is that non-PPR leagues just do not provide wide receivers a level of impact that can be counted on.  When a good game consists of five receptions for a receiver, not receiving points for each reception puts them at a significant disadvantage in the area of scoring potential, at least when compared to the running back and quarterback positions.  For myself, I have no interest in joining new non-PPR formats.  You?

Sept. 28

Can you believe it’s week 4 already?

Not going to recap an ugly week, at least as far as I’m concerned.  Nope, we’re keeping our eyes focused on the horizon here and trying to breathe some life into those of you that have a dismal start to the new year.  It’s a long season, keep fighting.

Chris Johnson says he’s finally feeling like he’s back in shape.  Oh, good to know.  Now if there ever is a hole to run through in that offensive line, maybe he’ll be able to get through it.  The going isn’t going to be any easier with Kenny Britt out for the year.  Britt is a great buy low candidate for those of you wanting to take a little risk.  He’s still only 23 and he should be back and ready to go by training camp.

I don’t normally share my teams in most cases but I’m going to make an exception  and share one of them to make a point for those of you starting 0-3:

QB:   Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco
RB:   Chris Johnson
WR:  Larry Fitzgerald
WR:  Andre Johnson
FX:  DeAngelo Williams/James Starks
FX:  Kenny Britt/Dwayne Bowe/A.J Green
TE:  Jermichael Finley/Dallas Clark

0-3.

The wrong QB choice cost me one game and could have contributed to a W for one other if I had started Britt.  Of course, I didn’t start Britt until he had produced two weeks in a row and played himself into my lineup in week three.  Nice timing there Jeff.

Point is, two years ago this team scores a record number of points in our long running league and last year and thus far in 2011, it’s been a dog.  Two years running this team was voted to be one of the strongest in the league and has under-performed.  A team can look great, but simply not produce.  But that doesn’t mean that you need to look for a tall building, you must stick with it.  Every week is a chance to start a run.  I’ll look for a building if I’m 0-6.

Antonio Gates owners should be getting worried about now, it looks as if age and too many years of being a stalwart have caught up with him.  He appears to be out again in week four.

In Green Bay, James Starks laid an egg and Ryan Grant made his case to be the starter in week 4, at least until Grant was sidelined with a bruised kidney.  Look for Grant to sit in week four and for Starks to smell opportunity at home against Denver.  He’ll be in my lineup in all leagues and he should be in yours again this week.  Hold your breath.

When was the last time Dallas Clark was outside the top 20 in his position?  It’s not business as usual in Indi, but I still expected more … especially from Kerry Collins who played in a tight end friendly system in Tennessee.  Kudos to the Colts for playing a spirited game t home against a much better Pittsburgh team.

Ryan Mathews is finally playing as expected, running hard and showing good patience and burst through the hole when it does appear.  Being trusted more in the passing game, Mathews is emerging as an every-week starter.  Week 4 at home vs. Miami should provide another good opportunity to build confidence.  Again, hold your breath.

Is Torrey Smith going to be the best sell high candidate or the biggest mistake to those who do?  You tell me!

More and more teams are playing games with their injury reports and getting their players involved in their intricate web of deceit.  No better proof of that than in Arizona this past week and the status of Beanie Wells.  But I said we weren’t looking into the past.

I don’t think you can play any Carolina running backs in week four.  I don’t like the match-up with Chicago and I like even less the mystery that is the Panther’s backfield.

Yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick and that amazing Buffalo offense is for real and has fantasy starters at all positions.  How long has it been since we could say that?  Their game vs. the Bengals is going to be a good one.  I like A.J. Green this and I smell an upset.  On a positive note for the Bengals and Cedric Benson owners, it appears as though Benson is going to play at least one more week.

Speaking of Buffalo, let me also mention Detroit.  Both 3-0 to start the season?  Really?  When was the last time that happened?

Chris Johnson owners have to believe that this will be the week that CJ gets it going.  The Browns aren’t great against the run but can Tennessee generate enough passing offense to remove the extra man in the box to free up Johnson.  One of these teams is going to be 3-1.  My money is on Tennessee.  Hillis will be back in the lineup for Cleveland.

The Rams seriously need to get Bradford more receiver help.  It’s going to be a long season for one of the best young quarterbacks in the league today.

Jermichael Finley must be in your lineup every week.  I just don’t see how defenses are going to be able to stop him consistently.  He’s an immediate mismatch for every linebacker in the league and any safety help over the top is going to free up Jennings deep or Jordy Nelson underneath on a cross, Rodgers will continue to chew up yards.  If Starks actually can garner carries this week, this could be his signature game.

I’ll be sitting Joe Flacco this week vs. the Jets (in favor of Matt Ryan) but I don’t think he makes for a bad play.  The Ravens are playing well and I expect that the Ravens will use a lot of Ray Rice singled up out of the backfield to soften up the defense before going over the top.  I think Rice will get 8+ receptions this week.

The Colts play the Bucs on Monday night.  Second week in prime time for the Colts after playing Pittsburgh on Sunday night in week three.  The schedule makers may have been banking on Peyton Manning being under center.  Just a guess.

Darren McFadden continues to reward his owners week over week.  How many of you bought low or sold low on DMc early last year?

Finally, hats off to Wes Welker for yet another phenomenal performance.  In all likelihood, if you own Wes Welker, you got a “W” in week three.  As expected and suggested here at DLF, Welker will compete to be the top scoring WR in PPR formats and potentially even non-PPR formats.

DMc and Welker both could have been had in the middle rounds of new dynasty drafts for those willing to take a bit of risk for a greater gain later.  In our DLF Experts league, the DLF team is riding high with a 3-0 record with both Welker and DMc solidifying an already solid young group of starters.

Tell us about your season thus far, dreams of the championship game or tales of woe.

Jeff Haverlack
Michael

PPR

– Bess @ SDC or Burleson @ DAL

No PPR

– Bernard Scott @ BUF or McCluster @ MIN

– 2 of the following: Burleson @ DAL, Nate Washington @ CLE, Meachem @ JAC, Ford @ NEP

Reply to  Michael

Bess

It looks like Benson is going to play. If he doesn’t then Scott makes a good play. If not, go with McCluster

I like Washington and Meachem there, but you could go with any of those four and have an equal chance.

AK47s

Need to choose a TE for this week in a .5PPR league. Dropped Davis and picked up Gresham, but Clark was just put on waivers and the other options are: Chandler, Pettigrew, Cook, Cooley, and going back to Davis.

Reply to  AK47s

Pettigrew gets my vote. He’s looking good with all attention going to Calvin.

scuba steve

non-PPR:
Bradshaw @ ARI…Gore @ PHI…Mathews @ MIA

non-PPR:
need RB2 & FLEX out of Gore/Starks/M Williams (TB)/AJ Green/Shonn Greene/BJGE/Tolbert???……just a boatload of mediocrity

THANKS! love the site

Reply to  scuba steve

Interesting choice there. I’d go with the hot hand of Mathews. Bradshaw is in a big timeshare with Jacobs and Gore is now sure thing this week with the injury.

Starks gets the start this week with Grant starting, I’d start him. I’d also stick with MWTB.

The Vich

Hi Ken and Jeff,

PPR, Dynasty, 12 team…. This is the team I asked you guys about the Mendenhall trade which I accepted. Thanks for your help with that!

Vick or Matty Ice at QB

Pick 5 at WR/RB:

RBs: Bradshaw, S Jax, Jacobs, Mendenhall
WRs: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Nakeem Nicks, Boldin, Denarius Moore

I typically like to start 2 RBs, but I’m leaning towards Bradshaw, Marshall, Nicks, and Johnson and Johnson? S Jax may not be 100% yet and Mendenhall appears to be auditioning for Dancing with the stars behind the line of scrimmage….

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Vich

Reply to  The Vich

If Vick plays, I start him .. and it looks like he will. I expect Matty to have a good game vs. that awful SEA team, but he’s been inconsistent.

Great WRs.

I’d go with AJ, CJ, Marshall and Nicks + Mendenhall. Going for the PPR gold + the back that is sure to get the touches.

If you want to go with Bradshaw, he’s not a bad start.

Ken

I can start 4 players from these positions, the combo must be either 2rb`s and 2 te`s or 3 rb`s and 1 te.

from these 2 groups which 4 players do you roll with?

RB
LeGarrette Blount(TB – RB)
James Starks(GB – RB)
Ben Tate(Hou – RB)
Cedric Benson(Cin – RB)
Kendall Hunter(SF – RB)

TE
Jermichael Finley(GB – TE)
Jimmy Graham(NO – TE)
Rob Gronkowski(NE – TE)

Sensai_John_Kreese
Reply to  Ken

Geez, seems like you should definitly unload one of those tight ends, you are absolutely loaded

#jealous

Ken
Reply to  Sensai_John_Kreese

also had young gun Lance Kendricks but cut bait with him and traded him for Randall Cobb. Agree could cut one of my TE`s and even pick up a Jared Cook for insurance but nobody wants to wow me with an offer…best offer so far? Reggie Bush, next best offer Bernard Scott.

Reply to  Ken

Blount
Starks
Finley
Gronk

Benson is close to Blount but I think BUF could blow out CIN this week reducing Benson’s carries.

Drew

Need a PPR WR3

Starting WR1 and 2: AJ Green, Julio
Need my WR3: Devone Bess, Jacoby Ford, Michael Crabtree, Steve Smith (PHI), Antonio Brown

Reply to  Drew

Go with Bess. Catching a fair number of balls and Ford has yet to really produce

Froboy

Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman or Cam Newton at QB?

Reply to  Froboy

Gulp … I’d stick with Ryan this week.

Marvin Anderson

PPR
Who should I start?
Kendall Hunter
Denarious Moore
James Starks
or David Nelson

Reply to  Marvin Anderson

James Starks as long as Grant isn’t playing but Moore is a sneaky start this week if you are really disliking Starks.

Killa Cam

PPR
percy harvin or jordy nelson

Reply to  Killa Cam

Harvin.

Marvin Anderson

Need to start 2 TEs
Who should I choose?
Brandon Pettigrew
Jared Cook
Ed Dickson

Reply to  Marvin Anderson

Pettigrew and Dickson. Cook has been disappointing, I expected more.

Jim

Better choice for my flex, standard non-PPR scoring: Addai at TB or Starks vs. Denver?

Reply to  Jim

Oooh, interesting choice. As long as Grant isn’t playing, I’d go with Starks. If you think it is going to be a close game and you just want more safety, go with Addai, but I’d play Starks.

DougE_Fresh

Hey Jeff,

I need a RB2 between Shonn Greene and Mike Tolbert. I’m leaning towards Mike Tolbert because of the matchup and maybe he can steal a goal-line TD.

On the same team, my team is filled with above average receivers.

Pick 2 out of 4: Manningham, D. Moore(OAK), Burleson, and Branch

Thanks

Reply to  DougE_Fresh

I think you’re gut is right on this one. I hate Greene and he’s playing on Monday night vs. Bal. Tolbert looks like he’s taking a back seat now to Mathews but maybe you get lucky at the stripe as you say.

DougE_Fresh
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Appreciate it.

I’m also having a tough time at TE. I have Owen Daniels who’s been playing well, but his matchup looks unfavorable. I picked up Randy McMichael as insurance, would you start the Chargers TE over Daniels?

Trigger

who should i start as my 5th starter (flex) m. ingram j addai v. cruz

Reply to  Trigger

My gut says Addai for the safety but I’d probably go with Ingram and the chance for the bigger game. Cruz is coming on, no doubt … but I’d keep him on my bench for now.

James

12 team PPR, need to pick my flex starter; Dexter McCluster or Denarious Moore?

McCluster has a favorable match-up as the Vikings give up a ton against RB’s that catch the ball albeit McCluster in limited action isn’t exactly running for a ton of yards whether catching or rushing.

Moore goes against on paper the worst secondary around, and got it done 2 weeks ago against the Bills. Having said that he’s only caught 9 catches and been targeted 13x in 2 weeks.

My instinct is to go Moore, in light of the match-up and as he might put up decent numbers against the Bills. You guys agree?

Reply to  James

Yep … Moore for me too. He’s looking good.

Rod

Hey Guys,

Always appreciate your advice. I need a flex out of this group (no ppr).

Gore @ Phi
Hunter @ Phi
Lynch v Atl
Gresham v Buf

Even if it appears Gore will play, what are your thoughts about starting Hunter instead this week? Thanks.

Reply to  Rod

Yuck
Yuck
Yuck
Yuck

I wouldn’t roll the dice on Hunter but I do like him and he’s developing.

No PPR means no Gresham to me.

I’d start Gore as long as he’s going to play. If he’s reduced in role, I’d go with Lynch and pray … a lot. Maybe sacrifice a goat.

Hi guys – I have a couple trades on the table offered to me for Josh Freeman (two different leagues). Thoughts?

1. I give up Eli in a 6 person PPR keeper league. Other QB’s are Peyton (ouch) and Cam Newton

2. I give up Bradford in a 1/2 PPR redraft league. Other QB’s are Flacco and Orton

Thanks!

Reply to  buzz

1. That could hurt you THIS year if Freeman doesn’t come on soon, he’s floundering right now a bit. But for the dynasty aspect, I’d do that deal.

2. I like Freeman better than Bradford in a redraft league and for this year only. I fear for Bradford’s life in St. Louis and his receivers are not good.

??droppedballs??

pretty rough week for my main league, im in the 2nd yr of a rebuild but i would love to win this week

need to play 4 wrs

aj green- starting
meachem-starting

need two from this list

antonio brown vs hou
davone bess vs sd
titus young vs dal
arrelious benn vs ind

im leaning toward bess or brown and young, i think young is going to have a big week

what are ur thoughts

Reply to  ??droppedballs??

Bess is an automatic, he’s good in a PPR. I’d also roll the dice on Brown. Not great, but has a chance and is better than the others imo.

Phil

.5ppr

Pick 1 RB
T. Jones vs. MIN
B. Tate vs. PIT
M. Ingram @ JAX

Pick 3 WR
AJ Green vs. BUF
D. Nelson @ CIN
N. Washington @ CLE
M. Thomas vs. NO

I think I’m leaning towards Ingram and then Green, Nelson, and Thomas but it’s really a pickem at WR at least I feel

Reply to  Phil

Ingram for sure.

I’d sit Washington vs. CLE. Not an easy choice but I’m just not excited about Washington this week.

Ken

which 3 wr`s would you start

Mike Wallace(Pit – WR) OK I know he`s a must start though not sure if Ben survives the 1rst quarter behind his leaky O-line.

Dez Bryant(Dal – WR)Still not back health wise and watching him last week he could barely run. I`m not expecting the Lions to give Romo too much time for big plays and with Miles out Dez should get plenty of attention.

Jordy Nelson(GB – WR)I expect the Pack to put up some numbers so hopefully some fall Jordy`s way.

Eric Decker(Den – WR)Orton will probably put the ball in the air 50 times and Decker led the team last week in looks and grabs.

Titus Young(Det – WR)Lions got the petal to the metal and won`t back off for no one, Stafford could pass for 400 yds and Titus could get 100 of them.

Reply to  Ken

Probably Wallace, Nelson and Decker. I would likely swap out Nelson for Bryant if Bryant looked good and wasn’t sitting, but he may be a safer scratch this week in favor of Nelson either way. I’d probably roll with Nelson unless I felt I needed a big game.

Marcus M.

I’m in a distance scoring league and have to pick 2…. Marques Colston, Robert Meachem, and A.J. Green… I”m leaning towards Meachem and Green cause I’m unsure how much Colston will play… agree or disagree? Who would you start this week

Reply to  Marcus M.

I completely agree. We can’t BOTH be wrong can we?

Killa Cam

Pick 2

0.5 PPR

Maclin
AJ Green
Moreno
Daniel Thomas
Reggie Bush

Reply to  Killa Cam

Thomas is out this week and Moreno stinks to high hell.

Maclin is nursing a bit of a hammy problem but looks to be good to go, I’d check the news early on Sun to make sure. If Maclin starts, I’d play Maclin and Bush. If Maclin sits, Green and Bush.

Kristin C.

It’s a .5 PPR league and I need 3 starting WRs…who do I start??

Hakeem Nicks
David Nelson
Eric Decker
Davone Bess
Jacoby Ford

I’m thinking Nicks, Nelson and Decker…but Ford could have a big day if he’s healthy.

Reply to  Kristin C.

Really a female coach? If so, welcome! If not, welcome anyway!

First three are your choices. Bess is a tough sit this week but I’d play Nelson over him with only a .5 PPR. Too many “ifs” for me on Ford. THe others are playing too well to bench on a “if”

Kristin C.
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Yes I’m a female fantasy player…and yes I crush it! I’m out here pulling man cards every week considering I’m the only girl in a 12 team league. Thanks for the advice…I actually already set my lineup with Nicks, Nelson, and Decker but it’s nice to get a second opinion.

Reply to  Kristin C.

THAT is what I’m talkin about! You go!

Coach

non ppr… i need one.

James Starks, Arian Foster, Denarius Moore, BenJarvus Green Ellis

Reply to  Coach

Kubiak says Foster is a full go … you start him if so and then can be pissed later. I’d look long and hard at Starks if there is any chance Foster doesn’t go but you can’t bench Foster is he’s in there.

N.O.style

12 Team keeper league; non-PPR. Scoring as follows QB: 1 pt for every 20 yds passing RB/WR/TE 1 pt for every 10 yds Touchdowns (QB/RB/WR/TE): 0-9 yds: 6 pts 10-39 yds: 9 pts 40+ yds: 12 pts. Field Goals: 0-39 yds: 3 pts 40-49 yds: 5 pts 50-59 yds: 10 pts 60+ yds: 12 pts Return Yards: 2 points for 40, and then 1 point for every 10 thereafter

Start 1 QB, any combination of 5 (maximum of 3 RB’s and TE is not required), 1 K

Who do you Recommend

QB: M. Ryan, K. Orton, M. Cassel
RB: R. Mendenhall, B. Wells, D. Carter, M. Hardesty
WR: D. Bryant, S. Johnson (BUF), A.J. Green, S. Rice, E. Decker
K: J. Hanson

Reply to  N.O.style

QB: Ryan
RB: Mendy, Wells (if he’s starting)
WR: Johnson, Green and Decker

If Bryant starts, although he’s risky, consider him over Green. I might lean toward sitting Bryant either way since he’s gimpy.

N.O.style
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

As always, thanks for your help. If Wells sits, then do I start a hobbled Dez, or Sidney Rice?

Dynasty builder

Pick two:

Gibson (vs WSH)
Garcon (vs TB)
Kendall Hunter (vs PHI)

Reply to  Dynasty builder

Garcon
Hunter

Starting to really doubt Gore as a play this week.

chubs4cubs

I have to start 2, one for my 2wr and one fit my flex.

jeremy maclin
felix jones
boldin
colston
moore

I’m thinking waiting til colston gets fully healthy to start him, and boldin will be on revis islan.d. I’m thinking maclin and jones or moore and jones…thoughts?

Reply to  chubs4cubs

I’d go with Maclin and Jones. Not sure whether you are thinking Matt Moore or Denarius Moore. Either way though, JOnes.

Jeremy

Hey guys, I love this site!
Currently, in my ppr dynasty 12 teamer, My main backs are Rice, Moreno & BGE. I have Witten,J.Grahm & J.Thomas for my te. I do not like my rb 2 spot. I am offering the Gates owner, BGE/Grahm for L.Blount/Evan Moore. Is this a good trade? I also have the other TB rb’s (E.Grahm/A.Bradford)too. I haven’t put it through yet..your thoughts please.

Reply to  Jeremy

Thanks for the comment, we do too!!! Stick around, call us home and sign up to contribute on our forums please.

Yes, that’s a good trade … you definitely need to upgrade that RB2 slot … badly. Blount is a good RB2 and makes a decent target.

JT

I actually am looking for some advice on a trade proposal i want to offer. I want to trade James Starks and Fred Davis for a guy’s first round rookie pick in our dynasty league. Based on his roster, I expect a mid first round pick for next year. He also has Ryan Grant. So I let him take the risk of the RBBC, but do you know enough about next year’s draft class to determine whether a mid 1st round pick will get me something good?? From what i’ve heard, the 2012 rookie class should be pretty deep.

Reply to  JT

I wouldn’t do that deal even if I knew I was getting 1.02 in next year’s draft. Starks looks like he’ll be the starter next year and I don’t expect Grant back .. and if he is, Starks will likely be starting.

The draft is a fool’s folly in most cases and you can never be sure what you’re going to get. Take a look at the last decade of drafts, it’s pretty sketchy and you never really know where a team will be picking at week 3 of the season.

I like next year’s draft early but the RBs seem a little thin to me. It’s a good WR class and there should be at least 3 first round QBs with Andrew Luck leading the way. The top 5 look okay but the top 5 looked okay this year too and it dissolved quickly.

Just too much risk to be trading away known younger talent for completely unknown situations and talent.

Duane

In a .5PPR, need 1 of the following: Tolbert, Greene, Julio Jones, M. Thomas, D. Nelson.

Reply to  Duane

Tough choice. Mathews will get the bulk of the carries and Greene is mostly underwhelming. I like Nelson a bit but I wouldn’t start him over Jones in most cases. I just think Jones has too much potential.

Comes down to Thomas and Jones. I’d love to say Jones but he’s too feast or famine. Thomas is the WR1 in Jax and gets a lot of targets. Not a great bet to score but he’s your best shot at 6+ catches and good yardage numbers. Nelson is intriguing but I just want to see one more week. Jones just needs to mature in the offense.

Pntgvn2399

How about this one.. PPR need to start one..

Arian Foster

Peyton Hillis

James Starks

Kendall Hunter (if Gore is ruled completely out)

ALSO need to start one of these WR’s, same lease

Dez Bryant (still hobbled it sounds like)

Dwayne Bowe

Eric Decker

Reply to  Pntgvn2399

Looks like Foster is starting. It scares me but I’d have him in there.

Bryant is still gimpy but seems that he’ll be starting. I’m likely going to sit him myself. I’d start Decker and know that Bowe is going to break your heart. 🙂

Alan Bauerle

Hey great forum u really help everyone. Would u start deon branch over Reggie Wayne? 12 team 1ppr 6pt td. Also pick 2 mike turner legarrett blount or Reggie bush. 1/10 yr rush 6 td 1 ppr. And hassleback or orton. Thanks great site great info u guys rock!!

Reply to  Alan Bauerle

Some call it help, I’m sure others call it sabotage. 🙂 We love the game and the site and are committed to being the best site on the planet. Thanks.

Nope, I’d start Wayne. Painter gets the start this week and he stares down Wayne. Wayne will have 8 receptions this week and probably 13 targets. I don’t usually go that specific on predictions … but there you go.

Turner and Blount. Bush makes a good start this week as Thomas is out but I’ll take Turner as a sure start and Blount playing on Monday night.

Reply to  Alan Bauerle

Tough choice on the QB … I’d go with Orton but not happy about it.

Adam

Need a flex from this group. RBs score 0.75 per catch and WRs score 1.0. Points for everything and bonuses for big plays and long TDs.

James Starks
Felix Jones
Deion Branch

I swapped out Starks for Felix at 12:59 two weeks back and then played Starks last week. A bit skittish about making that call again this week.

Reply to  Adam

I’d start Starks this week with Grant out. GB just doesn’t run the ball primarily but Starks will be motivated and he should score well.

Pick 2 of 3:

Big Ben
Cam Newton
Matt Schaub

Thanks!

Reply to  Briggins

Keep Newton on the bench and play the more established QBs.

Joe

Hey guys,

I’ve got off to a good start in my non-PPR dynasty league despite a terrible lineup of RB2’s.

For this week would you start DWill, Spiller, or sign and start Kuhn if Grant doesn’t play?

Going forward I’d like to trade some QB depth for a RB, how do these trades look with a team with Cutler as QB1:

Vick for Forte or Ryan Fitzpatrick and Spiller for Best…good starting points?

Cheers!

Reply to  Joe

Have to go with DWill and hope he produces … not even really a choice in my mind.

If you could get Forte for Vick, I’d consider that. Best isn’t a bad option for Fitz+ but I might target someone a bit more consistent with a team that needs a QB like Fitz

Marvin Anderson

PPR-Denarious Moore or Mike Williams?

Reply to  Marvin Anderson

If it’s MW (TB), then MW. If it’s MW (SEA), then Moore.

Jay

pick 2: lance moore (colston is back), brandon lloyd, denarius moore, or brandon gibson?? ppr

Reply to  Jay

I’d go with Lloyd and D. Moore. L. Moore is still not a bad option but D. Moore is looking good and is getting looks.

Wayne Fontes

2 part question

Dez Bryant or A.J. Green in dynasty

For purpose of this season do I give up Greg Olsen or Dustin Keller in a trade

Reply to  Wayne Fontes

Oops … sorry about the thumbs down vote … hit the wrong button when trying to reply. 🙂

Wow … Bryant or Green, that’s a good one. I lean towards Green if you are asking about for the long haul. If, however, you are saying for the next year or so, I’ll go Bryant.

I’d move Olsen over Keller.

Bigcsr67

Which garbage RB to start in week 4?

Knowshon vs. GB

Shonn Greene vs. Balt.

Marshawn Vs Atl

I am leaning Marshawn for some reason……all poor choices, but thats what I got.

Also, Pettigrew vs. dallas or fred d vs. Rams….

Thanks fellas, always appreciated!

Reply to  Bigcsr67

Lynch. So I agree.

I like Pettigrew again.

1/2 PPR

1. Pick two: CJ2K, Blount, Starks and Beanie?
2. Pick one: Dez, Steve Smith (car), or Fred Davis?
3. Pick one: Flacco vs Jets, Bradford vs Skins or Orton vs the Pack? Gross, I know….

Reply to  Camel

1. CJ and … and …. Blount on Monday night.
2. Steve Smith. I worry about Dez’s play count this week
3. Flacco

anthony

1/2 ppr pick 1

addai v bucs
l moore v jags
j nelson v denv

will prob go hunter if gore ruled out
thanks

Reply to  anthony

I’d go Addai. Although Nelson is a close #2.

Brett

Which 2 out of these 4 wr would you start…Holmes, Lance Moore, Denarius Moore or David Nelson?

Reply to  Brett

Holmes and Nelson.

PD

When r u going to retract your mike wallace opinion for this year?

Reply to  PD

Maybe soon. Props to Wallace, he’s turning into a better route runner than I had seen in the past. But give me until week 8 and then I’ll say I was wro…. wrooon ….. I can’t say it yet.

Travis

Hey guys. Who should I start in week 4, Kolb vs. the Giants or Flacco vs. the Jets?

Reply to  Travis

That’s a good one … I’ll take Kolb. You can go with either though as I think they are VERY close this week.

Travis
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Thanks, dude. I know it’s a tough call.

Chief

Hey,

I need to pick 3 WR for my PPR league:

Bowe, Decker, Fitz, Julio Jones and Jordy Nelson

Thanks!

blount

Who to start at rb- blount or addai and at wr-manningham or d. moore. 10 team redraft ppr. Thanks in advance!!!

Travis

Hey again. Who’s the better flex start this week- Jordy Nelson or Michael Bush? Thanks guys.

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger,
and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed some nice procedures
and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.