2011 NFL Post-Draft Rookie Rankings

This post was made after the NFL Draft in April and includes positional analysis for all rookies.  For the updated overall rookie rankings, click here.  For the ultimate approach to a dynasty league and best fantasy football value on the planet, check out the 200 page Dynasty Essentials Guide, available for just $6.99.

It’s been a long couple of days and the DLF “widows” will attest to just that.  While there are few days that bring as much excitement as the NFL draft, there are also few days that incorporate the same amount of work.  Toss in our new Dynasty Essentials guide (due to be released within the next week) and it’s double the “fun” … and work.

It would be all too easy to hold back these rankings and ask you to purchase the guide, but that’s not how we at DLF roll around here.  We’re about getting the needed information in the hands of our members, guests and readers as quickly as possible so that you can leverage the data at the earliest possible time.  We know that many of you have drafts that are starting this weekend and we want to make sure that you have our information to help with that process.  Of course, there is much more information and data in the guide, but these initial rankings should get you started.  We still hope that you’ll purchase the guide when it becomes available within the next week.

Please note that the draft has only recently finished and there is still research to be done.  While it’s very possible that the following rankings will be our final rankings within the guide, it’s also very possible that changes are still on the horizon.  After all, even with as much work and research that we do to unearth and demystify the rookies ahead of the draft, there are always a few surprises.  The 2011 NFL draft was no exception.

Let’s get to the analysis and rankings.

Quarterbacks

What a weekend!  I can’t remember a draft like it ever, at least as it relates to the quarterbacks.  If you have any depth concerns at the position, 2011 is the draft for you  With seven viable quarterbacks going within the top three rounds, this is the year to be needing a quarterback.  Better yet, just try and pick the quarterback that is going to have the best career from the seven that were selected.  Even greater yet is the fact that due to some of the big names at the top of the first round and the intriguing names in the middle of the first round, it’s likely that you’ll be able to address your quarterback need starting at pick 1.07 all the way until the middle of the second round.  Ryan Mallett, perhaps the truest quarterback in the draft, was the last of those taken in the first three rounds, at pick 3.10 (#74 overall).  You could make a strong argument that Mallett will be far superior to the first overall quarterback taken at 1.01, Cam Newton, when looking back in twenty years.  This draft has it all when it comes to quarterback talent, regardless of what it is that you are looking for in your field general.

Here are the top seven:

1.  Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
2.  Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaguars
3.  Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans
4.  Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
5.  Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco  49’ers
6.  Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
7.  Ryan Mallett, New England Patriots

Just a few quick notes.  I believe Gabbert is the truest quarterback in the bunch.  I love his mobility and his heart.  He has work to do, but I like his potential.  That said, Cam Newton can be as good as he wants to be.  There’s the rub, I fear that in his mind, he’s “made it” and the work ethic won’t match his contract.  I smelled the Tennessee pick when they professed their love for Andy Dalton, but it was still a shock.  Kaepernick has an extremely high ceiling and while he’s likely a mid first round selection, what a great risk reward.  Christian Ponder has an amazing opportunity but we really fear his arm strength and so-so intangibles.  He’s a good kid no doubt, but I hope they give him a year behind a veteran to allow the game to slow down for him.  As far as Mallett goes, I hope he has a chip on his shoulder because he’s a beast in the pocket and if he can get his head on straight, he has God given talents that could take him a  long, long way.

Running Backs

Not wild about this group overall as I’ve been saying for many months now.  Much like the quarterbacks, there’s quality in the group but foretelling who will be the true ‘class of the class’ is a fool’s folly.  Looking back in ten years, I would not be surprised at all to see the second half of this group match or outplay the first half.  As far as the situations go for this year’s crop of runners, it was a relatively ugly draft and hopefully you need a quarterback after pick 1.06.

1.  Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
2.  Ryan Williams, Arizona Cardinals
3.  Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
4.  Mike Leshoure, Detroit Lions
5.  Shane Vereeen, New England Patriots
6.  Roy Helu Jr., Washington Redskins
7.  Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49’ers
8.  Johnny White, Buffalo Bills
9.  Jacquizz Rodgers, Atlanta Falcons
10. Alex Green – Green Bay Packers

We go deeper in the guide and beyond ten.  For purposes of your draft, this should be plenty to get you through three rounds.  Ingram went to an interesting situation and I think it’s a good one for him.  Have patience as we think it will be a couple of years before his real role is known.  Ryan Williams was a bit of a shock but if you joined us for our draft chat, I mentioned that I had a sneaky suspicion that Arizona was going to take a back in the second round, although I figured Mikel Leshoure.  Close enough.  Beanie Wells owners aren’t happy – neither is Beanie Wells or Tim Hightower.  For the record, Williams doesn’t fumble.  Welcome to the rankings Mr. Thomas, who came from nowhere to rank third within the position.  We’re pretty sure that Miami will add a veteran back, but either way, Thomas is a nice addition.  Let me say that we usually fall to the side of talent over situation for fantasy drafts, but when that talent (Leshoure) falls in Detroit, it’s easier to take the better situation of Daniel Thomas.  I still think Leshoure is a superior runner in almost every regard, but unless you’re a Jahvid Best owner, Thomas is likely to get more quality touches.

Roy Helu Jr. in Washington is very intriguing, we all know what Shanahan does with mid round running backs.  Kendall Hunter should have gone earlier and his drafted situation is just ‘okay’, but I still like the way he runs.  Johnny White lands in Buffalo, usually where running backs go to die (much like Detroit), but playing behind C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson, he may see the field early.  He’s the best back in the draft you haven’t heard of.  Alex Green ran through some mammoth sized holes in Hawaii, but we all know about Hawaii’s passing offense; holes like that won’t be there for Green at the next level, but I still like his hard-nosed down-hill style.

Wide Receivers

Outside of the obvious choices, this group has heartbreak written all over it.  There are certain to be a few quality receivers that come out of this draft, but finding them ahead of time isn’t likely.  More than any time in the recent past, I have ranked these receivers based on their NFL potential from what I have seen on tape.  Drafted situation is important for receivers in seeing the field early, but the third-year rule still holds true in most cases.  If your name is not A.J. Green or Julio Jones, you have your work cut out for you in 2011 and beyond.  It’s likely that 75% of these receivers are busts waiting to happen.

1.  A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
2.  Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
3.  Jonathan Baldwin, Kansas City Chiefs
4.  Greg Little, Cleveland Browns
5.  Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens
6.  Leonard Hankerson, Washington Redskins
7.  Titus Young, Detroit Lions
8.  Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
9.  Tandon Doss, Baltimore Ravens
10.  Edmond Gates, Miami  Dolphins.

Like the running backs, you’ll find more rankings in the guide, no need to bore you here.  Go ahead and choose the receiver that will have the best NFL career after Green and Jones.  I’ll admit, I love Greg Little’s game and NFL skill-set.  Big, relatively fast, good leaper, great hands and strong.  If Little’s head is on straight, I think he could push Jones for the second best receiver in this draft.  A.J. Green is in another league and that could be his problem.  I don’t see that “fire” that I see in Jones.  But Green has such pure talent and dynamic, he may not need fire.  Beyond that, watch Torrey Smith.  The speedster has my gut screaming at me and my gut isn’t usually wrong.  I want to love Hankerson but I keep going back to Smith in that Raven offense with Flacco at the helm.  Something tells me that Smith is going to be a keeper.

He’s not overly dynamic or interesting, but I think Austin Pettis has a good possession receiver game and could be a strong receiver for Sam Bradford going forward.  Salas isn’t far behind.

Tight Ends

Honestly, don’t bother.   This is a terrible year for tight ends and I can’t even get excited about Kyle Rudolph, who went to Minnesota.  But here are my top three if you have some fascination or need.

1.  Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
2.  Lance Kendricks, St. Louis Rams
3.  Luke Stocker, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Yawn.  Stocker has a chance in Tampa as Winslow is probably nearing the end.  Shiancoe in Minnesota still likely has a couple of years left and Rudolph will be forgotten by then.  I’m not sure what St. Louis is so high on Kendricks or what they saw.  With Josh McDaniel as the offensive coordinator, this doesn’t really add up.  But then again, another outlet for Bradford isn’t a bad think.  Kendricks does remind me of Dustin Keller.

So there you have it, our quick and dirty post draft rookie rankings that should get you through the first three rounds of your rookie draft.  Look for the guide coming out in the next week for even more essential information and chat sheets, I think you’ll like what you see.

Happy drafting and let us know how it goes!

Jeff Haverlack
Latest posts by Jeff Haverlack (see all)
Phish Brigade

Am I the only one whose pre-draft rookie draft rankings have been flip turned upside down Fresh Prince style? I mean, I’m not even that big on developing my own rankings in general… but the NFL draft has me thinking that some hasty adjustments are required.

Even worse, I don’t have a clue where I’d want to take a defensive player in my IDP drafts. Will the “Dynasty Essentials Guide” save me?

I feel like Luke did when he lost Obi-Wan Kenobi… Bennnnn!!!!!!!

??droppedballs??
Reply to  Phish Brigade

yes will be usfull info on idp rookie, i collected 6 3rd rd picks to stock up on lbers

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Phish Brigade

Are you talking rookie defensive player or IDP in general. We’ll have IDP lists, but they won’t be a part of our mock draft. Not sure the guide will save you as far as IDP goes … but the cheat sheets should help immensely as you fill out your teams.

??droppedballs??
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

as long as the rookie idp are on there i can see what ones u like better then others and make my own list, just interested in where u have them, a lot of the lbers i liked went way later then i thoughtm ie g jones, studivant, and m harvey didnteven get drafted,so i am a little list it looks like

??droppedballs??
Reply to  ??droppedballs??

supose to say interested instead of list, howd that happen

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  ??droppedballs??

At this point, the ONLY rookie in the 45 rookies ranked within the guide is Von Miller and he’s a way down on the list. This is a ridiculously poor draft for difference making IDP. Sturdivant was the only other LB I was really tracking but I could get him into the top 45.

Out side of the Linebackers, rookie IDPs are mostly a waste of time to rank as they are impossible to really project. And this year, the LBs don’t project well at all. Even Von Miller is a crap shoot. I don’t like him any better than Aaron Curry of last year and Curry hasn’t sniffed the fantasy ranks.

Reply to  Phish Brigade

Certainly agree that 2011 looks to be a significantly down year for rookie IDPs — at least for now. After free agency and OTAs (if and when, right?) settle the landscape, though, I think there’ll be at least a couple of reasonable linebacker targets.

Also agree on your comments on Miller, though I think Nate Irving and a couple of others belong above him and within the top 25-40 overall rookies.

Linebackers are surely the easiest to project among the rookie groups, but I’ll continue to counter Jeff’s argument that projecting the other positions is a waste of time. At a minimum, I think it’s possible to project their likely roles. And while it won’t always be perfect, I think we can reasonably put them into tiers in May and tighten those tiers up significantly by August.

On the offensive side of the ball, I think Delone Carter has to be comfortably in the top ten rookie running backs and that Jordan Cameron warrants consideration alongside Lance Kendricks behind Kyle Rudolph.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Jene Bramel

Howdy Jene. Thanks for stopping by.

Well, IDP is certainly your thing and for those reading this, Jene knows his stuff with IDP. Write an article for us, we’ll feature it.

You know my point of view on that. I just haven’t found enough differentiation in IDP outside the obvious few in each position to warrant too much analysis. For me it’s all about point differential within the different tiers. For most fantasy coaches, I would suggest they spend more time increasing their work and analysis in those areas that they can get better impact. Once they do the work in those areas, then move to IDP because if you can obtain a point differential advantage, it’s a good one to have.

Not as high on Carter as you are. Just outside the top 10 for me, or Cameron.

Again, good to see you Jene.

??droppedballs??

u guys go ahead and take ur time on the dynasty guide, my draft isn’t until july 10th, every interested on ur breakdown on ingram to no, as i have 1.1 and 1.2 and am thinking on taking ingram then green, but i have a really bad wr core, so it is a long time til july 10, enought time for me to change my mind a few time

Team Canada

Just made a recent trade for CJ2K that left my WR core extremely thin. I only have Nicks, Williams (TB), Britt and Clayton left. I know for a fact that Green, Jones, Ingram, Williams, Leshoure, Young, Little and Hankerson are 8 of the 10 players going in round 1. I’m looking at Baldwin, Smith or Cobb at 2.1 but can’t decide which one. I’m kind of leaning away from Baldwin even though he is a WR2 and Cobb and Smith are WR3. Which one should I target?

tosnsprx
Reply to  Team Canada

interesting? what did it take to get CJ2K? I’ve been trying to get him for awhile now. Please tell Thank you.

tosnsprx
Reply to  tosnsprx

o my personal opinion i would select cobb you got time to let him develop with such young wrs.

Team Canada
Reply to  tosnsprx

I got cj2k, future 2nd, future 1st and 2m/2yrs for dez, best, 2.7 and 2.9 rookie picks. I really worked him to get every last drop left.

Team Canada
Reply to  Team Canada

**edit just dez and best for cj2k, future 2nd, future 1st and 2m/2yrs. so now i have also get to decide who to take at 2.7 and 2.9. is Cobb at 2.7 good value?

Cyrus
Reply to  Team Canada

Cobb won’t be there, but if he is, yes.

Team Canada
Reply to  Team Canada

I’m in two leagues with these guys and one of them already completed. exact same scoring settings and Cobb went undrafted so I’m hoping this time.

Brian

Where’s DeMarco Murray? Based on talent, I’d rank him probably just behind LeShoure and Williams. Playing in the crowded backfield that is Dallas isn’t ideal but given the injury history of Felix Jones, I can see Murray getting the opportunity to prove himself. Granted, he comes with his own injury history.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Brian

He’s a tough one to place and he’s #12 on my RB list. A lot of people really like him but I dislike his situation, his injury history and he’s clearly one of those backs that won’t be much more than a role player. In the new NFL, backs like that are being highly rotated now as teams move to 3 back systems.

Cyrus

I am surprised, I agree with 90% of your rankings for RB and WR. Usually I am a little more out in left field. I believe in Vereen and think Helu could be really good too.

My question is Hunter. I am a Gore owner and have the #4, 7, 9 and 10. However, I am not sure if I see it– I might be willing to take a different back and let someone else gamble on Hunter (and wait for Gore to fade away).

Also, while the QB’s offer a lot of depth, I don’t see any Bradford’s to take in the 1st round. I only have Brady at QB (Hass and Henne backing him up) so I could use a backup, but I wouldn’t touch any of them until the 2nd.

Cyrus
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

Hopefully it is good for both of us. At the forum I am part of, nobody believes in Vereen; they don’t trust Belichick and think he is a 2nd rounder. I feel like it is a risk, for sure, but if he takes either Law Firm or Woodhead’s role and gets a few more touches, he will be a RB2.

I also think that Helu is in a great position. It is kind of scary to be interested in RB’s coached by both Belichick and Shanahan, but I do like their upside.

Not sure about Hunter… I know someone who thinks he will have value even with Gore there, and will take over if Gore gets hurt. I liked his talent before the draft, but kind of like your advice regarding LeShoure being Best’s backup, I would prefer to get a starter for a different team.

We’ll see what happens with the QB’s. I think I will try to trade down from my #10 to the 2nd or 3rd round and pick up a 1st next year. With the pick I get for trading down, I’ll just blindly pick whichever QB falls to me.

Appreciate the rankings.

tosnsprx

O.K. guys great piece but i am wondering now that thee draft is over who would you suggest i draft on my team? its a 10 team non ppr league where we start 1QB,2RBS, 2WRS, 2 WR/RBS, 1TE,1K,1 DEF. I have picks 1.2 and 1.5 my team is: what would you suggest I pick
Kevin Kolb
Owen Daniels
Josh Scobee
New York Jets
San Diego

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  tosnsprx

You have two good picks as I still see this draft as five deep … with Leshoure falling a bit due to Daniel Thomas.

For you, I’d go straight best player available in the following order. You have a balanced team.

1. AJ Green
2. Mark Ingram
3. Julio Jones
4. Ryan Williams
5. Daniel Thomas

tosnsprx
Reply to  DLF_Jeff

Thanks my thoughts too. But do you think I should take Leshoure to back up javid with his injury history in collage and pros?

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  tosnsprx

My bad … I missed that you had Best. I don’t think you need to break your neck to get him but if the opportunity presents itself at #5 … then perhaps. As I’ve said though just recently, the only thing worse than a RB in Detroit, are two RBs in Detroit. If it comes down to Williams and Leshoure, that’s a tough pick. Thomas looks like a good play right now and I think I’d still rather have Thomas than Best’s backup.

Boobam

Well now that the draft has happened time to get to work:

Here is my stable of running backs, 12 team league/36 man rosters/IDP

Joesph Addai, Donald Brown
Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller
Felix Jones, Tashard Choice
Jonathan Stewart, Mike Goodson
Micheal Bush
Jason Snelling
Toby Gerhart

I don’t have a draft pick until the 2nd round but then I have 2.01, 2.03, 2.07 and 2.09

With what I have been hearing in our league our draft might look something like this:

First Round
RB – M Ingram, WR – AJ Green, WR – J Jones, RB – M LeShoure
RB – D Thomas, WR – J Baldwin, QB – J Locker, RB – R Willams
WR – T Smith, RB – A Green, RB – R Helu, WR – L Hankerson

Second Round
RB – D Murray (my pick), WR – R Cobb, RB – D Carter(my pick)
RB – K Hunter, WR – T Young, WR – A Pettis, RB – J White(my pick)
WR – G Little, RB – T Jones(my pick)

My questions are:
1.) Am I reaching for anyone? ie leaving a more talented person on the board?

2.) Am I worried too much about my handcuffs? (I guess it is the same question?)

3.) And when do you think is too early to draft a rookie LB? I really like Foster in Tampa and Irving in Denver?

Thanks much for all of your year round efforts – you make it possible for addicts such as myself to get their “fix”

Would you trade Gronkowski for J. Simpson and Ed Dickson?

Boobam
Reply to  Jeff Haverlack

I would second that – WR are a little tougher to find than TE…generally teams start 3 WR versus 1 TE so finding a talented WR is a little tougher

Chad
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

What does your whole roster look like? I would like more info b/f jumping the gun.

I just received a offer for AP. I would get Hillis, Hardesty, Witten for AP and Gerhart. What are your thoughts about this potential deal.

My teams is:

Vick
Freeman

AP
CJ
JStew

Marshall
Rice
Britt
J. Maclin

Finley
J.Cook

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I can start a TE/RB/wr flex. This is a PPR league, TE’s 1.5 per rec.

Cyrus
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I think you are nuts to consider it. I would only deal AP if you got a clear upgrade at another position, if not two.

This takes a consistent stud RB and turns it into two RBBC RB’s who share carries. Even if Hillis gets the majority of the carries, I don’t trust him to be the feature back.

Witten is a nice TE for sure, but you have Finley already, and Cook is my biggest sleeper (well, tied with Gresham) for next year. I don’t see it as a clear upgrade for you.

Pass.

Chad
Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

Yuck…stick with what you have!

jake the snake

Running backs 5 and 10 Vereen and Alex Green? That’s crazy talk! RBBC on both teams with other players above them on the depth chart. Not to mention a guy in Green Bay who helped them win the Super Bowl.

tosnsprx

who do you think is the better receiver Brandon Marshall or A.J. Green, and what one would be more fantasy relavent?
Thanks guys. Keep up the great work. I tell all my fantasy buddies about this except the ones in my dynasty league. sorry I,ll tell them about it after this offseason. Thanks again.

tosnsprx
Reply to  tosnsprx

O ya and by the way did the bills destroy my sleeper in jonny white? The football guys got me even more excited about him than I already was.

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  tosnsprx

I would take AJ Green over Marshall. I don’t think Marshall is long for the Dolphins and could find himself out of the league quickly if he doesn’t shape up. He’s poison for a NFL team. Green all day long even having not played a down yet.

As far as White goes, very possibly. After DET, BUF is where RBs go to die and at least DET is looking up. I really like White as a sleeper. Don’t go too over board because he is a converted RB and there will be a steep learning curve. Love his heart though and he’s a fun player to get on your roster.

Nick

I have the 3rd and 5th of the draft and my roster looks like this:

QB – Ryan
RB – F Jones, McFadden, Moreno
WR – Crabtree, Nicks, Maclin
TE – Gresham

I am assuming Green and Ingram will go 1-2. Who should I target at 3 & 5?

Nick

Thanks…yeah I was thinking Julio at 3 then I was debating what to do at 5. Like you wrote…I think it comes down to Thomas or Williams. You don’t think Leshoure is a possibility there?

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Nick

As long as Leshoure is on the board, yes, he’s a possibility. 🙂 But realistically, Thomas has a starting role in MIA and seems to be drafted for that reason. Ryan Williams is a dynamic back that could get a look in Arizona … I like his pure talent the best of the three. And quite honestly, DET hasn’t yielded a good fantasy back in some time.

bill

I’ve got the 1.7, assuming the top 6 hold up (green, ingram, jones, thomas, williams, leshoure), who should I looking for at 7? Helu?

Also, FA’s are in play, with the best available options all being WR’s: J.Nelson, E. Saunders, M. Clayton, J. Simpson

If it helps, I’m thin at RB, and pretty solid at WR, IMO.

Thanks!

Nick
Reply to  bill

Wow…good question. If you are looking at RB, yeah Helu is probably the next guy unless you go Vereen. Owning running backs that have those 2 for coaches can be pretty frustrating though…

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  bill

I’ll tell you, I’d probably be all over Simpson at 1.7, or even Jordy Nelson. Considering that this draft is now 6 deep, unless you need a QB … choices get thin very quickly.

If you are really thin at RB I’d try to trade out of the 1.7 to land a productive RB, even if it takes additional compensation. The hit rate on that pick will be pretty low, see if you can move it for a known player rather than risk a pick. Helu and Vereen just aren’t great enough prospects for the 1.7.

tosnsprx

Who is your guys favourite 2nd round rookie wr and rb in this years draft? Mine are Demarco Murray, Bilal Powell, and Greg salas. I just think McNight was a blown pick last year and Rex Ryan doesn’t have the trust in Greene. The jets O-Line is too good for me to pass up on grabbing Powell

tosnsprx
Reply to  tosnsprx

and Denarius Moore has a good situation in my eyes too, he just needs a QB and then he could be a top 30 wr in 2012

skip

Look, the Goodyear blimp!!!

Made you look!

How long has it been since you fell for that? You were 7? 8? Yet Shanahan plays this trick with his RBs every single year and owners keep “looking” hoping to find that gem.

Not feeling the Helu love – nor do I have any affinity for RBs in a Shanahan offense. There will never be the next Davis or Portis because Shanahan believes his system is successful, not the players in it.

AT

Who would you rather: CJ Spiller or Ryan Williams

tosnsprx

Ryan Williams I wouldn’t take a back from buffalo and defenitly not spiller in that lame offense

Brian M.

Hi–I have pick 1:06 and i’m thinking it will come down to Leshoure or Greg Little (Who i am super high on!!)
Any thoughts??
Thanks

Admin
Reply to  Brian M.

We have Leshoure ranked higher for most formats. Little is a talent, but he’s still a risk.

Jintsfan

I have the 3rd and 10th pick in the upcoming dynasty rookie/player draft. It is a 3 year franchis tag/dynasty league that allows us to keep 4 franchise tag players, we are entering the 3rd year so keeper decisions will be made after this year. I have won the title 2 years straight and was wondering how to proceed into the next few years.

Roster looks like this as far as potential keepers. If you asked me today my keepers would be Rodgers, JStew, AP and Nicks

QB Rodgers
RB AP, JStew and SJAX, M. Lynch, P.Thomas
WR Jennings, Nicks, Harvin
TE Graham, Finley

Question who t0 take at #3 and #10….Jones, Williams at #3 and Hunter at 10?

thanks

DLF_Jeff
Reply to  Jintsfan

I have no argument with your thinking … makes perfect sense. Hunter at 10 is about right if you can be patient. Williams at #5 would be a nice add too.

I like your thinking.

Grammar Police

Quite a few misspellings in this piece…makes me question your analysis – also – how is Alex Green your tenth RB? He’ll be the third or fourth best RB fantasy option out of this class.

DLF_Jeff

Well, we certainly don’t force anyone to follow our advice or analysis. It’s all just food for thought. We’re/I’m not above being questioned and don’t take any offense. In fact, I prefer that people form their own opinions and use us for further eval.

Alex Green is being over-drafted and over-valued in my opinion. He’s not a bad looking back but not much that I have seen at Hawaii leads me to believe that he will be a great NFL back. I do like that he could be a three down back but I like quite a few backs above him. That Hawaii offense just doesn’t project well to the NFL unless you’re looking for possession or slot receivers in most cases.

With rookies you won’t hear me use a lot of absolute statements. I like Johnny White more than Green and do believe he’s the best back that most hadn’t heard of, but that doesn’t mean that he’ll be a great NFL back.

Outstanding post, you have pointed out some wonderful points , I likewise believe this s a very good website.