Week Eight Lineup Advice

The weekly lineup advice column continues to be one of the most popular features on DLF. Last week, we again had over 100 different lineup questions submitted and answered each and every one, as promised.

So, all you have to do again this week is post your question at the bottom of this article.  We’ll give you our answers in real time so you don’t have to wait any longer than you have to.

If you want advice outside of the DLF crew, go ahead and post your question in the DLF forum as well. The answers you’ll find here are intended to only be from the founders of this site, so that’s what you’ll mostly see.

Just make sure to indicate if your league is a PPR league, and if there are any other unique scoring requirements.

Let’s get after it as the bye weeks start to dwindle!

Ken Kelly

Ken Kelly

Senior Partner - Executive Editor at DynastyLeagueFootball
Ken is a corporate trainer by day an a tireless editor of dynasty content by night. His passion for the World Champion Seattle Seahawks is second only to his love of fantasy football and the dynasty format.

Ken is on Twitter at DLF_KenK
Ken Kelly

Latest posts by Ken Kelly (see all)

1. The Pyrate

October 29, 2010 at 2:28 am

KR/PR Yardarge counts, non-ppr, receiving yards 1pt/10 yards.

Pick two WR:

Crabtree vs DEN
    Gaffney vs SF
    Jacoby Jones @IND
    James Jones @NYJ

• DLF Ken M

October 29, 2010 at 8:19 am

Crabtree & Gaffney

October 30, 2010 at 6:28 am

I’d go with Gaffney and Crabtree this week as well, but don’t expect a miracle.

2. Scott

October 29, 2010 at 3:05 am

I am in a PPR league. I need 2WRs, 2RBs, 1TE and 1 WRT.
    WRs are T.O., Colston, Wallace and Garcon
    RBS are MJD, Foster and S Jackson
    TEs are V Davis and A Hernandez

And one of the leftovers for my WRT.

Thanks guys and have a great day.

• DLF Ken M

October 29, 2010 at 8:25 am

TO & Wallace
      Foster & Jackson
      Normally I’d definitely go Davis, but with the new QB there, and the trip to England, I’d go with Hernandez in this case.

If you can play a RB in that flex spot, then go MJD. If not, Garcon.

October 30, 2010 at 6:30 am

WRs: Owens and Wallace
      RBs: Foster and MJD
      TE: Davis
      I’d go with Colston as the flex.

October 30, 2010 at 6:31 am

Scratch that, Jackson as the flex.

3. Mike

October 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

Got a good dilemma this week…can start 3 of the following at RB in a standard non-PPR format.

A. Foster
    J. Best
    R. Torrain
    S. Jackson

Thoughts?

Thanks..

• DLF Ken M

October 29, 2010 at 8:27 am

That is a nice selection.

Foster, Jackson, Torain.

Best may have more upside than Torain, but Torain has been way more productive and consistent over the last four weeks.

October 30, 2010 at 6:32 am

I’d like to see Best put together another nice game and prove he’s healthy before I feel good about him. I go with Foster, Jackson and Torain as well.

4. MT

October 29, 2010 at 5:01 am

Would you start Dez Bryant or Steve Smith (Carolina) this week?

• DLF Ken M

October 29, 2010 at 8:29 am

Man, thats a bit close, especially with Kitna now starting at QB. But it’s such a nice matchup, gotta go with Dez.

October 30, 2010 at 6:34 am

It’s too hard to say if that was Bryant’s breakout game or a garbage time anomaly. I’d go with Smith who has always benefited from a nice rapport with Matt Moore.

5. Rob

October 29, 2010 at 5:13 am

Need line-up advice: 0.5 PPR

Pick 1: Freeman or Bradford (leaning Freeman)

Pick 3: Lloyd, Colston, Meachem, Driver, or R. Bush (but doubt he’ll play or be worth it)

I could drop a player or two above and considering Amendola, Gettis or Jones (GB) off FA

Its a bad bye week for me and my back-up WRs have been hurting recently. Need your supreme wisdom.

Love the site

• DLF Ken M

October 29, 2010 at 8:32 am

Freeman
      Lloyd, Colston & Driver

October 30, 2010 at 6:35 am

I like Freeman as well.

For your second question, I like Colston, Lloyd and Meachem. I rarely suggest two WRs from the same team, but Driver doesn’t look healthy and Bush is out. If it’s a non-dynasty league, I’d drop a player for Amendola.

• Rob

October 30, 2010 at 10:44 am

Quick question for the final weeks to come. I picked up reggie bush a week or two ago for once he got better and I had mcgahee in the first week but dropped him because of rice. He’s still available and I’m wondering which one you think will perform better in the home stretch. I’m thinking about using one of them in a trading capacity with an RB-light team. This is a non-dynasty league as well.

Thanks for all you help

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:14 am

Bush

6. James

October 29, 2010 at 5:32 am

PPR

Pick 2 from Steve Smith Car, James Jones, Jacoby Jones

Smith has the least favorable match-up: over the last 4 games St. L are giving up 11-142 and few TD’s. But Moore is back in and I’m figuring he’ll grab something like 4-50.

James Jones has the most favorable matchup (NYJ are giving up 14-219 over the past 4 games) and has the most upside if Driver is out, but to date this season he has yet to catch more than 4 catches per game or any TD’s. Jacoby has a similar match-up Ind are giving up 14-181 over the past 4 games but is targeted less, but has had games of 5-6 catches….

So I’m figuring Smith and Jacoby as Hou might be involved in a shoot-out with the Colts… what do you think??

October 30, 2010 at 6:36 am

I like your thinking. You’ve worked it out nicely and I’d do the same.

7. John

October 29, 2010 at 5:50 am

I’m in a PPR league. I need to start 2 of the following wr’s:

P.Garcon, S.Smith (car), Ochocinco,S.Holmes,D.Bryant,S.Johnson(buf), K.Britt

Some good matchups this week for most of these guys…which 2 to start??

Thanks in advance!

October 30, 2010 at 6:38 am

Yeah, some good ones there for sure. Britt just can’t be benched right now since he’s scored in five straight. I’d go with Garcon as my second WR. He has a favorable matchup against the Texans.

8. Jebediah

October 29, 2010 at 5:55 am

Keep up the great work, cant believe you answer every single lineup question!

0.5PPR, Legarrette Blount, Mike Williams(TB), Jabar Gaffney for my flex position?

Thanks

October 30, 2010 at 6:39 am

I like Mike Williams from that group in a 0.5 PPR. He’s due for another TD here and is among the league leaders in targets.

9. bdynomite

October 29, 2010 at 6:53 am

From: bdynomite
    League Type: Dynasty
    Teams: 8
    PPR: Yes
    IDP: Yes

QB: M. Schaub @ IND or M. Stafford vs WAS

Pretty sure this is a no brainer for Schaub but I figured I’d ask anyways. It’s a Stafford’s first game back and he plays a pretty awful pass defense. Leaning toward Schaub.

RB: A. Foster @ IND or J. Charles vs BUF or R. Torain @ DET or M. Lynch @ OAK

Again, seems like another no brainer here as well. All four of them have great matchups but Foster has been my stud so far. Leaning Foster.

WR: D. Bowe vs BUF or D. Bryant vs JAC or P. Garcon vs HOU or S. Johnson @ KC or M. Williams @ OAK or M. Williams @ ARI (pick 2)

Here’s where it gets hairy. Bowe seems to finally have found his groove, Bryant just had a semi-breakout game, Garcon is locked in as the #2 target in Indy for now, S. Johnson is as hot as anybody has been lately, BMW has played consistently great 2 weeks in a row, and MWTB has been great as a rookie. Leaning towards Bowe and Garcon but I really have no idea.

TE: J. Gresham vs MIA or J. Tamme vs HOU

So I’m one of the many Finley owners hurting right now. Gresham is great but needs more time to become a steady producer. Tamme is a big unknown but I figure he has more upside than Gresham at least this year. Leaning toward Tamme. Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 6:42 am

QB: Schaub…don’t overthink it.

RB: Foster…look at the last time he played Indy

WR: Garcon and M Williams (SEA) for me. That’s a group of very similar WRs which leave you with some tough choices. I like Garcon’s matchup and Williams is being force fed the ball by Seattle.

10. msh0950

October 29, 2010 at 7:26 am

12 Team keeper league; non-PPR. Scoring as follows QB: 1 pt for every 20 yds passing RB/WR/TE 1 pt for every 10 yds Touchdowns (QB/RB/WR/TE): 0-9 yds: 6 pts 10-39 yds: 9 pts 40+ yds: 12 pts. Field Goals: 0-39 yds: 3 pts 40-49 yds: 5 pts 50-59 yds: 10 pts 60+ yds: 12 pts Return Yards: 2 points for 40, and then 1 point for every 10 thereafter
    Need to pick a combination of any five of the following (we do not have to start a TE). Who do you recommend?
    RB: F. Jackson (KCC), R. Mendenhall (NOS), B. Wells (TBB)
    WR: A. Armstrong (DET), A. Benn (ARI), B. Davis (TEN), D. Bryant (JAX), S. Johnson (KCC), Mike Thomas (DAL), M. Williams SEA (OAK)
    TE: C. Cooley (DET), J Gresham (MIA), J. Tamme (HOU)
    As always, Thanks for the help.

October 30, 2010 at 6:45 am

OK, so the pick five for me in this non-ppr would be as follows:

Mendenhall
      Wells
      M Williams
      F Jackson
      B Davis

11. TheFlyingDutchmen

October 29, 2010 at 7:26 am

I have 2 questions for you…I’ll start with the more complicated.

This is a very complex non ppr keeper league with stadard scoring.
    It is an auction league with a salary cap of $230 per team. Each team gets to sign players to contracts once they purchase them. Each team gets two 5 year contracts, three 4 year contracts, four 3 year contracts, and five 2 year contracts. In addition to the contracts at the end of the year each owner has transition tags they can use on any players that has a contract expired or a player that doesn’t have a contract. There are two restricted free-agents that can be applied where the player gets put in the auction and the owner can match the price or get compensation in the rookie draft. The rookie draft is 3 rounds going from the worst team to the best where every player taken is $5 and can be signed. The 3rd tag is a franchise tag where the player is on your team the following year for the price of the average of the 3 highest paid players at that position.
    I just got an offer to trade A.Foster straight up for R.Rice. Foster is $3 but his contract is up at the end of the year so he will probably be about $50-$60 next year. Rice is $10 but is signed for another 2 years after this year at that price. My first thought was to do the trade but the offer came from the person in 2nd place and I’m currently in 1st place. Also, Rice scares me some because McGahee signed a contract for 7 years in 2007 so he will be stealing carries for years to come.
    Thoughts???

2nd question is much more simple…what are your thoughts on J.Stewart for the future? I thought he would take over next year as the starter but they refused to trade Williams even when their season is lost and his contract expires. Will Stewart take over or will they resign Williams or will Goodson or Sutten get a chance? Thoughts on that one???

Thank you!

October 30, 2010 at 6:52 am

#1: Don’t get too caught up in McGahee’s contract. It’s scheduled to pay him over $20M the next three years. There’s no way the Ravens do that for a backup RB. He won’t fulfill that entire contract. I’d stay with Rice at that cost. We haven’t seen enough from Foster to say he can perform at the same level.

#2: Stewart has excelled whenever given an opportunity. The challenge he’s always faced has been minor injuries and a coach who has an undying allegiance to his veteran players. I don’t expect Fox to be back next year and I would expect Williams to be playing elsewhere next year. I still like Stewart’s future very much and consider him a great buy low in a dynasty league.

12. Tom G

October 29, 2010 at 7:54 am

Pick 2 WR, non-ppr

Colston vs Pittsburgh
    Mike Williams (TB) @ Arizona
    Steve Johnson @ KC
    Dez Bryant vs Jacksonville – I also have to start Witten so using 2 Dallas players with Kitna under center kind of scares me.

October 30, 2010 at 6:52 am

Colston and Steve Johnson for me in this non-PPR with Witten as your TE.

13. Steve

October 29, 2010 at 8:06 am

Trying to decide whom to start at WR this week in a dynasty league. 1 pt per 10 yards, 6 per TD. No PPR.

My likely choices are three of the following:
    Calvin Johnson vs. Was
    Larry Fitzgerald vs. TB
    Mike Wallace vs. NO
    Kenny Britt vs. SD
    I also have Roy Williams vs. Jax, Deion Branch vs Min

Calvin Johnson is a certainty in my lineup…

The other three likely choices seem to have less than favorable matchups against the #1, #3, and #6 pass defenses.

What would you go with?

I also plan on going with Jacob Tamme as a fill in for my injured Dallas Clark. It sounds like he is going to split out at WR some against a good matchup. Do you think going forward he or Ben Watson would likely be the stronger play?

Keep up the good work on the site. I find it very useful, although I haven’t been able to use it as much as I’d like (a few great trades and waiver moves have exploded my team to dominance last year).. my shameless plug: Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Fitzgerald, Megatron, Britt/Wallace, Dallas Clark, Kaeding, Giants/Cowboys

October 30, 2010 at 6:54 am

That’s a good team…but one of the biggest mistakes teams have is sitting back and enjoying the fruits of their labor. Things can change at a moment’s notice, so keep looking for opportunities. Don’t get too content. Great job, though!

I’d go with Britt and Johnson.

• Steve

October 30, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I whole heartedly agree, that’s why I’m reading all the articles on here! Football has to be one of the fastest turnover fantasy sports… legends of the game may be reliable for years, but there are two many short shelf life players or injuries to every get content.

14. Freshmaker

October 29, 2010 at 8:11 am

Standard scoring. I need to fill up two Flex Positions, and have three candidates. Who should I sit of these three:

Jason Witten vs. Jacksonville
    Steve Smith (CAR) vs. St. Louis
    Mike Williams (TB) vs. Arizona

Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 6:55 am

I’d go with Smith and M Williams until I see more from Kitna.

15. Ryan

October 29, 2010 at 8:34 am

Need to play 3 of these 4, 1 pt PPR

Ward
    Mendy
    LT
    Charles

Who do I go with?

October 30, 2010 at 6:56 am

Go with the best RBs of the bunch: LT, Mendy, and Charles.

16. Walter

October 29, 2010 at 8:40 am

What TE?

Keller or zach miller?

October 30, 2010 at 6:57 am

Boy, tough choice there. I’d go with Zach Miller right now. He’s pretty hot.

17. Chad O.

October 29, 2010 at 8:42 am

Which QB to start? 6 pt passing TD:

Brady vs. Vikings
    Stafford vs. Redskins

October 30, 2010 at 6:57 am

Brady for sure…

18. Edward Cross

October 29, 2010 at 9:05 am

Start 2 out of these:

Beanie Wells
    Felix Jones
    Marshawn Lynch
    WILDCARD Dez Bryant

NONPPR, 25 return yards = 1 pt.

October 30, 2010 at 6:58 am

Yeah, Bryant is your wild card. He’s a little too wild for me right now, though. I’d go with Lynch and Wells and play it a little safer.

19. Swanny

October 29, 2010 at 9:24 am

12 Team, PPR, Dynasty, PR/KR touchdowns only count for point, not yards.

Pick 3 WR: Ochocinco, SEA Mike Williams, Dez, Roy Williams, Demaryius Thomas, Denario Alexander

October 30, 2010 at 7:00 am

Alexander has a torn meniscus, which is incredibly unfortunate.

That leaves you with Mike Williams (SEA) and Ochocinco.

20. Paradis

October 29, 2010 at 9:48 am

Lets tickle the brain, shall we?

1- Wells or Mendenhall (just feels like a beanie week don’t it?)

2- Crabtree over Driver and Gettis? Weather sounds terrible in the UK.

3 – TB’s M.Williams over Fitz? I mean the guy’s a ghost right now.

October 30, 2010 at 7:01 am

My brain has been tickled and it tells me you should start Mendenhall, Gettis, and M Williams.

Boy, that seems odd to suggest him over Fitzgerald, but you really have to right now.

21. Mac

October 29, 2010 at 10:00 am

22 roster 12 team .5 PPR dynasty
    1) Pick two: Lynch, MJD, Steven Jackson, Torain
    2) Pick two: Dez Bryant, Mike Williwms (TB), Bowe, Aaron Hernandez
    3) Pick one: Thomas Jones, Jonathan Stewart
    4) Pick one: Mike Williams (TB), Owen Daniels, Aaron Hernandez
    As always, thanks fellas!!!

October 30, 2010 at 7:02 am

MJD and Torain
      Williams and Bowe
      Stewart
      Mike Williams (TB)

You’re welcome…

22. jlo

October 29, 2010 at 10:37 am

who to start wr– a. gonzo, d. gettis, or s. holmes . Its for my 3rd wide out. knox and maclin on bye. Or should i pick up j. jones?

October 30, 2010 at 7:03 am

I’d stay away from Gonzalez right now. I’d actually go with Holmes as I think he’ll be a bigger part of the offense here after the bye. I wouldn’t worry about J Jones for the week.

23. Tom G

October 29, 2010 at 11:41 am

I have Stewart in 4 leagues and need to start him in 2 but am not sure about the other 2. Would you start Stewart over LT in a non-ppr and over McFadden in a PPR league?

October 30, 2010 at 7:04 am

No..LT has been one of the best RBs this year and McFadden cannot be benched until further notice.

24. Steve

Pick 2 to start.

RB’s
    Tomlinson
    Brandon Jackson
    Marshawn Lynch

October 30, 2010 at 7:05 am

I like Britt, Moss, and Welker regardless of it’s PPR or not. I like Tomlinson and Lynch for sure as well.

25. John

October 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I just picked up Jonathon Stewart, do you play him ahead of the following a performace PPR. Play 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), TE.

Best
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Lee Evans

Thanks

October 30, 2010 at 7:07 am

Yes, this is the opportunity Stewart has been looking for. I expect to take advantage just like last year.

26. Kerry

October 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Can’t decide: Rothlisberger vs.NO or Scaub vs. Colts Monday night?

October 30, 2010 at 7:08 am

I’d go with Big Ben. He’s looked great and the Texans will likely pound it against the Colts.

27. The O'le Ball coach

October 29, 2010 at 2:33 pm

12 team Dynasty league (PPR)

I am 4-3 (3-0 division record)trying to make a final playoff push. I would like to trade for Aaron Rodgers but I can’t decide on what to offer to the owner of Rodgers who is 2-5 and fading fast.? I am thinking Roethlisberger, 2011 1st rd pick, and Hernandez. Your thoughts?

My team is currently:

Thomas, D

Clark (IR)
    Finley(IR)
    Hernandez
    Watson

October 30, 2010 at 7:09 am

It’s tough to say without knowing what the other team needs. I think that’s a decent offer, but I doubt he goes for it.

28. Scott

October 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm

what 2 backs do I start?
    LT
    McFadden
    Wells
    Stewart
    or
    Brown

What TE?
    Keller or Davis

October 30, 2010 at 7:10 am

McFadden and LT

Davis can’t be benched, regardless of having T Smith slinging the ball.

29. ambie

October 29, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Blount or Best?

ppr

October 30, 2010 at 7:10 am

I’d go with Best in a PPR. I still want to see him perform well before recommending him over most, but I think he’ll catch 4-5 balls.

30. Jeremy

October 29, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Which one would you start? Sanchez, McNabb, or Kitna

Which 3 wr would you start in ppr? MWilliams tb, MWilliams sea, Dez Bryant, or Steve Johnson.

and would you start the Law Firm as a ppr flex over any of the 4 above

October 30, 2010 at 7:12 am

I like Sanchez at home this week a little more than the others. I’d go with the two MWs and Steve Johnson this week as well and stay away from BGE. Woodhead is getting way too much action lately.

31. terry

RBs: Wells and Mendenhall without a doubt
      WR3: Steve Johnson
      TE: Daniels

33. Glenn

October 29, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Hey Guys –

Need some thoughts on my RB2 situation for this week.

RB1 is Adrian Peterson.
    RB2 options: CJ Spiller, Mike Hart, or LeGarrette Blount.

I’m reading that Donald Brown may be back for the Monday night game, which would hurt Hart.

Blount is getting alot of press as a potential break-out player, especially against Arizona.

Somebody just dropped Marion Barber and Ricky Williams. Does Marion regain some value with Romo getting hurt? Ricky vs. the Bengals…

typical scoring format.

Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 7:17 am

I’d go with Blount, he’s much safer than Hart or Spiller. I don’t like either of the other two more than Blount, either.

34. dave

October 29, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Need a RB 2 to replace D. Williams. I can pick up L Stewart, Felix Jones, L. Blount, or NE Rbs. Non PPR scoring.
    Thanks

October 30, 2010 at 7:18 am

I assume you mean “J Stewart?” If so, I’d certainly take him over the others.

35. Rex

October 29, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Are you guys on a union break?
    PPR and Return YDS: Sproles or Dez?
    Peace

October 30, 2010 at 7:18 am

For the first time this week, I’d recommend Bryant! Back to break…

36. Mercs

October 29, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Dynasty PPR:

Starting Jamaal Charles, trying to decide between Marshawn Lynch and Jonathan Stewart as a RB2.

Starting Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson, trying to decide between Kenny Britt and Dez Bryant as a WR3

Also, better start at DEF/SPT: Tampa Bay or Miami?

October 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

Stewart and Britt.

Lots of questions this week regarding Dez Bryant. He had one good game, but I’d caution owners not to get too ahead of themselves. He’s still not in the starting lineup for the Cowboys.

37. The Vich

October 30, 2010 at 7:43 am

Hi Jeff and the Ken’s! How is it going this week?

I’ve Matty Ice on Bye and my other choices are McNabb, Bradford, and wait for it…….. Jon Kitna. I’m thinking about starting Kitna – Crazy? Jax D is just horrendous.

Also, I have Arian Foster going, and need one more from Jahvid Best and Jonathan Stewart. Best is soooo incosistent – it’s either 40 points or 4! It looks like D Will is out, so I’m leaning towards Stewart. What do you say?

Thanks

October 30, 2010 at 8:43 am

You’re not crazy, they’re all pretty close. I’d probably take Bradford, but that’s a toss up.

I have the same dilemma in my main dynasty league and I’m going with Stewart.

38. The Vich

October 30, 2010 at 7:56 am

I have Ryan and Cutler on Bye, and am left with the really exciting option of Hasselbeck at Oakland. There are no starting QBs on the waiver wire – so I’m stuck w/ Hass this week. I really need the right pick 5!

Gore, J Stewart, Shonn Greene
    Greg Jennings, Megatron, Lance Moore, Moss, A Gonzalez, Eddie Royal, Mike Williams-TB

I’m leaning towards Gore, Jennings, Calvin, Moss, MWill-TB. Do you like Stewart over any of the above?

Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 8:44 am

Gore, Stewart, Jennings, Megatron and Moss for me this week. I like Stewart more than M Williams (TB).

39. Trashin U

October 30, 2010 at 8:05 am

I have Palmer, could pick up Henne, worried about Palmers back, and Miami D, I feel like I maybe over thinking this…

October 30, 2010 at 8:45 am

I wouldn’t worry about Palmer’s back, but I would worry more about his performance. I think he’s safer than Henne this week, but don’t expect a lot.

40. Ryan

October 30, 2010 at 8:06 am

1 pt PPR, need 3 of these 4

Hines Ward
    Mendy
    Charles
    LT

Asked a question earlier with just saying Ward I guess you though D.Ward since you said best RB’s of the bunch, so decided to ask again, thanks again haha!

October 30, 2010 at 8:46 am

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I’d take the running backs out of the group, and leave out the WR (Ward). Go with the RBs of Mendenhall, Charles and LT.

• Marco

October 30, 2010 at 10:03 am

he answered it right, he meant go with the 3 RB’s.

• Marco

October 30, 2010 at 10:04 am

wow thats weird, didn’t see u already answered. Gotta refresh more often…lol

41. The Vich

October 30, 2010 at 8:25 am

Brees or Rivers?

This league is a big CF for me this week. PPR pick 5:

RBs: Best, Ronnie Brown, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch
    WRs: Fitz, Brandon Marshall, TO, SS-Carolina, Shipley, Mike Will-TB, Jacoby Jones.

I can play either one or two RBs. I like Lynch’s matchup and Best’s at home in a dome. I have quite a few WR that are certaintly outplaying Fitz.

What do you think? Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 8:47 am

I’d take Rivers to avoid the Steelers. I’d go with Marshall, Owens, Best, Lynch, and F Jackson.

42. rdnk

October 30, 2010 at 9:03 am

the bye weeks blues have hit my RB corp. who is the best option at my #2 rb next to Foster, Ward, MBush, or Ivory? .05 ppr start 2 rb 3wr, no flex, bonus for td over 40 yd

also in another league, at QB VYoung or Kitna, im leaning a bit towards Kitna

October 30, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I’d go with Ivory since Thomas is banged up and Kitna isn’t a bad choice in a toss up like that.

43. Marco

October 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

12 team PPR league.

QB pick 1: Mcnabb or Sanchez

RB pick 2: AP i’m def starting so its Best or Felix Jones

WR pick 2: Crabtree, Holmes, Bess

Flex pick 1 (QB, RB, WR): One of the above not picked for the starting line up.

I’m thinking: Sanchez, AP, Best, Holmes, Bess, and flex is Felix.
    Part of me thinks that Crabtree will do good. If i was a rookie QB, i’d throw to my best WR as much as possible.

Thanks!

• Marco

October 30, 2010 at 10:10 am

sorry, this is a .5 PPR with 4 point passing TD’s.

October 30, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Sanchez
      Best
      Holmes, Bess

…and I’d go with Crabtree, though I’d probably throw to Gore and Vernon as much as I could if I’m Troy Smith.

44. Marco

October 30, 2010 at 10:12 am

in another league:

need 2 RB’s between Hart, Blount, Barber, Spiller, Hightower

I like Hart/Blount.

Also, do you think Goodson gets any love with Deangelo Williams out?

Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I’d go with Blount and Barber if no return yardage is calculated. If it is part of your scoring, I’d go with Blount and Spiller.

I think Goodson will get 5-8 touches.

45. Kerry

October 30, 2010 at 10:29 am

Thanks for help!!!!

Need advice: M.Lynch vs. J.Best non ppr.

Then the other one from above vs. M.Williams(Sea) or S.Smith(Carolina) for flex – non ppr. Thanks again! Great Site!!!

October 30, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I’d go with Best as the Redskins haven’t been incredible against the run. Since it’s a non-PPR, I’d take Lynch as the flex.

46. Chief

October 30, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hey,
    Bye weeks and injuries haven’t done me any favors this week. I have a PPR league where I need to start 2 of the following flex players:
    Brandon Jackson (vs NYJ)
    Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis (vs MIN)
    Breaston (coming off injury vs TBB)
    Driver (vs NYJ)
    Shipley (vs Mia)

I’m leaning toward Shipley for one slot, but the rest are just bad matchups. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

October 30, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Ouch.

I’d go with the two most likely to score: BGE and Jackson.

47. Paul m.

October 30, 2010 at 10:35 am

I have both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart

I’m Even if Williams gets the go on Sunday, isn’t Stewart the better play?

What do you think?

Thanks

Paul

October 30, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Not going to matter, D Will didn’t even make the flight.

48. Kerry

October 30, 2010 at 10:43 am

TE Help Please!

Moeaki vs Shiancoe – Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 10:19 pm

No Viking other than Peterson can be trusted at the moment. I like Moeaki.

49. Kerry

October 30, 2010 at 10:48 am

Flex help – driving me nuts!

First, Lynch vs Benson for rb – non ppr.

Then the other vs. M.Wallace for Flex – non ppr.

October 30, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Benson and Wallace for me…

50. Kerry

October 30, 2010 at 10:54 am

Last one guys, thanks much!!!

Brandon Jackson vs. Mike Hart – non ppr.

Then, the other one from above vs. M.Williams, L.Evans for flex – non ppr. Love the Site!!

Real Quick, best defense to use this week between:
    KC
    Arizona
    Dallas
    St.Louis
    Tennessee
    Oakland
    Much appreciated!!

October 30, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Jackson since it looks like Brown is in on Monday. I’m not sure which M Williams you speak of, but I’d take either over Evans this week.

The defense I like this week is Tennessee. San Diego has been incredibly turnover prone.

51. Kerry

October 30, 2010 at 10:57 am

P.S.

Am I assuming correctly, that you guys would start Fitzpatrick over Farve? Just curious. Thanks Alot!!!

• Paradis

October 30, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Until Fitz stops lighting it up, i would say yes… but it is the bills. you can’t be mad if he throws a zillion picks and breaks his collarbone.

October 30, 2010 at 10:22 pm

As ridiculous as it sounds, yes. Fitzpatrick has been a top 4 or 5 option over the past few weeks.

52. toine

October 30, 2010 at 11:00 am

ppr scoring.

Qb

Big Ben @ NO or Aaron Rodgers @ NYJ

Need to start 2 rb’s and a flex from among these 5

Jonathan Stewart @ StL
    Beanie Wells v. TB
    Jahvid Best v. WAS
    Thomas Jones v. BUF
    Mike Williams (TB) @ ARI

all 5 have great match-ups… I have the 2nd highest scoring team in the league but I’m up against the highest scoring so I really need to pick right…

thanks for the input

October 30, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Rodgers, even against the Jets.

I think you ranked your flex players for me already. I like Stewart, Wells, and Best.

53. Paradis

October 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I’m suddenly not so confident in my original selections this week.

I gotta pick 3 WRs

D. Bryant
    Meachem
    Lloyd (This weather worries me)
    Crabtree
    M. Williams (SEA)
    C. Davis

… I think I’m gonna go with Bryant, Williams and Buster Davis. There’s no one else catchin balls in SoCal.

October 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Just wouldn’t be a weekly lineup column without Paradis. Is your team the “Paradis City.”

Anyway, I’d go with M Williams, Lloyd, and Davis. Lloyd has been just too good to sit right now.

• Paradis

October 31, 2010 at 9:52 am

No, but it should be!

I’ve got 3 dynasty teams at quest (2 of them are farm teams though) and then my big league with all my buds. which is why i usually have like 4 different scenario questions.

54. Ivan

October 30, 2010 at 4:15 pm

non-PPR league.

I start Blount or Fred Jackson? Thanks!

October 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I’ll make this response very Blount.

55. Jerry

October 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

My QB’s are M Ryan K Orton M Vick the later 2 I picked up off the w wire. I’m willing to trade Vick which I tried to do this last week. and had interest but only after this week of heavy Bye week players.. What would be a good value for Vick.. My line up as follows..RB Turner Charles Torain Best WR White Wayne Welker M. Williams(TB) TE Keller Moekie Ilove my teams but my record is 2-5 but the league is very tight and the top 6 out of ten make the play offs..Every game Iv’e lost by single digets ands the games I lost when Turner went down an When Vick went out also.. Istill feel good about myteam should I even cosider trading Vick or play him by match ups???? thanx

October 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Your fine if you move Vick. If it’s a non-dynasty, I’d try to get a mroe elite TE. If it is a dynasty, I’d go for the best first rounder you can get.

56. Jerry

October 30, 2010 at 5:50 pm

which Wr to start Welker or M Williams(TB) I’m going Williams..OK?

October 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

If it’s a PPR, I’d go with Welker. If not, Williams.

57. Ross F

October 30, 2010 at 7:11 pm

You guys have done a great job with recommendations for me so far this year. Here’s another:

PPR, pick 4
    Miles Austin
    Randy Moss
    Greg Jennings
    Braylon Edwards
    Mike Williams (TB)
    Lee Evans

October 30, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Glad to hear we’re helping!

I’d go with Austin, Jennings, Moss, and Williams (TB). I expect Holmes to start eating into Edwards’ numbers and Lee Evans had his typical one monster game for the year.

58. Dan

October 30, 2010 at 8:21 pm

S.moss or m.wallace

• Dan

October 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

or sim-walker

• Salty Dawg

October 30, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Mike WAllace Dan

October 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I have a bit of a man crush on Wallace. I like him better than either of the other two. Keep it close throughout the day, then watch him catch a bomb on Sunday night to win it for you.

59. bdynomite

October 30, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Gresham or Tamme?

October 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I need to see something from Tamme before I buy into him being a secondary option for an owner. I’d stick with Gresham.

60. Mike

October 30, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Playing for first place in my PPR league. Think I have the horses to win, just not sure which ones to bring to the staring line.

QB:

So, you need 5 players from your RBs and WRs. I’d go with these:

Peterson
      Lynch
      Britt
      Jennings
      Garcon

…Manning, Gates, and the Jets are automatic.

61. JT

October 30, 2010 at 9:08 pm

J.Stewart (at StL, with Williams out) or Torain (at Det) as my 3rd RB. I’ve also got AP and McFadden.

October 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm

If you have AP and McFadden, there’s no need to take a risk with Stewart. I’d go with Torain for some sure points. I actually like Stewart better this week, but I think Torain is a much safer play.

You don’t need to risk it with those other two…

62. Pntgvn2399

October 30, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Hopefully you guys can get to this in time as I am a little late getting it in…
    First one is PPR and I can’t believe I am even asking this, its not Matthews fault as he is averaging almost 5 YPC but they just keep talking about getting him involved and failing to do so!
    Ryan Matthews SD
    Danny Woodhead NE

Another PPR league..
    I need to either start Jonathan Stewart or one of these WR’s
    Michael Crabtree SF
    Mike Williams TB

Last one is NON PPR…
    Cedric Benson CIN
    Marshawn Lynch SEA

Thanks much if you are able to get to it!

October 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Got to it!

Woodhead is being integrated more and more with NE’s offensive packages, but it’s not enough to recommend him over Mathews.

I’d go with Stewart for the second one over Crabtree and Tampa Williams.

The last is Benson for me.

See you next week…

63. Salty Dawg

October 30, 2010 at 9:23 pm

traditional ppr

TE start:

Pettigrew v WSH
    Witten v JAX

October 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Have to go with Witten as Kitna’s safety valve.

64. Bigcsr67

October 31, 2010 at 6:19 am

I don’t know if I am too late, but I have been juggling my starting lineup all week long, and was just curious on who you guys would start. I need 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wrs, 1 rb/wr flex, and 1 te. here are my options. 0.5 ppr. and return yards, 1pt for every 25yds

QB- Rodgers vs Jets, or Fitzpatrick vs KC. I have been leaning towards Fitz for this week….. am I crazy???

RB- I am pretty sure I am rolling LT2

WR- I have Randy Moss, Amendola, Crabtree, James Jones

Flex – Either one of the WRs above or Knowshon, Benson, or Greene.

As of now I am going with Fitpatrick, LT2, Moreno, Amendola, and Moss…. Is this a dumb move?

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:10 am

Yes, you’re crazy. Rodgers without a doubt.

Moss and Amendola. Frisco has QB issues this week.

Benson is your flex.

• Bigcsr67

October 31, 2010 at 8:53 am

Thanks for the wake up call. Lets hope for the best! Thanks Jeff.

65. Dan

October 31, 2010 at 6:21 am

yards against league for def

whom do i go with

caro at stl
    or
    tenn at sd

this is a big week for me i need solid week for my def.

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:09 am

TEN

66. The Vich

October 31, 2010 at 6:36 am

Last question from me this week! PPR league

Tough decision btw: Chris Wells, Mendenhall, and Jonathan Stewart. I need 2.

What’s up? Does Jeff have a bye week this week!

Thanks for all your help out here!

• Mike in Michigan

October 31, 2010 at 8:08 am

Mendenhall and Stewart. Don’t forget that Max Hall is starting for Ariz, Bucs will load the box against Wells. Unless Arizona can get Beanie to the goal line through the air he has no value. I think Stewart goes off this week as the featured back, despite going against a surprisingly solid Rams D.

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:09 am

Howdy Vich … heh, bye week. Nice. Have just been extraordinarily busy last few days. I’d start Mendy and Stewart this week. I want to see one week of Wells starting and to see if the Cards can actually keep this one close.

67. Mike in Michigan

October 31, 2010 at 6:55 am

Help selecting three W/T:

Calvin Johnson (obvious 1)
    Santana Moss
    Zach Miller
    Dez Bryant
    Steve Smith (CAR)

I like the fact that Miller is the clear-cut option in OAK, but don’t like the QB situation. Bryant showed chemistry with Kitna and I got no production from Smith last week, but is facing STL with a better Moore.

• Mike in Michigan

October 31, 2010 at 7:00 am

Forgot to mention that it is a TD-heavy non-PPR league.

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:07 am

Bryant and Smith are your other two.

68. Motown Mike

October 31, 2010 at 7:38 am

Quick and easy fellas…

Need either Palmer or Stafford today. 6 pt TD’s, all turnovers -2.

• Mike in Michigan

October 31, 2010 at 8:05 am

Stafford all day long. Not just a homer pick, really think he’ll hook up with Johnson at least twice. They’ll establish the run early with Best which will open up air game. Carson will have more turnovers against a solid Miami secondary.

• DLF_JeffH

October 31, 2010 at 8:06 am

Palmer

69. Jimi Hendrix

October 31, 2010 at 9:26 am

Steve Johnson vs. KC
    or
    Marques Colston vs. Pitt

70. Kerry

October 31, 2010 at 9:27 am

One last question:

M.Wallace vs Lynch for flex, non-ppr

Thanks Again!!!!

71. CB

November 4, 2010 at 7:37 am

ppr league, 1pt per 10 rec yards, 6 points per rush or rec td

pick 1 RB

Danny Woodhead @ CLE
    Mike Tolbert @ HOU
    Cedric Benson h PIT

pick 4 (3 WRs and 1 RB OR 4 WRs) (if you picked any of the above three guys already, do not choose them again)

WR Lance Moore @ CAR
    RB Danny Woodhead @ CLE
    RB Mike Tolbert @ HOU
    RB Cedric Benson h PIT
    WR Giant Steve Smith @ SEA
    WR Tampa Mike Williams @ ATL
    WR Seattle Mike Williams h NYG
    WR Steve Breaston @ MIN

this is a must-win week for me, any help is appreciated!!