Week Seven Lineup Advice

The weekly lineup advice column continues to be one of the most popular features on DLF. Week six featured over 100 different lineup questions submitted and we answered each and every one, as promised.

So, all you have to do again this week is post your question at the bottom of this article.  We’ll give you our answers in real time so you don’t have to wait any longer than you have to. Just get your questions in by Saturday afternoon to ensure their answered as we can’t promise to get the Sunday morning questions taken care of for you. We’ll do our best, but play it safe!

If you want advice outside of the DLF crew, go ahead and post your question in the DLF forum as well. The answers you’ll find here are intended to only be from the founders of this site, so that’s what you’ll mostly see.

Just make sure to indicate if your league is a PPR league, and if there are any other unique scoring requirements.

Let’s do it!

UPDATE: Just an FYI here, but we get a lot of questions about some players to look at to stay ahead of the waiver curve.  I have my eye on Carlton Mitchell of Cleveland and Seyi Ajirotutu of San Diego this weekend. While neither is likely to make an impact (and neither are recommended plays), you could do worse if you have some extra roster space for a pre-weekend flyer.  You never know, one may go “Danario Alexander” on us.

Ken Kelly
Tom G

Brady or Kolb

&

Witten or Watson

Reply to  Ken Kelly

Agreed

I am in a 12 dynasty league(PPR) and I just traded Payton Hillis and a 2011 2nd round pick for Steven Jackson was that the correct move? Or should I have stood pat with Hillis?

Reply to  BucMan

while I don’t think it was quite that egregious a trade, I do agree that you got the better end of the deal. I think that owner could have sold SJ higher.

Rothlisberger or Flacco?

Reply to  Ken Kelly

Second that.

steve

Keep up the great work!

Which 2 do I start in a 0.5PPR league? Mike Wallace, Steve Smith(NYG), Mike Williams (TB), Jabar Gafney.

Thanks

Reply to  steve

I’d go with Wallace and Smith until further notice. I think Wallace will be the most improved fantasy player the second half of the year.

Reply to  steve

Agree with Wallace and Smith, though Gaffney would be a close second instead of Smith. I think Gaffney is actually a bit safer play in a ppr league, but Smith has a higher upside. So it just depends on how you want to play that.

Paradis

Some QB quandaries..

Romo or a Receiverless Rivers?

And Romo or Orton?

Reply to  Paradis

I still trust Rivers a lot more even without his weapons. It’s just too hard to figure out Dallas right now and the Giants defensive line is likely going to give him some real trouble.

I’d take Orton vs. Oakland this week over Romo as well.

Reply to  Paradis

Yeah, agree with both above statements.

HotRod

Been getting lots of good advice from you guys, thank you. I need to choose 2 from the following, no ppr or return yds. What do you think?

S Moss @ Chi
M Williams (TB) v STL
Wells @ Sea
Crabtree @ Car

Reply to  HotRod

I’d go with Wells and Moss this week. Seattle’s run defense has been pretty good, but Arizona simply has to get Wells involved to be successful. He’s the only one on your list who will get guaranteed touches.

Reply to  HotRod

Wells for sure.
I think Crabs is steadily improving and could be a good play here, but I’d probably play Wallace over him, he’s a much safer bet.

Drew

PPR Flex

D. Alexander @ TB
Forsett vs AZ
J Stewart vs SF
Deon Butler vs AZ

Drew
Reply to  Drew

Just need one

Reply to  Drew

Some tough options there for sure. Stewart has been disappointing this year, but is still a dynasty lottery ticket. I see way too many people selling low on him right now.

That being said, Forsett and Butler seem to be the safest choices. I’d go with Forsett.

Reply to  Drew

I’d go with D Alexander here. He’s less proven, but has a great rapport with Bradford. Sam Bradford essentially went to bat for him to get him into Clayton’s vacated spot, because he believes he can be something special. When you QB’s reputation is riding on your success, good things will probably happen. It’s a little more of a dicey play, but I’d recommend D Alexander.

tim r

10 team non ppr

My receivers are Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Malcolm Floyd, Austin Collie, and Danny Woodhead (wr/rb). Looking ahead to the playoff weeks, should I drop Floyd for Vincent Jackson now while he’s still available? Floyd’s trade value is in question now with the injury and news of V Jax’s return, but is he too good to drop this early? Also, I picked up Woodhead for this weeks injury/bye fill-in instead of Deion Branch (who’s still available.) Good move? .5 pts for rush attempts.

Also, Moreno, McFadden, or Torain as FLEX assuming all are healthy.

Thanks for all the help!

Reply to  tim r

I assume this is NOT a dynasty league.

First, I’d look to drop someone else other than Floyd to get VJax if you can. If you HAVE to make that call, I’d stick with Floyd for now. With CJ and Nicks, you’re pretty set. No need to risk too much and give up a few weeks of production you may get with Malcom.

With .5 for rush attempts, Woodhead is likely a better option this year than Branch in a non-PPR. Boy, that’s a serious RB tainted scoring league! Fun for sure, though.

I’d rank your flex as follows:

Torain
Moreno
McFadden

I don’t think you CAN assume they’re all healthy. McFadden will likely give it a go, but it’s tough to say how much work he’ll take away from Bush.

tim r
Reply to  DLF Ken K

Sorry, it’s a re-draft league. And yeah, it’s a little too biased towards RBs, but the commish wouldn’t listen to me. Thanks for the advice.

E. Honda

ppr, 5pt bonus 100 yrd rush/rec

britt, williams (sea), or ivory (currently starting ivory)

standard redraft league

drop demaryius (or louis murphy) for starks?

thanks!

Reply to  E. Honda

In a standard redraft league, I would drop Thomas for Starks. Thomas is going to be unreliable for the year and find it tough to carve a role with so many options in Denver. Starks could very well be a playoff hero.

If Thomas is out as expected, Ivory is a good choice there.

Reply to  E. Honda

I like Ivory this week.

Thomas is going to be very unpredictable over the remainder of the year. Starks is a question mark but is going to get a chance to be the starter. I’d pick him up.

Eric

PPR Need 2 of these WR to go with Jennings and have Calvin on a bye.

Steve Smith CAR
Michael Crabtree SF
Danario Alexander STL
Johnny Knox CHI
Mike Williams TB

Reply to  Eric

I’d go with Smith and Knox. Moore has a better chance to get Smith the ball and Knox is the most reliable of a group of unreliable Chicago receivers. He’s due for a touchdown here shortly.

You really need to see another good game from Alexander before using him.

Reply to  Eric

I think Mike Williams is an ever week starter now, or close to. Crabtree is very much in the offense now. I start Williams and Crabtree. I want to see one week of Steve Smith in action before starting him again.

Eric

I have 2 different ones in this league.. PPR League
Need one of these RBs
Ryan Matthew SD
Chris Ivory NO
Danny Woodhead NE

Also need one of these WRs
Kenny Britt TEN
Mike Williams TB
Danario Alexander STL

Thanks much.. One more league to go that I will post next.. Having a very tough time this week.

Reply to  Eric

I’d go with Mathews and Britt, who is red hot right now.

Riders4Ever
Reply to  DLF Ken K

With the latest news about Britt beinbg involved in a bar fight early Friday morning and Fisher saying he may sit him this week, Mike Williams would be the safer (due to his more established role) play here imo.

Reply to  Eric

Start Mathews and Williams. Britt isn’t starting this week and who knows where is head is.

Eric

This one is NON PPR..
Need 1 of these RBs
Marshawn Lynch SEA
Chris Ivory NO

Also I currently have Boldin, Wallace and Lloyd in at starting WR. Would you have Britt in the lineup over any of those guys? I don’t think so but wanted to get your input.. Thats it I’m done now, I think I have the rest set haha.

Reply to  Eric

I’d take Ivory if Thomas doesn’t play and I think you’re set at WR with Boldin, Wallace, and Lloyd this week.

Reply to  Eric

Tough choice. I’d go with Ivory because he’ll probably see more touches. I’d sit Britt this week.

beardawg

flex play

.33 ppr

R. Brown v. Pit
D. Bess v. Pit
T. Jones v. Jac
M. Williams Sea v. Ari

I don’t mind gambling my flex, so I’m leaning to Williams. Tell me why I’m crazy.

Reply to  beardawg

I don’t think you are. I can make a case for some of the others, especially Bess, but Seattle seems determined to get Williams involved.

Reply to  beardawg

I don’t think you’re crazy either … roll the dice with him

Don Emilio Barzini

1/2 PPR

Witten or Hernandez

Reply to  Don Emilio Barzini

Boy, tough one. I think the Giants are on a roll right now with that defensive front and I think Romo is going to have a hard time completing any plays of significance. I’d go with Hernandez and cross my fingers.

Reply to  Don Emilio Barzini

Hate to say it, but Hernandez is better right now. He’s getting a lot of looks.

Tom G

Pick 2 PPR league
Ryan Torain
Mike Williams (Sea)
Mike Wallace
Danny Woodhead
Devone Bess

Reply to  Tom G

Torain and Wallace there for me. I think that’s pretty straight forward.

Reply to  Tom G

Torain and Williams. Wallace is a good play too, so go with your gut. The PPR favors Williams in my book.

Ross F

PPR

QB: Kolb or Palmer
RB: Benson or Mathews or Tolbert
TE: Gates or Watson (I’m nervous because I may not know if Gates will play until its too late to start Watson).

Reply to  Ross F

QB: Kolb (Palmer cannot be trusted)
RB: Benson
TE: Hmm. I’d really pay attention to the practice reports this week. Is Quarless available in your league? If so, you could pick him up and play him Sunday night if Gates is inactive. If not, Watson should be a decent play.

Reply to  Ross F

Kolb.
Benson
Gates if he’s starting but it IS risky. He doesn’t miss games.

Mac

12 team .5 PPR 22 roster dynasty.

1) Pick one – Anthony Dixon, Chester Taylor or LeGarrette Blount if Pierre Thomas is out (gross, I know)….
2) Pick one – Ahmad Bradshaw, Ryan Matthews
3) Pick two – Bowe, Denario Alexander, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Williams (TB), Johnny Knox

You guys are the best! We all really appreciate the work you put into answering these questions. Really, we do.

Reply to  Mac

1.) With Huggins down, I’d take Blount
2.) Bradshaw
3.) Bowe and Knox in a .5 ppr

Reply to  Mac

Thanks for the comments Mac, it’s appreciated.

1) Blount
2) Bradshaw
3) Bowe and Williams.

Rich

PPR League:

Need to start: 2 Wr’s, 2 RB’s, and a Flex (RB/WR):

WR: Mike Wallace, Mike Williams (TB), Mike Willams (Sea), Marques Colston, and Deion Branch

RB: Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Rashard Mendenhall, Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller, and Thomas Jones

Reply to  Rich

I’d go this way:

WRs: Wallace, Colston (man, he’s due)
RBs: Charles, Mendenhall
Flex: Hillis

Reply to  Rich

WR: Williams (TB) and Colston
RB: Charles and Mendy
Flex: Hillis for the guaranteed touches.

Andy

Do I start Orton or Rivers?

I can have 2 RB in a PPR league. Who do I start out of Forte, Moreno, Torain, Felix Jones?

Reply to  Andy

I’d still go with Rivers, even down so many weapons. Your RBs to me are Forte and Torain.

Reply to  Andy

Can’t sit Rivers, he starts
Forte and Torain.

bdynomite

From: bdynomite
League Type: Dynasty
Teams: 8
PPR: Yes
IDP: Yes

QB: M. Ryan vs CIN or M. Cassel vs JAC

Ryan’s by far the better player but he doesn’t really put together big games. Cassel on the other hand has been hot lately and is playing the Jaguars. Leaning toward Cassel.

RB: J. Charles vs JAC or M. Lynch vs ARI or R. Torain @ CHI

Seems pretty open/close for Charles but I figured I’d ask anyways. Lynch plays the worst run defense but I’m not sold on any sort of production yet from him. Torain could see a lot of touches but he plays a Bear’s defense that’s been fairly hard against the run this year. Leaning Charles.

WR: D. Bowe vs JAC or S. Johnson @ BAL or R. Meachem vs CLE or M. Sims-Walker @ KC or M. Williams vs ARI or M. Williams vs STL (pick 3)

Yeah, so I know I can’t make up my mind, but I have D-Jax injured and Megatron on bye so my WR2/3/4 get tougher. I was planning on starting Bowe, especially after his coming-out party and easy match-up this week so that leaves two. Johnson has been hot but I still view his play as kinda fluky since he’s mainly just getting TDs, plus he plays the Ravens. Meachem looks like a good start and has been getting a lot more attention from Brees these last couple days. MSW *sigh*, this guy just won’t start producing, good match-up but I’d rather not get a goose egg. BMW was force-fed the ball last week and did great, now he has another easy match-up. Tampa Mike is doing great for a rookie but needs to catch a few more of those tosses, plays the Rams so that could be decent though. Leaning towards Bowe, Meachem, and BMW.

Dez and Garcon are questionable, Bowe hasn’t done much so far this year, and MSW is MSW. Who do I go with here?

TE: J. Gresham @ ATL or G. Olsen vs WAS

Olsen has produced a nice big nothing the last 2 weeks for me and I’m fed up with him. Was leaning toward Gresham. Thanks!

Reply to  bdynomite

QB: I just don’t trust Cassel at all. Ryan may not be flashy, but he should get you a decent game at home.

RB: I think Charles as well, though Torain is enticing.

WR: Bowe, Mike Williams (SEA), and Meachem seem pretty solid to me as well.

I see one big problem you have. If you were to start Cassel, Bowe, and Charles, that’s extremely risky. I like to refer to that situation as the “Bermuda Triangle.” It’s nearly impossible to take that much risk with three players from the same team each week.

I’d minimize the risk by taking out Cassel and working the other two.

Reply to  DLF Ken K

…and I’d go with Gresham.

Reply to  bdynomite

D. Hestor (WAS)
Demaryuis Thomas (OAK)
D. Heyward-Bay (DEN)

Reply to  Steve

Gaffney without a doubt.

Reply to  Steve

Gaffney. But Hester makes sense in return yardage leagues.

tom

need two of the four please

f jones – dal
r torain – was
c benson – cin
mjd – jax

Reply to  tom

I’d go with the safer two of Benson and MJD.

Reply to  tom

Benson and MJD. Guaranteed touches against better matchups

Martin

Flex player in a PPR league:

Lynch or Bowe?

Reply to  Martin

Interesting one there. I’d go with Lynch this week and hope he scores a TD.

Reply to  Martin

Lynch – Need to see one more week from Bowe

Bigcsr67

What’s up fellas! Quick Q, Benson vs. ATL, or Crabtree vs. Carolina for my flex play. 0.5 PPR.

Reply to  Bigcsr67

Benson without question…

Reply to  Bigcsr67

Benson, no doubt.

HG

Britt, Woodhead, Crayton, or Buster Davis?

Paradis
Reply to  HG

Personally, I’d go with one of SD receivers. Someone’s gonna be catching balls, and while Britt has been automatic for 1 TD a week (odds are somepoint that trend will end) you gotta think the fantasy ceiling is higher for SD’s guys this week. I’d go with Crayton as he’s a more polished and route-friendly receiver.

Paradis
Reply to  Paradis

I’m sorry. I think i may retire from giving anyone my opinion after i said play Crayton over Britt. my god.

Reply to  HG

Britt has himself a bit of a legal problem today. Sadly, I actually think Crayton has the biggest upside of the group this week.

Reply to  HG

I’m going with Woodhead this week as a sneaky play. He’s getting touches and looks. If it’s PPR, Woodhead’s an even better play

PatsFan

12-team 0.5 PPR and 0.2 PPCarry League

Who do I start?

QB – Cutler (WAS) or Big Ben (@MIA)

Also, need to start 2 of the following at WR:

S. Smith [NYG] (@DAL)
M. Wallace (@MIA)
D. Bryant (NYG)
M. Williams [TB] (STL)

At Flex:

R. Torain (@CHI)
C. Benson (@ATL)
or one of the remaining WR’s above

Thanks for the help.

Reply to  PatsFan

In a .5 ppr, I’d go with the mix of Ben, S Smith, Wallace, and Benson. Benson is a tad less risky than Torain with your other options there.

Reply to  PatsFan

QB: Big Ben
WR: Wallace and Williams
Flex: Benson

DGreen

Flacco or Brady? Its odd that I even have to ask that question.

Also, Torrain or Lynch??

Thanks!!

Reply to  DGreen

Yeah, it’s odd, but it merits asking. I’d still go with Brady there. I’d take Torain over Lynch as well.

Reply to  DGreen

Brady.
I start Lynch because I like his matchup. But Torain is a safer play.

msh0950

12 Team keeper league non-PPR. Scoring as follows QB: 1 pt for every 20 yds. passing RB/WR/TE 1 pt for every 10 yds Touchdowns (QB/RB/WR/TE): 0-9 yds.: 6 pts 10-39 yds.: 9 pts 40+ yds.: 12 pts. Field Goals: 0-39 yds.: 3 pts 40-49 yds.: 5 pts 50-59 yds.: 10 pts 60+ yds.: 12 pts Return Yards: 2 points for 40, and then 1 point for every 10 thereafter
Start 1 QB, any combination of 5 (maximum of 3 RB’s and TE is not required), 1 K
Who do you Recommend
QB: Cutler (WAS); Ryan (CIN), Cassel (JAX)
RB: Mendenhall (MIA), P. Thomas (CLE-OUT), C. Wells (SEA), F. Jackson (BAL)
WR: A. Armstrong (CHI), A. Benn (STL), D. Bryant (NYG- Ques), M. Floyd (NEP-OUT), S. Johnson (BAL), J. Shipley (ATL), S. Smith NYG (DAL), Mike Thomas (KCC), M. Williams SEA (ARI)
TE: C. Cooley (CHI), J. Gresham (ATL)
K: N. Rackers (BYE), N. Kaeding (OUT), R. Succop (JAC) (Other available kickers on waiver wire if you think they are better options are: Gano (CHI), Buehler (NYG), Reed (MIA), Brown (NEP), Longwell (GB), Feely (SEA), and Tynes (DAL)
Sorry I know this is a lot of info, but as always, your wisdom is very much appreciated.

Reply to  msh0950

QB: Ryan
RB: Mendenhall, Wells, F Jackson since it’s a non PPR
WR: S Smith, M Williams

Your guess is as good as mine on the K, but I like Reed.

Reply to  msh0950

Agree with Ken completely

Rich

0.5 PPR league. Can start 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR. With CJ2K & Miles Austin starting, who would you choose for my 3rd & 4th starters from RB-Matthews, M.Bush or WR-Welker, Knox, M.Williams(TB)? Thanks!

Reply to  Rich

I’d roll with Mathews and Welker this week. I think those are the two best bets for touches.

highballers

Need to start two- Non-PPR

Greg Jennings vs. MIN (#6 against the pass)
Chad Johnson @ ATL (#25 against the pass)
Mike Williams (SEA) vs. ARI (#26 against the pass)

Thanks.

Reply to  highballers

I’d go with Jennings and Chad in a non-PPR. This week is do or die for the Ocho.

Reply to  highballers

Jennings and Chad.

Dan

WR

Marshall is my 1 but at two i have question

S.Moss, M.Wallace, M.Thomas (jac)

and at TE my main is on bye but i have

A.Hernadez and T.Gonzalez

which one WR and which one TE

thanks and i love this site you guys have helped me to a 5-1 record so far, hope this season keeps rolling for me.

Reply to  Dan

I’d actually go with Wallace and Gonzalez this week. Moss and Hernandez are close seconds.

Reply to  Dan

Congrats Dan on the nice start! And thanks for the note.

Tough choice, but I would go with Wallace. Gonzo still has to get the start. Gotta give the vet his due.

NorthParkRDB

Non PPR League-Need to start 3 RBs

I have C.Johnson, A.Foster, and S.Jackson but beyond those 3 I don’t have much depth and Foster is on a bye this week. My options to replace him are R.Williams going against a very tough Pitt DE or J.Forsett who I see losing more and more carries each week to M.Lynch. Who would you start Williams or Forsett???

Also in a 2nd league that is non PPR Keep 10 players each year…
Looking for some trade advice and thoughts.

I must start 3 RBs every week and you get 6 on your roster. Mine are F.Gore, C.Benson, P.Thomas, P.Hillis, D.Woodhead, and L.Blount.

What are your thoughts on Hillis and Blount? Do you think Hillis has a future as a feature back or is Cleveland going to find someone to replace/complement him or even give Hardesty a chance next year? And do you think Blount has a chance to start with Caddy being horrible week after week and with Huggins going on IR?

One last question. Should I try to trade Hillis or Blount to help out my team in a different area?

Thanks!

Reply to  NorthParkRDB

I’d go with Forsett for question one there. Pittsburgh is just brutal on the opposition right now.

Hardesty is certainly going to get his chance. His injury history is piling up as always, though. I see Blount and Hillis the same way – players who could be short term starters, but not likely long term dynasty gems to build around.

The trade question is more difficult. It really depends on where you are in the standings and how other people value those two. If someone in your league is convinced Hillis will put together those top 15 RB numbers long term and will trade equal value to you, I’d jump on that IF you’re not in contention this season.

Reply to  NorthParkRDB

Forsett. PIT is just too tough.

Hardesty is going to get a chance but Hillis is really proving something. I like Hillis more than Blount. But Blount may get a chance this year to do something. I don’t see him as an every week starting RB in the future though.

I would capitalize on the opportunity to trade Hillis as the higher valued player right now. I worry about him going back to mediocrity next year.

ccc

Who would you start, Kevin Kolb, Jay Cutler or Ben Roethlisberger?

Thanks

Reply to  ccc

Roethlisberger…

Reply to  ccc

Big Ben seems to have it right now.

Dan

im not greatly happy with turner this year so far this week these are my three rb whom should i go with

Turner, Charles, and BJGE

Dan
Reply to  Dan

sorry i need two

Reply to  Dan

You shouldn’t be happy with Turner this year, but you still have to play him with Charles this week. BGE has been good as of late, but he is very reliant on touchdowns since he gets limited work.

Reply to  Dan

Turner and Charles. If you’ve read my latest article, you know that I believe Turner’s value is steadily declining. Problem is, he may not have enough value left to get anything in return that makes for a good risk/reward.

Dan
Reply to  Dlf_JeffH

your article was great and thats why i figured i just have to keep him around due to no one is gonna trade a good trade for him ty guys.

Riders4Ever

Non-ppr.
Need 2 WRs out of Nicks, Harvin, Steve Smith (Car)and Knox.
Need 2 RBs out of Rice, Forte, MBush.
Need 1 WR/RB flex out of the WRs and RBs I don’t start in their respective position spots.

Thanks

Reply to  Riders4Ever

I’d go with Nicks and a very hot Harvin right now. RBs to me are Rice and Forte and the flex would be Smith.

Reply to  Riders4Ever

Hard to sit Nicks and Harvin right now. I’d start both
Rice and Forte for sure. Looks like DMC could be back.
Smith in your flex.

Motown Mike

Well I know this ain’t quite a lineup question but I figured since we’re speaking dynasty here, I’d give it a shot.

Dynasty 12 man non-PPR, a team I picked up in the off-season to rebuild. Been offered the following, feel like it’s a good one but would like an opinion.

I get: Brent Celek, Laurence Maroney, Mike Hart

I give: Tony Moeaki, Justin Forsett

Again, non-PPR

Dan
Reply to  Motown Mike

not even close that is a very bad trade, your giving up a lot for not much.

Reply to  Motown Mike

Maroney is nearly worthless at this point, Hart is a short term option at best. In a dynasty league, you’re getting Celek for Moeaki and Forsett.

That’s not great.

Reply to  Motown Mike

Agree with Ken whole-heartedly

215256

Hey I was wondering about my RB options, I need two of the three.

Knowshon Moreno vs Oakland

Or Cedric Benson vs ATL

Or Peyton Hillis vs NO

Thanks

Reply to  215256

Until I see more from Moreno, I go with Benson and Hillis.

Reply to  215256

Benson and Hillis. I worry about CLE being out of it early but I’ll take Hillis over Moreno until Moreno proves he can carry the load again.

Adam

One RB, Two WR and One FLEX from this list …

Michael Bush
Felix Jones
Ryan Torain

Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Mike X Williams

Easy, right?

Reply to  Adam

Torain, Lloyd, Jennings, and Williams as long as McFadden plays.

Reply to  Adam

Torain. Lloyd and Jennings. Williams. Bush is a nice play if DMC is out.

Jeremy

What are your thoughts on the Colts te situation now that Clark is out for the year. Is Tamme a guy to pick up in any league?

Reply to  Jeremy

If you have roster space, Tamme is a viable pickup. Most shallow leagues have some better options like Ben Watson, Tony Scheffler, and Anthony Fasano, however.

Reply to  Jeremy

You want to own Tamme if you have the spot (I picked him up myself) but expectations should be low. He’s a mystery for the last 1/2.

paul

Which 2 RB do i choose?

DeAngelo Williams
Ryan Torain
Chris Ivory
Green-Ellis

Thanks!

Reply to  paul

Hmm. That’s interesting. I’d actually roll the dice and go with Williams and Chris Ivory this week.

Reply to  paul

Williams and Ivory for me as well. Almost want to choose Torain over DWill, but after the bye, DWill should see a lot of touches and has been the best back in CAR.

In a 12 team dynasty (PPR) league, I am bit concerned with Austin’s short and long term value with all of the weapons emerging in Dallas, Roy and Bryant seem to be gaining Romo’s trust. That being said would you trade Austin for Marshall?

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I wouldn’t do that at all. Marshall’s hips concern me long term and Austin is still the best option on that team. While Williams has played well as of late, his time in Dallas won’t be very long.

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

Howdy Steve … great to see you here!

I share your concern to a small degree, but not to the degree that I’d make that trade. Marshall is still a head case and Austin is still the WR1 there. I’d stick with him.

You guys are great, I really feel like I have an edge up on the competition. 12 team (PPR) Dynasty: Would you trade Jennings and Graham (NO TE) for Fitz?

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

I assume that’s Greg Jennings and not Rashad!?! Either way, that’s an easy trade I’d do in a dynasty league.

Reply to  The O'le Ball coach

Thanks Coach! Either way, Greg or not, Yes!

Vern

I have Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick in a 4 points per passing TD (-2 pts sack) league. I am thinking Matthew Stafford might be a nice pick up and drop the non starter between Kolb and Vick as soon as I know. Does this make sense?

Reply to  Vern

Yes, absolutely. Diversifying your lineup is always a good thing. However, it’s going to be pretty tough to know who is the long term starter (or even the short term one) in Philly.

It’s probably going to be week ten or so until we know.

Reply to  Vern

Agree with Ken.

Vern

Who is a better speculative pick for the rest of the seasonand playoffs(0.5 points per reception) , Danny Woodhead or Anthony Gonzalez or Demeriyus Thomas? 1st choice? 2nd?

Reply to  Vern

I think it’s actually Woodhead, Thomas, and Gonzalez in that order. Thomas is certainly the sleeper, though. This is a big week for him.

Reply to  Vern

Woodhead and Thomas, in that order.

The Vich

What’s up guys!

PPR, 12 team Dynasty league.

Dallas Clark is out. I picked up Ben Watson for the week. He is on bye for week 8. I could also go for Gronk, Fasano, Scaife, Tamme on the waiver wire. Not very pretty, I know. What do you think for the rest of the year? Bad enough to trade a WR for a top level tight end? I have a pretty good stable of WRs:

Fitz, Marshall, TO, Kenny Britt, SS-Carolina, Mike Williams-TB, Jordan Shipley, Jacoby Jones.

Pick 5 lineup question also:

I’m starting Marshawn Lynch at RB, along with Fitz and Marshall. I need two more from WRs above. I also have Fred Jackson and Ronnie Brown available, but don’t like their matchups against Baltimore and Pittsburg.

Thanks for all your efforts out here!

Reply to  The Vich

If you can move Britt for a really solid option, I’d do it. His checkered past scares me, though it might be a week to late to move him.

Watson is actually a decent option for the rest of the year for you. He’s the best of that group at the moment.

I’d roll with Owens and S Smith as your WRs this week…

Reply to  The Vich

Hey, there he is! Howdy Vich. I was wondering.

You made the same move I did with Clark (I have Clark and Finley). I picked up Tamme, but Scaife has value too. I think Manning will still look Tamme’s way enough. Watson is a better play for the remainder though.

I’d go with TO and Williams.

Fat Elvis

Pick three of four:

Harvin, B. Lloyd, Bowe, or Vernon Davis (can start TE in WR flex slot)

Thanks!

Reply to  Fat Elvis

You just can’t bench Lloyd right now and I’d stick with Harvin who has put together some nice games of late.

Reply to  Fat Elvis

I’d sit Bowe.

Jason

Drop Ricky Williams for Denario Alexander?

Williams is my RB 5. I’m holding him because I have Ronnie Brown, the fins have great playoff matchups, and I want Rickey if Brown gets hurt. But unless or until any of that happens, Ricky just sits there, on my bench.

If I drop him for Denario, maybe Denario goes off again and I can get some trade value from him (or from one of my better WRs, and move Denario up to WR3.)

If I put Williams on the waiver wire, and Denario lays a goose egg this weekend, nobody will pick Ricky up, right? Won’t I still be able to drop Denario and pick Williams up next week?

Reply to  Jason

In an earlier post I commented that Bradford went to bat for Alexander to get him into the lineup. That’s hardly proof positive of long term success, but it is a good indicator of the rapport and belief Bradford has in Alexander. If you are looking at long term value in a dynasty league, and you are not going to hurt yourself by dropping Ricky, then you should take a chance on Alexander. Other factors to consider which might influence this, how valuable are WR’s compared to RB’s in this league, is it a PPR league, etc. But it’s probably a shot worth taking. Good luck!

Swanny

12 Team, PPR League, Dynasty

Pick 1 QB: Kolb or Eli
Pick 3 WR: Ochocinco, Demaryius Thomas, SEA Mike Williams, Dez Bryant, Roy Williams, Denario Alexander
Pick 1 TE: Celek or Moeaki
Pick 1 DEF: NO Def or Pitt Def
Pick 1 FLEX: Any above none used players, Brandon Jacobs, Willis McGahee

Reply to  Swanny

Kolb
Ocho, Mike Williams, Roy Williams
Celek
PIT
I’d actually take a shot with Jacobs as well in the flex

Reply to  Swanny

I like Eli on Monday night this week, without Desean in the lineup.

Chad, Williams and Williams
Celek
PIT
I’d go with Bryant.

Per

12 team PPR

Flex spot – pick one
A. Armstrong (@ CHI)
C. Davis (vs NEP)
J. Ringer (vs PHI)

Thanks

Reply to  Per

The Chargers are hurting and Buster Davis should get his chances. I like his prospects a bit better than Armstrong’s.

Reply to  Per

Have to go with Davis there.

Per

12 team PPR, 0,5 pts/rec

Pick two:
J. Jones GB (vs MIN)
D. McCluster KCC (vs JAC)
L. Moore NOS (vs CLE)
E. Royal DEN (vs OAK)
M. Thomas JAC (at KCC)

Thanks!

Reply to  Per

Royal is banged up, so I’d go with Moore and Mike Thomas.

Reply to  Per

Moore is a must start. Thomas is the best of the rest.