8 Responses to “Gold Rush”

1. Dave says:

The only thing shocking here is that Decker didn’t get this offer…what kind of deal is are Decker and his agent looking for because I figured this is in the ballpark and it would have been a great situation for Decker. I am not a Tate fan, but he should do really well across from Megatron.

2. Ken Kelly says:

The Jets beat it with $15 million guaranteed. Crazy.

3. Andrew G says:

How does this affect reggie bush? For me, his upside is hard to see with j bell staying and better passing options now. I’m hoping that he can get enough hype that I can get something of value for him. As a ppr back is he a top weekly flex play?

• SJ says:

R.Bush is still better than a weekly flex play. He’s still the lead in a high-profile, high-scoring, high-passing offense and should still get relatively similar numbers to last year’s RB1 PPR stats.

Bell signing just signals how great he is already, as a team favorite and advanced-metrics dynamo in that DET offense. Its just locks him up, where losing him would have cost the Lions dearly given his play and versatility.

Tate just replaces the vacuum at WR2 that the Lion’s have had for years, including all the wasted targets to Burleson.

If you’re really expecting a huge pull in targets Tate’s way, you also have to consider Pettigrew’s departure and a lack of receiving threat at TE now, not to mention theres no one at WR3 for DET.

I think – all in all Tate will assume a role that was severely lacking in DET, and is a need there. I dont think he’ll really pull more attention or targets away from the RB’s or Calvin. I guess there’s a chance for that, but would anticipate more of a target pull from the other, mediocre DET WR’s (Durham, Edwards, Broyles (if healthy)) and the TE spot that is now likely to be less of a target hog.

All in all R.Bush’s value is still dependent on his age, and ability to stay healthy. Maybe with more work toward J.Bell that actually helps Bush more, but his numbers should be the same as long as he’s productive and on two feet – which is never a given with any RB.

• cuztank says:

Some great points there SJ, I would have to agree with you on all of them.

• SJ says:

Except, it looks like Pettigrew will be back, but its still possible he loses targets, given his productions recently. Either way, if the RB’s (Bush/Bell) indeed lose catches, it shouldnt be by much. Maybe a 10-15 catch drop off, with the carries likely the same, or possibly more between them.

4. Kado says:

I think bush will still hold the same value as last season. I also agree that decker would have been the better choice for Detroit here, for them and for fantasy owners. I don’t roster decker or Tate on any of my teams, so I’m not being biased. I wouldn’t expect much from Tate, he’s tough with good hands, but he’s a wr 3 in fantasy, nothing more. Even in this offense. If you roster him, sell now!!!

5. Huey says:

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and
    in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your
    blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I
    achievement you access consistently rapidly.