10 Responses to “The Dynasty Confessional: Trades Gone Wrong”

1. PV says:

Four years ago I felt I had a contending team and Shonn Greene was coming off his coming out party in the playoffs with the Jets. Feeling the Jets were committed to him I offered Wes Welker coming off his injury and some unknown Arian Foster for Greene. My leaguemate called the trade totally unfair and rejected the offer. Two championships later I agree the trade was totally unfair.

2. Jim says:

Couple of years ago, I was around .500 and trying to make a push to get in the playoffs so as Vick was my quarterback I traded MJD for Desean Jackson straight up hoping my combo would catch fire down the stretch and lead me to a title. The 1st game I could use Jackson was the game he got suspended by the Eagles. Worst trade ever for me. Needless to say, I didn’t catch fire and in fact I dropped like a lead balloon.

3. Bryan l says:

MJD and what would eventually be the 1.01 (McFadden) for Cedric Benson. Benson was cut by the bears and I later dropped him. Mjd went on to be mjd. This trade would set any franchise back a few years!!!

Glad to see I’m not the only one capable of this bad of a deal.

4. Karl Safchick says:

Wow, back to back MJD trades. To be honest, many people were low on him when he first came out. He was always supposed to be undersized and slow. He just outplayed what everyone thought he would. Nothing to be ashamed of, but thanks for sharing!

5. clayton westphal says:

test

6. BAMNation says:

Dont feel bad about Kaep – I had a chance to grab him for peanuts when I had Smith as my QB – I didnt move fast enough and still have Alex.

Smith is consistent and in 2011 I was 1st in the league and finish 3rd in my league w him as my starting QB (McCoy’s delcine at end of 2011 killed me in the palyoffs) and was leading the league last year with him until he went down.

Worst trade for me was giving up Palmer for Flynn in 2011 in another league… Figured Palmer was done and Flynn was a good future option… oh well.

7. invisibulman says:

Nearing the end of the 2010 season, my team was a powerhouse behind Philip Rivers, Peyton Hillis, Mendy, Megatron, Roddy, DJAx… we were loaded except for QB2 (this was a two QB league and you really needed a second to win it.) I decided I could part with an under-performing Reggie Bush and a breakout WR (Stevie Johnson) who was never going to relive this kind of season. The most valuable asset I had to give up was an up and coming Kevin Kolb. I was able to swing a deal for a 3,500 yard passer who had already chucked 20TDs that year… Kyle Orton.

Not only did Orton not lead me to the promised land, but he was benched in favor of Tim Tebow two weeks later. I eventually lost in the title game and have had two watch in horror at the resurgent career of Bush and the continued success of Johnson.

8. Eric says:

Being a Giants homer, in a 16 team leagur I traded Matt Ryan for Eli Manning straight up after the 3rd game of the 2012 season. I really thought Eli was elevating his game to the next level and was the better QB. The very week I made the trade Eli began what’s now a 17 game spiral into oblivion and Ryan has of course been a solid starter.

And of course I traded for David Wilson this preseason, and of course I have Hakeem Nicks as my WR2, and of course I’m 0-4 (and so are my G-Men) . . .

Gotta love FF.

9. Jake says:

Late last summer (2012) I was completely stacked at RB. I had an unknown commodity at the time named CJ Spiller. Being soft at WR, I decided to trade Spiller for the hot commodity known as Antonio Brown. The trade obviously looked terrible going into this season. However, hope remains.