14 Responses to “Over/Under: Adrian Peterson”

1. duffmanohno says:

Under seems so much more likely, but how can you ever bet against AP?

OVER

2. Paul says:

Definitely over, and I don’t expect many people to go with the under. The Vikings don’t have Harvin anymore, so more carries to Peterson. Barring injury, I think Peterson will pass that easy.

• Eric Olinger says:

They do have Greg Jennings and an electric rookie who does a lot of similar things Harvin did. Their wide receiving corp is in better shape than 12 months ago.

• Preston says:

I think he will go over too, but I really don’t think he will see more carries. Minnesota was in a position last year where they led for so much time that it really produced an outlier in terms of how many rushing attempts they had. I see almost no way they are able to run as much this season, bound to be trailing more often, and thus having to pass more.

AP will crack those numbers, though, barring an injury.

• Robert says:

The author was right with regard to the under.

3. Verb says:

I agree with the others in saying over. However, I don’t believe it will be by much on either ends. I hate to bet against AP but repeating what he did last year has always been difficult in the past for anyone. I suspect somewhere between 1500 and 1600 yards with 12-14 td’s would be a good projection.

4. Paul T says:

I’m with Duffmanohno, how can you bet against AP? Especially after last year. I say over, buy not by much… Just breaking 1500 / 13 would be a huge follow up to last year and I’d consider it a major success.

5. SJ says:

Nice write up. I can understand the talking points and given reduction to the mean of Petersons stats this year, but also almost learned the hard way – almost selling AP for pennies on the dollar at this time last year – never bet against Peterson.

Every league I have him in, I’m convinced to just let him ride out his career on my roster and just enjoy the ride. Anything goes with him, and I just cant ever bring myself to argue against him.

6. SJ says:

OMG.. I havent looked at his numbers in a while, and seeing it written there that he averaged, averaged! 131 yards rushing a game last year is just stupefying to me.

What a beast. Dude is all that is man.

7. jbpar72 says:

I’ll take the over all day.

8. Kyle says:

Haha, have you guys ever heard of “regression?”

He ain’t getting close to 14 TDs or over 1400 yards rushing.