21 Responses to “The Dynasty Aftermath: Week Ten”

1. Paul says:

I’d be worried if I’m banking on any Eagles skill position player (save Shady McCoy) now that Vick is done. They weren’t doing that great anyways but do we really see Foles as an immediate upgrade to Desean Jackson, Maclin, or Celek? Probably not.

• SJ says:

The hype around Foles needs to stop. Im in total agreement that Vick has been anything superlative, but give me a break. A mid-round rookie is really going to save the day in Philly? Why are people thinking that. Vick hasnt been terrible, hasent been great but hasnt been terrible to play as a decent low-QB1 each week. Now we got a wildcard in Foles. Will we even get that production each week? probably not.

Foles has a good matchup this week. if he flops, please tell me this is the end of this maddening madness. Not like hes gonna call better plays or get out there an block any of these blitzing defenders.. Foles aint gonna solve that. And there lies the REAL problem.

• SJ says:

As a Vick AND Foles owner (yes, I handcuffed him).. I’d much rather have Vick back. At least he gives you that chance for a monster game and is consistent enough to give you a decent one just from his rushing and passing yardage alone.

2. gudari47 says:

I´m worried folks, I´m worried. Was worried before reading this list, am much more worried now…

3. Sensei John Kreese says:

We need a 100 things I hate more than Chan Gailey article.

I am a Fred Jackson fan, but does it not make sense to get the best player on the field the ball 20 times a game?

See also; Romeo Crennel.

• SJ says:

.. theres something stagnant minded about NFL Coaches and how they groupthink and lump all the “smaller backs” into one mindset of considering them too small to take on a heavy workload each week.

Note to NFL Personnel’s: Some backs are just too good and need to be on the field as much as possible, on a week-in week-out basis. Cant just lump any back under 250lbs in this “undersized” category and consider them unable to be a featured weekly back.

Just bullshh.

• SJ says:

• Paul says:

Dear NFL coaches. If you beatup your good smaller RB’s, just know your GM needs to draft another one sooner than he might want. You’ll get better production than a 5-7th rd rookie who doesn’t know the system and if you don’t use huge signing bonus’s they’ll be easier to cut when they do fall off the cliff.

• Jake says:

A list of backs that need to just be given the job:
          Kendall Hunter (I do like Gore, but Hunter is much more explosive)
          Daryl Richardson (Jackson looks fresh, but how much longer can he hold up?)
          Jonathan Stewart (Some “workhorse,” although I’d expect nothing less from Carolina)
          Jacquizz Rodgers (Turner is really slowing that offense down)

• Paul says:

Agree on Richardson, Stewart, and Rodgers. Disagree on Hunter. Gore fits that system so well and that’s a power running system. Having Gore over Hunter from an experience standpoint just makes too much sense.

4. SJ says:

Could I add an inset to your final “I’d be worried if”…

If I had a team currently in “Standings Purgatory”.. in that you have a good, high-scoring team but at the bottom of the rankings due to unlucky scheduling. OR have a bad team currently somehow sitting in the top of the standings due to lucky scheduling.

… theres nothing worse than making it all the way to the playoffs and getting ousted within the first round. Only thing maybe worse is seeing your rightfully good team sitting on the sidelines come playoff time due to unlucky match-ups, getting high score after high score with the potential to win it all if given the chance.

• Paul says:

Disagree. Initial startup draft was this year and I drafted Luck, Spiller, Blackmon, and scores of other younger players. I’m currently 5-5 and couldn’t be happier with my team.

5. SJ says:

BTW… always enjoy these reads. One of my favorite weekly articles on the site

6. Coach says:

I’m loving Denarius Moore. In fact i’m loving my receiving core. It was a question mark coming into the season but now it’s a real strength.

Demaryius Thomas
    Denarius Moore
    Vincent Jackson
    Mike Williams
    Antonio Brown
    Steve Johnson

A little disappointed in Rueben Randle and I traded Ryan Broyles for Jonathan Dwyer, so the rookies have let me down so far. But overall I love it.

7. Ray Voeller says:

I’m worried if I am buying in on DLF Dynasty RB ranking that Doug Martin isn’t top 5. McCoy, T. Rich, Rice, Arian and ……

8. Dave says:

What are your thoughts on Colin kaepernick? Worth the add?

9. Stephen Lee says:

Could Joique Bell emerge as the #1 RB in Detroit? Or is he just “a guy” ?