23 Responses to “Just a Matter of Time”

1. Greggy Pooh says:

An owner just sent me a trade proposal. Just want to know your thoughts on it. Everyone is free to chime in.

PPR Dynasty League

I was offered Matt Forte and 1.3 and 2.3 in the upcoming draft for…

Darren Sproles and Mike Wallace

I already have 1.2 in the draft and was planning on selecting Richardson with that pick (someone moved up to take Luck at 1.1)

My roster looks like this:

Stafford,Cutler
    Wells, Rice, Sproles
    Fitzgerald, Harvin, Nicks, Wallace, T. Young
    Hernandez, Finley

With a possible shift in philosophy and an already low number of targets for Wallace, I thought this was enough to pose the question. Would you do it? I could get Blackmon at 1.3 and strengthen other areas with 2.3 (We are IDP as well). Thanks.

2. Tony says:

i agree, i would jump on that offer. U can get a top WR thru the draft to replace Wallace. Just make your picks count :)

3. Paul says:

Agreed! Take that and never look back.

• Sensai_John_Kreese says:

I still do the deal in a heartbeat, but i would miss Sproles a ton more than Mike Wallace. Wow, i wish i had morons like that in my league. Congratulations!!!

4. bigred says:

I play in a touchdown only dynasty league. 4pts. for qb passing td. 6pts. for a qb rushing td. I have tom brady, and mike vick.I have the third pick of round 1,2,3,4 and so on. my rb’s are(chris johnson,jahvid best,reggie bush,joseph addai,willis mcgahee)my recievers are(marques colston,aaron hernandez,roddy white,mike wallace,jordy nelson,lance moore,jermaine gresham,denarius moore,and greg little.)my question is,what should i do with pick 1:3. what qb would be better fit? luck or griffin? or do i try to trade some guys for better picks? i will listen to any and everyone for some advise. does the best available guy apply in my case?

• Paul says:

I’d dumb/trade Reggie Bush ASAP for whatever you can get. I’d consider Luck considering you already have a hit or miss QB. Joseph Addai and Lance Moore are almost cuttable in TD only. I’d also consider dealing Wallace or Colston for a RB if you can find someone with WR weakness. You have depth behind them and your RB’s are weak.

Trading 1.3 and 2.3 for 1.1 to ensure Richardson is also an option but if you trade WR for RB it becomes obviously less important.

5. Russ says:

Help me on this. Youre saying drop Robbie Gould??? I understand the logic, but 1. I’m a lifelong Bears fan, so it’s fun watching my kicker every sunday and have had him since year 1 as my kicker, and 2. we have a 20 man roster, I currently have 19 men and pick 2.10. So I would only be able to draft 1 player, and then we can’t add anyone until after week 1. This might change, but for now is the rule.

I think I just answered my own question! In my scenario and situation, it wouldn’t make sense to drop Mr. Gould as I would be entering week 1 without a kicker, unless i traded for one, but most everyone has 1 kicker.

I understand the logic though if we were able to add players BEFORE week 1.

• DLF_Jeff says:

That’s the balance between your favorite player(s) and the actual fantasy point advantage to keeping a player over the potential of picking up a position player that has a chance to become a skill position starter on your team.

We here at DLF don’t want to dictate what you HAVE to do … but just what we feel should be done, or at least an argument for why. It is up to each coach to at least consider the logic and then apply it to your situation. By doing that exercise, you have found that it makes sense to keep him. We can’t ask for me than to have our readers think “hmmm” and then apply the logic for themselves as to what makes sense.

Cheers.

• Russ says:

I understand the argument, and it makes sense, except in my league, where if I were to drop my kicker right now, I would play week 1 without a kicker.

Yeah 1 I drafted and carried 2 kickers and 2 defenses, until I realized I was one of a few doing that. Hard lesson learned, especially in a year one.

Lastly, I was being somewhat sarcastic, and in doing so pointing out that A. some leagues it’s not worthwhile to drop your kicker right now due to rules, and B. while I think Kickers are indeed a dime a dozen, why not get the kicker from your favorite team? At least you can pull for your kicker!

• ester michalek says:

Did you just wasted 5 minutes of my life asking about a kicker? Oh wait, you are a Bears fan. Enough said.

6. Dave says:

You say it’s a bad time to trade for a rb but I’m trying to trade roddy and Crabtree for mjd and Ingram. Think it’s a bad idea?

7. Paul says:

MJD has almost 1800 career touches on him. RB’s usually last 2000-2200 before falling off the cliff. I’d try to deal Michelle Lobsterbush for Ingram straight and if you have to throw someone in go for it. Jacksonville is also likely to realize they need an MJD backup and draft someone to ease the decline slightly.

8. The1rat says:

How about this for a trade offer?

He gives:
    Frank gore
    Jason Witten

For my:
    Gronk
    1.3

He comes back with

Frank Gore
    Santana Moss
    Jason Witten

For my:

Gronk
    JJ Watt

I mean, cmon, be real, you want to give me declining players for my players ascending into their prime. i sent the jerk a message to that effect, haven’t heard back yet. but sheesh, just he just assaulted my intelligence.